Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: Kindred: Mission one. The generation is born.  (Read 20825 times)

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kindred: Mission one. The generation is born.
« Reply #135 on: December 25, 2016, 07:06:34 pm »

Cesar gazes solemnly at the tea set before him. "They are innocent.. the other teacup though. It knew my name. How did it know my name Spoonicus?" Cesar looked intently at the silver spoon in his left hand. I'd guess it knew you from before, Sir Cesar, but from the way it insulted your mother obviously not on good terms. Cesar them inquired as to what exactly it did say. "MY GOD! HE SAID THAT MY MOTHER WAS A GOPHER?!"
Grumbling and mumbling,  Cesar flipped the .44 and grasped it by the front, ready to pistol-whip a plate or teacup that may say anything else about him or his heritage. Now onto the original plan..

Spoonicus coughed a bit, before speaking up; Attention, ladies and gentleman of Great Dining Hall, I am Count Spoonicus of Tableware. This here is my champion, Sir Cesar. Although we may have gotten off on the wrong foot, you may wish to forgive and forget as you are being immediately annexed. I shall be your new Liege, and your loyalty shall belong to me, and if it doesn't then my knights will descend upon you in short order and inflict swift justice. In addition, I have been noted by my trusted informant that I may have family here. Have any of the peasantry seen other spoons?

Cesar looks away from Spoonicus momentarily to whisper to Nikolai.
"Wait until Spoonicus finishes his speech. In the meantime, make sure none of the crowd makes any moves." Cesar turns forward to intently stare at the rows of various assorted porcelain tableware, making sure they don't move an inch.
Nikolai merely nods, not wanting to set off the lunatic with a gun by telling him that he can't hear this "Spoonicus", and that the cups and plates are, in fact, immobile.
One cutlery set that appears to have the same design of handle as Spoonicus’ more scratched and scuffed surface begin to speak.
‘Spoonicus?’ A fork speaks
‘Spoonicus, my spoonicus!’ a ladle amongst the set, the largest piece, speaks. ‘My boy! He’s come home!’
From here a cacophony begins coming from that set
‘SPOONICUS!’
‘It’s Spoonicus! He’s come home!’
‘Spoonicus!’

Nikolai stands, presumably somewhat baffled, as the scene unfolds.

"Note to self, do not ever let someone take fire down here, there's coal dust everywhere. This place goes on for a while, but I don't think the noise is that far away... I should probably be enhancing my hearing instead of my sight."

Continue to the room with the noise, spend another blood point to Auspex 1 my hearing and find out more about the sound.
"Spooky"

Continue to the room with the sound. Examine the tracks to find out what made them.

retcon complete
As Ash is asking her Auspex for the keen senses of a hunter, Lyssha takes over. Auspex’s effects remain in place, and her hearing is heightened too. This must feel quite natural to Lyssha. What is unnatural is her environment.

The two continue down the corridor to the door where the scraping and scratching is occurring. The door is quite locked, however the sounds appear to increase in frequency. The thing inside has heard you. You can smell blood on the other side, faintly. It’s human blood, but there isn’t much of it. Still, it sends your young mouths watering, and you feel the urge to consume rear its head, however it is tame enough neither of you lose control (or even in fact have to willpower roll)

Of course. Smith replies as he walk with serge to wherever they are going.

Serge takes Smith up to the roof. They stand on the tiles there, overlooking most of the city, a chill breeze is blowing, and though Smith recognises the cold, it doesn’t seem to have the bite it once had. Serge walks with the grace of familiarity across the tiles. The view of the city is truly beautiful from there, and one can see out toward Cardiff’s bay from here. The millennium centre is also visible, its modern architecture in clashing contrast with the old building.

‘Ok, well, lets see what you have little fledgling. Strike out at me.’ Serge grins. He clearly enjoys physical combat. It strikes you that you have no idea how long he has been doing this. The man is kind though, has only been wanting to help you this whole time.

Inquire among the churches in the area: Will any of them let me rent premises for night services?

Most churches are unsure about allowing a night service for a pastor they are not intrinsically familiar with at their church, or they already have services running. One school however is willing to rent out their auditorium if you will pay them $200 per night used and perform religious education for their school free of charge.

