Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Multi-grasped animalmen in fort mode = multiple weapons?  (Read 1451 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Multi-grasped animalmen in fort mode = multiple weapons?
« on: December 11, 2016, 07:28:08 am »

Since I don't have some handy, asking out of idle curiosity:

Can something like Elephant man wield a Shield, a Crossbow and a Morningstar at the same time?
Can something like Brown Recluse Spiderman wield a Shield, a Bow, a Pick, a Spear, a Whip and a Hammer in fort mode simultaneously through military equipment?

Or will they just strap the equipment past the first two to upper body?

Weizen1988

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Multi-grasped animalmen in fort mode = multiple weapons?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 10:33:48 am »

Can something like Elephant man wield a Shield, a Crossbow and a Morningstar at the same time?
Can something like Brown Recluse Spiderman wield a Shield, a Bow, a Pick, a Spear, a Whip and a Hammer in fort mode simultaneously through military equipment?

Wouldnt an elephant man have same number of limbs as a human or dwarf? They are four legged, so an upright one would have two legs, two arms, or does the trunk count as a limb?
Spiderman, more likely, but I dont actually know. Forgive my ignorance, but could arena mode solve this? Or do they follow different rules?

YetAnotherLurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 11:06:08 am »

I know the Fortress Defense mod's War Elephants are four stance (legs) and a grasp (trunk), and they wield both shield and weapon with said trunk. Should be fairly simple to create a multigrasp creature that can visit fortresses as a mercenary to test, but I'm lazy.

Weizen1988

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 11:35:08 am »

I know the Fortress Defense mod's War Elephants are four stance (legs) and a grasp (trunk), and they wield both shield and weapon with said trunk. Should be fairly simple to create a multigrasp creature that can visit fortresses as a mercenary to test, but I'm lazy.
So elephant man animalperson species might indeed have two proper hands, then trunk also with grasp. If someone could walk me through that bit of modding id be happy to check, but at that point the other person may as well do it.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 11:56:11 am »

TRUNK has [GRASP], but...yeah.

Dunno about arena mode significance - when you spawn someone in with equipment, they don't have to pick it up, and I know of the adventure mode thing where you can wield billion shields at once with just two hands.

It's a thought *spawns*

Elephant man dropped 4 daggers to ground out of 6. Brown Recluse Spiderman dropped none. Then they fought, elephantman won without using trunk, though with some wounds (red on hands/leg/some organs, incl. fractured both spines).

YetAnotherLurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 12:10:43 pm »

So elephant man animalperson species might indeed have two proper hands, then trunk also with grasp. If someone could walk me through that bit of modding id be happy to check, but at that point the other person may as well do it.
The fastest way to set it up for an elephant would probably just be to download and install Fortress Defense including the bonus races, and change the Greater Badgerman (in creature_fdbonus)'s body plan from:
[BODY:HUMANOID_NECK:TAIL:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:5FINGERS:5TOES:MOUTH:FANGTEETH_FD:RIBCAGE] to: [BODY:HUMANOID_NECK:TAIL:2EYES:2EARS:TRUNK_GRASP_FD:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:5FINGERS:5TOES:MOUTH:FANGTEETH_FD:RIBCAGE]

Basically, you'd be stapling an elephant trunk to a badgerman's face. I use badgermen as my example because in my experience, they show up as mercenaries (provided they're nearby) by the dozens in my games, so acquiring a large experimental group in fort mode should be easy.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2016, 07:31:51 am »

In adventure mode and arena mode you can make spidermen wield multiple weapons using their many grasping limbs. I have never seen this in fortress mode so I have no idea if it applies there.

Weizen1988

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2016, 10:11:27 am »

The fastest way to set it up for an elephant would probably just be to download and install Fortress Defense including the bonus races, and change the Greater Badgerman (in creature_fdbonus)'s body plan from:
[BODY:HUMANOID_NECK:TAIL:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:5FINGERS:5TOES:MOUTH:FANGTEETH_FD:RIBCAGE] to: [BODY:HUMANOID_NECK:TAIL:2EYES:2EARS:TRUNK_GRASP_FD:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:5FINGERS:5TOES:MOUTH:FANGTEETH_FD:RIBCAGE]

Basically, you'd be stapling an elephant trunk to a badgerman's face. I use badgermen as my example because in my experience, they show up as mercenaries (provided they're nearby) by the dozens in my games, so acquiring a large experimental group in fort mode should be easy.
If I get a chance Ill try this out and report back, you've all been very patient and helpful with my stupid questions, so id like to help if I can, might not have time with the holidays coming up though, i'm doing more planning than playing currently, about half my fort is graph paper right now, I should save these maps for my dnd group, force them to crawl through this madness, anyway that's more than enough derailing from me for now.

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2016, 04:51:09 am »

I've read that by default many limbed invaders will simply equip one weapon, and the rest will be shields.

Never had a citizen with more than two arms though.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite