Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: Kindred: Mission one. The generation is born.  (Read 20822 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Kindred: Mission one. The generation is born.
« Reply #105 on: December 21, 2016, 03:34:06 pm »

Trump reels away from Mirella, clutching his head and screaming in pain.  He stumbles into a nearby wall, and shoots an enraged glare at Mirella's (presumably fleeing) form "Did you do this?!  You horrible little weak coward!  I'm going back to America, you incompetent losers can't stop me!"

Trump will pause where he is, just trying to rest and deal with the psychic scream for now.  If Mirella doesn't flee, he's just gonna continue shouting at her, though without physically engaging her.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 21, 2016, 11:59:15 pm »

*sigh*Сумасшедший американец. . .

Nikolai, exasperated, decides to leave Trump to his own devices. He heads to the dining hall to look for some vampires from his clan do he can introduce himself
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 22, 2016, 07:18:15 pm »

Considering the way his eyes widen, an outsider could see Cesar is downright unnerved. "S-SPOONICUS! WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?! WHERE ARE THEY?!" Cesar searches the room frantically, overturning anything he can reach to find the source of the din. Unbeknownst to Cesar, he began to use one of his powers while his hand hovered over where he kept his .44 tucked in his belt.

Cesar unconsciously spends a blood point on Auspex 1 while searching the room up and down, enhancing his sense of sight in order to see everything better.

Cesar botches his Auspex roll
He is far too overwhelmed to notice anything. The voices are loud but over the cacophony that is otherwise overwhelming there comes a few voices
‘Shh’
‘Shhh!’
‘Quiet down’
‘I think he might be hearing us’ That one definitely came from one of the teacups.
The voices slowly chatter down to a lower volume. Whispers still fly around the room but at a manageable noise level. Cesar knows they are all talking about him.

Ash turns aside to speak with Morgan.

"So Morgan, do you want to check out the basements for whatever that Nosferatu is worrying about? One of the other Ash's is clamoring for me to do something fun, and I think that fits the definition."
"Eh, sure. If you can buy a flashlight."
"Oh, uh... Don't you have one? I need to save up some money first. I don't exactly have any free cash lying about."
"I guess I could buy one. Hold on."

Go buy a flashlight for $100, then go on basement adventure with Ash.

There are many entrances to the expansive basement level. Many are well-lit parlour or cellar areas. Some even contain rooms for vampires who come and go. This Nosferatu though, he lives next to the dingiest, darkest, most foreboding of the entrances. The door was painted shut possible a decade or two ago, and now with the paint decaying and the wood beneath rotting slightly, the paint cracks when rammed by Morgan’s shoulder, and the door creaks ominously open. The stench of mould fills the air, and of course the lights are out. Everything seems pitch black down here. Sure enough though, there is a faint thumping off in the distance.

(( HAPPY SOLSTICE EVERYONE. ))

Start a cult, with my three new friends as my first disciples. Edify them of the wonders of redemption and the everlasting life that we have entered into. Prepare to go forth into the world of men to preach the good news to all.

You are the first of the fledglings to set foot outside the coal exchange. You leave by one of the smaller entrances and you make your way to a nearby evangelical church that is conveniently holding a night service. Derek appears to be nervous the whole time that the sky will suck him in, but follows you regardless.

Once in the church you introduce yourself as a minister of God and request to speak. As these people are evangelical Christians, they let you, because God may have sent you to speak to them.

As you yourself believe what you are saying, we roll presence+ leadership to give a sermon. You manage to give a decently impressive sermon. To persuade people to your cause, you then roll Presence + Persuasion. You gain (Shockingly) only one success, converting 10 people of the 80 present to your cause.
Write me a nice speech to see how you do this.

Smith muses over this, before agreeing, Yeah, that sounds like a bad plan, are we actually losing territory though?

‘Yeah’ Replies Serge. ‘We’ve been losing it for the last 5 years because of this. Northern Wales is taking more territory and we have Sabbat  packs running wild, we’re losing this war. It doesn’t need to be this way but it’s like our prince wants the neonates out there for some reason.’ Serge thought a moment. ‘Or maybe he doesn’t like his experienced soldiers out there. But that’s why he’s started having fledglings embraced in hatcheries the way you were, the neonates out there are being killed. Usually one sire has one childe and the sire raises them until they’re neonate, and that takes years. Now he orders you to be embraced and not days later here you are, a fledgling named a neonate. But you’re still a fledgling in the eyes of everyone here.’

The way Serge looks at Smith is with respect, but a certain protectiveness.

*sigh*Сумасшедший американец. . .

Nikolai, exasperated, decides to leave Trump to his own devices. He heads to the dining hall to look for some vampires from his clan do he can introduce himself

Nikolai stumbles through the confusing corridors until he finds the dining hall. He can see inside that Cesar, one of the other fledglings, appears to be having some difficulty. He is yelling very loudly about something at that spoon he was talking to earlier.

Trump reels away from Mirella, clutching his head and screaming in pain.  He stumbles into a nearby wall, and shoots an enraged glare at Mirella's (presumably fleeing) form "Did you do this?!  You horrible little weak coward!  I'm going back to America, you incompetent losers can't stop me!"

Trump will pause where he is, just trying to rest and deal with the psychic scream for now.  If Mirella doesn't flee, he's just gonna continue shouting at her, though without physically engaging her.

