Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189147 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #255 on: December 19, 2016, 08:42:46 pm »

I started playing this a bit in an assuredly terrible location (I'm sure, but my friends are here so eh.) And nearish to my starting spot there turned out to be another town, long abandoned but full of peasants, so I walked on over and claimed it for my own and now I'm basically playing two towns? Weird. To be honest, I wasn't sure what I expected to happen, like, my towns would merge or I could take the land or the resources or something? Is it possible to merge the two domains somehow?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 19, 2016, 09:01:12 pm »

Started this up about half an hour ago, at 01105W:28692N, probably pretty far away from everyone else since I can't really understand the scale of the coordinate system. Ended up with a decent amount of forests and limestone. It also said I'd have iron, but it doesn't seem to be within my borders. My knowledge of metallurgy suggests that charcoal(from wood), iron, and limestone make steel, but steel doesn't seem to be in the game according to the help files.

In the meantime, I've sent myself and all the peasants out to either chop wood or start building a school. Should I build a hunter shelter and get some meat on?

Also, it's a little hard reading some of the pages, many are in French and some in Spanish.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 19, 2016, 09:08:27 pm »

Started this up about half an hour ago, at 01105W:28692N, probably pretty far away from everyone else since I can't really understand the scale of the coordinate system. Ended up with a decent amount of forests and limestone. It also said I'd have iron, but it doesn't seem to be within my borders. My knowledge of metallurgy suggests that charcoal(from wood), iron, and limestone make steel, but steel doesn't seem to be in the game according to the help files.

In the meantime, I've sent myself and all the peasants out to either chop wood or start building a school. Should I build a hunter shelter and get some meat on?

Also, it's a little hard reading some of the pages, many are in French and some in Spanish.

Stop chopping your wood. That removes the forest tile. Harvesting it doesn't remove the tile.
Finding that iron tile would really increase your possible profit. Try to visit every tile. It's supposed to be red colored.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 19, 2016, 09:09:07 pm »

I don't spot it myself at a glance, but I do see a deposit right to your south which you should be able to pick up in a day or two as long as you build up your huts/houses when you expand.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 19, 2016, 09:12:30 pm »

So... 97% quality tin... hows that work out?  Browsing the map and saw that.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 19, 2016, 09:22:24 pm »

Saw the iron spot to my south. Looks exactly like the limey plateau right next to it when covered in snow. There's also a much larger but lower quality deposit to me NW. To my NE there's what appears to be an abandoned domain that I didn't notice before. I really wish the map rendered domains faster and at a wider zoom.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 19, 2016, 09:35:00 pm »

Meanwhile, Nathaniel Hawkwood is straight killing the tickets game.

I don't know about killing it, haha. I was just enjoying penning the ingame-events to a story and fleshing out my characters. It has been a long time since I wrote anything really so I'm obviously pretty rusty.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 19, 2016, 09:42:16 pm »

Meanwhile, Nathaniel Hawkwood is straight killing the tickets game.

I don't know about killing it, haha. I was just enjoying penning the ingame-events to a story and fleshing out my characters. It has been a long time since I wrote anything really so I'm obviously pretty rusty.

Definitely makes good reading material. Hopefully it hasn't attracted any greedy bandits though!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 19, 2016, 10:00:21 pm »

Should I put a Market Square on my main square?

EDIT: Come to think of it, I just claimed the inactive's domain. Should I build it up or burn it and loot it?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 10:02:17 pm by Akura »

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 19, 2016, 10:05:58 pm »

Should I put a Market Square on my main square?

EDIT: Come to think of it, I just claimed the inactive's domain. Should I build it up or burn it and loot it?

does it have a lot of built up stuff? Or better stuff than your current domain?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 19, 2016, 10:07:07 pm »

Just the stuff left over from the tutorial, then abandoned. Other than more and slightly better trees, resources are less, though it does have meadow I can scavenge vegetables from.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 19, 2016, 10:16:41 pm »

Yeah i'd probably scavenge the meadow - demolish the buildings and sell the resources. The extra cash will be good to buy resources/tools for your main town to train better craftsmen like carpenters.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 19, 2016, 10:24:04 pm »

Always build the market square ASAP. +100 or so expansion points for minimal cost.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 19, 2016, 10:25:55 pm »

I started playing this a bit in an assuredly terrible location (I'm sure, but my friends are here so eh.) And nearish to my starting spot there turned out to be another town, long abandoned but full of peasants, so I walked on over and claimed it for my own and now I'm basically playing two towns? Weird. To be honest, I wasn't sure what I expected to happen, like, my towns would merge or I could take the land or the resources or something? Is it possible to merge the two domains somehow?
You've got two options: You can either take over the domain, ruling it in parallel with your own (best for domains that are more advanced to your own and/or have better resources available); or you burn everything to the ground, selling all the resources then liquidating the domain, which will put 50% of the domain's gold into your lord's pocket (which will get put back into your main bank account at the end of the day.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 19, 2016, 10:28:25 pm »

Ohhh.... I've unlocked Palaces. O.O
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 161