Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 185762 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #1965 on: May 13, 2018, 08:54:06 pm »

Eat the thing appearing behind me.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: May 14, 2018, 10:05:43 am »

”...”

Ignore just about everyone and everything, and start walking towards the hamlet. I need a drink.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: May 14, 2018, 05:05:43 pm »

Eat the thing appearing behind me.

"HOLY FU-"
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: May 15, 2018, 11:51:38 am »

RAM
Paging through your tome, you try to find something, anything on your insane compatriot. What manner of beast can hide inside a woman like that? It couldn't be natural... Was it from the dogs, a type of lycantrophy that spread itself among these gnashers? Your book remains empty, however. You can't find a damned thing on this subject!
Perhaps it would be in another version of your tome, but you never heard of any of those. You only know of them because the book told you, in your dreams. Still, that beast... It decided to go for your enemies, mayhaps it is in control of its actions. A powerful ally, in fact!

omada
Pleased that your stealth has not failed you, you prepare some smoke bombs you "borrowed" from the local bounty hunter. The guy was rough on the surface, but he was kind enough that he wouldn't hold it against you. He did have a really strange reaction when he saw your drider amulet, but nothing too negative. You can't see his face behind that helmet, anyhow.
He is damned scary, though. Even IF you know he's nicer than he seems.
With your smokes in place, you throw them where you're going to be and throw a flashbang over their heads. With a jump and flourish, you give them a hearty welcome! Just as the smoke catches your lungs, and you cough, however....
Egan_BW
You leap at the sudden disturbance, blood on your lips and your heart pumping. However, the smoke is thick and the figure suddenly started coughing, making them move just a tad. You miss completely, and fail to catch yourself as your momentum sends you flying. Landing horns-first, you slide a little bit before coming to a halt, stunned and on your back.
You feel kind of stupid. (Roll= 1)
omada
As you look around, having jumped away at the sound of the sudden roar (followed by a crash) (def roll=3) , you notice the lady desperately looking through a book, even though her arm is obviously bleeding! Looking at the corpses, you get an idea of what just happened here. You see the caretaker on the ground, as well, with a crossbow bolt in his foot. You don't like the man, but he's harmless enough and his duties are more than needed.

DolosusDoleus
Taking a look at your companions, who all fumble in some way or another, you decide to just start walking to town. This is all too much bother.

Everything else remains silent. There is nothing stopping you from heading to the hamlet, although one should probably consider the crazy abomination that just tried to kill one of your members...

Sorry for the late update, I had to work for literally the entire day.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 03:40:35 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: May 15, 2018, 12:33:39 pm »

HOLY FUCK I MET SYDNEY'S FATHER

I won't note completely the beast behind me, and go treating the bleeding woman

"hey lady, let me help you in this, AND HEY, DON'T LEAVE NOW, HELP THE CARETAKER"

Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: May 15, 2018, 04:07:40 pm »

"okay, this is... okay? Oh merciful hive my arm!"
Attempt to stop my arm from bleeding.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: May 15, 2018, 05:18:23 pm »

"..."

Grab the caretaker, then get a drink.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: May 15, 2018, 07:28:16 pm »

Turn back.

"Uuuugh. Why does there always have to be a hangover? Turning into a beast shouldn't have anything to do with hangovers!"

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: May 17, 2018, 03:45:59 pm »

omada
You yell to the man who started walking towards the hamlet, as if he doesn't care about what's going on. What the hell is his deal, huh? The woman you're helping is mercifully willing to go along with your plan to stop the bleeding. It wasn't serious right now, but that piece of shrapnel would have posed a problem if left in there. Of course, it would be an even bigger problem is you just yanked it out like a bad tooth. But you know a thing or three about treating blood and poison, each. A quick swig from your bottle, and some special leaves that are mercifully abundant in the hamlet (the nuns have magic gardens, honestly!) and the bleeding quickly stops after you pull out the shrapnel. Of course, that arm is likely to sting for a little while, but nothing too bad. You've recovered from far worse with a lot less. Those old bleedings they liked to perform on you when there wasn't a healer around required it...
Maybe losing that noble title was THAT bad, hm?

