Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: Kindred: Mission one. The generation is born.  (Read 20875 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Kindred: Mission one. The generation is born.
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2016, 04:58:31 pm »

"You don't get to tell me what I do or don't want to do, dummy. If I could have lived with dying myself someday, I can deal with people I know dying.
And you're not my family yet."

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2016, 05:04:57 pm »

Ash looks surprised for a moment, but the expression turns to one of sadness. After a minute she speaks again.

"Perhaps you could have. I wouldn't know, we're different people. No, I guess we're not family yet. Perhaps someday, in a few years, you'll think otherwise."

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2016, 05:08:15 pm »

Reckless Ash likes the idea of weapons. She shoves her way forward and takes control.

((My big post coming soon))

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2016, 05:18:59 pm »

Smith gives a warm smile back at Serge. So, I'll take a revolver if you've got em, and a Mk.14 EBR
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2016, 05:20:31 pm »

... Really?

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2016, 05:20:51 pm »

"You don't get to tell me what I do or don't want to do, dummy. If I could have lived with dying myself someday, I can deal with people I know dying.
And you're not my family yet."

"You're boring. This is a gift fate gave to us ALL, people can't trample us anymore! We're superior, don't you see?! Just have some fun, eat some people and enjoy yourself!"
Cesar says to Morgan, sticking his tongue out slightly after he finishes speaking.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2016, 05:48:20 pm »

Ash is looking at the list of items she is about to buy, when she momentarily convulses; grabbing her head and wincing in pain. The convulsion stops almost immediately, and Ash tosses the list aside, walks up to Serge, and asks "What's the largest sword you have in stock?"

Ash obtains a greatsword.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2016, 06:15:06 pm »

"Привет, товарищ. I'm sure we will get very well acquainted. Now to business. Before being turned, I used a VSS Vintorez. However, I doubt you have such a weapon in stock. Do you have anything similar? I would need 2 mags of regular ammunition and 2 of armor piercing. In addition, I would like a Mk.23 SD and the same kind of mags. Along with an armored vest and a phone."
You are given your old VSS Vintores (for the purposes of this game, the stats are the same as a honey badger. Your character sheet has been amended to reflect this.)
You also collect your other items
‘We had it transported with you when we brought you over. I admit I was going to snatch it and try it out if you didn’t live through the embrace, but, there you go.’ Serge grins at Nikolai.

My weapons are not carnal, but mighty. Men may come against me with the sword, the spear and the javelin. But I go forth in the name of the LORD of Hosts.
Serge looks confused. ‘Mirella, how many kooks did ya get this time around again?’ He ushers Father Gerald past and continues to serve the others. He clearly believes from this short interaction that Gerald is Malkavian.

Trump walks confidently up to Serge, saying "What a tremendous man, you look tough, a real scrapper!  Very impressive, not so many of you vampires are losers, I had thought you were all like those moron Cullens, but no, you're real winners.  Give me something small, something I can hide in my suit, maybe a knife too?  You're the gun guy, you'll figure something out."

Despite that vauge statement, I would like exactly the items listed on my sheet.
Serge looks the man up and down. ‘You got the president of the United States? He’ll be as good for his country as Brexit is for us.’ Serge means this dismissively, insultingly, however Mirella knows that Trump will take that as a compliment. Brexit is, after all, initiated in the attempt to keep people of a slightly darker skin colour from entering a westernised country. She smiles.
In spite Serge’s playful banter he shoots distasteful looks at Mirella. He clearly doesn’t wish to be helping her, seems to dislike her perhaps, but he is nice enough to the fledglings. He hands over Trump’s items. ‘You know eight years is a very short time to be president in an eternity. You have an eternity now, Mr. Trump.’

Cesar is slightly unnerved by how easily Trump evades speaking with the Count. Despite this, he follows the matron along the whole time as if he had known her for years. Once"Spoonicus, what should we get? I feel like we're going to be shot at a lot.. it doesn't feel nice." After the explanation of how this man would be dealing firearms and such for the fledglings, Spoonicus spoke up. We need something to discreet but strong enough to fell a mighty beast that may close in, tell him that Cesar. Mention armor of some sort as well. Cesar nods slightly, "Okay."

"Singapore.. or was it Serge..? Yes.. that's him." Cesar cleared his throat and looked Serge in the eyes. "Spoonicus says I should take something concealable and deadly, something that could fell a horibble beast in a shot or three.. and maybe something to keep lead out of my chest too. A knife as a backup would be perfect, oh and.."

Cesar goes on, purchasing all that is on his character sheet

Serge grins. As a Brujah, he has always liked the Malkavians, they seem to spice things up. The Ventrue only ever really tried to control him, but these kooks? ‘You got it little man.’ Serge places the items on the counter with a heavy thud.
As Cesar takes his items and walks off, Serge shakes his head and smiles. The kooks are getting crazier each generation.

Morgan glares at Mirella with annoyance.
"I was kind of looking forward to that normal life of mine, thank you. Mortals get plenty of time and power for me."

Mirella shrugs. ‘The musings of a fledgling. You’ll get over it in time. The life that was lost is going to be such a small part of the eternity of potential you now have.’

Looks like we're doing an obstacle course or something first, so;
Trenchcoat, Light vest, M1911 with two mags, sawn-off with two buckshot shells, knife. M1911 isn't permanent, I just want it in case we're forced into combat in this first bit. I want a ranged weapon for that.