"What are you doing?!  Help me!  This crazy kook just started attacking me, I'm the president of the United States, you should help me!"

Persuasion roll.  Otherwise, just focus on not being killed by Mirella--no retalitation for now.

((Apologies for brevity.  Busy day.))

Once it is clear this is not a fight but instead an attack, the robed vampires step forward to surround Mirella. Two easily hold her back, as she has little strength, but she continues snarling at Trump, it becoming clearer she is not in control of her actions as this is so unlike Mirella. But then, it is Trump so perhaps he doesn’t notice why anyone does anything.

The third steps closer to Trump. ‘She will calm down shortly. It’s merely a frenzy. For now I think it is best we remove her from your presence, it is a disgraceful display.’ The man bows his head slightly. ‘We will care for her. Be leanient, she is still just a youngling like yourself. You both have… Interesting futures.’ The man smirks slightly.

The two holding Mirella begin to walk her out of the room, but that doesn’t seem to stop her fits of snarling and hissing, trying to reach for Trump but held too well by the robed vampires. As the man continues to watch Trump, he places a thought in his head. It isn’t his own, but he doesn’t know that.

The thought occurs as though it were his own idea:
‘If I can learn that Obfuscate skill, I could run for president as many times as I would like. I can live forever as president.’

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 25, 2016, 08:29:59 pm »

((Egan was persistent, and I had time to think about it.))

Break the door down. See the future to best deal with the situation.

((That's a thing, right?))
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 01:29:32 am by Rautherdir »

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 26, 2016, 01:46:31 am »

"Oh! There they are!" Cesar conjured up a broad grin as he brought Spoonicus to the set shouting for him and sat him in front of them to let them speak better.

Ah, yes, hello. How have you all been?My Knight has a bit of a temper albeit rightfully so, hopefully that scuffle earlier didn't scare you..

Cesar once more turns to Nikolai. "You haven't seen anything odd in the crowd or the edges of the room have you? No disgruntled cluster of forks or suspicious-looking butter knives?"

Let Spoonicus converse with his family.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 26, 2016, 02:38:45 am »

I'm not really strong enough to help knock down a locked door. Instead get ye knife and prepare to stabby stabby the zombie.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 26, 2016, 10:20:09 am »

"Thank you, thank you, I was starting to think all of you people were crazy!  I mean, putting a woman like that in charge of fledglings, it's just crazy, she's out of control, fledglings need a real winner to lead!  But you people aren't so bad, you're smart, you saw she's no good, you stopped her, good people, very good."

Trump spews the above, then heads to leave.  He's gonna try and find his Russian bodyguard, or failing that, find someone who will let him use their cellphone.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 26, 2016, 10:30:15 am »

"Uuum. . . no."
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 26, 2016, 11:31:36 am »

Uh, okay.

Smith hesitates slightly and then throws a haymaker at Serge's chest.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 05:30:13 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 26, 2016, 02:45:27 pm »

Most churches are unsure about allowing a night service for a pastor they are not intrinsically familiar with at their church, or they already have services running. One school however is willing to rent out their auditorium if you will pay them $200 per night used and perform religious education for their school free of charge.

Explain that I would be happy to provide evening classes and services for the students, but am otherwise committed during the day. The arrangement is acceptable, Father Gerald is willing to pay rent for use of the auditorium, and the school children are welcome to join the congregation and attend night classes.

Father Gerald, or his attendants will also need to perform a reconnaissance of the school grounds, looking for hiding places, anything that can possibly be turned into a crypt or vault worthy of a vampiric domain.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 26, 2016, 07:15:45 pm »

"Oh! There they are!" Cesar conjured up a broad grin as he brought Spoonicus to the set shouting for him and sat him in front of them to let them speak better.

Ah, yes, hello. How have you all been?My Knight has a bit of a temper albeit rightfully so, hopefully that scuffle earlier didn't scare you..

Cesar once more turns to Nikolai. "You haven't seen anything odd in the crowd or the edges of the room have you? No disgruntled cluster of forks or suspicious-looking butter knives?"

Let Spoonicus converse with his family.
"Uuum. . . no."

