Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 185730 times)

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #2160 on: June 20, 2018, 05:09:23 pm »

Sucy was VERY pleased at the bit of pocket money you gave her. She basically ran off shortly after getting it, not even bothering to say 'Thank you'. You'd be miffed about that if you weren't aware that she was probably at least a little bit off when it comes to social matters. You don't even question it any more, and you're also at least 70 percent sure you don't actually want to know where she gets her ingredients. Still, if she can get it from 90 bucks, you don't question it. After that is handled, however, you decide that you're going to need a little backup of the adorable variety. Is it still child soldiers when they're your kids and they're just spiders? Probably, but you don't intend to use them as cannon fodder, exactly. The real question is where in the hell you're going to find some tough meat to lay your egg in. You can't exactly use a steak, it needs to be large. And you don't have the money to get a carcass of something from a butcher shop or something. You're going to ruin the meat by default, after all. For the first time, you kind of wish there was some sort of convenient assassin around for you to stab. Not a healthy thought, most likely, but them's the breaks. You decide to go hunting, instead, hoping to find something big enough to properly stab. The average alley cat isn't going to cut it, not to mention it's probably too cute to plant a chestburster on. Giant bats SEEM like an option, but you've been told the meat is kind of lacklustre. Fairly lean meat, without a whole lot of actual nutrients. If you ate three square meals a day with giant bat, you'd still starve to death from lack of nutrition. It's still tasty, mind you, but the lack of fat or other bits make it less than ideal. Considering you don't want more albino children (what a waste), you're going to need something more sturdy.
Maybe you'll think of something? (Write-in a specific example of victim. )

When Sucy came back, she quickly got to work, not even sparing you a glance. She already had her gas mask on, though, so it was hard to tell if she really didn't spare a glance of some sort. Which also makes you realize that the masks have arrived. They look a little cheaper than the ones the police forces were using, but it'll probably do well enough for what you intend. If Sucy trusts it enough to make her stuff with them on, they probably work. After she made a gravitational black hole in potion form, you decided that whatever it is she does, it probably works really well. Or it went catastrophically wrong, but in your favour, but whatever. No need to think so negatively, ay?
Still, while she's making her random grabbag of bombs, you consider slipping a note under the door (you are not entering the room with mysterious gasses) to maybe ask for something specific. Do you really want that foam bomb? Then ask for it here. Even outside of the first intention of causing a unnecessarily painful death, blocking off a corridor has its own uses, or you could even use to lock a door in a hurry. You'll have to see what she can do with her own selection of ingredients, and you suspect you're going to have something pretty awesome regardless, considering the pockey money you gave her.
Now on to the last thing on your shopping list...

Flak jackets are quite varied, all in all. The merchant seemed a bit sweaty as you went over the different options, clearly hoping you'll leave soon. A few nervous gazes at your cursed arm indicated that why. Then again, it might be the reason the small bastard hasn't outright removed you from the store yet.
The basic jacket is meant for small arms fire, basically the smaller pistols available. It won't stop much, sure, but you'll be glad its there in a pinch. That will set you back about 20 bucks.
The next step up is a little more protective. It'll protect you from small-calibre rifles and some of the larger pistols, and even comes with some shoulder protection. This one costs 40 bucks. The most bang for your buck, here.
Then, you get into the more government-issued variants. The first one is the SWAT-team vest, protecting the torso against most commonly available arms fire. Of course, that doesn't mean it won't hurt, and they generally aren't meant to take too many hits. That's a solid 70 bucks, but the weaselly salesman promises its worth it
The final set available is red-colored, and costs 100 bucks. Apparently this thing is capable of stopping even the hardest-hitting guns around, but the price tag is pretty painful. 100 bucks for something that only covers the chest seems like a bit much.
You do note that there is a final option available, but he remarks that he just keeps it as a display model. It's called the Bulldozer Suit, and has its origins in a bomb disposal unit that they decided to turn into a maximum force response. It covers the user top to bottom in thick kevlar, metal and whatever else. It takes exceptional training to even be able to move in this suit, but the people that manage it are the rocks upon which an assault can lie. Many shadow-runners found their end at the hands of a charging bulldozer, or more specifically the large gun they tend to lug around. You keep that in mind, in case you ever decide to get into some serious trouble.

Take your pick in choice of meat for a kid, specific bombs from Sucy and your kevlar vest. Then, the assault begins.

Basic Stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: June 20, 2018, 10:00:10 pm »

Well Alexia will cry if we don't have a foam bomb to shove down the Queen's throat. So we should make sure to get one of those!

A lamia would probably produce an intimidating baby spider, but no not even a little bit just no. Anything large enough to be worth it is probably claimed, and we don't have time to track down a bounty... I'd kind of like to make sure we have eggs for Her Ladyship the Queen too...

We should be able to carry some heavy chest-armour, I am inclined to splurge there. ims are difficult to aim for and head-armour isn't on offer...
P.S.
Special Weapons And Tactics? Not "Special Magic And Tactics"? Oh, I guess dwarves aren't so enthused about overt magic, but they would have to have magical gear... Special Enchantments And Tactics?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: June 20, 2018, 10:12:55 pm »

TACTICAL BREACH WIZARDS

No foam bomb. We are NOT using Alexia here, too risky.
Getting the 40 dollariedoo vest. Cause it says best value, right on the front! If there's anything that's not blocked fairly well by the 40, I don't want to get at by it anyway. If we see a dude with a fucking sniper rifle, we just shoot that dude first.
We probably want some kind of corrosive bomb here, in case we run into something hardened against pressure and shrapnel. I bet Sucy has that covered already though.
Are dispelling grenades a thing? Can we get Sucy to make a thing we can throw to knock down a magical shield or other protection? If so, let's go for that.
I'm not sure about meat. Could we find some sort of big mole thing? That seems like a thing that might conceivably exist and have good flesh-qualities.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: June 20, 2018, 11:45:46 pm »

No news about an notorious orc thug somewhere? we could ambush and kill it. maybe an alley thug or something,

if we don't end in thinking in something, just try to remove the eggsack and see if it can survive under the right conditions, ask sucy/meandra if they know something that might work. maybe we could store our "seeds" to plant later, or sucy could make an spider chemical bomb whatever we have time for it later, forget about making kids now, let's get sure we get

For me it's okay to get at least one foam bomb and let sucy be creative with the rest be it to block an entrance or be it if alexia take control of us anyway against our will

we will be using gas mask, there is no need for face protection right now. the 40 or 100 bucks armor is okay the objective is that our chest will not get more holes than a sea-sponge (?) I prefer the later, I think it will be the only thing we can get outside here.

we forgot to ask about  buying a shield, it's been a time we don't use it, I don't even remember what the fuck happened to our grassy A E S T H E T I C shield
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: June 21, 2018, 01:10:53 am »

we forgot to ask about  buying a shield, it's been a time we don't use it, I don't even remember what the fuck happened to our grassy A E S T H E T I C shield
It was lost in the bratty vampire arc. Crusaders destroy all things good and nice in the world...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: June 21, 2018, 02:02:23 am »

Eh, giant hand makes the shield less important as we can probably block pretty good with just that.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: June 21, 2018, 05:25:43 pm »

Alright, I've made a couple of toys. But promise me you'll tell me exactly how they worked, or to do it when I'm there. I want to see what these things do to living flesh.
Can you also tell me what they do? Because the fact that I'm wielding a satchel filled with the most unstable chemicals known to man is kind of risky enough.
They're actually very stable, apart from one, as long as they don't get a burst of oxygen. And the unstable one is by design.
Please get to the explaining part already?
No need to get snippy. Alright, so I've given you two incendiaries. They're marked with the yellow paper. Just throw it on whatever you want to be on fire for a while. Of course, this is more a psychological weapon, as you've got better option for actually removing something from play. If you really want to burn something, use my thermite bombs. That stuff will eat through metal in seconds. You can also detonate it after placing, it's very stable as long as you don't light the fuse. We've got about three of those, but I'll be holding on to two. I don't want you to explode when shot, especially if you're to be protecting me while I test. 
I'd complain, but it IS kind of what I do.
I know. Now, I've also given you a shock bomb. I guarantee you this thing is going to knock out any of their electronics, and will also melt whatever meltable tissue there is if applied to a living target. You've only got one, and do not share these with the cops. The legal hassle is not worth it, and it would be a shame after all the work I did to get the materials. Next up, foam bomb. You requested this one, but you didn't specify. I can see the use, though, so it's extra sticky. Throw this on a door, and you'd need a pickaxe to get it open again. Or one of the thermite charges. Also a decent non-lethal take-down, but the effect is too limited. Keep it for something dangerous, if you want to use it like that. Now, the fun stuff.
She develops an almost maniacal grin as she opens up a special metal briefcase. It has some soft foam on the inside to keep the three special bombs. Simple, smooth, and with a notable red button encased in glass.
I call these the Opus Bombs. I've been working on their formulas for years, but with what the dwarves have, I could finally create them. This one, She points to the one on the left, marked with a purple alpha signal. This beauty weakens the veil between our reality and the closest nearby. Theoretically, it opens up a portal to hell. The one belonging to the dwarven god of fury, mind. I don't know exactly what to expect, but the use is two-fold. One is summoning a dangerous neutral entity, but i think the most powerful part is that the portal will slice through anything. Not to mention, the demon that comes through only turns solid once it leaves. Throw it under something, and it would fuse the demon to whatever it's still inside of. A guaranteed kill, no matter how powerful. Demon blood is famously acidic. You might want to keep some SERIOUS distance, though.

You can't help but sweat a little as she really gets into her crimes against nature/physics/common sense. She seems rather excited about the whole thing. You're pretty sure she's never talked this much in one go, before, so you're damned sure she's excited.
The next one, marked with the beta symbol, does something similar. It's another "portal", but it's actually a gravity well. I've actually given you one like this, but this one is on a much, much grander scale. It forces anything within 3 meters into a pinprick of pure gravitational force... So much force, in fact, it should actually affect colour and TIME around it. Needless to say, keep your distance. I was only able to theorise what this will do to a living being, and the leading one is "spaghettification". I'll let you wonder what that implies. The effect lasts for about five seconds, and while the pull is impossible at 3 meters to resist, if I calculated it right, it should have an extreme pull up to ten meters, and beyond that it shouldn't be anything you can't stop by standing firm. You should be fine, with your physiology.
You're quite glad there's a glass button in place to stop that thing from firing. There is a pang of regret about asking her to go wild on her bombs.
Finally. Omega. I want you to be very, very careful with this thing. Because, if left alone, it will eat the entire city.
...Are you handing me something that will kill us all if it goes off?
Only if you're not careful. Inside this thing is a self-replicating sort of acid creature. Now, I use "acid" because you'd recognize it, but technically it's a base. Point is, this creature is a slime-like amorph that will eat away at nearly anything that isn't metal. It will take in any mass it can collect, and grow in size. Allowing it to swallow more and more. Needless to say, this is incredibly dangerous, and more importantly, extremely exciting! Just think of the possibility... Now, of course, i'm not stupid.
You are at least a little bit insane, though.
She just laughts at this. A very toothy grin, reminding you of just how sharp her teeth are. You're glad she on your side, at least.
I made it so that it will only move up to a certain point. The base it uses to digest the materials will naturally fizzle out after about twenty minutes of exposure to oxygen... in theory. If that doesn't work, I have a back-up defuser available to me. Or, worst case scenario, you use the beta-bomb. The fact it stays as connected as possible means it will be sucked in entirely. I don't know where things end up when sucked up in that black hole, but I don't think it's my problem at that point.

This is absolutely insane. I got this for 90 dollars.
Yes. Good value, no?
I'm going to have these on my person. In a firefight. I'm starting to see the minor problems presented by this.
If something goes wrong, there won't be enough of you to REMEMBER.
Goodness.
She laughs again. That smile tells of mischief that goes beyond anything that should allowed. And, in this case, you're pretty sure it IS really, really illegal.
Well, if nothing else, you're geared up. You snuggle the flak jacket on, nothing that it's just a teensy bit tight on you. Not to the point of discomfort, but still. The gas mask isn't on quite yet, you'll put it on when you enter the hideout. Your party is following you in, though they don't have much a strategy at the moment. You hope the police know what's up.