Serge places the items on the table. It is becoming apparent he can’t make any motion without a great thud. The Brujah does not seem to know his strength and walks with a stomp. Mirella appears used to it. A thousand years of Potence? Of course you’re going to forget your strength sometimes. Still, the man looks like he would not have to spend blood points to wring a few necks. The giant appears to be a happy one, however. ‘There you go girly.’ He moves on to the next fledgling.

Smith gives a warm smile back at Serge. So, I'll take a revolver if you've got em, and a Mk.14 EBR

Serge throws Smith’s items down onto the counter ‘Brujah! One new brother amongst the fold. Got to take care of all the kooks and suits.’ Serge seems genuinely proud to have another of his clan there. ‘Do me proud little buddy.’ Serge slaps Smith on the shoulder. Lightly, for him, but it almost bowls Smith over.

Ash walks up to Serge, "Hello, my name is Ash, do you have a paper with everything you have in stock and their prices? Can I borrow it? And Mirella, do we start with a certain amount of money? I know some of us have their own weapons... sorry, I lost track of where I was going with that question. So yeah, are we getting money?" ((Because these questions make sense.))

After getting answers to that question and probably a paper with items and prices, Ash walks over to Morgan and puts a hand on her shoulder. "I'm sorry you feel that way. But if you simply refuse the gift you were given, you won't have a chance to find out how to use it. Your eyes have been opened to a world you have most likely never even considered possible. This world would have been there either way, whether your eyes were opened or not. You now have a chance to choose your destiny with a clearer sight than before. So tell me, what was your destiny going to be before your eyes were opened?"

Serge interrupts the barrage of questions. ‘Woah, slow down kid. You’ll get given what you’re given. If you don’t take nothin’ then you’ll get money to go find your own stuff.’ He listens then to what she wants, and thuds the weapons down on the counter. ‘Yeah, I seen multiple personalities a few times before. They all seem to buy a bunch of weapons. Seem to have different preferences. Just don’t get too weighed down by whatever one wants the big guns. The one who wants to run around stabbin’ things in the dark is gonna be pretty upset.’

Ash is looking at the list of items she is about to buy, when she momentarily convulses; grabbing her head and wincing in pain. The convulsion stops almost immediately, and Ash tosses the list aside, walks up to Serge, and asks "What's the largest sword you have in stock?"

Ash obtains a greatsword.

‘See? There you go. That’s the one that likes the big guns.’ Serge grins and throws the greatsword onto the counter as though its weight is meaningless to him. He removes the other items.

Mirella gathers everyone up once more, giving them time to ready themselves and strap whatever guns they have bought on. She speaks once more to them. ‘Now, you shall be tested to see whether you can restrain yourself appropriately in the presence of a human.’

Mirella takes off walking down another of the corridors that are becoming rather maze-like. Past many vampires they stride like a class of school children, up a flight of stairs, past ancient tapestries and carved statues. Some Toreador stand to the side admiring one piece as the Toreador clan do. It is their clan flaw to be entranced by truly exceptional art to the point they are sometimes unable to move. The group pushes past and enters into a small lounge room. The layout is much like the hatchery, there are rooms down one corridor, a kitchen and regular bathroom where the shower block was in the hatchery. The whole group can smell it though. Humans are here.

Mirella shuts the door behind her. She waits for everyone to be ready for her next task.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 06:17:37 pm by Sialia »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2016, 06:24:40 pm »

Make sure everything is properly concealed, then Ready.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2016, 06:32:58 pm »

"Wait, what are we doing?

Fail to make any preparations.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2016, 06:46:18 pm »

Silently and shakily prepare for the task, then I'm ready
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2016, 10:04:43 pm »

"Спасибо, товарищ брат. It is good to have something familiar in this strange new world I find myself in."

Nikolai takes several minutes to inspect his weapon, disassemble it, then remove his suit, equip the concealable bulletproof vest, replace his suit, and put his new pistol in his pocket.

"Apologies for the delay, матрона. I am ready for the test."

Nikolai awaits the test.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2016, 10:45:45 pm »

Again abusing his mastery of fluid time, Trump responds to Serge's statements even after he recieves his items.  "Of course I'll be good for America, I'll be even better than Brexit, I am better than Brexit, they didn't go far enough, it's sad, there's still too much stuff, it's almost like they're still part of Europe, they barely exited!  Me?  I'm gonna make sure America doesn't touch any of the bad countries, we're not gonna accept their problems, if they want to send good people they can, but nobody else, we've been being taken advantage of too long!  And I'll do it quick, I can do it in eight years, I don't even need eight years, I can do it in two years, very fast, even faster!  You know me, I'm very fast, a great dealmaker, I can talk to a guy for just minutes and change his mind completely, it's amazing."

Following this, he tries to put on his vest.  It takes a while with his inexperienced hands, and he has to hurry to catch up to the group.  "Yeah, I'm ready, I'm always ready, can't surprise me." he absently says, while swinging his MP5K around and peering down the sights.

Ready.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2016, 11:17:46 pm »

Behold, as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress; so our eyes wait upon the Lord our God.

Command us, All Seeing One.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 11:20:24 pm by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2016, 04:45:40 pm »

Smith slings his rifle over his shoulder, and stuffs his pistol into his holster if he's got one, or his pocket. He's ready.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 04:57:55 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15