Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189354 times)

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #420 on: December 21, 2016, 03:36:48 pm »

Yeah my location of Tetra is pretty extremely barren, inactive settlements all around, although there are a couple of isolationist large cities near me but they don't seem relatively aggressive. Some of the more active areas seem to have some aggressive tendencies though, iirc someone said something about James Calhoun a few pages ago and when I checked he had like 4 pikemen and himself and was running around murdering newbies settlements. I'd recommend going for a castle early on if you're near those areas.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 21, 2016, 03:57:28 pm »

I'm just gonna come out and say it, this is what Might & Fealty was supposed to be. Sure, that game has some great ideas going for it, a more engaging combat and RP system for example, but this is just leaps ahead in most areas that matter, and undeniably the better game already.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 04:02:38 pm by Mookzen »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 21, 2016, 04:08:34 pm »

I'm just gonna come out and say it, this is what Might & Fealty was supposed to be. Sure, that game has some great ideas going for it, a more engaging combat and RP system for example, but this is just leaps ahead in most areas that matter, and undeniably the better game already.

yarp. precisely.

It's kind of neat that a lot of this game kind of relies on denser settling. The actual tiers of titles start requiring continuous territories of multiple cities, requiring you to vassalize bordering cities. Starting in a denser area might make it hard to find resources, but you benefit later in the vassalage game.

Also lets not forget that you can settle multiple domains!!!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 21, 2016, 04:12:40 pm »

The French do tend to role out interesting browser games...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 21, 2016, 04:22:42 pm »

Wow, this thread is skyrocketing in page count.  We're roughly at six per day, and things are only just getting started.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 21, 2016, 04:24:49 pm »

Er, excuse me for what might very well be a very ignorant question, but with all this praise for density and settling near each other, what benefit does that actually provide? I've not been able to find a way to meaningfully interact with my neighbors, except for militarily. I can't trade with my neighbors, I can't send my friendly nearby ally a load of high quality iron for his master smith to turn into weapons for us to share or anything like that. True, you can manipulate your selling and buying prince on the market to give favorable deals to each other, but that's a sorta weak and indirect interaction and since trade is instant that doesn't rely on nearness at all. Unless I'm missing something it seems like there's not actually any benefit from settling near allies or even your own domains near each other except in the case of sending troops a bit quicker to defend.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 21, 2016, 04:28:35 pm »

most of the benefit is militarily. You also need a ton of continuously settled lands to form larger realms/achieve higher feudal ranks. economically speaking, settling near friends will prevent you from getting inadvertently fucked over by strangers who expand into your planned expansion.

im not really settled directly next to anyone in the impromptu Bay12 alliance.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 21, 2016, 04:30:36 pm »

00952W:29147N

Nearish my location, and this has some good source of minerals and even sapphire. There's like barely anyone in that area of the woods, most people are inactive. Also that river leads to a bay somewhere around there, so if people are interested in a coastal/fishing lifestyle it's good there. Very densely forested near the bay.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 21, 2016, 04:42:49 pm »

The big thing is this has an actual GAME to play.  MnF has some good ideas but it's barley more than a forum to RP in.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 21, 2016, 05:36:20 pm »

Tempted to buy myself a month of bonus tokens, just to help my start out. Things are just taking truly forever right now.

Not a terrible idea--but they're not a cure all. They'll speed up small stuff though--huts, roads, gathering, etc.

Big projects will still take a while unless you get lucky in your daily rolls.

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 21, 2016, 05:42:47 pm »

Tempted to buy myself a month of bonus tokens, just to help my start out. Things are just taking truly forever right now.

Not a terrible idea--but they're not a cure all. They'll speed up small stuff though--huts, roads, gathering, etc.

Big projects will still take a while unless you get lucky in your daily rolls.

yeah, like a castle I'm building is a little over 3 days and needs over 12,000 tokens!

It might instead (maybe on top of paying the 5 dollars or whatever)...be better to just stockpile them and deal with the bit of slowness at the start. I dunno, maybe that strategy doesn't work out as well. It would allow speeding up the beginning part of the game. But, I think stockpiling tokens could have its advantages.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 21, 2016, 06:01:08 pm »

Ya, though tokens are still fantastic though. It's great to be able to pump out a couple of huts in a day with good rolls.

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 21, 2016, 06:01:49 pm »

You can't stockpile. Every new roll, you lose your last day's tokens. I just need to catch up my development relative to others since I got bogged down building too many long roads.

ah, I didn't know that. Guess that makes it more balanced. I thought it was just the roll itself you couldn't keep. So would have to use a roll each day. Well, good to know :)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 21, 2016, 06:09:29 pm »

It was bit of a minor shock when I found they don't accumulate , but I don't expect to rely on them any way.

Made my first domain expansion, grabbing that iron to my south. The expansion area was slightly larger than anticipated, so I got the limey plateau as well, giving me(eventual) access to much higher quality limestone than the mountain I already had.

Also received a fairly friendly "hello" message from the guy to my south, Arnold Blackmoon. Still considering my reply.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TTHSK

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurked for a very long time
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 21, 2016, 06:11:35 pm »

On the uh, tokens topic, I rolled 75k (three LOL and I had LOL+) on my third roll so I've shot ahead a bit (I had no idea what to setup so I mostly built houses, so I have 31 units now).
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 161