Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Revised (v3.1.1 for v0.47.04)  (Read 154355 times)

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Revised (v2.1.0 for v0.44.12)
« Reply #360 on: July 05, 2019, 04:14:52 pm »

I'm officially taking Revised out of hiatus and to celebrate I opened a poll. Renamed creatures: yeah or neah? Please vote!

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Revised (v2.1.0 for v0.44.12) (Hiatus)
« Reply #361 on: July 05, 2019, 04:26:35 pm »

I'm going to get rid of scale leather entirely though, to be honest. Mod-added scaly creatures and randomly generated scaly creatures won't yield scale leather either, and I like consistency. It's also an unnecessary deviation from vanilla, IMO.

Modifying the SCALE_TEMPLATE to include the LEATHER token and MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SCALE prevents the need of a new scale_leather template.  When butchered, your tanners will simply tan the raw scale into "Creature" scale.  Then your dwarfs can run around with *alligator scale trousers* with only the addition of two tokens to one material template.

And hurray for end of hiatus!  Love your work with Revised.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 05, 2019, 06:55:55 pm »

Modifying the SCALE_TEMPLATE to include the LEATHER token and MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SCALE prevents the need of a new scale_leather template.  When butchered, your tanners will simply tan the raw scale into "Creature" scale.  Then your dwarfs can run around with *alligator scale trousers* with only the addition of two tokens to one material template.

I think I tried this before?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Almost every scaly creature explicitly removes parchment and leather materials, which is how I ended up with my current (just reverted) solution. In a way it would make much more sense to do what Wanderer did and go through the raws and replace STANDARD_MATERIALS with a new SCALES_MATERIALS and put the REMOVE_MATERIAL monkey business where it belongs, in a global place, but that's not the Revised way. Too many changes, too inconsistent with generated creatures.

And hurray for end of hiatus!  Love your work with Revised.

Thank you! I'll slowly plug away at the next release, cleaning a few things up, reviewing the Revised fork to see what I can bring back in, re-comparing with Sver's mod, and making chitin like bone. I wanted to add rawhide (or something similar) as a strong reward leather for dragon leather, hydra leather, and more, but I'm not seeing how to cleanly give it to megabeasts and such so I've scrapped the idea.

Cleaning up the expanded dictionary is still on the todo list and it feels like it'll take me a long time to sort out: however, this time I'm helping and deferring to GoblinCookie so at least it's not a blocker for the release. People can enjoy the word soup until it's properly cleaned up a little.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 07:03:32 pm by Taffer »

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 05, 2019, 08:00:06 pm »

As to material property balance, I say give chitin essentially identical properties to bone and call it a day.  In my personal mods (which includes chitin armor), I gave chitin slightly higher Shear/Tensile/Torsion/Bending properties over bone (but still less than copper), and identical Impact/Compression properties as bone. Its been very pleasing to play with dwarves sporting *Giant Cave Spider Chitin Helm* and -Giant Horseshoe Crab Chitin Breastplate- as lightweight training armor and general civilian militia garb.

This is done. Great idea. Chitin was already toughened in Revised and is now treated just like a stronger version of bone for the purposes of crafting (only large bugs though).

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Revised (v2.1.0 for v0.44.12)
« Reply #364 on: July 05, 2019, 08:42:13 pm »

I'll try to avoid further spam as I work on the short todo list I posted to Wannabehero. I've already started merging (some) of Vanilla-Spice Revised back into Revised proper. See the Gitlab commit history for details.

I just want to add that if anyone has any feature requests, now's a great time to speak up.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Revised v2.0.1 for v0.44.12. All creature descriptions rewritten!
« Reply #365 on: July 09, 2019, 10:33:35 am »

I've been working on helping the Expanded Dictionary get cleaned up, which is a significant amount of work in total. It's progressing, though. I can't help you if you're uncomfortable with some of the added words, though. I like them. I'm focusing on removing obscure words, not lewd ones.

I'm also still going through the differences between Vanilla-Spice Revised and Revised. I'll hold off on discussing this until I've completed the work, and then I can properly discuss which parts I'm keeping and which parts I'll leave to the forked version.