You arrive at the designated time. SWAT vans, armoured teams, and even somebody in one of the bulldozer suits you saw in the shop. Holy hell, he painted a skull on his faceplate. Also of note, you're pretty sure the gun he's using is usually placed on vehicles. He's currently walking around rather slowly, though you decide not to watch for too long. Strangely, he's human. Seems weird the elite unit of the elite dwarven police forces wouldn't actually be a dwarf. Well, you just assume he's human. Could be an orc, for all you know. Doesn't matter.
You see a small collection of people that aren't part of the police force, most likely a smattering of gung-ho civilians, though you note their guns are quite strange. There's no uniformity among them, some carry bolt-action sniper rifles, other have pump-action shotguns, other's have lever-action rifles, and at least two madmen are going in with revolvers akimbo. How are they going to reload those? However, you notice another group of freelancers that are a bit... "off". They have matching black combat armor, and their guns have some serious work done. They certainly look lethal, and they're talking amongst themselves in a hush-hush kind of manner that suggests mischief. When they notice you looking, however, they stare right back without a word. They're trying to size you up, you figure. You decide to let sleeping lions lie, and move on. You find the commanding officer pretty quick. He's the one in a radio booth.
The man explains to you that the assault will begin in five minutes. He hands you a radio, and tells you to join up with the ragtag bunch. The freelancers with the seemingly random assortment of weapons. Because you're the biggest thing around, you're going to be the main thing to relay orders around for that group. It's a solid system, he says.
Well, that was inevitable.

The assault is about to begin. Any final strategies?

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: June 21, 2018, 05:49:43 pm »

We should familiarise ourselves with the team. We want to know what they can do, and we REALLY want them to remember us when the mission profile reads something like "kill all armed driders"... There could also be trust issues to resolve for similar reasons...

We should also warn them that the drider queen produces a.. let's go with "stimulant" unless Sucy has a better suggestion? that effects certain driders. We might become... "Enthusiastic" and aggressive, but will still know who our allies are...

P.S.
"spaghettification". I'll let you wonder what that implies.
I was torn between "noodle incident" and "flying spaghetti monster" until I decided to combine them...
Read the First Post!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: June 21, 2018, 10:33:08 pm »

Skidaddle skidoodle your body is now a noodle

+1 to what Ram said, we should count types of weapons and stuff and ask yukinni to help us deliver a formation.

We did created a military formation back in the bandit group, but yukinni got a bit more of info with those crusaders

It will be probably be assorted to what we are already used to, a bunch of heavy damage slow guys and a bunch to flank/disrupt enemy flanking and hunt weak running targets

raise the horde of medium and small beasts, ask if anyone of the ragtag group want's a small vermin with then to jump in the face of a enemy that might have got too close

the vermin probably will serve as a distraction to keep enemies from defending themselves properly, if we can we should order part of the vermins (with the leadership of the poop train or our cat) to steal enemies stuff that are engaged in us

the blob seens that migh be usefull against a horde of whatever, if the blob doesn't get corrupted it can destroy a large portion of elderitch abominations before stopping
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: June 22, 2018, 02:50:31 am »

I was torn between "noodle incident" and "flying spaghetti monster" until I decided to combine them...

It's a real thing that happens to things that come too close to singularities. Basically gravity taking the opportunity to rip you into increasingly tiny bits before crushing your mass entirely into a point.

Anyway, here's our strategy for ya: kick ass, take names, shoot motherfuckers in their dumb heads, and when we see something too big to fight, use those bombs to kill it in every single way possible, as well as a few that are theoretically impossible.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 02:53:27 am by Egan_BW »

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: June 22, 2018, 04:05:10 pm »

Update delayed, but I'll try to make it a big one next time.
Neat stuff I do:

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: June 23, 2018, 04:35:40 pm »