‘We missed you!’
‘Where were you?’
‘I want to go on an adventure too.’
‘What was it like?’
‘We took you for lost or melted down!’
‘You mustn’t leave again.’
‘You must stay, what will the pastry forks do without their big brother?’
‘Oh, Spoonicus, I kept your spot clean for you.’
‘Why did you go?’

The questions come quickly, hardly giving time for an answer. All the cutlery is trying to speak at once. It must be a little overwhelming for Spoonicus, however he does have a strong lineage and upbringing, so he can probably handle the situation.

Break the door down. See the future to best deal with the situation.

You attempt to see into the future, your instincts kicking in to help in seeing and understanding what may be coming, however without any divination instruments you end up with 0 successes, the future remains cloudy to you.
Your strength is high enough you can easily break down the door, however, and you do so.

I'm not really strong enough to help knock down a locked door. Instead get ye knife and prepare to stabby stabby the zombie.

With your knife at the ready, your flashlight shining on whatever might be on the other side, Ash breaks down the door. For a long, quiet moment there is silence. Nothing.

Then there comes a scuffling as whatever it is lunges out of the room at Ash. It has human flesh, human skin. Human eyes, human arms. The problem is it clearly isn’t human, as it has no less than ten arms reaching off the same torso. The arms can walk somewhat like a spider, all of them holding up the body, all of them connected to the torso. There is no head, instead there are simply hundreds of eyes all over the torso. It sees all that is around it with the eyes. The flesh is all seamlessly attached with no scarring. It looks as though this creature was born this way.

At first when you see it you determine it must have no mouth but as Ash quickly notices, there is a mouth in the palm of every hand, as it grabs onto her it begins chewing with these mouths. It clearly has no voice or chooses not to use it.

Lyssha does not dodge the creature. The teeth, however, are only regular human teeth, therefore they do not deal aggravated damage. Lyssha has no armour and so takes 2 damage.

This, of course, is when Morgan stabs the creature. It does not dodge and takes 3 damage. The creature scuffles in pain, and the blood that it bleeds is intoxicating. Both Ash and Morgan feel the desperate desire to feed, and frenzy check. (This is only because you are so young)

Morgan does not frenzy
Lyssha frenzies with a very poor roll (As well as Lyssha’s natural difficulty increase) and must feed on the creature, she feels the desperate and uncontrollable need to drain it dry.

"Thank you, thank you, I was starting to think all of you people were crazy!  I mean, putting a woman like that in charge of fledglings, it's just crazy, she's out of control, fledglings need a real winner to lead!  But you people aren't so bad, you're smart, you saw she's no good, you stopped her, good people, very good."

Trump spews the above, then heads to leave.  He's gonna try and find his Russian bodyguard, or failing that, find someone who will let him use their cellphone.

‘It is our pleasure.’ The robed man heads to leave, following his associates who are restraining the snarling Mirella as they walk.
Trump leaves the room, setting foot under his own guidance through the coal exchange for the first time. He wanders for a bit before finding the great hall. Around him are 30-40 or so vampires, many looking very different from each other, most dropping him strange looks. Other than this they keep to themselves. The ones who are wearing formal evening gowns all appear in a group together. The brutish ones all seem to be grouped together. There are two over in the corner who look very strange, one of them seeming to have a crocodile’s tail, and the other seeming to have large, slit-pupil eyes that also glance in Trump’s direction as though he is the anomaly here. None appear hostile, and the conversation around the room is not audible, but rather spoken in hushed tones.

Uh, okay.

Smith hesitates slightly and then throws a haymaker at Serge's chest.

Serge is no longer there, seemingly faster than the eye can follow he has moved. A fraction of a second later he is behind Smith, bending down and speaking into his ear. ‘You need to move faster. No hesitation.’ Then Serge is in front of him once more, where he originally stood. ‘You won’t hurt me.’

Explain that I would be happy to provide evening classes and services for the students, but am otherwise committed during the day. The arrangement is acceptable, Father Gerald is willing to pay rent for use of the auditorium, and the school children are welcome to join the congregation and attend night classes.

Father Gerald, or his attendants will also need to perform a reconnaissance of the school grounds, looking for hiding places, anything that can possibly be turned into a crypt or vault worthy of a vampiric domain.

The school is happy to allow this, but will add an extra $100 per night, as they require a religious education teacher to mesh with the daytime timetable. The first service’s time and date is booked, and paid for. They hand you a key for whenever you will need to use it.

