Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189097 times)

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #210 on: December 19, 2016, 02:30:18 pm »

Salt marshes can be used to get salt and soda.  Salt is needed for a lot of animal processing, soda is neeed for glass while both are needed for soap.  The demand probably isn't that high right now but will only grow.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 19, 2016, 02:34:16 pm »

also, don't overestimate a nail factory--extremely useful to be able to produce all the materials build basic buildings in your domain.

Add a quarry and school to that for maximum effect
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 19, 2016, 03:01:37 pm »

I'm interested in starting up in this game, but I don't have consistent amounts of time to play. Does going inactive for a day or two at a time make it unplayable due to the multiplayer aspect?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 19, 2016, 03:07:39 pm »

It looks like you can take a few days off every now and then without things going wrong.  Just make sure you park your main unit somewhere safe.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 19, 2016, 03:09:35 pm »

Finally managed to expand my domain, only for it to deftly avoid the nearby slate deposit, as well as the limestone and gobble up a vast amount of useless plains, granitic rock I can't dig, and some firs. Looks like it's a week or two of .17 gold, guys.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 19, 2016, 03:14:20 pm »

I know it may go against our inner hoarders and treehuggers, but if you got a shitload of trees and are short on cash, cut that shit down. Good boost of  cash and you're not missing a whole lot of the investment, one tree can be harvested once per week giving 10ish logs. Cutting gives 200+. Which means you'll only start to miss that tree in 15-20 weeks, of course save some high Q trees for hunting but if you're short on cash, cutting that tree and netting 1-2k to buy stuff for a forge or a school is huge.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 19, 2016, 03:21:25 pm »

Whats the process to quickly demolish my starting domain?  I built a lot of random things and want to restart it, but also want to keep the account.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 19, 2016, 03:22:03 pm »

Seems the goods liquidation goods market is quickly falling through the floor. I think maybe a considerable number of people started to join the business and the market for those starter goods is glutted now.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 19, 2016, 03:24:23 pm »

Whats the process to quickly demolish my starting domain?  I built a lot of random things and want to restart it, but also want to keep the account.

Probably set one settler on each tile to demolish everything, demolishing seems to be fairly quick and once you got no buildings left, sell all your stuff and liquidate.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 19, 2016, 03:26:09 pm »

once you've demolished all your buildings - sell your resources.
in your original square, move your noble there and liquidate action. You will get half the realms remaining coins.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 19, 2016, 03:33:51 pm »

Yep once you've liquidated you'll be able to start a new domain. Although I'm pretty sure you can't start it in any square that was in the old domain's territory.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 19, 2016, 03:35:44 pm »

So I found a new place to settle, and I've noticed a few domains are abandoned so I was able to claim them. Is there some easy way to transfer all of the resources in one domain to another? How would I go about doing that, or do I have to sell everything on the market and just transfer the currency?

I'm also interested in this. I believe you have to sell everything off, but maybe there's an option to transfer if you're pledged to someone?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 19, 2016, 03:39:58 pm »

Yep once you've liquidated you'll be able to start a new domain. Although I'm pretty sure you can't start it in any square that was in the old domain's territory.
That so?  Then I'll have to rebuild the hard and stupid way. 
(Its just an OCD thing, don't mind me.)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 19, 2016, 04:11:16 pm »

I'm interested in starting up in this game, but I don't have consistent amounts of time to play. Does going inactive for a day or two at a time make it unplayable due to the multiplayer aspect?

it does not. it takes a while for people to travel large distance in game--especially in larger groups. so you should be okay. and once you get a castle or barracks you should be fine.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 19, 2016, 04:15:31 pm »

Yeah plan out your shit accordingly, just realized I screwed up and made one of my streets a crossing so can't extend it, had to demolish everything on that tile and starting off from square one, a single hut. On the bright side since my liquidation is making me some nice cashflow, should be able to put industries on hold and develop some more huts for more population. But yeah this game could really use some more warning prompts, especially regarding the placement of streets and crossings. One screwup can cost you, for my case literally days of work to rebuild that tile full of huts again.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 161