Alright, boys and girls, I'll be the one in contact with the rest of the teams. Just to make this easier, can everybody tell me names and weapons?
The initial reaction to your prying into their business isn't too well-liked, but after a short pause, a strange, mousy little dwarf girl moves forward.
Uh. I'm Basil. I've got a... I've got a .32 breakaction revolver and b-body armor. I'm, uh, a p-pretty good. Shot. I-i... I guess.
How old are you, exactly? Hal asks, looking at her with squinted eyes and his hands on his hips.
I'm, uh, eighteen.
Little young, don't you think?
You hear some murmuring amongst the crowd, a lot of them seem to agree. The girl suddenly puffs up her chest, however.
J-JUST BECAUSE I'M YOUNG DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO TREAT ME LIKE A CHILD!
...She says, jumping up and down like a child. Sucy is quick to start teasing, as always. She has that grin again...
Can we keep her? She's adorable. You mull it all over for a few seconds, but you eventually decide that you just have better things to do. Not much time left before the assault, after all.
If I told you to leave, would you?
F-forget you!
Fine, whatever. Just stay out of our way.
She huffs a little more, before disappearing into the crowd. Then, another man steps forward. He looks like a stereotypical dwarf, by all accounts.
Name's Groki. I've got a Winchester, that's a lever-action rifle if you don't know. Long-range, well-maintained... Made 'er myself.
Neat. You'll be working in the back of the group then, snipe them down as you please. Try to cover the rest.
The hands-off approach is exactly what the group wanted to hear. You had a feeling that would work, you've seen the type throughout the years. Though, you are basing yourself off your experience in the village. Best way to get tough guys to do something is to let them think they're in control.
I'm Scotch, I've got a double-barrel on me. Don't be fooled, this thing's got some serious range! Another dwarf, orange beard. Easy to pick out from a crowd.
Medium range, then. And take extra care not to hit anybody friendly.
Friendly fire isn't.
Name's Gabriel. Pump-action shotgun... Spread of this thing's insane, put me in front.
Okay, sure, whatever.
I'm Gale. I've got a very special little rifle, right here... Bolt-action, scoped, and I guarantee you it'll never jam.
I'm guessing it's in the back, for you.
Gale continues, happily yelling: I named my gun "Moist Nugget"!
for what purpose
Alright, moving on?
Three people step forth. They're all wearing wide-brimmed hats, and all of them are wielding the same revolver.
We're the Whirling brothers. We've all got .357 peacemakers. We're usually part of a circus, but we like to help out justice every now and then. Just keep us together, and we'll figure it out.
What do you do in the circus.
Marksmanship and acrobatics. We shoot coins out of the air while swing from ropes.
Cool! I don't believe you. Medium range it is, and if you do bad you go to the front.
Oy.
Shut up. Anybody else?

A human steps forth, wearing a brown coat. He's got a red handkerchief around his neck, and a peculiar bandolier over his shoulder. He has a white moustache, and slicked back hair, equally white. He's currently twirling his revolver around at high speeds, causing most people to flinch.
This is the greatest handgun ever made. The Colt Single Action Army... Six bullets! More than enough to kill anything that moves. I'll show you why they call me...
Up front, short range, and try to catch a few bullets.
He stops talking, though that revolver is still spinning. You do not like that man.
Uh, I'm Chet. I got a lever-action. Single-shot, but I load it pretty fast. Don't have a scope.
Medium range. Alright, is that everybody?
No-one left. Yunikki wheezes. She sounds a bit haggard, though that isn't anything new.
Alright. I don't want you rushing forward. Too many bullets. Keep back, and fight off anything that gets too close. Hal, You stay in the back and help my co-ordinate. Sucy... I don't know what you are capable of, but for the love of the gods, please be careful with your grenades.
She just laughs.

It looks like you were done just in time. A single policeman comes in, wearing some thicker armor than most. He places an explosive on the marked point, and presses a few buttons. The rectangular object starts beeping, and he ushers all of you back. When you look to the sides, you see the other SWAT teams getting ready to hop in. The team of shadowrunners close-by is having the Bulldozer do it for them. You hear your radio crackle, and then you hear the voice of the commander come through. There's a bit of static.
Team Freelance, come in. This is Papa Gator. Press the white button to transmit to me.
You do as you are told, and press the button before calling in.
Sydney speaking. I guess I'm Team Freelance?
Affermative. We kept it simple for your group. You will be assaulting a back entrance. There is a bonus for every dwarf you manage to capture instead of kill. Driders are shoot on sight, unless they surrender. Collateral damage is NOT a concern.
Alright, passing it on.
You tell the group the current plan, and get ready as the beeping of the explosives starts picking up in speed. Some people cover their ears, and you're one of them. A wave from the explosives hits you like a brick, but you're quick to start moving. The hole is perfect, the stone was fake. Barely a few inches thick, even.
Your size and gun give an instant sense of command,  and your ragtag team charges in, some of them even yelling brave warcries. Although the mousy girl is just screaming.

