Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Revised (v3.1.1 for v0.47.04)  (Read 150655 times)

Llamageddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Revised v1.5.1 for v0.44.09. All creature descriptions rewritten!
« Reply #150 on: April 15, 2018, 03:14:13 pm »

Thanks for the reply. I reckon I can survive, good advice on adventure mode. Follow up question, if Meph hasn't released his updated launcher with tweaks, will just copying your update into the objects folder just break things? I am so impatient. :P

Edit: Just realised this is a stupid question to ask you as despite new breakthroughs in quantumn entanglement you are still not Meph so wouldn't know the answer to this question.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 12:10:08 pm by Llamageddon »

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 19, 2018, 09:07:40 am »

The next update won't be out for at least a few days due to some computer issues. This weekend or next is likely, though. I haven't abandoned Revised, I just can't work on it at the moment.

ThoMeuhGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 19, 2018, 10:42:13 am »

No problem, take your time :) Thank you for letting us know

Llamageddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 19, 2018, 12:32:57 pm »

Yeah, thanks for the progress report and for your time.

RedDwarfStepper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 24, 2018, 03:06:09 pm »

Thank you for keeping up the good work!

I used 1.3.1 of Revised and was about to automatically merge 1.5.1 with the raws of Phoebus tileset.
And there is exactly one tiny error in line 3298 of creature_temperate_new.txt, a misplaced "]" tag at the start of the line, and another "]" at the end of the line.
(https://gitlab.com/spiral-king/df-revised/blob/master/raw/objects/creature_temperate_new.txt#L3298)
Since I don't have a gitlab account I hope it is okay to report it here.

Cheers!

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 24, 2018, 09:20:30 pm »

Thank you for keeping up the good work!

I used 1.3.1 of Revised and was about to automatically merge 1.5.1 with the raws of Phoebus tileset.
And there is exactly one tiny error in line 3298 of creature_temperate_new.txt, a misplaced "]" tag at the start of the line, and another "]" at the end of the line.
(https://gitlab.com/spiral-king/df-revised/blob/master/raw/objects/creature_temperate_new.txt#L3298)
Since I don't have a gitlab account I hope it is okay to report it here.

Cheers!

Fixed. Thank you kindly for the report. No worries, here works as well as GitLab.

Aelforth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 25, 2018, 02:46:21 am »

Hey Taffer, I love the work that you've done here. I'm working on a sort of personal modded project, a for-fun overhaul I've always wanted to do but put off time and again. It's public on github though, and if it ends up the way I want may even get a formal release so I'd like to ask your permission to include your Revised edits with it. There's not much to it yet, but a link is here: https://github.com/Aelforth/Keepsake_DF/wiki

None of that is finalized, but should convey the gist of it. Thanks again for the work, it's been fun playing in fort mode with it installed.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 25, 2018, 11:29:06 am »

Hey Taffer, I love the work that you've done here. I'm working on a sort of personal modded project, a for-fun overhaul I've always wanted to do but put off time and again. It's public on github though, and if it ends up the way I want may even get a formal release so I'd like to ask your permission to include your Revised edits with it. There's not much to it yet, but a link is here: https://github.com/Aelforth/Keepsake_DF/wiki

None of that is finalized, but should convey the gist of it. Thanks again for the work, it's been fun playing in fort mode with it installed.

Go ahead, thanks for asking! I hope you'll keep merging in my new versions. If you find any problems or have any edits that fit in with Revised, let me know!

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 01, 2018, 03:45:34 pm »

Well, this is a goal I can get behind. I've been doing something similar for a good while myself. I wanna help!

I cobbled myself a gitlab account and I've already put up fixes to a few silly bugs I ran into, so you'll know that's me.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 02, 2018, 09:00:43 pm »

Does Revised allow the crafting of all the things that could be crafted when using the DF Wanderer mod in Adventure Moe?

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 03, 2018, 01:10:52 pm »

More pointless rambling, but presumably rambling is better than silence.

I'm back to working on Revised. I'm going to polish up the next release and include some bug fixes, but I'm wary for the moment of the larger mods and changes I've been eyeing. I'll take my time to grok things like Wanderer's tiered leather and the Bonfire/Blacklung mod, so I can avoid introducing bugs like I did with Microreduce. I'll get this release out, polish Revised up with the little fixes on my todo list, and then take my time reviewing the larger mods I'm eyeing. I'm also kind of waiting to see what interface improvements Toady introduces before proceeding with tiered leather or other possible simplifications. This probably all seems like I'm contradicting myself (as I just finished integrating lots of the modest mod again), but those little fixes were all straightforward to understand. It's the larger changes I'm wary of.

