Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189228 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1980 on: March 24, 2017, 07:25:43 pm »

I could give you this domain: https://www.landsoflords.com/map/01073W23842N
It has decent oak and good beech, 2 of the most valuable woods in the game. And not much else, I admit, but it is a good starting point. Already has some cash in it and peasants.

( I am Adric by the way)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: March 26, 2017, 06:02:10 am »

I am finding harvesting cork to be the best source of income for my small village. It sells for very good money in Tropica.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

shabang50

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: March 26, 2017, 05:32:55 pm »

How does consumption work exactly? Do i manually buy stocks of everything or will residents do it once they've been paid?

also what the shit is this game

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: March 26, 2017, 10:49:13 pm »

I am finding harvesting cork to be the best source of income for my small village. It sells for very good money in Tropica.
It's making good money because people are buying it to make bottles on Tetra.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: March 27, 2017, 09:38:00 am »

I'm also still looking for someone to take a domain off my hands (plssssss)

If anyone new is looking for a headstart on the game message me I can give you a decently well developed domain
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: March 27, 2017, 12:51:27 pm »

Are there any penalties for having your lord sell himself as a whore in the brothel?

EDIT: is there any use to teach a settler more than one profession, or will it just override the one already learned?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 02:05:10 pm by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: March 27, 2017, 02:48:44 pm »

New professions replace old ones, and half of earned xp are lost in the process.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: March 27, 2017, 04:40:07 pm »

Are there any penalties for having your lord sell himself as a whore in the brothel?

EDIT: is there any use to teach a settler more than one profession, or will it just override the one already learned?

Your dignity.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: March 27, 2017, 11:38:02 pm »

For those B12ers who have not vassalized under a major power, be it Farra or anyone else...  I recommend you do so.  A fellow B12er, Lichis, today woke up to 30-40 dead settlers in his Tropica domain of Mira.  Since he was unconnected to us as far as game mechanics went- there wasn't much we can do about it.  Anyways- do it- vassalize!

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: March 28, 2017, 02:29:10 am »

Band up with other guys on Tropico and be relevant. Don't just join realms continents away out of fear and be a backwater forever.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: March 28, 2017, 05:00:06 am »

Looks like some veteran player settled nearby. They settled a week later than me, but already have a forge, cistern, level 2 castle, barracks etc, and about 4 times as many houses / huts. I must admit that I was slightly inactive for a week, last week.

Domain owner sent me an invitation to come to his castle with my lord to discuss the future of our domains. Not unpolite, no threats added or whatever, but I am slightly wary and politely refused, saying my fledgling town needs every working hand, including my lord's.

I might want to join up with a bay12 faction if that could offer me some protection if needed. I don't have castles, barracks or forges. I just managed to connect a basalt quarry.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: March 28, 2017, 05:05:52 am »

Just talk to the guy, you're not losing anything. For once try to eschew the clique mentality.

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: March 28, 2017, 07:36:29 am »

Yes, absolutely talk to your neighbor. You have no idea what they are like. Friendships are one of the most powerful assets you can have in the game.

Lichis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: March 28, 2017, 08:25:08 am »

Band up with other guys on Tropico and be relevant. Don't just join realms continents away out of fear and be a backwater forever.

There is no "banding with other Tropicans" when its a realm on the far continents that is causing trouble and demanding to vassalise or keep losing everything. It would be even better for them so they can send their knights and destroy more things.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: March 28, 2017, 09:18:04 am »

The fact you got a bad neighbour does mean everybody has to do the same and fuck with their neighbours preemptively.
I personally got very decent neighbours who are also from large overseas realms but turned out to be quite friendly and accommodating. Don't let fear-mongers make your Tropico experience miserable when it does not have to be that way. I mean, yeah, if your neighbour is attacking you, then you have to look for solutions overseas. But why not even give him a chance if he seems friendly?
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 161