You charge through the corridors, dodging the occasional low pipe. This place is filled to the brim with all sorts of machinery and pipes. Sometimes steam hisses through the hallway, but nothing that actually blocks your path in any way. After a short run, you suddenly hear the firsts gunshots. Guessing from the noise, that's a shotgun going off. You also hear the radio tell you who' fighting.
Team Dozer is experiencing hard contact. Team Freelance, move to support whenever able.
Got it!
You finally discover a door, and Yunikki is the one to kick the door off its hinges. That was either a weak door, or Yunikki's got some serious muscle. Probably both. The door flies forward into a massive room, one that remind you of the mess hall at the university. Guessing from the smell of fried eggs, it probably IS a cafeteria. A few driders instantly start opening fire, but they're using nothing but pistols. You've caught them off guard. You flip over a table as the clumsily aimed bullets go flying, while your sniper team takes down the two driders visible from the door. One goes down with a clean headshot, while the other took several shots to the chest from both the snipers and the white-haired gunslinger. With supressing fire from the revolver brothers, the rest move into position behind the other tables. The sniper team remains by the door, waiting for a moment of distraction to take down another one. You both outnumber AND outgun the current guards, and the first fight is quickly brought to an end. Now it's just a matter of following the gunshots to help out Team Dozer.

GOD DAMN IT, SOMEBODY TAKE OUT THE DAMNED GUNNERS! You hear, seemingly a little static-y. You hear some people yelling at the man who is screaming. Seems like you found the shadowrunners, which are currently pinned down by a pair of heavy gunners. Two driders, each wielding a massive, automatic gun. Before you can make a plan, Moist Nugget guy shoots the first one in the head. Or, well, against the head. It seems like they have some damned good armor.
REINFORCEMENTS!? ABOUT FUCKING TIME! The Dozer screams from behind his cover. He risks a peek, and shoots his shotgun once before moving back behind cover, taking a few hits. If it was one gunner, this would be easy, as it stands, there are two of them, and one is now suppressing YOUR party.
Excellent. Hold on!
You see Sucy pull out a grenade from out of her robes, and she throws it inside the room, without looking. An ungodly loud noise comes forth, and you're nearly blinded from the REFLECTION of the flash against the far wall. The gunners scream, and Sucy giggles as she pulls out a second bomb and throws it at the gunner that is suppressing the Shadowrunners.
FRAG! She yells, a bit too gleefully, just as the explosion goes off. The drider drops his heavy weapon, and stumbles backwards, the fragmentations having torn into his skin and causing heavy bleeding. During the momentary distraction, your entire team opens fire. The collective amount of bullets, and some very well-aimed shots from the white-haired gunslinger to the unarmored face, quickly turn the drider into mincemeat. You hear the other gunner yell out a name, before turning his own gun on your party. Except now, he's moving in on you.

A human opponent wouldn't be able to carry such a massive weapon and still walk. Driders, on the other hand, cheat.
Fortunately, though, the shadowrunners suddenly prove that they are worthy of the term. With the gun no longer suppressing them (and, instead, forcing everybody to run back to the you all came from tunnel as the whirlwind of death and destruction is heading into the room. You hear something that sounds a lot like an exploding pillow, and you see purple smoke surrounding the gatling drider. HE screams a few obscenities, until he suddenly falls silent.
After a little bit, his head lands about three meters in front of you, apparently torn off.
You see a massive man, with a mechanical arm, flexing on top of the headless corpse.
GOD-DAMN! One of your freelancers exclaims.
Yunikki laughs. It's a guttural sort of laugh, the kind that you just kind of naturally connect with amusement at a bit of the ol' ultraviolence.
Team Freelance and Shadowrunner. Have you made contact with eachother? You hear from both your radio and that of the Dozer.
Confirmed. Just took down two heavy gunners... That seems a little much for casual defence, don't you think?
We were not subtle in setting everything up, Freelancer. According to my scouts, you should end up in a large room if you leave the cafeteria area. There are five exits there. I want you to split up your team. Team Shadowrunner is NOT under your command, don't get any bright ideas. Mind that there is heavy resistance in that room. We expect several dwarves to be joining the fight,there. Remember, there is a bonus for any dwarf that is captured.
SCREW THAT NOISE! WE TAKE NO PRISONERS HERE!
Fair enough, agent. But don't shoot the prisoners the Freelancers make, would you?
The dozer just laughs. He seems to work by speaker, or something. Certainly explains the radio-like quality in his voice.

