Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: Evolution, /tg/ style  (Read 28927 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution, /tg/ style
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2016, 04:37:00 pm »

Slimolycus Coralis

Over the course of time the feeding part of the Slimolycus Coralis split into four identical pieces with which they can feed and filter in more directions.
It remains quite dormant throughout its life and is known under the scientific name: Fractalius Coralis

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2016, 04:54:58 pm »

Slimkinny Tentaculus (evolved from Slimolychos Tentaculus) developed an extremely long digestive tract that allowed it to pass gold through its body without causing it any harm.

An offshoot of the elongated Slimolychos Tentaculus (old), the Slimolychos MultiFinnus (new), evolved more fins in order to become faster and able to manouver easier through the primordial ocean.

edit: I may have forgotten to add yellow spots to show its gold adaptation? This isn't much of an issue I hope?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 04:59:08 pm by Ultimuh »

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2016, 06:08:28 pm »

Spoiler: Autismis Longorostro (click to show/hide)
This species has evolved a longer, hooked beak, to better catch and entrap food, or to snag it through narrow gaps.

Avanti!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2016, 06:17:01 pm »

@Lord_lemonpie:
It could be a bit more interesting, and easier to keep track of, if you could put an evolutionary line at the beginning of this thread.
And let's not forget species/subspecies names and points of interest (Such as extinction events.). Maybe even little skulls above the species that are extinct.

These are mere suggestions, but would be nice if included.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 03:51:15 am by Ultimuh »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2016, 06:45:39 pm »

Autismis Nautorostro (evolved from AUtismis Longrostro) developed a long fused beak which turned into a large durable shell. It quickly developed small mouths on its tentacles so that it could still eat.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2016, 08:33:19 pm »

What.

Avanti!

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2016, 09:21:20 pm »

I like this thing alot...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This offshoot of Slimolychos MultiFinnus, known as Slimolychos Fattango, has developed more size due to its increased feeding, to counter the slowing effects of fat it has developed more streamlined fins.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 09:33:35 pm by Detoxicated »

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2016, 11:27:41 pm »

-Snip!-
Mindusplumpolychos Goldus developed a golden shell in response to the increased gold levels, acting both as a protection and a social display to help them find mates.

Overtime, Mindusplumpolychos Goldus' new shell would further adapt to it's form, adhering to it's body and grooving with it's form. However, some of the most remarkable changes that this glorious creature attained were the lengthening of it's pectoral fins from it's body and golden specks found upon the remains of creatures from this time period. It is theorized that when a shell got too large, communities would band together to scrape gold from it's back and stylize designs of obtuse origin into its' fellow's shell.

Thus, these fat, gas bags of fish from this era are called Mindusplumpolychos Blingus, or Designer Plumps for this strange cultural habit.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2016, 11:30:29 pm »

Autismis Nautorostro (evolved from AUtismis Longrostro) developed a long fused beak which turned into a large durable shell. It quickly developed small mouths on its tentacles so that it could still eat.

Given the mouths are now on the opposite side, it may be good to have the image flipped.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2016, 03:54:58 am »

I am liking the idea. But isn't there a rule against changeing something twice in a row within such a short timespan?
I for one say we keep it, but Lord_lemonpie is probably the one to get the final say about this. Since he's the GM afterall.

Given the mouths are now on the opposite side, it may be good to have the image flipped.

Or maybe flip the image so that the shell is facing upwards?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 03:59:56 am by Ultimuh »

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2016, 04:37:16 am »

I am liking the idea. But isn't there a rule against changeing something twice in a row within such a short timespan?
I for one say we keep it, but Lord_lemonpie is probably the one to get the final say about this. Since he's the GM afterall.

Or maybe flip the image so that the shell is facing upwards?
The rule for editing something twice in a row is just for the same person. This way you won:t have a single guy editing his own favorite creature 20x in succession. Editing someone else's mutation as soon as it's posted is completely fine. I'll edit the OP for clarification.

Because Roboson edited someone else's mutation there's no problem. Nautorostro is free to live!

Also, I love the creativeness that goes into these mutations. Keep it up guys!

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2016, 04:41:45 am »

@Lord_lemonpie:
It could be a bit more interesting, and easier to keep track of, if you could put an evolutionary line at the beginning of this thread.
And let's not forget species/subspecies names and points of interest (Such as extinction events.). Maybe even little skulls above the species that are extinct.

These are mere suggestions, but would be nice if included.
I'll get an updated tree in the OP when I get Home! The last tree has little red crosses next to the names of the extinct species, so they're clearly indicated. I use these because they're easy to spot when the tree gets so big you have to zoom out a lot. The details and colours of skulls would get lost, but the crosses clearly stand out

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2016, 04:44:47 am »

The rule for editing something twice in a row is just for the same person. This way you won:t have a single guy editing his own favorite creature 20x in succession. Editing someone else's mutation as soon as it's posted is completely fine. I'll edit the OP for clarification.

Ah, but can you edit more than one species at a time though?
Just want to make sure I won't break a rule or something.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2016, 05:23:39 am »

Spoiler: Terrestrius Alti (click to show/hide)
These flowers have begun growing higher, due to the small amount of increased rigidity from the gold 'skin'. This is mainly to provide more surface area for sun-gathering, and a greater pollen dispersal. ((Wait, we need !!BEES!!)

Soon enough, Terrestrius Alti developed a large, juicy fruit which attracted the earth-dwelling Spinowyrmae. With their help the new species spread across the land, and became known as Terrestrius Fructus

« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 05:31:08 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2016, 08:09:20 am »

Can we have listing of currently existing species?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15