Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: Kindred: Mission one. The generation is born.  (Read 20856 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Kindred: Mission one. The generation is born.
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2016, 04:58:02 pm »

((I will post as soon as I can, which probably will not be until tomorrow. Please feel free to gain 7 exp and spend this how you choose under the condition it isn spent on a level 5 discipline. You are still a fledgling and should not have access to that high a level quite yet.. You can post here what you wish to spend it on and I will amend your character sheet once I am able.))
Emphasis mine.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2016, 05:30:03 pm »

((I will post as soon as I can, which probably will not be until tomorrow. Please feel free to gain 7 exp and spend this how you choose under the condition it isn spent on a level 5 discipline. You are still a fledgling and should not have access to that high a level quite yet.. You can post here what you wish to spend it on and I will amend your character sheet once I am able.))
Emphasis mine.

Persuasion is an ability, not a discipline
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 05:34:58 pm by Sialia »

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2016, 05:44:53 pm »

Mirella unlocks the door, standing by it. ‘You may explore the Coal Exchange, there are many floors and hundreds of rooms. Not to mention hundreds of vampires. Most are willing to teach you.’
Mirella turns to Cesar ‘I suggest for you that you may want to go to the great dining hall. We don’t eat really so it mostly is used for meetings and the sort but Count Spoonicus may want to speak to the silverware there. After all he hasn’t seen his family in a very long time.’
‘As it is there are many people to speak to. You are also welcome to leave the Exchange. You have a lot to learn and a new home to make for yourselves.’

Mirella stands, ready to answer further questions.

‘Of course, there is also work for the prince, but I would prefer you take the time to settle in first. There are goals and aspirations for eternity to think through. It really is a bit overwhelming when you think about it.’

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2016, 07:15:37 pm »

Trump interupts Mirella in the middle of her last sentence "Okay, okay, I get it, I'm a vampire now, I know, believe me.  I'm not a child, do you know how old I am?  I'm experienced, older than you, a lot older than you, I get it, but I'm the president of the United States, I'm needed by America!  I have to get back to the White House, I'm not fixing this place, it's a nice place, real classy, but I'm not fixing it, America needs fixing.  I can't fix America from here, not easily, I need to go back, got it?  Show me out, I've been gone too long, America misses me."

Yeeep.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2016, 10:47:40 pm »

Do as Mirella suggested and travel to the great dining hall. Count Spoonicus probably has family there.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2016, 10:56:25 pm »

((Sialia, I don't know what's wrong with Nikolai's mental stats. Could you be more specific?))

Nikolai will tail Trump, and act as a bodyguard
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2016, 11:35:31 pm »

Trade back in the equipment I got, that was just in case the test involved killing things. Here's the final list of what I want:

Light Bullet-Resistant Vest
Smartphone
Small titanium knife
Sawn-Off Double-Barrel shotgun
Two shells of Dragon's breath
One buckshot shell, one slug

Assuming that the clothes that Mirella gave me were free, that leaves me with $464, just $36 south of a shiny Formal Outfit.

Therefore ask them vampires if they have any simple work for Neonates so I can earn $36.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2016, 02:57:57 am »

((You know the dragonbreath rounds will CAUSE EVERYONE AROUND YOU INCLUDING YOUR TEAMMATES TO TAKE FRENZY ROLLS))

Father Gerald would like to seek out some Ancillia who are experienced in the arts of Diplomacy. He will learn at their feet and seek tutorship.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 19, 2016, 03:02:04 am »

((I can make people burn for their imprudence at a moment's notice.
Whenever I get $700 to spare, I'll get a third shotgun with silver, but killing it with fire is just too fun.))

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 19, 2016, 10:02:06 am »

((Why do you need three different shotguns?))
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2016, 10:42:09 am »

Smith goes to serg where he says high and sees if serg could teach him some meele skills. Failing that just ask about how long serg has been doing this.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2016, 06:41:52 pm »

Trump interupts Mirella in the middle of her last sentence "Okay, okay, I get it, I'm a vampire now, I know, believe me.  I'm not a child, do you know how old I am?  I'm experienced, older than you, a lot older than you, I get it, but I'm the president of the United States, I'm needed by America!  I have to get back to the White House, I'm not fixing this place, it's a nice place, real classy, but I'm not fixing it, America needs fixing.  I can't fix America from here, not easily, I need to go back, got it?  Show me out, I've been gone too long, America misses me."

Yeeep.

‘You’ve been away for months, we have you covered. A Nosferatu is obfuscating for you. He’s been negotiating with construction companies over building some wall, but is having a hard time getting them to bill the Mexican government for it. Still, he’s discriminating with extreme prejudice against ethnic minorities, so you’d be proud.’
Trump rolls Intelligence + vampire customs but does not succeed in understanding that Nosferatu are incredibly ugly and that even with level 3 obfuscate active they are only able to masquerade as incredibly ugly people (This is their clan flaw).

