Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189229 times)

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #360 on: December 20, 2016, 08:07:28 pm »

Cons:
-a newb who based their early economy on selling, say, bricks is clearly hurt.

Maybe not as much as you think, as long as said newb produces quality bricks. Once your past the initial stages and actually want decent quality buildings, using those half star bricks will be a big no-no.

Some goods are already doing this, like some tools. There is a large amount of both for sale at low quality and price, but if you ramp up the quality bar there are much less, and vastly more expensive high quality goods available. I recently purchased some 80% hammers for 200 each to equip my workers with, when the standard price for half stars is currently 50-75 each. Now I can't touch hammers from liquidation without crashing my quality %.

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 20, 2016, 08:59:49 pm »

I managed to claim a territory on Goldor down south (which I keep typing as Gondor and then having to fix it. Gondor would have been so much of a better name :P)

05643W:17285N

Not too bad. Not the best, but has nice stuff around, a lot of farming potential. And way more advanced than anything I have built so far. Even has a school. And had farming ready to go. I was even able to expand the borders twice, so I managed to include lime/apple trees+chestnut trees.

I have two more domains I'm hoping to get down south. One I'll most likely get, has really good stuff around. Gotta wait for the timer to go down to claim it. There is a guy north of it that has expanded three times since I've been watching the area, so I sent him a mail for hopeful peace lol. And then one way far east on the mainland on the coast, which I hope to get in the morning. But someone else is wanting to get it to, so if I get it first, he'll probably be mad :P I'm staying up all night though, otherwise can't get up in time for it. It has diamonds nearby and pretty good stuff around and I guess a princedom or something nearby? It is just the first tier crown, not sure what that be called. I sent him a mail too, so hopefully he appreciates that.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 20, 2016, 09:17:10 pm »

Don't all these shenanigans damage the economy and integrity of the in-game world ?
Who cares, as long as you make the money to get to the better stuff.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 20, 2016, 09:32:02 pm »

I've come across another finished-tutorial-then-quit domain. Claimed it, liquidated it, and found another. This one just came on the chopping blockmarket, a few hours ago. It has several tiles of 31% quality clay(some of which the town is directly on), plus some meadow, and a ton of ancient trees. Think I should make this a keeper and set up clay production?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 20, 2016, 09:42:55 pm »

Up to you. You can always found your own domain, or give a domain to your heir.

EDIT: Also, goddamn, building a second domain for your heir takes absolutely forever. No beginner time-boost bonus. Huts take around 8-9 hours, per level.

yup, to get to the point of the tutorial base takes a long time. Its why I decided to just find domains to take that were at a minimum of where the tutorial is.

Also, training a fruit grower and a farmer :D so should get a good supply of food going

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 20, 2016, 09:46:45 pm »

Looks like I still have to wait a week before the domain becomes claimable, so I guess the time required for it to be considered fully abandoned even in the absence of heirs is two weeks.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 20, 2016, 10:11:46 pm »

Hmm... it is very easy to screw things up.

Like clicking the stop button on a construction project.  (Wish there is an 'are you sure you wanna fuck this up?' pop-up.)
Or selling stuff at minimum.  (I'm not sure how I screwed this one up)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 20, 2016, 11:30:51 pm »

Always, a good thing to build early, and only if you are in the south.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 20, 2016, 11:46:13 pm »

Man happiness is such a crapshoot, even with my immense funds from liquidation giving everyone like 100 gold each they still all request obscure things like ham and stay uber pissed off. 

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 20, 2016, 11:47:09 pm »

Well, I'll work towards housing then. The more hands the better.

Yeah housing + a school to train a carpenter and good ideas.
The carpenter is great to speed up building huts.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 21, 2016, 12:00:16 am »

So, in my town, I have... 4 streets, a granite mine, and a gold mine. Now what? More housing? Some schools? Food?

One school is probs enough for now. Always want more housing. ALWAYS. Uh... lets see, get some raw lumber incoming?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 21, 2016, 12:15:58 am »

I have some raw lumber. I'll take the advice on a school. Looks like it will take... 3 days. Goodie.

Might want a castle as well. To protect against ganking.

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 21, 2016, 12:21:24 am »

Found A town at 03052W 25663N. The advertised ressources end up farther than my domain, but I plan to keep it anyway. There's also two abandoned settlement nearby to liquidate.

Also I send my first heir at 02898W 25736N to build another town. There's wood, iron, salt and limestone in close proximity.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 21, 2016, 12:39:02 am »

Every hour and one minute a unit with auto enabled and full stamina will do one of two things: Move to a place they can work or work.  Not both.

Best thing is to manually run your units while you are there.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 21, 2016, 12:58:02 am »

Does he have full stamina?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 161