Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 185710 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #2115 on: June 10, 2018, 11:56:51 am »

"This shit is going to explode, really you two want to DIE here? Come on, abomination grab the leper, I help the antiquarium, or just help me kidnap this antiquarium if the leper wan't to close the chapter of it's life for good"

If nobody comes to help me I leave, if not I will help them to leave and close the fucking door

if the leper stays while I close the door

"It was good to meet you, I will tell the tale"
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: June 10, 2018, 05:14:53 pm »

My broken body will not actively resist being pulled away, and will attempt to remain upright and moving under its own power to collaborate with any such effort. That said, I retain my basic goal of helping the Leper with their "greet death with dignity" plan, except with a capital D and a severe "journalistic integrity" slant to "dignity"...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: June 11, 2018, 02:41:50 pm »

With the increasingly panicked discussion underway, the energies did not quite stop gathering. Fortunately, it seems you DID get quite a bit of time. In fact, you even have an exact times, based on that scythe of the shadow creature (which has a way of making everybody feel exceptionally mortal) getting closer and closer to the pseudo-lich. Unfortunately, it does not seem willing to answer the many, many questions that it is being pelted with by the antiquarian, not even noticing the woman's frantic talking. Something about the utterly unchanging skull seems to indicate it is intentionally ignoring her, though. How it manages to show this subtle facial tic without having an actual face is a question for the ages. Maybe one to ponder AFTER you get away from the increasingly sweltering heat and energy emitting from the creature. The grave robber puts her arms around the shoulders of the antiquarian, pulling the woman back and forcing her to use her feet to help. She's damned wounded, but she can still (barely) walk! The abomination tries to help the leper, but he refuses to budge. His desire to hold them back stands fast, but...
Before the abomination can properly give up, the leper takes off the mask. A horrifying smell comes forth, and he turns to face the abomination. His reddened, gaunt face, mixed with boils and maggots seems to scream as the same cracks of light begin to pierce in it. His ring, in particular, begins to give off a black energy! The body begins to shake and rot faster than anything could possibly rot. Maggots and rats burst from his mouth and he grapples the abomination with an unholy strength!

The grave robber, too attached to her own well-being and caught up in saving the antiquarian, looks on in horror as the corpse-leper holds down the abomination and opens his lip-less mouth above that of the abomination. What spills forth is something that needs no describing, more of the apparitions of decay. The abomination, held down by an unholy strength, adding the leper's and that of the overloading necromancer together in a grip of pure iron. Ever her beast form is no match for this creature as she claws at the creature. Leper attack roll = 6 +2(undead energies) =8
The antiquarian's ring of knowledge suddenly pips up. The antiquarian reads it aloud, more out of amazement than anything else.

Cursed Ring of undeath
An incredibly ornate ring, with a ruby cut by the elves in ancient times. Grants +1 to total amount of wounds one can take. Turns the wielder undead.

A powerful ring, specially made for a nobleman who was famously brittle. But, proud fool that he was, he cast it aside after winning his first tournament. All at once, the wounds he thought were mere trifles turned fatal. He died standing upwards, forever clutching his wounds. The little known part was that he still fought on, the remnants of the ring forever carrying his pride and bloodlust forward. The necromancer that created the ring was a known trickster, who went under many guises. Some say he was a god in disguise.

The final words before the earthshaking explosion of arcane might, was a few simple words from the abomination, even through the beast form.
I KNEW IT!
When the smoke clears, you see that all that is left of the abomination and the leper is a distinct imprint on the floor. The lich left behind a gnarled and bent collar, in an odd shape that makes you queasy just looking at it. You lost two party members. But, against the odds, the creature is dead. Good thing it kept tripping because of a 1/6 chance to do so. You are victorious and likely in for a long career of success. Not to mention, heroically saving a party member by personally carrying them out of range? Unheard of!

The adventure is ALMOST at an end. Would you like to see how things went when you went back to town?