What's the plan for this "next room"? And how will you split the party? Also, will you try to convince the shadowrunners to co-operate a bit more?

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Skills and spells

Consider this the run-up to the actual action.
Neat stuff I do:

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: June 23, 2018, 11:25:55 pm »

I was going to comment on the "pretty good" but then you had to just make a way more blatant reference. You nerd. ;P

Plan is to go forwards and shoot shit. With loads and loads of bullets.
So far as I can tell, nobody's said how or why we're splitting the party. So unless any actual reason to split it, or even an explanation of where each group would go presents itself, nah.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: June 24, 2018, 02:21:28 pm »

Soul sight to see numbers of enemies and point how many they have

give then info on number of enemies, and ask the shadowrunners and old "you get then on the left and we get then on the right" but besides using left and right references we say to then to focus on the side there is less dwarves as they are so inclined on not getting money

tell to the whirlwind brothers about the necklaces, maybe if they destroy it the dwarves can be freed, if not just shot their guns

Raise our vermin army that our cat was gathering before entering, their role will be distraction (jump on their faces) stealing guns and stuff
Novice english wordsmith

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: June 24, 2018, 06:04:46 pm »

Hold up! I can tell you about how many they've got. Before you can switch on your soulvision, though, one of the shadowrunners speaks up. She's in some fairly thick-looking armor, though you still get a really good idea of the figure under there. Most striking is the wide goggles, which seem like they flash, occasionally.
Twelve dwarves, four driders. The dwarves are using basic guns, nothing special. Mostly pistols, a few of them have rifles for small game. The driders are more heavily armed, two of them holding shotguns, standing right by the main door.... The two in back are holding automatic weaponry, mounted guns.
What.
Placed some cameras beforehand. We're not amateurs, lady. I've got a link to the camera feed in my helmet. Now, they won't expect us to know that they're right behind the doors. You and the dozer each take a side and blast them away. The dwarves seem unorganized, none of them are even taking cover... What was the bonus on captured dwarves?
25 per dwarf. the bulldozer answers.
Negligible. Well, don't shoot anything that does get disarmed, I guess. You all ready?
Not yet. Watch this, if you please. Keep that camera switched on.

With a quick gesture, and a minor headache from the sheer amount of creatures you're controlling. Your little minion has been very, very busy. As have you, in fact. You were quite happy to discover just how many little holes there are for creatures the size of a housecat or smaller. Thirty rats (and similar) suddenly burst forth in the room, causing an almost instant panic as they bite and climb all over the occupants. Pretty soon, bullets start flying, and the driders move away from the door to start clearing out the rats. Considering you didn't spend a single mana point on those creatures, you actually feel better the more vermin dies. But its not going easily, either, they're still trying to avoid collateral damage.
Holy shit. Alright, move in now, I guess. We've got the best distraction we could hope for!
What? What is even happening? Did another group attack?
In a sense, move! Aim for the amulets if you want that bonus, that means YOU, circus brothers!
Got it!Got it!Got it! they say in unison, shortly before the Dozer violently kicks the doors open and opens fire against the driders that are firing into the crowd of dwarves and vermin. He takes down one of them instantly, blowing apart the head and scattering the chunks over the floor. He hollers in a bloodthirsty cheer, as you fire a few bullets at the other shotgun drider. You miss most of them, and hit the drider in the spider abdomen on your fifth shot! Still, you just need to get close. Slamming your hand against the barrel of the gun he's holding, you cause him to fire into the ground, splattering one of your rats entirely. Still, one quick slash from your sword and he falls to the ground, bleeding. Then you take another hew to the neck, and his head rolls away.

