Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Prints [SG] - Cars > Walking  (Read 3570 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Prints [SG] - Cars > Walking
« on: December 14, 2016, 07:43:21 pm »

Five years in prison may not seem like that much, but it felt like eternity to you. You may have gotten a light sentence thanks to some skilled maneuvering, but that's still five years in prison. You don't particularly care about whether or not you performed the crime that got you here, but you do care about the person that got you here. You really didn't think they would have betrayed you like this, but they did in the end.
You spent quite a bit of time with them, making money in crime together, but just as you were getting ready to stop. Just as you were getting ready to truly enjoy what you earned, this happened. And in a flash, five years were gone like that.
But now you're standing at the exit of the prison, and before you start enacting your revenge, you're going to need to remember a few things.

What's your name?
What was your accused crime?
What was your specialty before you were imprisoned?
What's their name?
What kind of person are they?
You look behind you. Through the open door in the room you just left, you see a calendar. What year is it?

« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 10:26:49 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Prints [SG]
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 07:55:06 pm »

Brick Maw
Drug sales in LA
Disposal of bodies secretly
Tanner Joy
Gettaway driver
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 08:14:41 pm »

Tony "Turner" Centurione
Tax Evasion
Loan Shark
Patrick Johns
Grifter
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 08:24:11 pm »

Alcaeus Polybius
Heresy
Disguises
Julius Caesar
Roman Emperor
60 B.C.

((what?))
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 08:31:21 pm »

Alcaeus Polybius
Heresy
Disguises
Julius Caesar
Roman Emperor
60 B.C.

((what?))
I give this man a toast of creativeness, and a +1

Avanti!

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 08:32:04 pm »

What's your name? Ruslan Grigorovich Sokolov
What was your accused crime? Impaired Driving, Manslaughter
What was your specialty before you were imprisoned? Burglary
What's their name? Luukas Järvinen
What kind of person are they? Asshole, gangster
What year is it? 1977
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 10:13:15 pm by Hubris Incalculable »
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2016, 09:20:27 pm »

Julius Caesar
Roman Emperor
*triggered*

Gaius Julius Caesar was dictator, damn it. And if you are talking about his nephew/adoptive son, Octavianus Julius Caesar, though he is the first monarch since the end of the monarchy way earlier, was called Augustus and Princeps, though the period he inaugurated is called the Principate. Dominate is when emperors as you think of them reigned.

/historian rant

With THAT out of the way, kudos for the creativity.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2016, 10:56:19 pm »

PTW
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2016, 09:40:22 am »

What's your name? Hans Erikson
What was your accused crime? Murder, B&E (Only thing that stuck through the trial), Grand Theft, Auto Theft, Arson, Grafitti
What was your specialty before you were imprisoned? Breaking and Entering
What's their name? Johnny Jahonny, Ollie Barston, Kreig, and Melissa Nubar
What kind of person are they? Johnny is the kid who would burn down a church, Ollie is a former mobster hitman, Krieg is... well, suffice it to say he's insane with a kleptomanic side, and Melissa is the mastermind behind it all.
What year is it? 1927
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2016, 12:50:01 pm »

Alcaeus Polybius
Heresy
Disguises
Julius Caesar
Roman Emperor
60 B.C.

((what?))
I'm with you, +1.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2016, 12:58:55 pm »

Alcaeus Polybius
Heresy
Disguises
Julius Caesar
Roman Emperor
60 B.C.

((what?))
I'm with you, +1.
I swear to god.

I may accept the roman stuff, but it does require me to completely change what I was planning. If it gets more votes than the rest of the regular suggestions combined, I'll probably go with it. Otherwise, I'm likely going to go with the most-supported regular one. 
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2016, 02:59:15 pm »

Alcaeus Polybius
Heresy
Disguises
Julius Caesar
Roman Emperor
60 B.C.

((what?))
I'm with you, +1.
-1 So that the GM doesn't have to completely change all his plans.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2016, 03:39:25 pm »

What's your name? Hans Erikson
What was your accused crime? Murder, B&E (Only thing that stuck through the trial), Grand Theft, Auto Theft, Arson, Grafitti
What was your specialty before you were imprisoned? Breaking and Entering
What's their name? Johnny Jahonny, Ollie Barston, Kreig, and Melissa Nubar
What kind of person are they? Johnny is the kid who would burn down a church, Ollie is a former mobster hitman, Krieg is... well, suffice it to say he's insane with a kleptomanic side, and Melissa is the mastermind behind it all.
What year is it? 1927
+1
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prints [SG] - Taking Stock
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2016, 12:24:24 am »

You are Hans Erikson. You look at your surroundings - a pitiful apartment and a small amount of cash is all that's left of your glory days. Through the small window you can see most of the town. The town of Valley Creek is oddly named. The surroundings don't even remotely resemble a valley and if there ever was a creek, it's long gone by now. It's fairly small and the apartment building is the tallest around, allowing you to see the town without the obtrusions of other taller buildings.

You take stock of your surroundings once again. In the expected hiding spot you found a pistol, 3 magazines (with 7 rounds each), and $15, but that's it. It won't be enough to carry you through your personal mission, but it'll start you off. You did some looking into them. It looks like they used your former assets and influence while you were in prison to elevate themselves up into the echelons of criminal society.

In other words, they're untouchable. But you'll find a way to remedy that in due time. For now, you need to re-familiarize yourself with your occupation. What do you do?

Spoiler: Hans Erikson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Grudges (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prints [SG] - Taking Stock
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2016, 02:19:35 pm »

...one-time bump.
Pages: [1] 2 3