Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Kindred: Mission one. The generation is born.  (Read 20774 times)

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Kindred: Mission one. The generation is born.
« Reply #180 on: January 01, 2017, 12:12:06 am »

Cesar grins slightly at Nikolai's reaction. "I have no idea what I just did, but it amuses me."
Spoonicus chuckles.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 01, 2017, 12:26:09 am »

Build cult.

Vampires go street preaching every night to build up and draw in the flock. With services held on Sundays!
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 01, 2017, 06:51:53 pm »

Ash/Lyssha grabs the arm and tosses it towards the prince, saying slowly and with trouble pronouncing: "Vi-cis-sit-ude work."
Wait to see if this results in instant death before speaking. Be ready to start speaking immediately if so.

The prince looks at the severed arm. The mouth in the palm of the hand being clear evidence of Vicissitude, even without the presence of the rest of the being to which it was once attached.
‘This was in my realm.’
It was meant to be a question, but seemingly came out more of a statement. The prince waits to hear them out, raising a hand in a small, subtle gesture, however every vampire in the room is instantly silenced.

"Malkavian.. 'Of Malkav'.. alright." Cesar looks off into the distance and begins mumbling quietly to himself. Not long after his lucidity began to fade, he snapped back into full awareness and looked Mirella in the eyes. "Matron.. what kind of powers exist in me besides accessing the 'madness network'? It feels almost like I.. can touch minds." Cesar probes around mentally, trying to 'feel' a light switch that exists only in his deluded mind.

Cesar somewhat intentionally uses Dementation 1 to amplify Nikolai's emotions

‘That you can, childe. Malkav gives you that. Use it wisely, Spoonicus will show you how.’ Mirella is happy with his understanding. Explaining to an otherwise unaware young Malk that they are mad can sometimes be difficult. Mirella thought to herself about how lucky she was not to be cursed with dementation to eat away at her mind. She was truly special.

Nikolai finds Mirella's explanation very agreeable, and suddenly feels ready to head out and do something. It doesn't particularly matter what at the moment.

"Of course, why wouldn't you be the ones to decide this? After all, you are our матрона, our mother. You should decide what we do next! What would you have us do,  матрона? I will not fail you."

‘If you wish to work for me, you shall.’ Mirella spoke soothingly to Nikolai. ‘I will take tasks from the prince and you may fulfil your duty to me and to him. For now, relax, you have a lot to learn. When you are ready to leave my presence here, I would have you befriend your fellow Ventrue. Approach them as a student, as a neonate you are not yet an equal in their eyes. Mine, however, see only the greatness you will one day achieve.’ A sadness enters Mirella’s voice. ‘Whilst here now, you must mourn for your friend. Trump is passed form this world and has met final death.’

Trump's face twists into a strange contortion of surprise, anger, and abject terror as he gurgles loudly--even with his throat ripped out, he still refuses to shut up.  For a moment, he weakly flails at the wolf eating his throat with his left hand, before remembering the submachine gun clutched in his right.  His frantic gurgles then take on a more vengeful tone, as he jams the front of the weapon into the wolf's side while squeezing the trigger.

Point blank single shot at the Gangrel currently eating Trump.  Technically, I guess it could crit?

(Lets say it hits, for RP reasons. It’s point blank anyway, right?)The Gangrel takes the shot, but the bullet does not seem to sink into the flesh the way it should. The bullet hits, and there is a wound, but it seems superficial.
The wolf circles Trump, watching him, staring its prey down and savouring its moment of desperation as it struggles, choking on breath it doesn’t need. Trump feels a hunger surface as his blood pool empties to a significant degree, however it is unlikely he could feed in this condition regardless. The Gangrel circles around front looks directly in his eyes, before turning its head sideways and biting down on Trump’s face. His last feeling is his cheekbones caving in, crushed by the bite, and then the president who never got to be president is no more.

