Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: Kindred: Mission one. The generation is born.  (Read 20835 times)

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kindred: Mission one. The generation is born.
« Reply #120 on: December 23, 2016, 07:15:28 pm »

Update made to frenzy info in first post

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 23, 2016, 07:20:26 pm »

"I am the bread of life. Whosoever eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood hath eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day!
Who here is hungry? let him come to me, and he will never hunger again. He that believeth in me shall never thirst.

Brothers and Sisters in Christ, have you truly drank of the Living Waters? Have you tasted his flesh and drank his blood?

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. I called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee. Let me open thine eyes, and free you from the darkness of the prisons of your former lives. Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare. Come and be reborn in the blood of our Christ."

Father Gerald performs a communion service and invites sinners down to repent and/or convert. He makes note of the 10 who come forth. The rest of the Christians don't seem to comprehend the message, but are glad of the sinners who come to be saved.

To ensure everything goes smoothly from here, Father Gerald uses entrancement on the converts. Then he leads them to a private prayer room where the other disciples are waiting.

Then, 4 vampires (myself and the 3 Malkavian disciples) will each create blood bonds for 2 to 3 humans each to ensure more permanent loyalty... THEN the vampires will feed on the humans to refill those blood pools.

If all goes well, maybe some of the converts will be drifters or homeless types that no one would notice if they go missing.

If anything goes wrong - if any of the humans reject the blood bond or can't be convinced to let us feed on them, have the Malkavians blitz their brains.

We'll also take down the contact details of the rest so we can start our very own congregation.

Father Gerald converts 10 followers who are happy to take communion with him. They also serve well as a food source as once bound they will not resist. The blood bond is only at one point, however. Once communion is complete, some of the church has begun to grow in suspicion, these views are pretty extremist. One of your converts is a homeless man, the other a working bachelor with no family to speak of.

"You may want to use your Auspex... Thingy, here, Ash."

Flashlight on, basement adventure!
"Yeah, that would probably help."

Ready my greatsword, spend a blood point to Auspex 1 my vision. Go on basement adventure!

The wooden stairs creak as they descend, the years showing as they bow under the insubstantial weight of the two women. Ash has succeeded in heightening her sight, and now sees the catacombs reaching into the distance. A black residue sits over everything, and the air is still, as though it hasn’t moved in years. The scraping, banging sound emanating from one of the rooms down the corridor continues, the only noise to be heard in the otherwise eerie quiet. As the door loses behind the two, the pitch darkness engulfs the area but for the light from the torch, which though bright feels feeble. The sound of their own breath is audible as the two look around. Even Auspex would allow for little sight without the flashlight.

The powder that coats the walls, floor and every other object in the basement easily rubs off upon touch. Coal dust. It stands to reason coal is still stored down here, abandoned after the shut down of the exchange. This is confirmed when as they walk past the first few rooms they see stacked barrels, some with open tops, and all filled with coal. The scuffling appears to be further down the corridor, where something is trapped in a locked room. Tracks in the coal dust confirm that something has been through here, but it seems that whatever it is was dragged in. It did not walk quietly.

"G-GAH! WHO ARE YOU?!" Cesar momentarily snaps out of his panic attack to look around frantically. "H-how do you know my name? Never mind that.. One of these people is talking shit about me!" Cesar looks intently at the tea cup. Kill them for their insolence, Cesar. That's a mere porcelain peasant, destroy them for sullying your name as a Knight of the Dinner Table! Cesar growls in fury at something Nikolai isn't quite aware of. "Help me with this little teacup shit, Russia man!" Madness in his eyes, Cesar sought retribution on all the teacups in the room.

Pull out Bulldog .44, shoot teacup for speaking badly about me! That should intimidate these porcelain peasants, OBEY THE KNIGHTS!
"I know your name because I overheard Mirella speaking to you. May I ask, however, what that teacup did to deserve the bullet you just put into it?"
"Help? Well.. I guess. Help me find the other teacups so I can teach them what happens when you try to rebel against the Count and his Knights!" After saying this, Cesar began to overturn everything in sight once more, gathering all the teacups and plates that he could. Anything ceramic was a peasant, everything metal was a noble.
Nikolai, for lack of anything better to do, helps Caesar with his lunacy knightly conquest.

Cesar and Nikolai take out all the porcelain cups and plates, placing them on the table in divisions of cups, plates, saucers, and others.

The cups all begin to speaking to Cesar instead of each other.

‘Why did you kill him? He didn’t do anything to you’
‘We never insulted you’
‘No one ever comes in here, why wouldn’t we be talking about you? You’re the first people we’ve seen in months.’
‘Monster! Killer! Smasher!’
‘I never even said anything about him’

Meanwhile, the silver dishes in one display cabinet are chattering to each other.

‘What’s happening to the teaset?’
‘They’re being taken out’
‘What’s going on?’
‘Well, I don’t know’
‘But they’ve been our neighbours for fifty years!’
‘Maybe they’re using them.’
‘They never used them for anything before’
‘Maybe they’re cleaning them then.’

The chatter from the cutlery is too indistinct to make out, there being so many of them in close proximity.

Smith shakes his head at the folly of the higher ups. Hmm, well the princes word is law I suppose, but any advice for how survive and win a vampire war?