In the meantime, I'm trying to go back and address some of the wonderful criticism I've received in the past. Please keep it coming! I apologize if people think this is spam, but I'd like to follow up with the comments I've gotten so people don't feel ignored.

Then there are some other niggles. Tons of creatures that represent specific species get renamed into more generic animals, such as sperm whales becoming just whales, great white sharks becoming just sharks, and black mambas becoming just mambas. I don't think there's any reason to change this when the descriptions match those specific species.

Currently up for voting. I'll count this as a 'No' vote to the current poll if Burneddi hasn't logged in recently when the poll's closed.

Also, a handful of other creatures, such as blue jays, get renamed to remove spaces in their names, even though their proper names contain a space, but other creatures, such as large rats, don't.

Blue jays now have a space in their names again. I'll keep an eye out when I compare to vanilla again and see where else I went too far.

Lots and lots of creatures also gain CURIOUSBEAST tags. Many of them gain a very generous selection of them, often getting all three. While I haven't done extensive playtesting, CURIOUSBEAST creatures are among the most annoying things a fort can encounter, particularly in the beginning, so I suspect adding this many can make certain kinds of embarks much more annoying. Pretty much every single primate seemed to gain all three tokens, which is a bit odd because not even the premier annoying primate in DF, the rhesus macaque, is attracted to booze.

Might warrant a poll. I don't mind reverting it, but one of my biases for Revised is that I think the vanilla game is surprisingly easy, once you're used to the UI. I think primates nicking supplies is nice flavor, even if it's not necessarily always realistic. As I admitted elsewhere, I've hardly played recently, so I'd appreciate some insight. If I don't hear much I'll try to playtest this myself.

The new leather types are pretty nice, but I don't think "feather" makes any sense. Feathers are generally used without being attached to the skin. I suspect this might be because they don't stay attached to the skin very well after the tanning process, but I don't know.

Reverted. 'Feather' leather no longer exists, it's just named leather. I'll think about whether I want 'fur' to continue existing (right now giant cat leather, for example, is usually renamed to fur) and whether I want 'hide' to continue (intelligent leather, applied inconsistently). I'd always intended to implement Wanderer's tiered leather, but I had concerns about balancing the leather, I didn't like that megabeasts wouldn't get awesome leather, and people said they didn't like simplified leather. All of which lead me to my current system as a sort of apologetic replacement, where certain types of leather are at least named differently. Perhaps they deliberately keep the feathers on while tanning. Apparently this didn't work as well as I'd hoped.

Also, many creatures that have coarse, short hair are tagged as being furry in their description (ie. [TLCM_NOUN:fur:SINGULAR]), but in common use the words used for the hair of these animals (eg. cows, horses) is just hair, and their skin (with the hair attached) is called hide. This is a bit nitpicky, though!

Reverted. Hair is referred to as such in the descriptions again, not fur.

Quote from: DF wiki
Because ewes and rams have the same total body size, the added horns on rams actually make the rest of their body slightly smaller than an ewe's.

pls fix? ;)

I'm not going to fix this. I know I obsess over adjusting creature descriptions and adding flavor, but tweaking this seems like a lot of extra differences from vanilla for very little payoff. This doesn't come out in-game in any meaningful way. I might report this to Toady, though.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 10:49:55 am by Taffer »

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
Re: Revised v2.0.1 for v0.44.12. All creature descriptions rewritten!
« Reply #366 on: July 09, 2019, 03:26:39 pm »

Lots and lots of creatures also gain CURIOUSBEAST tags. Many of them gain a very generous selection of them, often getting all three. While I haven't done extensive playtesting, CURIOUSBEAST creatures are among the most annoying things a fort can encounter, particularly in the beginning, so I suspect adding this many can make certain kinds of embarks much more annoying. Pretty much every single primate seemed to gain all three tokens, which is a bit odd because not even the premier annoying primate in DF, the rhesus macaque, is attracted to booze.