Smith is a little surprised at serges sudden shift in mood, but his curiosity is piqued and he replies.I swear I won't tell a soul hoss. What do I need to know?

‘It isn’t meant to be this way.’ It seems as though Serge is lifting a weight off his shoulders. ‘I embraced you under the prince’s orders. I sired you, and I feel responsible. Yet the prince, he’s holding us old warriors back, afraid we will betray him. Paranoid. He’s lost his mind.’ Serge sighs, and it is rather strange seeing such a large, powerful vampire looking so helpless. ‘He is worried we’ll grow too powerful, that we’ll diablerise him and usurp his domain. He breeds generations of you neonates so that you can go fight on the frontline and die in our place, but it isn’t working. The enemy is only gaining ground because the neonates can’t hold it.’

Serge places a hand on Smith’s shoulder.

‘I’m your sire, though you must never tell anyone you know. As far as you’re concerned, Mirella must be your matron until such time as you can fight. But I won’t let that happen to you. If they send you out, they make you a soldier before your time, you come tell me first.’

Build cult.

Vampires go street preaching every night to build up and draw in the flock. With services held on Sundays!

((As an OOC note I am going to begin wrapping up the threads of story here. I will have you dictate what Father Gerald does over the next twenty years, as what you’re posting now is more of a long term goal. I will then make some rolls and see how successful you are at your intentions. All this mission’s story threads will begin to be wrapped up in this way over the next few turns but we will start with Father Gerald.))
You begin holding Sunday services. You draw people in, built a cult. Tell me more about it, and about your actions over the two decades.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 01, 2017, 07:51:40 pm »

Would Nikolai still be under Caesars Dementation influence?))
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 01, 2017, 08:06:33 pm »

Ash/Lyssha looks at Morgan, waiting for her to help explain.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 01, 2017, 08:16:24 pm »

Would Nikolai still be under Caesars Dementation influence?))

((Not any longer, lasts about 10 mins and we have been talking for a little while now.))

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 01, 2017, 08:55:40 pm »

"What? I saw him not half an hour ago, how is he dead?!"

Nikolai begins pacing, trying to come to terms with his failure.

"Чертов идиот американец, я знал, что что-то подобное случится, если я оставил его в покое слишком долго. Наверное, пытался оскорбить вампира далеко за пределы его уровня мощности. Как я объясню это Путину. , , Подождите."

Spoiler: Translation (click to show/hide)

Nikolai looks back at Mirella with a mix of realization and confusion.

"I. . . I don't have to tell him. I don't. . . work for Putin anymore. I've been in his service my entire life. . . That thought hadn't occurred to me before."

He sits back down, still trying to process this revelation. Mirella would probably be able to detect the rapidly moving train of thought as Nikolai attempt to make sense of his new status. He had, of course realized that being a vampire would change things, but with the death of Trump, his last tie to his mission - and his old life - he found himself without a purpose. While he briefly mourns the this loss, he is struck with a new idea. The answer is sitting right in front of him! The woman before him is his window to a new purpose. One much more fulfilling than the old one.

He looks straightens in his chair. He loos Mirella in the eyes and simply smiles. He smiles because he knows that she already knows exactly what he's thinking.

As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 01, 2017, 09:36:45 pm »

Arete wakes slowly in the slums of Athens. It feels like what must be late at night as it's very dark, she knows this before she even opens her eyes. It is a fact that registers briefly before being shunted aside into the back of her mind. Another though occurs in the background. She is hearing very acutely. She can hear... heartbeats. All around her, heartbeats. Blood. That is all she can think, blood. She stirs, lying in a gutter. The street is unkempt, untidy, garbage everywhere. She is in an alleyway behind a dumpster on the opposite side of the city to her home. She can't think. Heartbeats. There are homeless sleeping just around the corner. Homeless with blood.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 02, 2017, 12:54:47 am »

"Wooow, get a load of that! I didn't know you could dance, Spoonicus!" Cesar is twirling Spoonicus in the palm of his hand. Seems he's no longer lucid. Internally, he takes it as a good time to contemplate the differences between life and undeath. After a minute or so of thinking he reaches the conclusion that living sucks and he was meant to be a Kindred from birth.