The ring of undeath thing was going to be an after-story thing. But how could I NOT use an overloading lich to make it reach maximum kaizo? Also, the lich had 15 wounds. Which seemed like a somewhat ludicrous number, but I didn't expect the leper to keep getting crits. I expected the leper to miss constantly, considering the 5 or miss system.
seriously, these rolls were ludicrous.
Also, I wanted to end this  return to the drider-thing because I think people are more interested in things that involve people other than you four (though you're the main decision-makers anyhow (and I thank you for sticking around), I still like giving opportunities to all.)
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: June 11, 2018, 02:49:47 pm »

fuuuuukl u i never said to try to help him qq #salty

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: June 11, 2018, 03:04:02 pm »

fuuuuukl u i never said to try to help him qq #salty

He would have grappled you either way, because he rolled a 6 + bonuses.
Sorry m8, the rocks fell and you died.
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: June 11, 2018, 03:31:11 pm »

*grumble grumble I'll drop rocks on you*

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: June 11, 2018, 03:33:48 pm »

JUST AS PLANNED
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: June 11, 2018, 03:49:10 pm »

Didn't even got to buy a dagger so that I can eventually stab the very canon character through the eye slit.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: June 11, 2018, 04:59:52 pm »

Hehe, that was a good ending for and small adventure (good in terms of history, bad in-character to the abomination)

a grave robber saving another member of the group, A leper accepting his cursed fate and waiting for death, an abomination trying to save a leper from death (Reynauld will have to sleep thinking about this act of honor)

If I want to know what happened? Yes of course!

I was trying with this grave robber to make Aestinus miss and get curious about where is his daughter (probably he will drown the grave robber in questions about the amulet and the nightmares) but at least I think I gave him an ally to make his probability of surviving this nightmare bigger  :P (at least until Sidney find him again)
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: June 11, 2018, 05:51:25 pm »

* Devastator is eagerly awaiting the return of our favorite seven-foot tall spider monster.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: June 12, 2018, 04:58:02 am »

* RAM is pleased.
The Antiquarian, however, wishes to complain about customer service and protest against faceless universal-constants with no accountability, but probably won't act upon those wishes. Well, not until she formulates a punning clan...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: June 12, 2018, 07:51:10 am »

And that's how it ended, I suppose. We gathered the collar, as proof, found some more gold, and decided to return with who we had left. Can we get another round?
The bounty hunter finishes the tale. The local patrons feel like he talked more in the last half hour than he did the entire time he was at the hamlet. He had a knack for storytelling, which makes it really strange that he prefers to keep to himself. Still, people were quite impressed by the story, all things considered. They... had quite a bit of trouble believing that the abomination actually decided to go through the effort to save that leper. The odd little pause before he continued seemed to indicate that, perhaps, it wasn't quite as heroic as it was told.
Just as the next round of drinks was brought in, the grave robber entered. She seemed a little sore, but that cocksure smirk was there. It looks like getting her injuries healed helped getting her unstressed. Also of note is that her waterskin was filled with some of the better stuff from the brewery, and that WAS is the key word in that sentence. She was drunk before she ordered her drink.
She prattled out that the antiquarian was still in bed, writing in that odd book of hers. She seemed exceptionally excited about what she had seen, and the heir was happy to help on the lesson about pseudoliches. They seemed to get along quite nicely, all things considered.

Bestiary
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hey, you! A man in rags yells towards the grave robber. She looks up, shaking her head a little in an attempt shake the cobwebs out of her head. Is it true that you had another one like me with you? The one who got killed by the leper?
Yep? Why'd ya wanna know?
Did she tell you HOW she acquired her affliction? Please, I need to know how far that corruption spread!
I 'unno. I think she mentioned sumtin' about a cult? They're all dead, she said. Why do you care?
I'm responsible for that kind of affliction. I came here to do some good before I die, but I heard that there were others, like me. Fools that followed my insane plan for nothing but some manic idea of "power".
Ah. How'd you do it?
A book with arcane... No. Are you sure that cult of hers was gone?
I am too drunk to tell you for sure, but i think that answer has something that rhymes with either "yes" or "thank you for another beer".
The man walks off after that, muttering to himself. He was weird, he had a big tattoo of the letter A on his head, too. What a freak.