The building is quite basic on the inside, but it is a modern one, being inner city. Windows along either side of the roof let sunlight in for a spacious, architectural feeling. Behind the stage, the changing rooms do not have windows but there really isn’t any underground or private areas.

You search the rest of the school, however the buildings are mostly the same sort of new, with large windows to being light to the place during the day and conceivably raise morale of students.

There is however an underground system of tunnels, mostly, it seems, used as storm water drains. Though small they would probably do as accommodation if desperately required, but they are very cramped.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 26, 2016, 09:37:39 pm »

Tear the creature apart.

((Not really much else I can do while frenzied.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 27, 2016, 02:24:37 am »

"Die, bloody revenant! Haha, bloody..."

Stab, stab, stab the freak of nature!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 27, 2016, 02:42:42 am »

I find your worries and concerns very considerate, but I must ask you not to bother yourself with my wellbeing. Sir Cesar is a strong and ever-vigilant guard, even if I have to reel him in every now and then. My brothers.. well, we share blood. You're as capable of strength and valor as I am, we all have ambition and success in our lineage. I believe in you, all of you. I'm here primarily to let you know that I will most likely be leaving soon, I'm leaving to bring conquest and greatness for our family and it's generations to come. Fear not, I will return some day once more- and with gifts and souvernirs for you all as well. In fact, I'm so confident in this that I will say 'until we meet again' instead of 'goodbye', for it is certain we will unite once more. Spoonicus smiled at the rest of his clan, or at least he would have if he weren't a spoon. Sir Cesar. He beckoned his Knight to lift him. Until we meet again, may great peace and fortune come to you, my kin!

Cesar picks up Spoonicus, whispers a little bit and walks away towards Nikolai. "That appears to be it, Spoonicus is ready to leave now. We'll be searching for something, and the memory of whatever it is. Accompany me if you'd like, Nickeltide, Spoonicus say he can always use more assistants."

Seek out Mirella, now that Cesar remembered he must ask Milwaukee a few questions.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 27, 2016, 01:17:09 pm »

Return to the coal exchange...

On the way home, maybe pop by an occult bookstore and get a Tarot Deck and a few more bibles.

Find somewhere private,

Start instructing the Malkavian disciples the basics of Christian Theology and how to teach it. But we'll also tap into the gnostic heresies to induct them in the basics of the occult truths that they are in fact, living Gods!

(a bit too busy to write a nice speach for all that at the moment)
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 27, 2016, 06:06:32 pm »

If you say so.

Serge doesn't hesitate this time and does a feint with his right hand for Serge, then throws a left handed punch at Serges head. He also sees if he could tap into his celerity.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 27, 2016, 07:14:35 pm »

Trump wanders around the room for a short time, looking almost lost.  Upon realizing that there's no elevated speaking area, he shrugs and heads directly to the center of the room and starts speaking loudly, addressing everyone in the room.

"Hello, hello, listen here folks.  I'm sure you all know who I am, I'm Donald J Trump, the President of the United States.  I have to say, this place is really beautiful, a lot of great winners here, you've done great things--I'm here on business, I didn't expect it, but I was needed here, and I'm a nice guy, how could I not come?  Yeah, this place is tremendous, just great, you've got so many mortals, so much blood, just so much, but it's not perfect, you know what I'm saying?  Of course you do, everyone knows it, you've got so much blood, but there's issues with the leadership, I just can't believe this, but they're putting fledglings in charge of fledglings?  I was just talking to this woman, Mirella, she was just nasty believe me, she couldn't control herself, just attacked me, it was a disgrace!  It's unbelievable, we're putting out of control women like that in charge of fledglings, what has this place come to?   It's sad, I'd love to help, you vampires need someone with a leader's temperament, but I need to get back to America, my country needs me, America has had so many losers in power, it was just a disaster, it's time for a winner to fix things.  You folks have helped me though, I'll remember you, especially if you can help me save America."

Throw some dirt on Mirella while begging for help.  Oh, and spend a blood point to use Presence on everyone in the room.

((Apologies for the quality.  I haven't been paying so much attention to politics, so my Trump speechwriting skills have been degrading.))
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15