A moment later, he stops twirling Spoonicus in the palm of his hand and looks at Nikolai. "Why do you look so happy, did my 'powers' do that?" Cesar looks somewhat confused, an appearance that he seems to constantly contradict through dispersion of his quick wit.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 02, 2017, 12:59:03 am »

Morgan is starting to regret going and seeing the prince so soon. She keeps her cool regardless.

"I will explain, Majesty, as I am neither mute nor a coward." She looks at the Ratling with the very beginning of a smile.
"This Nosferatu was disturbed by strange noises from below, so he hired me and the other Neonate to enter the basement and find the source. Behind a locked door we found a pathetic creature with many eyes and many arms, each tipped with a human mouth. My honorable companion beat the thing to death and tore off an arm, to show to the Nosferatu. He got all excited and ran over to you. And now here we are.
Do you have any questions, Prince?"

Explain. Don't fuck it up.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 02, 2017, 08:54:21 pm »

((Please excuse the complete lack of written or spoken greek in this post; while Arete might be bilingual, I at best have some patchy Spanish.))

Petros reclined beside the dumpster, calmly enjoying the high as it started to build.  Agim and his friend were sleeping a short distance away, just out of sight--they'd be pissed if they found out he had spent their food money on a hit of ecstasy.  In retrospect, maybe he should have gone a bit farther before pulling it out; it wasn't like he was gonna waste the night huddled next to a dumpster in some dirty alley.

He sighed.  Maybe he should talk about it with them again.  This was a great way to escape from the hellishness of their daily life, and they could afford it.  They always managed to get by whenever they lost funds, so why not lose it to ecstasy rather than some random thug or something?  Besides, a lonely high sucks, he wanted some company to enjoy it with.

Just as he was about to get up, a young woman crawled around the front of the dumpster, on all fours like some animal.  She looked disheveled, and something  was up with her hair... but her wide eyes positively glowed with desire, with an obvious need for him.  He grinned; women always liked him more when he was on ecstasy.  "Hey baby, wanna su-"

She was on him instantly, interrupting his proposition.  It took him a second to realize she was rapidly biting and clawing at his shoulders and face, hard, with a violent urgency.  He screamed, blindly flailing at the monster desperately trying to consume him, but to little effect.  He heard Agim saying something, distantly, and saw the glint of his knife, but it just wasn't fast enough to stop Petros' throat from being torn free of his body.

Arete stared down at the bloodied corpse below her, barely restraining herself from tearing into it further.  Somewhere inside her, she knew this blood was dirtied, impure, and that alone held her back for a moment.  Her pause was interrupted by one of her victim's friends,  who stabbed something sharp into her side--she hissed in pain, recoiling away from the pain, though it hurt much left than she thought it should.  The sudden motion wrenched the metal away from its owner, twisting it painfully inside her flesh.

The fledgling vampire turned to regard her assailant, a large man whose face was a mixture of anger and horror, the latter something she was quite unused to being directed at her.  Acting quickly, she tore the knife free from her own flesh without a thought, then dove straight into the man.  Now armed with a real weapon, she killed him far faster than her previous victim, quickly slashing the man's throat open before burying the blade straight into his heart.  He didn't even get a chance to scream, yet she could still hear someone.  She looked up from her kill, immediately spotting the source: a young woman fleeing for the street.

Though her mind was clouded, Arete knew the woman had to be silenced immediately.  She charged after the woman, reaching her almost immediately, and then leaping onto the woman and driving her to the ground.  To the woman's credit, she curled up, protecting her neck from Arete with her arms.  And the blade had foolishly be left lodged in the man's ribcage--the young vampire resorted to biting and clawing chaotically at the small, frail arms protecting her prize.  Eventually, she did manage to push the arms out of the way, biting into the back of the neck with a satisfying crunch.  Then--finally--she could feast on blood, the wonderous ambrosia she had barely tasted with her first victim.

