Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Exmortal - Sci-Fantasy Dungeon Shopkeepers - OOC  (Read 14347 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Exmortal - Sci-Fantasy Dungeon Shopkeepers - OOC
« Reply #120 on: January 21, 2017, 11:20:09 am »

Are AKs still commonly used in this post-apocalyptic world or are they supposed to be relics? I need to know so I can temper Gilles' actions accordingly. Egan would probably also benefit from that information.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 21, 2017, 07:37:50 pm »

Given that we're not even on Earth, I'd think that the ak isn't even a recognisable design. Something from a long lost past behind all the other long lost pasts.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2017, 02:19:06 am »

Good question, since the colonists came straight from Earth it might be in there, but given that this is at least two thousand years into the future that mostly eliminates the possibility of recognizing it.

Most people who have been around guns would recognize it as an assault rifle, but it would be very hard to tell that it's actually from the long-ancient past and not milled in some mid-tier smith's shop.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2017, 10:11:14 am »

We're in a mess of a fight while Raioyris hoards spiritmons and threatens children with a gun.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 24, 2017, 06:26:57 pm »

Doublepost: while I did explain what Gilles did in more detail in the flavor, I do suspect that the result was because of a failure of both the attack test and the followup test after a heavy attack, so that's ok.
>Yes?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 24, 2017, 08:13:29 pm »

Doublepost: while I did explain what Gilles did in more detail in the flavor, I do suspect that the result was because of a failure of both the attack test and the followup test after a heavy attack, so that's ok.

Oh! I misinterpreted your action. Sorry about that!

I suppose you could produce another lasso. The question is whether you'd cut the rope or whether you have a set "magazine" of lassos rather than just a spool.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 24, 2017, 08:35:37 pm »

Cut the lasso. While I suppose the winch system itself would have a cutting system for emergencies (such as in the rare case a critter proves too tough even for his emergency stabilization system), something involving a magazine of lassos would be too complex.

Edited the post to make my mental image clearer.
>Yes?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 06, 2017, 09:38:15 am »

Why is Raioyris resorting to violence before even watching to see whether they're aggressive? I'm not saying you're wrong (as you're right in case they are hostile), but it seems a bit too hasty.
>Yes?

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 06, 2017, 03:42:04 pm »

Because in his mind freezing them isn't violence.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 06, 2017, 03:49:13 pm »

And here we see the typical magician's disregard for physics and physiology. :P

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 06, 2017, 04:18:07 pm »

Does that mean we now have to fear Raioyris may end up freezing and killing one of us someday because he doesn't consider it violence?
>Yes?

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 06, 2017, 04:35:17 pm »

If you guys insist I'll change my actions on the basis of misinformation; I imagined them to be robotic spiders like the first ones we ran into, I though Raioyris would just be immobilizing them, hence my response to you.

Before you get started, it is seemingly reasonable in this setting for robotic spiders to be formed small and grow by accumulating matter considering all the majorly wacky things we've seen so far.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 05:43:54 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 06, 2017, 10:46:02 pm »

Robotic or not, you're probably asking for the Banshee to appear again in case those spiders count as innocent in her eyes.
>Yes?

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 18, 2017, 06:51:50 pm »

Just a question about the laser weapons: How would a certain laser deal extra damage without having penetrative power?

I'm assuming damage is a measure of the ability of a laser to melt a hole in something. Which would easily create a penetrative effect. I think.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 18, 2017, 07:15:23 pm »

Good question! Two reasons. The first is that most targets are moving, and for that matter the wielder tends to shake the weapon while firing it. A laser needs time to dig into something, and while a laser pulse can be many millionth's of a second long, it takes a lot of these pulses for it to dig a hole.

The second reason is more in-depth and I'm not a physicist, but my interpretation is that it would contribute to the problem.

Spoiler: Focal Length (click to show/hide)

There's also performance-based reasons, like having to get the matter out of the hole, and that being more difficult the deeper the hole is, but I'm not qualified to even take a guess at that.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 07:25:51 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10