To weigh on on this: the CURIOUS suggestions were partially mine, which Taffer ran with. My thought has always been that the majority of DF wildlife fails to interact with your fort, and that's regrettable. Hunting for meat and other products quickly becomes irrelevant in vanilla DF, and only bears, Keas and macaques use CURIOUS tags to interact with your fort. Adding more of these allows for those interactions to happen outside the narrow biomes which may not even have those creatures. This is especially true for magical creatures like satyrs which, being sentient and unkillable, have no purpose other than cruel slaughter for slaughter's sake.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Revised (v2.1.0 for v0.44.12) (New poll up!)
« Reply #367 on: July 22, 2019, 05:42:34 pm »

I've finished bringing Revised up to speed with its fork. I thought of sending long emails to Warlord255 about this but I'd rather get community feedback. Please respond with your thoughts, whoever is reading this!

Before I continue: none of this is intended to be a slight against Warlord255. We just have different visions for the future of Revised. I'm posting this in large part because I want to give people a chance to disagree with me, and because I thought Warlord255's work deserved a thorough look. Everything I list below is a feature of Vanilla-Spice Revised that I didn't include. There's plenty I did include, and I'll discuss that when I finish the new version.

I uploaded a cleaned version of Vanilla-Spice Revised for Warlord255 here. It should be identical to Revised, except for the changes I didn't integrate. It doesn't contain every file of the original mod, either. It's literally meant as a basis for the next version of Vanilla-Spice Revised, because the fewer the differences between the two mods the more we can lean on each other.

VSR gives animal people grasping tails
This adds a lot of changes to the base files and I'm concerned about side effects, such as mittens going on tails and such. I also have a bit of trouble seeing how legless animal people can use their tails to attack or hold things, seeing as they're currently using it for balance.

VSR gives many creatures (mainly snakes) mischievous tags
The effect is great "A copperhead snake! Drive it away!", but I'm concerned about side effects, as above. Not every fort has its levers buried away somewhere, I've built above-ground forts in the past.

VSR makes animal people dwarf sized
I actually prefer the flavor of vanilla, to be honest. I see Revised as being about look and feel first of all, bug-fixing second, and gameplay tweaks a distant third. This leaned a little too far into "gameplay tweaks" territory for my comfort.

VSR gives many creatures classes that it doesn't use, like PORCINE or ANIMAL_PERSON
I think this is laying the groundwork for a big update. Not adding to Revised until I see where it's going.

VSR adds new, deadlier attacks for some creatures
As I stated earlier, I'm wary of gameplay tweaks. Especially when I already gave up on Revised once already. As with everything on the list I'm open to persuasion. I'm especially reconsidering adding this: I might have been too harsh on the extra attacks.

VSR gives worm people utterances and buffs them
See the comments about gameplay tweaks. I did integrate the skill improvements Warlord255 added for all(?) animal people, but worm people were buffed above and beyond this. I'm on the fence, so I didn't add it. I'm not sure off-hand what all the UTTERANCES tag does, so I erred on the side of caution.

VSR rework crows and magpies as proper creatures, not vermin
Why can't they be vermin? I can see why it's inconsistent with other creatures, though. The new Modest Mod thread has at least one person suggesting that more creatures be made vermin. It means quite a few changes from vanilla either way though, so I'm wary of it.

mosquito males were made consistent with female mosquitos
I kind of like the flavor, where mosquito women are deadly and mosquito men kind of aren't.

VSR makes gnomes talk as SOUND tags
This is interesting, and many of the quips are well written. These are the only SOUND tags that I didn't add, however, because gnomes are described as mute in my descriptions (including VSR's descriptions), and considered such in gameplay. I may as well mention here that I'll probably go back and remove a few of the vocalizations I added (like creatures flicking their tongues), because a few don't make sense to me as loud noises.

VSR makes evil gnomes not benign
I don't mind evil gnomes actually being kind of benign. I'll defer to Toady here.

VSR makes sharks and carp crazed
I'm concerned I've already gone too far in the "make the game arbitrarily harder" direction, with all the CURIOUS item stealing tags everywhere and the new harder farming changes I integrated. This doesn't seem particularly realistic either, to be honest.

