Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 185718 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #2130 on: June 13, 2018, 04:21:39 am »

Oh great lord RNG, please accept this sacrifice in Abomination blood, such that Zavi and Sophia and Raven don't die horribly. Amen.
Is... is that a reference? I want to sacrifice some rolls to the roll god, but it gets tricky if I don't know the cause...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: June 13, 2018, 03:24:57 pm »

Those are just my characters who I don't want dying right now. You'd be able to find all of them in currently-running RTD games, through locating Sophia may be harder than the other two...

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: June 13, 2018, 04:57:58 pm »

So, are you happy to be out of here? The nurse asks, as she hands you your plate of food. She's been your main caretaker. She also explained to you what they did to fix the shotgun blast thing. It's pretty impressive how they can solve it in just a few days, though they did mention that you heal exceptionally well compared to most people. You're a damned tough lady, after all.
Most people aren't happy to be in here in the first place, I think. But I'll be glad to not smell anti-septic. Or getting long stares from the kids visiting the family. They think I can't see them in the doorframe.
Well. Alright then. Once you finish your meal, you can leave. Do you have anybody coming for you?
I suspect Meandra will come, possibly some others. We'll see. Either way, goodbye Pollyanna. It's been nice talking to you.
Right. I'd say 'till next time, but that would come across as a little odd, no?
It would, yeah. Well, bye.
Bye, Sydney. Don't get shot.
The nurse leaves to bring the rest of the people their dinners. She been pretty interested in you for the last few days, mostly because you're only patient in this part of the hospital not complaining or ignoring her. Nurses aren't very high on the social ladder, for some reason. It seems really strange to you, considering every other medical profession IS respected. Dwarves are just sort of strange about it all, you suppose.

You finish your dinner. Hospital food is nothing to write home about, but it's filling, nutritious and it doesn't taste BAD. When you finish your meal, you get yourself out of your hospital gown and into your regular clothes. You'll get all your belongings at the desk below, so that's a worry for a little later. You do your best not to block anybody in the hall, but your size makes it a little difficult. You've mostly been enjoying the new size, but it gets a little annoying when you're in thin hallways. If you couldn't wallcrawl, you'd be in some real trouble. Of course, it makes people really uncomfortable when your legs stick out like that. It reminds people of how half of you is a spider, which is still a big creepy factor for most.
You reach the ground floor with no real issues, and you find Meandra and Hal waiting for you there. Meandra sitting down at a desk, politely waiting, and Hal leaning against a pillar, clearly watching the room for anything suspicious. He's been getting a little antsy since the police started arming themselves up for attacking the drider mob. The police is guarding the room as well, mind you, with some fairly serious weaponry, too. The two are quite pleased to see you, and after some basic pleasantries you get your supplies back. You'll have to pick up the kids seperately from another part of the hospital. They didn't let them stay with you after they were found snuggling a six-year-old that was down with something nasty. No risk of spreading it or anything, it's just that they generally don't like it when massive spiders wander off and take a liking to small children.

With everything collected, you start walking home. Considering how often your friends came to visit, and the fact that you were only in there for about a week, means there isn't that much to talk about. They mentioned Yunikki has been turning more reclusive now that you're away, though. But that didn't seem like anything exceptional, considering her mental state. They also mentioned that the police would like to you to come in after you're out of the hospital, but that's not a priority, by any means. They're mostly looking for people to join in the attack, they've opened up some militia options. You find it absurd that they'd ask civilians, but maybe they're closer to mercenaries? It's likely going to include some shadowrunners, too, albeit the rookies. Most don't exactly work WITH the police, after all.
Once you're in Meandra's home, you look over your options...

Take stock of the situation.
You should look everything over again, now that you're back. Get your bearings.

Take a load off.
If the police is going to fix it, you just need to look out for yourself. Just relax for a while, maybe.

Visit Diva
You DID promise to look over her contact once you're out of the hospital. You might as well get paid if you're going to attack the driders.

Report at the police station.
That Diva probably has some kind of trick up her sleeve. Let's not give her the opportunity.

Other

Basic Stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: June 14, 2018, 02:42:19 pm »

Visit Deva
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: June 14, 2018, 03:58:43 pm »

Take stock of the situation means what? Knowing what happened when we were out? we can do that while we visit DEVA, and THEN go to the cops, of course she has some trick, but this time she is our employer
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: June 15, 2018, 10:27:12 am »

Yeah, check in with our friends, and then Visit Deva.  I don't think we're planning on staying here for a long time after the mission, so we should try to get payment sorted out in advance.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: June 15, 2018, 03:46:48 pm »

So, you'll find everything inside the contract . I hope it is to your liking, I have many things to do. Find some new fashion, develop yet another material to handlevulcanic residue, getting information out of a few assassins, the works. You understand, right, darling?
You torture assassins?
Please. Not personally. I just watch and ask the questions. What, did you think they would appreciate the fact I decided to counter their threats? They're running scared, though they succeeded in wounding my body double. Such a shame, but the dear deserves a raise. Not too bad, all in all.
Are you aware of the things that come out of your mouth?
I never say anything I didn't plan, darling, trust me. Now read the contract and delight me with a signature.
...If I like the terms.
Mmmh, natural runner, aren't you?
You quickly get to reading the contract, hoping to get things over with. Most of the contract is pretty much lost in legal blabber, something you aren't really good at. You're good at a distressingly large number of things, but this is a little bit beyond you. Still, you figure out the gist of it. The money she's offering is about 200 on the successful dissolution of the mafia, which seems... somewhat paltry, compared to the effort involved. But then you get to the bonuses. Any and all injuries will be taken care of on her costs. Bringing her the confirmation of death on the leader of the gang would bring in the bonus of a special piece of kit, by her design... No mention of what that piece of kit actually IS, though.