‘I hope you don’t have to, little guy. But they may make you.’ Serge looks pained at the fledgling. ‘Tell you what. I’m skipping out, no one comes here past three in the morning anyway. Let’s go teach you a thing or two.’ Serge removes his apron, hangs it up, and steps out of behind the counter. His large frame straightens and he puts a hand on Smith’s shoulder. ‘But no one hears I helped you.’ His face is dead serious.

Trump, angered at Mirella's disloyalty and unprovoked aggression, returns her clumsy attack with some slaps of his own!

Of course, he's shouting slurs and insults constantly during this.

Trump swings, but Mirella manages to dodge out of the way, scrambling to her feet. She then lunges once more at him but again does not reach his throat as she so aims to do. Mirella snarls in rage, baring her fangs.

The door swings open. Three vampires in dark purple robes step through, each with the white symbol of an eye on their chest. They stand around the two, apparently watching. Expressionless, they wait.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 12:57:34 am by Sialia »

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 23, 2016, 07:35:14 pm »

"Note to self, do not ever let someone take fire down here, there's coal dust everywhere. This place goes on for a while, but I don't think the noise is that far away... I should probably be enhancing my hearing instead of my sight."

Continue to the room with the noise, spend another blood point to Auspex 1 my hearing and find out more about the sound.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 23, 2016, 07:42:29 pm »

Cesar gazes solemnly at the tea set before him. "They are innocent.. the other teacup though. It knew my name. How did it know my name Spoonicus?" Cesar looked intently at the silver spoon in his left hand. I'd guess it knew you from before, Sir Cesar, but from the way it insulted your mother obviously not on good terms. Cesar them inquired as to what exactly it did say. "MY GOD! HE SAID THAT MY MOTHER WAS A GOPHER?!"
Grumbling and mumbling,  Cesar flipped the .44 and grasped it by the front, ready to pistol-whip a plate or teacup that may say anything else about him or his heritage. Now onto the original plan..

Spoonicus coughed a bit, before speaking up; Attention, ladies and gentleman of Great Dining Hall, I am Count Spoonicus of Tableware. This here is my champion, Sir Cesar. Although we may have gotten off on the wrong foot, you may wish to forgive and forget as you are being immediately annexed. I shall be your new Liege, and your loyalty shall belong to me, and if it doesn't then my knights will descend upon you in short order and inflict swift justice. In addition, I have been noted by my trusted informant that I may have family here. Have any of the peasantry seen other spoons?

Cesar looks away from Spoonicus momentarily to whisper to Nikolai.
"Wait until Spoonicus finishes his speech. In the meantime, make sure none of the crowd makes any moves." Cesar turns forward to intently stare at the rows of various assorted porcelain tableware, making sure they don't move an inch.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 23, 2016, 07:51:15 pm »

Nikolai merely nods, not wanting to set off the lunatic with a gun by telling him that he can't hear this "Spoonicus", and that the cups and plates are, in fact, immobile.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 23, 2016, 09:28:20 pm »

Of course. Smith replies as he walk with serge to wherever they are going.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 23, 2016, 11:39:21 pm »

When the Father and his two pets arrive at the basement, Morgan turns around to face him, anger evident in her face.
"Who told you that you could come down here!? Your teachings are a disgrace, you're fucking nuts and not even Malkavian! Get your fat arse and pathetic slaves out of here before I light them on fire!"

Draw the Dragon's Breath Sawn-Off and thoroughly menace the Father and filthy mortals with it. Use Presence level 2 on on Gerald.

retcon active
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 12:43:18 am by Egan_BW »

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 24, 2016, 12:11:03 am »

(( I can keep the tunnel fodder under control if you wana redact that action, Egan! ))
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 24, 2016, 12:24:47 am »

((Haha no.))

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 24, 2016, 12:32:28 am »

"Hey! Didn't you hear me? This room is covered with coal dust, which unlike solid coal will explode if set alight. And probably burn the building down. And given that fire is one of our only weaknesses, I would highly suggest that you put that shotgun away before doing anything that will end in our quick and untimely deaths. That said, Father Gerald could you go tell Mirella what me and Morgan are up to? If we're not back within an hour we'll probably need help from the rest of our group."

((Yes, coal dust would actually explode once it's in the air. And at this point it is definitely in the air.))

((Retconned. Other post remains unchanged.))
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 12:47:25 am by Rautherdir »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 24, 2016, 12:38:42 am »

"fiiiine. I can just stab him."

Morgan puts away the shotgun and draws a knife instead.

retcon active
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 12:43:33 am by Egan_BW »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 24, 2016, 01:04:52 am »

"Spooky"

Continue to the room with the sound. Examine the tracks to find out what made them.

retcon complete

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 24, 2016, 09:51:27 am »

Inquire among the churches in the area: Will any of them let me rent premises for night services?
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 24, 2016, 11:34:54 am »

Uh, whoops.  Posted my action in the wrong thread.

"What are you doing?!  Help me!  This crazy kook just started attacking me, I'm the president of the United States, you should help me!"

Persuasion roll.  Otherwise, just focus on not being killed by Mirella--no retalitation for now.

((Apologies for brevity.  Busy day.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 24, 2016, 05:23:37 pm »

Your penalty is to act like Groo for a few turns.

Groo in Trump's body would be just adorable.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 05:25:36 pm by Egan_BW »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15