VSR gives cave_adapted to underground creatures
Interesting change. I was on the fence about it. I ended up not adding this because it needed quite a few changes and I didn't think it would come out in gameplay enough. I also want to do proper gameplay testing for this release and to be honest I didn't feel like adding this to my testing to-do list.

VSR increases the frequency of elemental humanoids underground
I'm happy with the vanilla frequency. I'm not much of a fan of the elemental humanoids anyway.

VSR ravens steal things
There's already some concern about this, so I opted not to add more stealing creatures to the current pile.

VSR removes vermin attacks because they don't attack correctly
I've never noticed this coming out in-game as a bug? I'm wary of including fixes for things that don't actually affect my gameplay, but I might be wrong about this one.

VSR dwarves don't stress as easily
I'm reasonably confident that Toady will look at fixing stress 'soonish', so I don't want to worry about fixing it now. Will revisit if it bothers me in gameplay and it's not fixed when Toady starts working on the Myths and Magic release.

VSR humans aren't benign, and they're a little smaller
I'm happy to defer to Toady here.

VSR kobolds aren't as tiny, they spit fireballs, and they mature faster (10 instead of 12)
I don't mind kobolds being weak. I stated earlier that I'm wary of including too many gameplay tweaks and I'm not really trying to rebalance the game, to be honest.

VSR yetis and sasquatches are a little more frequent
I like them being rare, to be honest.

VSR makes some changes to snake people - color changes, names, cluster_number, descriptions are different (from an older version of revised?)
There were some mistakes here, like how copperhead snake people are partly renamed to rattlesnake people, which already exist. It also removes the bit of flavor I gave copperhead snake people (copper heads) and uses (I think) an older version of snake people descriptions. All in all I decided to keep things as I have them, but I avoided changing this back. There were a few other VSR bugs here or there that I fixed in the upload I left for Warlord255, but I left these changes alone.

VSR adds wooden training maces and hammers
I'll see what Sver uploaded and defer to that mod if I need them.

From the VSR description: 'Dwarf civs have fewer domestic animals by default to reduce migrant pet clutter'
I'd prefer to leave this as vanilla.

VSR removes the expanded dictionary
I'm in the middle of cleaning it up a little, so for now I'm still going to use the expanded dictionary.

VSR adds new food interactions, like raw meat euphoria for carnivores, plant euphoria for herbivores, blood sucking euphoria, cheese euphoria, and a special raw plump helmet syndrome
I thought this stuff was damn interesting and (with reference to the cheese) kind of funny, but I decided against keeping this. Surely if all you eat is meat, then eating meat would seem mundane to you. Mostly I just didn't want the extensive CREATURE_CLASS modifications needed to get this to work properly. VSR also changes alcohol's CE_FEEL_EMOTION:EMOTION:EUPHORIA from :75 to :50, but I left things as default.

VSR adds stone and wax ammo
See the many previous statements about gameplay additions.

VSR adds an automatic quarry bush processing interaction
Of all the things I didn't merge this one was the one I regretted most. Maybe I'll change my mind. But I already had to remove Microreduce because it caused non-obvious bugs, I'm wary of repeating that.

VSR adds mining and forging sicknesses
This isn't just gameplay additions, it's gameplay additions with somewhat extensive balancing and raw tags required. While I think the idea is a great one, I don't want the burden of maintaining it, to be honest.

VSR adds flint and bog iron
I'm just repeating myself at this point. More gameplay features means more things to balance and debug. My personal focus for Revised is harmless lore changes (what you read, how things look).

VSR changes bauxite and periclase display tiles
I'm not sure why, to be honest. I left things as vanilla.

VSR gives non-grey/brown/white stones a higher value
I just didn't see this as affecting gameplay enough to justify its inclusion.

Thank you, Warlord255.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 06:40:57 pm by Taffer »

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 25, 2019, 05:27:28 pm »

A DFFD upload just for me? Aww, you shouldn't have! <3

RL stuff has kept me from working on the project for a while, so I'm very happy that some of my work has made it into Revised, especially the subtler flavor tweaks (like vocalizations, and tigers being able to clean themselves.)