Arete lied atop the corpse for several minutes, drinking deeply, just enjoying the wondrous taste, but eventually it ran dry.  She rose--then immediately toppled sideways into a wall.  Her mind was much clearer now, and utterly overwhelmed.  What the fuck just happened that she woke up in some random alleyway, then murdered a trio of homeless people out of... hunger?  Some fucked up blood addiction?  And why the hell was the knife wound, which felt quite deep, not really bleeding or even hurting much at all?

She took a deep breath.  Whatever had happened, she needed to deal with the consequences.  She looked down at her bloodsoaked clothing.  First, she needed to replace those.  Maybe if she were very lucky the homeless people had spare clothing.  Next, she needed to get away from the scene, before someone came to investigate all the screaming.

Arete looked over at the knife, still stuck inside the large man's corpse.  She'd need that, more likely than not.  The last thing she wanted to do was kill more people, but it might be a necessity.  She sighed again.

First, grab that knife, without taking any more blood.  Then, find clean clothes.  Regardless of success, get the hell away from the corpses.

((Bleeehh  No proofreading because writing this in the first place was ridiculously difficult.))

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 02, 2017, 09:39:46 pm »

((I always just use google translate. I do not actually speak Russian))

Glory to United Forenia!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 02, 2017, 10:58:38 pm »

Smith, is a little surprised by the far that the vampire prince is so unstable, Understood Sir, if they ship me off before I'm good and trained you'll be the first to now. Gotta ask though, what sent the prince over the edge? Just old and paranoid?
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 05, 2017, 05:42:24 pm »

Ash/Lyssha looks at Morgan, waiting for her to help explain.
Morgan is starting to regret going and seeing the prince so soon. She keeps her cool regardless.

"I will explain, Majesty, as I am neither mute nor a coward." She looks at the Ratling with the very beginning of a smile.
"This Nosferatu was disturbed by strange noises from below, so he hired me and the other Neonate to enter the basement and find the source. Behind a locked door we found a pathetic creature with many eyes and many arms, each tipped with a human mouth. My honorable companion beat the thing to death and tore off an arm, to show to the Nosferatu. He got all excited and ran over to you. And now here we are.
Do you have any questions, Prince?"

Explain. Don't fuck it up.

As chance would have it, the prince believes this story.

‘There is a traitor in my midst. It cannot be related to these fledglings, they are too young for such horrors.’ The prince is murmuring to himself, before falling silent for a moment, thinking.

‘Reward the fledglings. Ten thousand dollars and a room on one of my upper floors. I shall call upon their services when I require them.’ The prince turns his back and strolls back to the throne, taking a seat. ‘As for you, rodent, you knew of these noises but failed to act of your own accord, are you not ancilla?’

The little Nosferatu stumbles over his words, stuttering. ‘I… well, there… but I…’

The prince does not wait for him to find his voice. ‘I need those who will act when they feel my domain may be out of sorts. You knew but you did not act, instead relying on these far more competent fledglings. You did not even seek to inform me. Leave my sight.’

The prince watches, waiting for the trio to leave.

"What? I saw him not half an hour ago, how is he dead?!"

Nikolai begins pacing, trying to come to terms with his failure.

"Чертов идиот американец, я знал, что что-то подобное случится, если я оставил его в покое слишком долго. Наверное, пытался оскорбить вампира далеко за пределы его уровня мощности. Как я объясню это Путину. , , Подождите."

Spoiler: Translation (click to show/hide)

Nikolai looks back at Mirella with a mix of realization and confusion.

"I. . . I don't have to tell him. I don't. . . work for Putin anymore. I've been in his service my entire life. . . That thought hadn't occurred to me before."