I'll also be doing another editing round on the descriptions . As Meph found, my descriptions are short on useful gameplay information and long on flavour but to be honest I like it that way. I'm all about flavour.

My intention is to get my entire todo list done for Revised and get it into a stable state. I have a long term secret project for Revised that I want to start working on, and the big myths and magic wait is a good time to do it.

Well, this is a goal I can get behind. I've been doing something similar for a good while myself. I wanna help!

I cobbled myself a gitlab account and I've already put up fixes to a few silly bugs I ran into, so you'll know that's me.

Thank you for the contributions! I'll merge them in tonight and comment them. It's really appreciated.

Does Revised allow the crafting of all the things that could be crafted when using the DF Wanderer mod in Adventure Moe?

No, for the reasons I mentioned above. I try to mention every change and feature in the opening post. A file full of new reactions is exactly the kind of thing I'm wary of including without thoroughly reviewing it, and I admit to just not being terribly interested in the new reactions.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 01:37:17 pm by Taffer »

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Revised v1.6.0 for v0.44.09. All creature descriptions rewritten!
« Reply #161 on: May 03, 2018, 11:35:43 pm »

Released version v1.6.0. Thank you to everyone that contributed! The focus of this release was mostly bringing most of the little Modest Mod fixes back in, adding in Warlord255's fixes, along with editing descriptions here and there and fixing every bug in Revised that everyone can find. This release will require a new game and fresh, vanilla raws to install over. I highly recommend modders use a diff tool to see the exact changes I made between releases, as there's quite a few of them. As always, the features are all (or almost all) in the opening post.

Coming up next are small features, combat rebalancing courtesy of Deon, Sven, Grimlocke, and DoomOnion, and another round or two of description editing. I don't want to get too caught up on editing descriptions again, so I'll try not to take too long. After, looking at some larger mods like Wanderer's tiered leather and Bonfire/Blacklung can start. I decided to delay that work to give myself time to review it properly, as explained above. There's still some parts of the Modest Mod that I want to review (magma safe/non magma safe masonry reactions, egg clutch rebalancing, for example), and everything else I've mentioned are on various todo lists.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 08:30:57 am by Taffer »

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
Re: Revised v1.6.1 for v0.44.10. All creature descriptions rewritten!
« Reply #162 on: May 09, 2018, 07:15:16 am »

Incredibly tiny bug:  Elf spear-throwers list their ammo as THROWING_SPEAR, but the throwing spears are listed as CLASS:THROWING_SPEARS, so they can't actually fire the spears.  Super easy fix, obviously.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Revised v1.6.2 for v0.44.10. All creature descriptions rewritten!
« Reply #163 on: May 09, 2018, 09:22:42 pm »

Incredibly tiny bug:  Elf spear-throwers list their ammo as THROWING_SPEAR, but the throwing spears are listed as CLASS:THROWING_SPEARS, so they can't actually fire the spears.  Super easy fix, obviously.

Thanks for the bug report! That bug was newly introduced. I've released v1.6.2 to fix it.

Honestly, I'll probably get rid of the spear throwers. I liked when they wielded "atlatls", but that seemed like an unnecessarily foreign term. I simplified it to the more familiar "spear thrower", but now I admit to wincing a little when I think about it. At least "atlatl" sounded exotic.

The problem with their bows is that their wooden arrows are terrible. Perhaps crossbows are a better idea, and leave bows to the goblins. Or have special "elf only" arrows. If anybody has an idea here, let me know.

CarpBiter2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Revised v1.6.2 for v0.44.10. All creature descriptions rewritten!
« Reply #164 on: May 10, 2018, 02:15:32 am »

have special "elf only" arrows
They already have their hardened wood, might as well use it for projectiles too.
If anybody has an idea here, let me know.
Is it possible to make the elves use poison? Poisoned arrows, or poisoned blowdart thingies would fit well with the overall theme, I think.

And you can also make them throw bees. BEES!
http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Hornet_Throwers_(M2TW-K-AC_unit)
I don't think it's possible. Or practial. But it would be awesome, because bees.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The lake unfroze, the ducks drowned.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33