I'm more than happy to defer on the gameplay changes - many of which are, admittedly, extreme. Many of them are for insect-persons (a personal bias) to help them overcome their relative frailty, such as the Worm Men bonuses. I honestly hadn't though about snake-men wearing mittens on their tails, though...

Regardless, thanks again for thinking of me! I'll be watching this space for further updates.  :)

DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #369 on: July 25, 2019, 05:50:37 pm »

I've just added some Comments (some just personal opinion) and my Modders Knowledge to some scenarios. I didn't answer it all, as some of the points are points only a mod's author/visionary (I believe) should be the one to have the say in.

VSR gives animal people grasping tails
This adds a lot of changes to the base files and I'm concerned about side effects, such as mittens going on tails and such. I also have a bit of trouble seeing how legless animal people can use their tails to attack or hold things, seeing as they're currently using it for balance.

if the tail lacks a LEFT or RIGHT token it should be fine, because crafted gloves have "handedness" so they shouldn't be putting a glove on it. If anything creatures that use it for STANCE will probably have socks and boots

VSR makes animal people dwarf sized
I actually prefer the flavor of vanilla, to be honest. I see Revised as being about look and feel first of all, bug-fixing second, and gameplay tweaks a distant third. This leaned a little too far into "gameplay tweaks" territory for my comfort.

I feel any "small" creature should be between 50k and 60k Kobold/Goblin sizes. But mid sized creatures would be 70k Human sized and maybe 80 to 90k for the "large" creatures, but I could see that being a lot of work to go through and adjust those sizes for those animal-men

VSR gives worm people utterances and buffs them
See the comments about gameplay tweaks. I did integrate the skill improvements Warlord255 added for all(?) animal people, but worm people were buffed above and beyond this. I'm on the fence, so I didn't add it. I'm not sure off-hand what all the UTTERANCES tag does, so I erred on the side of caution.

Only commenting on the UTTERANCES portion. UTTERANCES from testing from another modder, and validated by me and others. Just makes it so the creature will use RNG gibberish language, it was previously believed that it would incite war with them if they were a civ, but that was due to not having CAN_SPEAK.

Also you can combine CAN_SPEAK and UTTERANCES to have a speaking race that just doesn't use a translation and names everything in gibberish.

VSR rework crows and magpies as proper creatures, not vermin
Why can't they be vermin? I can see why it's inconsistent with other creatures, though. The new Modest Mod thread has at least one person suggesting that more creatures be made vermin. It means quite a few changes from vanilla either way though, so I'm wary of it.

Currently I'm going off of bodysize to make something VERMIN or not, because somethings are like 30k and vermin but then something that is 20k is not? doesn't make sense. Also they're so small they don't even yield much in butchering so being a full creature is more of a joke. However doing this as you've stated is quite a change to vanilla, I just wanted to add my 2 cents (more creatures should be vermin)

VSR makes sharks and carp crazed
I'm concerned I've already gone too far in the "make the game arbitrarily harder" direction, with all the CURIOUS item stealing tags everywhere and the new harder farming changes I integrated. This doesn't seem particularly realistic either, to be honest.

having them CRAZED would just mean they'd attack anything that isn't a SHARK or CARP. Basically making them an apex predator. Ofcourse that means anything going into the ocean or rivers/lakes (undead, wild, civilized) is gonna get attacked by these things.

Carp already enjoy attacking people, this would just make them more hostile than badgers.

VSR gives cave_adapted to underground creatures
Interesting change. I was on the fence about it. I ended up not adding this because it needed quite a few changes and I didn't think it would come out in gameplay enough. I also want to do proper gameplay testing for this release and to be honest I didn't feel like adding this to my testing to-do list.