The antiquarian was lying back in the hospital bed, the heir having fallen asleep on her knees. The poor man hadn't slept in days, and according to the nuns that care for all the injured, it's normal fare for him to just pass out before he continues with work. Getting to talk about something magical or scientific, even things as horrific as pseudo-liches, was just about a lullaby for him. He's a very capable healer, too. Currently, you just need to rest so your body gets over the shock of the injuries, rather than any physical wounds. To be fair, though, you don't think you'll ever forget the sight of the leper stabbing your companion in the back before unleashing a plague of rot. How did something so dead and rotting catch up to her? How did someone who was so obviously alive suddenly turn, ring or not?
If only you'd been more careful with finding a collection of enchantments...
Speaking of rings, you look at the amulet around your neck. It's a very useful, indeed, but what if its cursed as well? Would there be a way to find out? What even are "curses", relatively speaking. You've never found a lot of those in your travels, at least none that you could touch without turning into a gold statue. The spiked amulet still feels uncomfortable around your neck, and you take it off. You'll see whether or not that thing was cursed, at least you can take it off. A good sign, at least. She lies back, having finished doing her writing in that tome. It truly is a wonderful book, so flush with knowledge. It was worth the dagger in the dark, worth killing the old master.
She wonders if she could contact Death with it. Who the hell ignores questions like that? Rude.
She drifts off before she realizes, with the heir still sleeping with his head in her bed.

When the antiquarian awakens, the heir is gone. There is, however, a visitor. He has a distinctive mark on his head, those of the abominations.
I see that you are another owner of a tome. I lost mine but...
Let's talk.

After that...

The woman that was saved from the iron maiden was glad to be out of this hamlet. The carriage looks like it saw some rather hasty repairs, but she doesn't care if it gets her out of this place. Something about the place made her skin crawl something fierce, even after she got out. She scratched her arms some more, and stops when she feels some scabs. Just how much stress was she suffering from if she scratched her arms open? The material around her arms WAS really thin, though, so it's no wonder her nails got through. Rolling up her sleeve, she looked at the damage.
She felt herself turning dizzy as she looked at the scales poking through her skin. Her skin looked like boiling wax that has cooled, all manner of little growths along her arm. Her throat felt warm as she looked at her hands again. Her hands were getting bigger, the tip of her fingers stuck out ever so slightly, like the hint of claws. Her breathing growing nearly ragged, but unheard over the thunderous noise of the chariot going over the road, she felt herself through her dress. Her belly felt tough, tougher than it should. As if her flesh itself was studded with small metal plates, haphazardly added.
She laughed, not knowing what else to do. She needed her physician. He'd know what to do. She'll get there before this....
This rash
Spreads too far.
She coughed up a little wisp of smoke as she rolled down her sleeves and regained her composure. She's going home, she'll get cared for there.

And don't you EVER mention this to ANYBODY! Do you hear me? If word gets out and she discovers I'm here, she'll come to get me. I want her away from this damned place, alright?
I just don't follow why your daughter's a drider?
...Don't test me. I've killed people I liked more than you.
Noted. Now are you going to shiv me or buy me another drink?

The grave robber and bounty hunter drink themselves silly, that night. They wake up in eachother's bed, though they're 59 percent sure it was just a simultaneous passing out

When you awaken, you realize you aren't in nearly the same amount of pain as you once where. Looks like its about time to get out of the hospital...
You turn your spidery body around, intent on getting a little more sleep in, first.
Neat stuff I do:

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: June 12, 2018, 08:33:54 am »

Aw, just 10 percent more and we'd really have something there. Nice.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: June 12, 2018, 03:15:31 pm »

and now as it is medieval times and they were drunk as fuck...hehehe... they can be sure of that in the next menstruation

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Aw, just 10 percent more and we'd really have something there. Nice.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Time to get prepared to blow some driders apart
Novice english wordsmith

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: June 12, 2018, 07:42:58 pm »

Oh great lord RNG, please accept this sacrifice in Abomination blood, such that Zavi and Sophia and Raven don't die horribly. Amen.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 216