Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189801 times)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1125 on: January 05, 2017, 02:26:50 pm »

I plopped down in 02970W:17242N.

All shall bow to greenhornery
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: January 05, 2017, 02:28:23 pm »

Here is the vile knave. Looks like he's about to enact a repeat performance actually.
The guy is already getting a castle in 2.5 days. 
The random he is killing looks like an inactive.
Not even 2.5 days, 48.5 hours.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: January 05, 2017, 02:36:09 pm »

seems a bit early. He is giving up on a lot of early growth to achieve that.
On the other hand I suppose his aggressive behavior is profitable, and he also wants to avoid similar tactics used against him.

I am really tempted to send an handful of soldiers. it is just a one day round trip.
edit: by the way, he has a really nice ruby deposit inside his domain.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: January 05, 2017, 06:02:32 pm »

Finished my double high blast furnace upgrade today.  I don't actually have a 2nd metallurgist to make proper use of it, but it turns out a charcoal burner produces very nearly the same quality of iron (70% vs the metallurgist's 74%), and iron takes long enough to smelt that I don't really need automation on it (plus the automation wouldn't work for two production lines of the same material, from what I understand).  The charcoal guy does take 1h45m longer per run though.  Also got a Brothel going with a base +6 happiness on the house and +4 from charms... and now playing on my break at work is marginally riskier in a NSFW capacity :p

Next up is an Armoury and a Wheelwright shop, then a Barracks and maybe a small Temple (got a guy with great stats as a Priest, but not for much else).  For a frozen mountain town, Vandeland is shaping up quite nicely.

I might not have planned my layout entirely well though - when I eventually get around to walling it off, I'm going to have to either knock some stuff down, or deal with building walls on the Limestone mountainside with all that -Surveying and -Digging.

Meanwhile in Vandelay Bay, geez, I didn't realise how low yield Brickmaking is.  Even with two kilns working round the clock it's still a pitiful amount of bricks coming out, can't keep up with construction much less sell for profit.  Vandeland's limestone quarries produce 2-3 times as much building material, with a better +Masonry bonus for construction to boot.  I think I'll switch to limestone quarries there too and just use the brickyards for tiles - they at least seem to sell for more.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: January 05, 2017, 06:28:27 pm »

The fire skill is the most important for smelting by a long shot (which is why the charcoal burner was about as good, and why wisdom should be the preferred attribute for those units, and charcoal quality is very important for smelting).

Also, you can buy 100% quality iron on the market for 5g/kg. I was going to go for a high quality smelter first as well, but have now decided that a high quality forge would be better. Being able to reliably produce and sell 100% quality iron at that price could make crazy money if there's enough demand to sell a high volume, though.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: January 05, 2017, 06:48:51 pm »

Yeah, I'd have maybe been better upgrading the forge instead, but I currently have two forges (tools & nails) with another being built (armory) so I figured boosting the iron itself will benefit all 3 rather than just upgrading one of them.  Error's got a fair bit of iron on it, but nothing selling at 100% that I've seen so far; the best available at the moment is 2500 units at 87% and I don't think anyone's buying it (too much 60-70% quality iron available for a fraction of the price).  To be honest I'm not seeing a lot of demand for high quality goods in general on Error - possibly not enough wealth or production in place to support either at this stage.  Or like me, people are resolving to make it themselves.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: January 05, 2017, 07:40:27 pm »

Structure quality for warehouses doesn't really matter, does it? Or barns? I've heard it doesn't for houses, but I disagree because you can build a workshop specialization on houses for which quality does matter.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: January 05, 2017, 07:44:20 pm »

The only effect quality of the house has is the happiness bonus and how hard the building is to take down.

No building specialization has ANY effect on the quality of work made there, only the building it's built in.  If that said building has a bonus to said work.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: January 05, 2017, 07:58:15 pm »

I see, though I did have trouble figuring out what you meant until I saw that workshop specializations do nothing for the skills of their craftsmen - unlike forges, kilns, etc., which do.

That said, I do notice that higher quality buildings give greater ranged defense and building strength(or whatever the tower icon means). A 2% quality house has a building strength and ranged defense of 2 each, but three huts at 62% quality have 23/74. That could have impact on a siege, I suppose.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: January 05, 2017, 09:24:26 pm »

I've found my new calling: 4* lanterns. Build them 10 at a time, then sell them at 299 a pop.

Fishing, on the other hand, has been a great disappointment. After all the work to get some boats in the water and nets made for fishermen, the fish are barely worth as much as the output of my vegetable garden.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: January 05, 2017, 09:40:09 pm »

sell them at 299 a pop.

This is why we can't have nice ruby miners things.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: January 05, 2017, 10:17:37 pm »

I've found my new calling: 4* lanterns. Build them 10 at a time, then sell them at 299 a pop.

Fishing, on the other hand, has been a great disappointment. After all the work to get some boats in the water and nets made for fishermen, the fish are barely worth as much as the output of my vegetable garden.

Don't vegetable gardens make like 10k a day though? Pretty good in my book :P.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: January 05, 2017, 10:19:59 pm »

As long as you are putting up the best qual, yeah.

Friend Computer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: January 06, 2017, 02:37:28 am »

Here is the vile knave. Looks like he's about to enact a repeat performance actually.

I believe I am going to have a polite little chat with him, some tea and a few coutliers. Just have them stand around of course.
Hey Bay12ers, we have a Land of Lords Discord chat, come on in and visit today! https://discord.gg/53f3mEX

Vibe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: January 06, 2017, 03:40:28 am »

How much do optional resources matter (like glass) for the ending quality? I'm trying to build up a high quality workshop to make high quality tools, but without optional resources and with all other high quality resources I'm getting a low medium quality workshop. Is this more dependant on my builders (carpenters/roofers) or is it because of the optional resources?

Hold up, is it possible that building quality doesn't affect the product quality that is produced in it? D:

What do building specializations help with? As in specializing a forge into a tool workshop?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 03:47:49 am by Vibe »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 161