The driders above are fighting off around ten rats and a cat, stopping them from firing their mounted guns. The white-haired man fires off six shots VERY fast, fanning the hammer. Against the odds, four of the bullets strike the first drider, and he falls back. You're rather surprised, exclaiming You're pretty good! The other drider gunner, however, is now biting through the pain to start firing the gun anyway. But as the first few bullets fly, he suddenly jerks back as his arm explodes into gore. One of the shadowrunners fired... something? You decide to disregard it, as you run up the wall to finish the gunner off. The dwarf support is proving to be nearly useless. Most of them are just pistol-whipping what they can reach, apparently they didn't have any extra ammo. The few that CAN fire are just wasting their rounds on the vermin as a few people make the lucrative attempts at just disarming them. The amulets are, sadly, not bulletproof enough to not be lethal shots when hit. They have to removed by hand. But, again, the dwarves are practically harmless, once they spent their bullets. Just as you get up to the last gunner, you see the bulldozer is already charging forward towards the screaming drider, screaming YOUR BACK IS AGAINST THE WALL AND I AM THE FUCKING WALL
After a short moment, the Drider's head explodes in a similar manner to the dozer's first target. There is some final twitching, which the dozer ends with another shot to the chest.
AWW! ALL. OVER!
By the end of the battle, you've got four captives, two wounded dwarves, and an empty room. The only victim is the mousy girl, who's gasping for breath after catching a bullet to her armor. It's just the shock against the armor, nothing bad.
This would have been a LOT worse without your vermin. Everybody quickly reloads their guns in the quiet moment. Until, suddenly, three of the large doors open. The bullets start flying before anybody can even confirm what's attacking. You and the dozer are the closest to one of the doors, and the dozer catches a few bullets. He doesn't seem affected, and you feel a distinct tingle in your cursed arm, which you put in front of your torso.
I'LL END YOU! He screams, before blasting away at the general direction of the door. You decide to actually move out of the way of the bullets and to something resembling cover. Which is the railing on the staircase leading up to this gunner balcony. You fire your last shot at the smoke coming from the door, and hear something screaming. No more bullets come forward, and the dozer instantly moves to the mounted gun to support the people below.
I'M GONNA DROP ON THESE ASSHOLES LIKE A FUCKING PIANO!

Sure enough, the amount of bullets that spew forth from the bullet is almost as high as the numbers of decibels that come from the enthusiastic elite. You decide to grab the second gun, though you're not exactly graceful with the unwieldy cannon. You accidentally cut a swathe through the dwarven hostages, reducing the captives to two, though you quickly manage to focus down the other doorway. With your support, you can now look at the results of the surprise attack.
For starters, the attackers.
These are Hanzers... Looks like the driders bought some back-up. one of the shadowrunners says, looking at the shoddy implants of the attackers with some disdain.
Makes sense. Those limbs can't come cheap. Hal says, currently looking through his weapons to check for any damage and pulling out bolts from his enemies.
Damn it... Who's hurt?!
We've got a dead man. Single-shot rifle guy. He's, uh, "alive".
When you look down, you can see the man is desperately clawing at something while quietly sobbing. When you look a little closer, you note that its his own insides, that he's trying to stuff back into himself. After a few moments, the white-haired man just shoots him in the head. He twitches a last few times, as the mousy girl vomits in the corner. Most of the freelancers look a bit queasy, although your party doesn't seem to react much.
Good call.
Somebody grab his rifle.

Yunikki does so. You ask if anybody else is hurt, but most people seem to be fine. At worst some shots to body armor, and one guy that managed to twist his ankle a little. They managed to get behind the barricades the group in this room set up, and Sucy got behind a dwarf (you only have one hostage now.). With that second assault out of the way you now have time to split up the group, if you do so. The Shadowrunners are waiting to see what you do, first.
How will you, if at all, split up the party through the five doors?
People  present:
White-haired gunslinger
Whirling brothers (gunslingers)
Mousy girl (pistol)
Gale "Moist Nugget Guy"
Gabriel (Pump action shotgun)
Scotch (double-barrel shotgun)
Groki (Lever-action rifle)
Sucy (demolitions expert/alchemist)
Hal (Bowman)
Yunikki (Single-shot rifle/melee)
Twelve rats
Tom (cat)
Poop Machine (pigeon)

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 08:19:34 am by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 216