It's a surprise, darling. All my employers work better when they don't even know what it's going to be! The surprise makes it better! But I guarantee you that it will be more than worth the trouble. If anything, you're tricking me.
You made the contract. You'd have to be supremely dumb to trick yourself.
I'm going to ignore the insult for your sake and remind you that jokes exist. Now, am I going to see a signature, or am I going to see a disappointment leaving?
Pushy...
Well, you've read what you could past the legalese. If she really is trying to pull something bad, you're not seeing it. You decide to...
Something guaranteed follows, so we're doing that first. Choice is at the bottom.

After leaving Diva's office, the walk to the police station is mercifully short. You do get a LOT more stares, though, and a few whispers. If you weren't over seven feet tall, you're pretty sure people would have tried a citizen's arrest (which is a silly term you learned while the in hospital. Why don't these people just work with guards?). Something tells you the driders have been getting a little more aggressive. Still, when you entered the police station people seemed to recognize you fast enough. Almost fast enough that you might not have noticed the amount of guns that were pulled if it wasn't for the distinctive sounds of hammers getting cocked back.
Signing up for the volunteer program was easy, though you only got a bare minimum of information. Weapons and armor are to be self-supplied, the government is not responsible for any injury or death that may occur, and there is a small payment program in place to incentivise proper actions. The leaders of the assault have the right to give bounties to certain objectives. Shooting your fellows to collect that bounty is both not worth it and grounds to be shot on sight.

Sign both papers

Sign Diva's paper, but stay out of the police's way. You'll do this outside government jurisdiction.

Sign the police's papers, not Diva's.

Sign no papers. Go home and plan a personal assault/fleeing plan.

Other.

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: June 15, 2018, 03:52:25 pm »

Sign both.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: June 15, 2018, 05:05:39 pm »

Sign both

Police paper doesn't actually provide any tangible rewards, but it also doesn't oblige us to follow orders either, so it's worth signing so that they know who we are and don't shoot at us...

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: June 16, 2018, 01:02:55 am »

both papers
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: June 17, 2018, 01:54:31 pm »

Having signed both papers, you resign yourself that you REALLY aren't getting out of this, even if you try. The assault will begin in two days, giving you some time to figure out your assault plan. As a hired gun, you have fairly free reign over it all. The police should have the information that you had, including that most of the driders aren't necessarily combat targets. Whether or not people will actually follow that information is to be seen, but you're not exactly going to be sad about most of it. The big thing you need to consider is that you'll need some sort of plan to deal with the massive drider queen. Not to mention, you should also figure out who you're going to bring, and what, exactly, they should be bringing. Bringing Yunikki along might not be the smartest idea, considering her condition and the fact that you don't really want to trust the corvid abomination version with anything you don't want turned into giblets and screaming. Other than that, there's also the fact that Sucy has a lot of things to bring. If you want, you can look around what she can and cannot make. She has no lack of ingredients, after all.

It's also an interesting idea to maybe contact some of the people you know, in this city. Getting the other shadowrunners might be a decent idea, if you can even find them. They're both into hiding, and doing a damned fine job of it, too. You're not sure you want to bother the hacker again, considering he tried to blow you up last time you tried over a paranoid guess. Anther option is the Ronin, of course. If you could find some kind of leverage, you can probably bring in some reinforcements (albeit cannon fodder, considering their preference for really shoddy blades). But of course, finding that leverage might be an ordeal in and of itself, especially with the two-day time limit. There are more gangs than just the Ronin, of course.
As long as you find leverage, or frame the driders for something, you can probably use them as more fodder. Hell, the cult might follow you for fun. But using them around other gung-ho civvies and the police is likely to be a less-than-ideal idea. Still...
What preparations do you undertake for the next few days? Getting a gang involved requires a seperate collection of updates, and likely an information source to know where they are, and what to do to get them on your side.

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Skills and spells

My exams will be over tomorrow. Regular updates will be back after that.
Neat stuff I do:

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: June 17, 2018, 04:49:57 pm »

As far as dealing with the queen... a recoilless rifle sounds nice. ;P

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: June 17, 2018, 04:54:40 pm »

Some kind of bomb or flamethrower would work too.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: June 17, 2018, 04:57:15 pm »

Probably best to get something that'll work quickly, so that those pheromones don't mess us up. Maybe a flamethrower would help take care of those?

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: June 18, 2018, 12:16:53 am »

For sure sucy can bring us some burnable things to make the queen distracted

For sure I would like to make another pigeon familiar

maybe collect bones and pests so we can make a bunch of our own cannon fodder that will be converted in magick when they die

maybe send a zombie rat to scout the place ahead?

maybe use pinworks and give some enchanted arrows to Hal?

where is fucking Kai? He can help us knowing what kind of leverage we could use to recruit people, and it's probably that he didn't forgot of how we rescued him and how the driders want him dead
Novice english wordsmith
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 216