Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: The Peoples Republic of Borduria's weapon design tread  (Read 4692 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Peoples Republic of Borduria's weapon design tread
« on: December 16, 2016, 05:35:56 pm »

Amaïh Kûrvi-Tasch, engineers today we face our sworn enemy's the dastardly Syldavians.

While the liberation war as destroyed much of once glorious arsenal, today we have new allies.
Our comrades in the Warsaw pact  are able and willing to arm us so we can defend our self against the smelly Syldavians.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 09:22:20 am by Funk »
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
Re: The peoples republic of Borduria's weapon design tread
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 09:13:17 pm »

Time to fix up the rifles.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 01:50:09 pm by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 11:36:12 pm »

Cant we just request AK-47's from our good friend Mother Russia to fix our rifle issue? After all, I'm sure the warsaw pact are more then willing to hand a few of them to us.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 11:57:37 pm »

Cant we just request AK-47's from our good friend Mother Russia to fix our rifle issue? After all, I'm sure the warsaw pact are more then willing to hand a few of them to us.

Just barely, but yes. However, this is likely not the greatest plan, considering:

1: Favoritism will be to interesting and color full proposals.

As such, designing our own weapons would likely yield superior results.

I like the ABR, it is a good workhorse design. It might need a bigger magazine though, 16 isn't enough to get anything done. Especially for a fully automatic rifle. We should increase it a bit, maybe going in the other direction and adding a particularly large magazine, such as 40 rounds to keep it from just being an AK clone. An assault rifle isn't a bad place to start, considering we currently have nothing filling that role.

We should probably plan on going nuclear in the long run :P.

**EDIT**

Perhaps the design should be a banana clip...designed to look like the glorious mustache on the flag?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 12:02:30 am by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 09:10:35 am »

Hmm. Can we alter designs before they've been accepted? If that's no problem, how about changing the 16 round magazine to a 30-35 round one?

Avanti!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 12:58:30 pm »

Just barely, but yes. However, this is likely not the greatest plan, considering:

1: Favoritism will be to interesting and color full proposals.

As such, designing our own weapons would likely yield superior results.
First the ak is a brand new weapon right now and the Russian army doesn't have enough for it self, let alone giveing them to you in any great numbers.

Remember it will take repeated requests to get the designs in full.
The first to field a small number of them, the second to start your own production
and the third to get the designs.
And yes that rule is partly to stop you fielding weapons the first turn there made.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 01:49:51 pm »

I'm guessing that that response is a 'yes', so I've altered my proposal slightly.

Avanti!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Peoples Republic of Borduria's weapon design tread
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2016, 09:38:41 am »

It's voteing time, now i take it your all be in agreement on the Model 1 A.B.R?
You haven't asked for any thing from the Warsaw pact, what do you want?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2016, 12:43:16 pm »

Well we could use some AT and AA weapons, since right now our tanks and planes are the only thing that can engage enemy tanks and planes effectively. Let's ask for an RPG-6, which gives our foot soldiers enough firepower to take the enemy tanks easily if they can get in range.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2016, 08:52:25 am »

Borduria turn 1950

Our smart engineers have produced a new weapon design, the Model 1 A.B.R.
An elegant 4kg combination of wood and steel, the new weapon features an integral bayonet and 25 round magazine.
Fireing the same powerfull 7.62x54mm rounds as our old rifles but in fully automatic.
The usefulness of fully automatic fire is debatable, as it fires at some 900RPM but some say you might suddenly need to shoot at low flying aircraft.
It controllability is not debatable, there isn't any, the first round will hit the target but the rest just fly over it's head.

In early 1950 the stinking hordes of Syldavia launch there attack, sending there army against our eastern boundary.

Our warriors bravely try to hold them back but the S have brought new heavy artillery, American 155 mm Long Tom to be exact. 
Forced back under heavy fire our troops regroup and counter attack in the central mountains.
Here our troops unveil the new Model 1 A.B.R. for the first time pitting them against the capitalists new TB-1 Rifle .

It's a short compact rifle in a new 7.62×51mm round, each rifle comes with a pistol grip and uses 20 round magazines as stranded.

With it larger magazine, automatic fire and integral bayonet, our rifle it proves it self able to suppress the enemy. 

Useing the RPG-6 Anti-Tank Grenades our commandos destroy Syldavia's bunkers line and armour forcing them back.
As first snows fall you get back to the drawing board.

Spoiler: Theaters map (click to show/hide)

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2016, 12:28:51 pm »

Spoiler: M.A.C.-1 (click to show/hide)

Avanti!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2016, 02:21:06 am »

Ok i'm over Christmas so what design have you settled on and what do you want from you allies?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2016, 04:42:10 am »

I don't think we talked about it yet :P.

So the gun was a success. The full auto not hitting anything isn't a large problem, its sufficient for the more tacticy uses of full auto fire while short bursts do their job of actually taking down targets. As long as the troops are trained to properly use it, we should be able to rely on it for a while.

Arty: They currently have heavy artillery. Counting with our own artillery might work, though if we keep trying to slug it out blow for blow it would come back to hit us. I think we should focus on air support, which can currently only be countered by our enemy aircraft. Air strikes should be able to take down the enemy artillery without threat of retaliation, while artillery would have more difficulty performing an anti-artillery job.

So lets base an aircraft on the Soviet MiG-15

Spoiler: Avenger Aircraft (click to show/hide)

That should allow us to have air superiority while taking out the enemies' heavy artillery in one swoop :P.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2016, 04:51:04 am »

Jet? Jet!
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2016, 04:26:45 pm »

A jet it is then, any request from you allies?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4