Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Survival (SG) Turn Eight!  (Read 3083 times)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Survival (SG) Turn Eight!
« on: December 12, 2016, 03:35:35 am »

I remember the panic, the fear, sadness, that's all I remember from the crash. I thought I was going to die, but by some miracle I survived, although whether that is good or bad is still unknown. Alien planets do tend to be very different from on another, but from what my computer told me, this planet does have life, and very similiar weather patterns to Earth. Yet surviving on an alien planet alone is no easy task. I gather up supplies, before trying to decide what to do next. I don't know whether this air is breathable yet, and I would rather not risk it and die.

Health:♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Hunger:‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖
Air: 10/10 hours remaining.

Inventory:
25x Snack Bar
Laser Pistol (Holding and loaded)
20x Laser Pistol Charge (20 shots each.)
Water Purifier Suit Addon (Wearing)
Survival Suit (Wearing)
2x Water Tank
10x Air Tank (Using 2)
5x Med Pack

Spoiler: How Things Work (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 12:30:37 pm by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survival (SG)
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 04:43:13 am »

First Order of Business - Get ourselves patched up
An alien planet, with life-forms? That could mean danger - and we don't want to limp about in such a case. Maybe a bit over-prudent of a thought, but those wounds (half dead, come on) are nasty either way.

Initial Exploration - Get all the data that our ship can provide.
Air Pressure, Gravity, Damage Protocols, look at the feed of any working cams, and - obviously - test the air for its breathability. Even if the air proves to be breathable, don't exit our suit just yet though - spores, pathogens and similiar, are a very real danger. In theory, at least.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 09:24:11 am »

An alien planet, with life-forms? That could mean danger - and we don't want to limp about in such a case. Maybe a bit over-prudent of a thought, but those wounds (half dead, come on) are nasty either way.

Air Pressure, Gravity, Damage Protocols, look at the feed of any working cams, and - obviously - test the air for its breathability. Even if the air proves to be breathable, don't exit our suit just yet though - spores, pathogens and similiar, are a very real danger. In theory, at least.
+1
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 12:23:25 pm »

All suggestions posted (within reason) will be posted
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 01:24:59 pm »

What's not within reason?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 01:46:10 pm »

What's not within reason?
Anything that's stupid, extremely silly, (some sillieness is allowed.) or impossible. Like suicide.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2016, 02:58:41 pm »

+1
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2016, 04:00:56 am »

Turn One

I decide to use one of the Med packs to heal my wounds, because I most certainly do not want to be limping around in an alien planet. I go back to my escape pod and try to test the air using the air tester machine. It dings, and sais "Test posi-posi-posi-posi-unpos-unpos-unpos-posi-unpos-posi-unposaaaaaaaaaaa" Damn, the AT's gone faulty, typical. However it looks the air pressuriser is still mostly intact, although it will probabaly fall to pieces after a few uses, if not fixed. The insides probabaly messed up. The gravity is similiar to Old Earth's. And that's pretty much all the info I have, I guess that's what happens when someone crashes into a system that's only been parrtially explored once, by a mad pirate. I decide to check the ship's storage unit, and exchange some of the stuff it has into my storage unit, including some repair kits, and an Info Book on things called Beast Spawners, which sounds like an intresting read. I head back out of the wreckage, and look up. The planet has 10 suns. That doesn't seem physically possible.

Hunger:‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖‖
Air: 9.8/10 hours remaining.

Inventory:
50x Snack Bar
25x Laser Pistol Charge (20 shots each.)
Survival Suit (Wearing)
8x Water Tank
15x Air Tank (Using 2)
9x Med Pack
3x Repair Kit
Air Pressuriser

« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 04:10:44 am by TankKit »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2016, 10:08:36 am »

If the ship isn't about to explode then we have a reliable base and shelter and we should do what we can to set it up as such. Let's make sure it's not going to do that though(explode).

Our first task outside the ship should be setting up with the word "HELP" clearly visible after of course turning on any distress beacons. Unless there's a larger chance of a pirate finding us than help.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2016, 10:42:55 am »

If the ship isn't about to explode then we have a reliable base and shelter and we should do what we can to set it up as such. Let's make sure it's not going to do that though(explode).

Our first task outside the ship should be setting up with the word "HELP" clearly visible after of course turning on any distress beacons. Unless there's a larger chance of a pirate finding us than help.
Definetely a larger chance of pirates finding us.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2016, 02:48:05 pm »

Even if we don't want to send anything, let our com check different frequencies.
Expecting a type 1+ civ around here, isn't realistic - but in the surrounding area, there might be... something. Heck, getting off this rock, would be better than eventually dying here old and alone, so even indentured service for a decade or two to a passing-by trader, would be welcome. But we get ahead of us here.

Afterwards, take a good look around the landing site
Remember those gun safety protocols? Yeah? Well, keep the laser ready to shoot, but unless anything approaches us at rapid speed, look first, shoot later.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2016, 03:26:13 am »

Turn Two

Even if we don't want to send anything, let our com check different frequencies.
Expecting a type 1+ civ around here, isn't realistic - but in the surrounding area, there might be... something. Heck, getting off this rock, would be better than eventually dying here old and alone, so even indentured service for a decade or two to a passing-by trader, would be welcome. But we get ahead of us here.

Afterwards, take a good look around the landing site
Remember those gun safety protocols? Yeah? Well, keep the laser ready to shoot, but unless anything approaches us at rapid speed, look first, shoot later.

Well, it doesn't look like it's going to explode, but it's definetely wasn't taking off any time soon, so I may was well set up base. I briefly consider turning on the distress beacons, but there is a much bigger chance that pirates are going to find us than help, so I decide against it. Instead I use a repair kit to get the ship good enough that it won't immediatly collapse if attacked, because that would be a pretty useless base now wouldn't it? I also let my com check different frequencies, there probabaly isn't anything but-*beep* what was that? I check my com, but it hasn't found anything, which means the noise-*beep* is coming from around me. "Hello?" I say, worried about this strange ne-*beep* noise. *beep, beep, beep, beep!* *BEEP, BEEP, BEEP!!!* I look around for the source of the noise, then I see it. When I see it, I am terrified. It is a giant bee, with a dog's legs an tail, eagle's wings, and a cat head. Right then I...

Air: 9.6/10 hours remaining.

Inventory:
50x Snack Bar
Survival Suit (Wearing)
8x Water Tank
15x Air Tank (Using 2)
9x Med Pack
4x Repair Kit
Air Pressuriser

« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 07:32:03 am by TankKit »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2016, 12:33:37 pm »

SHOOT!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2016, 03:18:13 am »

Turn THREE

SHOOT!
I shoot it, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10 shots to the head and down it goes, vaporating into nothingness, damn. I hear more beeping from behind me, and see 2 more, they charge at me and I just barely manage to jump out of the way, 2 shots to the wings and one can't fly, but that doesn't mean they're any less dangerous, one charges towards me at knocks it out of my hands, before bringing it's head down on my face and...licking me? Da fuqh?

Air: 9.4/10 hours remaining.

Inventory:
50x Snack Bar
Laser Pistol (loaded)
Survival Suit (Wearing)
8x Water Tank
15x Air Tank (Using 2)
9x Med Pack
4x Repair Kit
Air Pressuriser

« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 04:05:40 am by TankKit »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2016, 03:39:22 am »

Noone going to post an action?

Pages: [1] 2 3