Do as Mirella suggested and travel to the great dining hall. Count Spoonicus probably has family there.

Cutlery and plates line the wall on display. The ornate designs decorate the room well, surrounding a beautiful, antique and hand carved dining table. Most are gathering dust, however, from their disuse. There are a few sets that have some pieces missing, often of different designs. Tea sets of fine china, dinner sets of beautiful silver and porcelain, and serving trays intricately designed illustrate one of the greatest losses of vampire life. No one in the building will ever eat again, as food eaten by vampires quickly becomes noxious, and is thrown up.
Spoonicus’ family is here somewhere.

((Sialia, I don't know what's wrong with Nikolai's mental stats. Could you be more specific?))

Nikolai will tail Trump, and act as a bodyguard

((Nikolai is using perception, intelligence and wits, the mental attributes are actually Intelligence, Wits and Resolve. Please redistribute your levels and I will amend your character sheet. :)  ))

I am sure that Trump will do some sort of exploding here or something. You stick by him to watch him no doubt act like an idiot.

Trade back in the equipment I got, that was just in case the test involved killing things. Here's the final list of what I want:

Light Bullet-Resistant Vest
Smartphone
Small titanium knife
Two shells of Dragon's breath
One buckshot shell, one slug

Assuming that the clothes that Mirella gave me were free, that leaves me with $464, just $36 south of a shiny Formal Outfit.

Therefore ask them vampires if they have any simple work for Neonates so I can earn $36.

Many of the vampires require assistance,
A Toreador you speak with wants you to follow their rival Toreador and find out whether they are cheating on their spouse. Gossip is the most valuable currency amongst the socialites.
A Nosferatu living near the entrance to the basement has been hearing strange noises down there and can’t seem to figure out what is causing it. He would like to get a good night’s sleep.
A Brujah has recently opened a club and is looking for cheap labour.
You ask just enough people that word is getting out the new neonates may be looking for work.

Father Gerald would like to seek out some Ancillia who are experienced in the arts of Diplomacy. He will learn at their feet and seek tutorship.

A few of the Ventrue sort of laugh a bit when you ask. Most call you kook- it appears you are establishing amongst most of the vampires here that you are a Malkavian. In addition, they sometimes call you worm or whelp. Most call you fledgling, saying you aren’t old enough to even be a neonate. Neonates are not welcomed with open arms amongst the Ancilla and it appears most would not yet consider teaching you anything. Still, some of the other neonates may be able to help you, some of the Venture may be interested in teaching a younger Ventrue. It does appear, however, that they believe you to be Malkavian.
You roll intelligence + vampire politics and customs but do not notice anything odd about how this place appears to be structured.

Smith goes to serg where he says high and sees if serg could teach him some meele skills. Failing that just ask about how long serg has been doing this.

‘Of course, little man, we can go work together once I’m off shift here.’ Serge is ecstatic that one of the new neonates wants to learn from him. Being back fighting- that’s what he wants to do really.

Upon Smith’s enquiry as to how long Serge has been doing this he responds with sadness in his voice.
‘Prince took me off the front lines. I used to be one of the best of them, I could tear an ancilla apart with my bare hands.’
Serge looks melancholy. ‘I wish he’d put me back there, it’s all I want to do, but his word is law in the end.’

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2016, 06:59:46 pm »

((I'm going to assume Ash was following Morgan around.))

Ash talks to that Brujah about the job involving labor.

"So, you need help with a club? I'm pretty strong, and need money after I chose to start out with a greatsword. I'm pretty sure the others are okay with this sort of work."

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2016, 07:21:20 pm »

((Just swap perception with resolve I guess))

Nikolai continues to follow Trump

Glory to United Forenia!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2016, 09:21:25 pm »

Trump seethes at Mirella, rage painted across his face.  He shouts at her, his voice growing more enraged and loud as he goes on.  "I can't believe this!  I've been gone for months?!  Of course he can't close the deal with Mexico, he's not a dealmaker, he's just some dumb flunky fraud that's impersonating me!  You can't impersonate me, I'm the only me, he's hopeless, he's going to be a disaster for America!  And people will think it was me, he's making me look bad, he's making me look racist, I'm not racist, the corrupt media makes me look racist even though I'm NOT!"  At this point, Trump physically attempts to grab Mirella, continuing to shout in her face regardless of success "Do you moron vampires have no respect?!  You don't know what you've done, you clueless sleazebags!  This is a terrible mess, just a terrible mess, I NEED to get back to America, NOW!

Beyond the grabbing, Trump's also gonna use Presence level 2 (fear) on Mirella.  Oh, and I rolled for frenzy to determine Trump's response--he got one success, one critsuccess, and one critfail.  That's why he isn't outright attacking her.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15