Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189885 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1245 on: January 10, 2017, 04:36:02 am »

Yeah. On automation it's not just construction of stuff. It's... Well. Pretty much everything. Woodcutters are horribly inefficient if you automate them, craftsmen do some really dumb stuff with their automation, I've heard that they go down the list of stuff you've selected one by one but that's both not that great (what if you want several of one thing and a few other things when you're out) and also demonstrably untrue/broken, with them seeming to do semi random shit from their list, sometimes moving though it and other times just making the same thing over and over. The way brothels work is hilariously bad, you have to micromanage your dudes to move them in and out of the entertainment area to make sure that they recover stamina. And entertainment seems to be a pretty huge difference in recovery times. If you're willing to constantly baby sit all the little things that your dudes are doing your town will be way way better off. Which. Well. Maybe that's a desired mechanic, but in a game with day long building times and month long tree growth and year long season cycles... Constant micromanagement doesn't feel good to me. At least, not as a requirement for such an increase in efficiency.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: January 10, 2017, 04:41:16 am »

Lol, you guys dont want stats, you want more automation--why? WHY??? The micro is what makes the game fun. Building something great--piece by piece. You just want to be able to sit back and do nothing?????

I don't want to automate everything, I love that in this game you can build tile by tile, but have you ever taken a look at one of the larger cities? I can imagine it becomes quite a nightmare to manage so many units.
Automating everything isn't required.  Doing some things manually actually gives you better quality.   By that, I mean using different jobs with skillsets better suited then a job that can do it automatically.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Vibe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: January 10, 2017, 07:43:39 am »

If my understanding is correct, there's no reason to build a higher quality Charcoal Furnace or Clay Pit as they do not provide any skill bonuses?

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: January 10, 2017, 08:08:21 am »

I have a question for people with metalworking industries.
Can I make low quality nails or tools using copper?

I have a copper mine and it produces both copper and copper ore and copper just seems like something you sell to the ai.

Vibe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: January 10, 2017, 08:10:43 am »

I have a question for people with metalworking industries.
Can I make low quality nails or tools using copper?

I have a copper mine and it produces both copper and copper ore and copper just seems like something you sell to the ai.

if you dont care about the quality then yes
https://www.landsoflords.com/help/res/const:nail

check under Fabrication > "Required skills and resources"

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1250 on: January 10, 2017, 08:13:47 am »

Is there an easy way to find metal deposits on the map? I'm starting to regret settling here and I'd like to restart in some location with a resource other than wood and stone.

Vibe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: January 10, 2017, 08:27:43 am »

Is there an easy way to find metal deposits on the map? I'm starting to regret settling here and I'd like to restart in some location with a resource other than wood and stone.

Zoom out a bit until the snow disappears and then look at the textures. Some metals are harder to find than others. I made this pic for my friends:

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1252 on: January 10, 2017, 08:34:37 am »

Thanks! That will help quite a bit.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: January 10, 2017, 09:20:23 am »

Whats the difference between small schools/small forges/etc and schools/forges/etc? I see there is a tiny skill buff, but is that it? Would a medium school let me train two people at once or something?

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: January 10, 2017, 09:28:44 am »

They provide skill buffs as well as allowing more people to work concurrently. Medium = two people, Large = three.

Note: from what I've heard, automation doesn't play nice with that, unfortunately. It'll just have two/three workers all on one project.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1255 on: January 10, 2017, 09:29:26 am »

Just so I understand:

I now have a wood cutter trained. This wood cutter will automatically harvest wood now? Do I need to so anything special to make that happen? or just leave him alone?

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: January 10, 2017, 09:40:17 am »

Just so I understand:

I now have a wood cutter trained. This wood cutter will automatically harvest wood now? Do I need to so anything special to make that happen? or just leave him alone?

Just have him harvest wood on a tree location once (not tree felling under construction that will remove the trees for good!)

Once he's done the action once he'll move from tree to tree every hour (as long as he's at full stamina) and then collect the next hour (as long as the tree hasn't been harvested within the last 7 days already.)

Under the units page in management every unit has an automation tab (looks like a cog) where you can control which auto actions they will and won't perform. This depends on worker class. some don't have any automation options.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1257 on: January 10, 2017, 09:45:20 am »

Aha, I see. Thank you.

I ended up settling on Error (02075W:24685N). There is a deposit of iron to the southeast on a single tile which I am hoping to exploit at some point
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 09:54:10 am by forsaken1111 »

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: January 10, 2017, 10:06:51 am »

Iron is a really great way to make money. Once you have a smelter going even if you have the lowest quality iron you can still sell at a profit to the trade AI at floor minimum.

If you haven't joined the discord yet I'd def recommend it, lots of helpful players advice! :)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1259 on: January 10, 2017, 10:09:09 am »

I may join the discord later on.

I also have some really high quality (94%) limestone if that is useful
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 161