Personal Opinion here, if they're already underground creatures they should already have a perfect LOW_LIGHT_VISION but maybe a lower VIEWRANGE (under default 20) however be able to SENSE or SMELL really good. However creatures like Dwarves tend to be a mix of underground yet surface faring creatures, so being able to "cave_adapt" makes sense in their context, and the vomiting from one that's adapted to the underworld.

VSR removes vermin attacks because they don't attack correctly
I've never noticed this coming out in-game as a bug? I'm wary of including fixes for things that don't actually affect my gameplay, but I might be wrong about this one.

I've never seen this as an issue either. The worse case could be when an Animal_Man CV is applied, but I'm sure the CV removes all ATTACK tokens anyways, then re-adds attacks after.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 29, 2019, 03:32:30 pm »

Please vote in the poll if you haven't already! It's relatively close, but with only 15 votes I feel I don't have enough data yet. Deciding the fate of the simple names is a blocker for the next release though for me and I don't want to wait forever, so if things stay as they are I'll still defer to the winner.

I've just added some Comments (some just personal opinion) and my Modders Knowledge to some scenarios. I didn't answer it all, as some of the points are points only a mod's author/visionary (I believe) should be the one to have the say in.

Thank you kindly for your thoughts. It's appreciated. I'll go over VSR again with your feedback in mind. Also, feel free to disagree with me if you have comments pertaining to my mod's vision: I won't be offended and I always appreciate feedback. Sometimes my gut reaction to things is an incorrect one. I've had second thoughts since I made my post about the importance of gameplay additions and how arbitrary the lines I draw sometimes are.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 03:40:49 pm by Taffer »

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 29, 2019, 04:14:27 pm »

I'm currently bringing Revised up to speed with Sver's Combat Mod 1.5. This is another big job because Sver's item files are completely different from vanilla so I can't directly compare things: I need to cut and paste and re-create the vanilla files before I can start integrating it.

I'd love some feedback here: the absurdity of denying some of the new VSR stuff to keep things simple and vanilla yet turning around and bringing in the huge swathes of Sver's work isn't lost on me (I'll probably add more of VSR in).

Do people like vanilla combat? Am I unnecessarily re-balancing things? I just haven't played enough (yet, I'm working on it) to form a good opinion about this. Before I integrated Sver's work I had a kind of middle-ground, where the old Consistent Weapons mod and little combat improvements here and there were added, but there weren't the extensive combat changes that I have now. Consistent Weapons wasn't as polished or as extensive as Sver's work but it made far fewer changes, at least, and fewer changes means less potential for bugs and less work for me comparing files.

I do really like Sver's mod, though, so I'm inclined to keep using it. I also honestly have more confidence in Sver and Grimlocke than Toady right now as far as weapons and combat goes: I love Toady, but the vanilla game is rather imbalanced and quirky as far as combat goes and that likely won't change until he spends a development cycle focused on it.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 04:19:00 pm by Taffer »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 29, 2019, 04:48:08 pm »

The only thing I don't like about vanilla combat is the ease that upper spinal tissue is bruised.

Also, opinion on some other stuff

Stone values: Fair to leave them as is, but it sounds like something meant to make cinnabar, cobaltite, and olivine worth something, since despite thier relative rarity, they're just as valuable as other junk stone (that is to say, practically worthless unless worked by a master craftsman.) Sort of like tin and nickle despite thier rarity and necessity for a more useful alloy (bronze) or a material a dwarf wants (so they stop complaining about "not acquiring anything.")

Training maces and hammers: It's strange that it's not a thing to begin with in vanilla.

Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 29, 2019, 04:55:28 pm »

Vanilla combat is really problematic in many ways. I really appreciate the work, considering that I tore my hair out trying to build a rebalance about 1.5 years ago.

The three of your works are a great help as I'm getting back into DF again.

On the above notes, I really like the Bog Iron addition and the stress clamping. Having a middle ground iron source is really nice and leads to less site searching, but more importantly the stress clamping helps avoid the need to use DFhack to clear out stress.

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 30, 2019, 12:37:50 am »

leaving names unsimplified allows easier integration with other mods. Something that will be very important with the impending Dwarf Fortress Steam Release and Steam Workshop.
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33