Mirella has been called a horrible, weak coward. ‘Who do you think gave you this gift of eternal life, asshole?’ She fails immediately her frenzy check, occurring because of her dementation of delusions of grandeur. This giant, orange buffoon has no idea what he is talking about, she was the one who gave him this gift.
She attacks him outright, teeth bared, going for his throat, but she misses entirely, Trump being much larger than she is, and she stumbles landing on the ground.
Trump crit successes his frenzy check (Rolled 9,10,9) and does not frenzy.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 22, 2016, 08:08:55 pm »

"You may want to use your Auspex... Thingy, here, Ash."

Flashlight on, basement adventure!

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 22, 2016, 08:43:12 pm »

"Yeah, that would probably help."

Ready my greatsword, spend a blood point to Auspex 1 my vision. Go on basement adventure!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 22, 2016, 09:01:42 pm »

"Hello there, Caesar was it? Is there something I could help you find?"
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 22, 2016, 09:16:30 pm »

((Trump has 2 dice for melee attacks, 6 for dodging.  Mirella has 1 die for melee attacks, 4 for dodging.  Welp.))

Trump, angered at Mirella's disloyalty and unprovoked aggression, returns her clumsy attack with some slaps of his own!

Of course, he's shouting slurs and insults constantly during this.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 22, 2016, 11:16:39 pm »

"Hello there, Caesar was it? Is there something I could help you find?"

"G-GAH! WHO ARE YOU?!" Cesar momentarily snaps out of his panic attack to look around frantically. "H-how do you know my name? Never mind that.. One of these people is talking shit about me!" Cesar looks intently at the tea cup. Kill them for their insolence, Cesar. That's a mere porcelain peasant, destroy them for sullying your name as a Knight of the Dinner Table! Cesar growls in fury at something Nikolai isn't quite aware of. "Help me with this little teacup shit, Russia man!" Madness in his eyes, Cesar sought retribution on all the teacups in the room.

Pull out Bulldog .44, shoot teacup for speaking badly about me! That should intimidate these porcelain peasants, OBEY THE KNIGHTS!
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 22, 2016, 11:32:20 pm »

"I know your name because I overheard Mirella speaking to you. May I ask, however, what that teacup did to deserve the bullet you just put into it?"
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 11:50:55 pm by S34N1C »

Glory to United Forenia!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 22, 2016, 11:43:01 pm »

"I know your name because I overheard Mirella speaking to you. May I ask, however, what that teacup did to deserve the bullet you just put into it?"

"The teacup slandered me, so as a Knight of the Dinner Table I can kill him at the Count's discretion.. This should all be obvious." as absurd as it sounded, Cesar said it all stone-faced and monotone.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 22, 2016, 11:58:00 pm »

"Почему все здесь с ума? Well ok then. Need any help bringing this . . . teacup to justice?"

Glory to United Forenia!

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 23, 2016, 05:07:09 am »

Once in the church you introduce yourself as a minister of God and request to speak. As these people are evangelical Christians, they let you, because God may have sent you to speak to them.

As you yourself believe what you are saying, we roll presence+ leadership to give a sermon. You manage to give a decently impressive sermon. To persuade people to your cause, you then roll Presence + Persuasion. You gain (Shockingly) only one success, converting 10 people of the 80 present to your cause.

"I am the bread of life. Whosoever eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood hath eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day!
Who here is hungry? let him come to me, and he will never hunger again. He that believeth in me shall never thirst.

Brothers and Sisters in Christ, have you truly drank of the Living Waters? Have you tasted his flesh and drank his blood?

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. I called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee. Let me open thine eyes, and free you from the darkness of the prisons of your former lives. Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare. Come and be reborn in the blood of our Christ."

Father Gerald performs a communion service and invites sinners down to repent and/or convert. He makes note of the 10 who come forth. The rest of the Christians don't seem to comprehend the message, but are glad of the sinners who come to be saved.

To ensure everything goes smoothly from here, Father Gerald uses entrancement on the converts. Then he leads them to a private prayer room where the other disciples are waiting.

Then, 4 vampires (myself and the 3 Malkavian disciples) will each create blood bonds for 2 to 3 humans each to ensure more permanent loyalty... THEN the vampires will feed on the humans to refill those blood pools.

If all goes well, maybe some of the converts will be drifters or homeless types that no one would notice if they go missing. If such are present, we'll invite them back to the coal exchange to use in the great basement adventure.

If anything goes wrong - if any of the humans reject the blood bond or can't be convinced to let us feed on them, have the Malkavians blitz their brains.

We'll also take down the contact details of the rest so we can start our very own congregation.

Father Gerald makes a phone call to Morgan to hold up while we bring reinforcement tunnel canaries to help with the deep basement exploration.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 05:15:46 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 23, 2016, 12:11:59 pm »

"Почему все здесь с ума? Well ok then. Need any help bringing this . . . teacup to justice?"

"Help? Well.. I guess. Help me find the other teacups so I can teach them what happens when you try to rebel against the Count and his Knights!" After saying this, Cesar began to overturn everything in sight once more, gathering all the teacups and plates that he could. Anything ceramic was a peasant, everything metal was a noble.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 23, 2016, 12:16:48 pm »

Nikolai, for lack of anything better to do, helps Caesar with his lunacy knightly conquest.

Glory to United Forenia!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 23, 2016, 06:17:37 pm »

Smith shakes his head at the folly of the higher ups. Hmm, well the princes word is law I suppose, but any advice for how survive and win a vampire war?
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15