He sits back down, still trying to process this revelation. Mirella would probably be able to detect the rapidly moving train of thought as Nikolai attempt to make sense of his new status. He had, of course realized that being a vampire would change things, but with the death of Trump, his last tie to his mission - and his old life - he found himself without a purpose. While he briefly mourns the this loss, he is struck with a new idea. The answer is sitting right in front of him! The woman before him is his window to a new purpose. One much more fulfilling than the old one.

He looks straightens in his chair. He looks Mirella in the eyes and simply smiles. He smiles because he knows that she already knows exactly what he's thinking.

‘You see your future now almost as clearly as I do, Nikolai. I would have you act as my personal agent if you would allow. I work now for the Collective of the Sight, but though each of us can see, we require a hand to act upon our behalf.’ Mirella already saw his answer. ‘Of course, you would be paid.’

"Wooow, get a load of that! I didn't know you could dance, Spoonicus!" Cesar is twirling Spoonicus in the palm of his hand. Seems he's no longer lucid. Internally, he takes it as a good time to contemplate the differences between life and undeath. After a minute or so of thinking he reaches the conclusion that living sucks and he was meant to be a Kindred from birth.

A moment later, he stops twirling Spoonicus in the palm of his hand and looks at Nikolai. "Why do you look so happy, did my 'powers' do that?" Cesar looks somewhat confused, an appearance that he seems to constantly contradict through dispersion of his quick wit.

‘Your powers are strong, Cesar, you may strengthen or weaken emotions.’ Mirella knew that Cesar’s future would be decided by his connection to the madness network. Even so, that was clouded her, she couldn’t see where it would lead him.

‘Cesar you must serve Spoonicus well. Remain his loyal knight and you will be rewarded.’ Mirella was very interested to know where Malkav’s curse would lead the young master of dementation, and wasn’t sure Cesar would be lucid enough to appreciate it when he got there, but perhaps that wasn’t what mattered. 

Smith, is a little surprised by the far that the vampire prince is so unstable, Understood Sir, if they ship me off before I'm good and trained you'll be the first to now. Gotta ask though, what sent the prince over the edge? Just old and paranoid?

‘Malkavian’ replies Serge. ‘They’re all crazy. Dangerous, if you ask me. Never trust a kook. His worried expression fades and that boisterous smile breaks through. ‘Let’s get you back. You’ve got some settling into vampire life to do.’

Smith may ask questions, however if he does not, then Serge will begin travel back to the coal exchange.

-Really big and cool post-

Though it pains Arete to do so, she manages to pull herself away from the man after pulling the knife out. His blood looks so sweet, so appetising, she almost sinks her teeth in once more just to taste it again, nothing has ever been so delicious. She can’t help but lick his blood off the knife as she walks. The smell fills her senses with a pleasure she was not aware existed.

Arete is in the slums, so of course she has no trouble breaking into the first house she finds. The people here have little money for tight security. The house belongs to a couple with a small girl of four, as depicted by a photo on the mantelpiece. It isn’t a good life they lead, so it seems, but they have what they need. The tiny house that seems wedged between two buildings has an upstairs and downstairs, with what could generously be called a kitchen and the child’s bedroom on the ground floor, the bathroom and master bedroom on the upper floor. The wallpaper is peeling, and has been drawn on in crayon in places. The foyer, which also has two small chairs and an old CRT TV in once corner, appears to double as the lounge. This family is clearly trying hard to work their way up from nothing for their daughter’s sake.

And still, Arete can hear it. She is surrounded by it. The heartbeats. The blood pumping around, rushing through the bodies of those in the house, and even next door as well. The faster beats of the child tell Arete the girl is downstairs. The mother and father upstairs, both of them slow. Both asleep.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 05, 2017, 06:13:43 pm »

Take the money and walk over to the armory. If Serge is back by the time I get there buy the following:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15