Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189220 times)

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #345 on: December 20, 2016, 06:48:44 pm »

The floor price of Oak is 5.00 so it isn't possible to sell it for less than that per m3.  Maybe you were looking at that you had 550 gold value of oak, and not how many m3 you had?

If you look at the columns, the gold number is the market value of the item * how much you have in stock. The black number is how much you have.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 20, 2016, 06:49:49 pm »

I think that was it actually, hrm.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 20, 2016, 06:50:11 pm »

Thats either a bug or some  mistake. You cancelled via the "red square" on the market page for oak right?

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 20, 2016, 06:52:48 pm »

Thats either a bug or some  mistake. You cancelled via the "red square" on the market page for oak right?

No, I was just being dumb, I had 1100 in value of Oak, not 1100 units. Sorry for clogging this thread  :P
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 20, 2016, 06:55:55 pm »

As long as you learned something, I wouldn't call it clogged, someone might have the same thing happen to them and be thankful for reading what actually happened. Meanwhile, it is 5 minutes until reset. Waiting to see where I land on the wealth rankings!

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 20, 2016, 07:04:14 pm »

If you think thats dumb then dont -- you should see the mistakes I have made since starting this game... like accidentally cancelling your school building after its been active for over a day with a large chunk of men... so not only did i have to start again from the beginning but my men where also super tired and took a long time to rest before i could even begin again - so basically wasted a whole day. Or the £££ I lost being way over my stock limit as goods disappeared. Keep your eye on your stockpile limit if your chopping lots of woods.

Honestly so far its been one screw up after another :D
This damn cold weather in the Northern Wilds, its messing with my head.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 20, 2016, 07:06:30 pm »

I just need the money to buy sand and pickaxes. Then I'll have a nice supply of granite to work with.

You know sand is dirt cheap right? £1.4-2 / per t. Only 5t needed per house.
I built a sandpit but im wondering if its even worth bothering to waste a men working in it.

Edit: I guess it depends on region. Just checking its more expensive everywhere else but still only ~2-14 in all regions.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 07:08:04 pm by Crowe~ »

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 20, 2016, 07:12:48 pm »

Edged in at 28th! Not bad not bad! *self congratulations*  8)

So many shiny new medals and things to wear.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 20, 2016, 07:34:06 pm »

Sure is nice to make money without doing anything! I wonder how many people use this trick.

In unrelated news, someone bought a single brick from me.
- Charles Babbage

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 20, 2016, 07:42:52 pm »

I feel kinda like my settlement is going way too slow. Is that a bad thing? I haven't seen any threats, mainly because I seem to be outside of any real person's sphere of influence besides Breizh(whom I intend to at least get to a decent relationship with, mainly for my protection)

I mean. I did send a letter asking for what is essentially a non-aggression agreement. They agreed, sooo. Yeah.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 20, 2016, 07:46:15 pm »

Building things does seem to take a while at the start! I think the key is getting more workers, and building more things in parallel, instead of throwing a bunch on one thing trying to get it done quickly. i.e. having 8 workers build 8 houses is faster than having 4 pairs build 4 houses twice.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 20, 2016, 07:47:36 pm »

Don't all these shenanigans damage the economy and integrity of the in-game world ?

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 20, 2016, 07:53:48 pm »

Not really, you're essentially buying an item from someone who wants it sold right away and doesn't want to wait, and then reselling it at market value. The buy orders are essentially for people who want something but can wait, and sell orders are for people who want to sell something but can wait. The "profit" you're making is the difference between the price the person who wanted to dump their stock real quick sold it at then what they could of gotten at a higher price by waiting. These price differences don't tend to exist for common commodities that people buy in bulk, like iron or water or straw, since the goods move fast enough that there is not much of a wait at market price.
- Charles Babbage

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 20, 2016, 07:56:45 pm »

Don't all these shenanigans damage the economy and integrity of the in-game world ?

I think its important to note all the goods you get from liquidation are inferior products. So once you've moved past the starting period you wont' want to touch them because they'll bring your quality % down to the dirt.

I think it also might be a good thing, since production on some thing is still non-existent, like gloves. If it wasn't for the starting supplies coming in providing them everyone except the few already producing them would be without. There is obviously a great demand for these things and either no one is mass producing enough yet or the people who are already established are hording theirs.

Once the economy stabilizes I think this will be pretty much a thing of the past or vastly less profitable because no one is going to want half star quality items. It will still be good for new players however, because they'll be able to get starting materials for cheap.

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 20, 2016, 07:57:54 pm »

Pros to the Hawkwood Method:
-clears the map of some pointless settlements
-allows newer players to buy key early items like nails for cheap.

Cons:
-a newb who based their early economy on selling, say, bricks is clearly hurt.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 161