RAM
Your arm quickly improves, almost to your surprise. Whatever was in that bottle tasted surprisingly good, and it wasn't some sort of anesthetic as you expected. You think you found that recipe once before in your travels... perhaps not.
Who am I to know? You would know better than I.
With everything calming down, and the abomination twisting itself back into a human shape (oh good, so that's over), you start your walk to the hamlet. The woman is at your side, possibly to make sure on the bandage she made (when did she do that? You hardly noticed...)

DolosusDoleus.
At the words of the odd woman, you turn back to pick up the injured caretaker. You haul him over your shoulders, and tell him to remain still and keep his wound as far away from him as possible. =
You are very ill, after all.
The man complies, his one leg being the only thing that confirms he is even awake. Only his soft breathing can be heard, now.
This is going to be a long walk, isn't it? At least the women behind you are following. Even that dog-lady. or man? You're not sure, you didn't catch it through those chains. It doesn't matter, anyway.

Egan_BW
GODS but does changing back HURT! You're not sure if it's the transformation or the piece of gun being violently ejected from your shoulder that hurts the most. Your flesh has knit together perfectly, though, apart from what looks like an ugly welt. Considering it was a rather deep wound, you'll take it. (Wounds back to 3/3).
After you get your bearings, you decide that it's most certainly the transformation that hurts, as you gain a pounding, almost dizzying headache from it. It's kind of exactly like being hungover, and the nearest source of hydration looks like several hundred meters away!
Groaning in pain, you go in the direction of the hamlet, your steps bolstered by an indefatigable purpose that carries you ever forward.
To the Darkest Dungeon.

You've got a small moment to talk to eachother. You're all strangers to each-other right now, aren't you? There shouldn't be any more trouble on the road, not with the hamlet so close-by.
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: May 17, 2018, 03:53:27 pm »

"Ughhh... Was I a dog just now? That's... unexpected."
*beat*
"It's usually more of a goat-thing. I feel kinda weirdOWMYHEAD."

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: May 17, 2018, 04:16:11 pm »

"I would advise you all to stay back. I am not well."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: May 17, 2018, 04:29:46 pm »

"Can't be worse than what I've already got, heh.
Uh, I'm not contagious, though. Feel free to get close to me~"

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: May 18, 2018, 12:14:54 am »

Things I have to note about my character
-I found papa
-I lost a nobility title? I must get it back somehow, now the character has an objective that he will never achieve and cry about it when he is near death at the darkest dungeon

Look to the chained person

"WAIT, where did you came from? Err... nevermind so, for the size of the one ahead he must be a warrior, what's the deal of the rest of the ladies? Mine is stealth, scouting, being fun at parties hehe and... hmmm... let's say, resource gathering"
Novice english wordsmith

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: May 18, 2018, 04:44:39 am »

Omada
You're actually free to choose on how or what your character even is, to be honest. but as long as nothing has been explicitly states, you will default to the Darkest Dungeon classes you are. With some minor changes, based on personality and world.

Egan_BW
You still were some weird goat-thing, but there's a considerable amount of dog in the features as well. You're an abomination, not a lycanthrope. Neither are you a caprathrope. And, honestly, that's assuming you even follow the "traditional" form. Yunikki is the same as you, but took on more corvid aspects. You've got fairly free reign, too, considering the essentials are all the same (claws, stress, that sort of thing.)

You are all free to retcon yourself a little, if you happen to think of a good idea. If you wish, i'll even edit the earlier updates to reflect that.

When you arrive in the hamlet, you find yourself... underwhelmed. It's not quite the "last bastion against evils beyond what man was meant to know". The town center seems like the only important place, with a maze of smaller buildings around it. It would be a nightmare to fight through, that much you know. Let's hope nothing actually attacks it with anything coördinated.
You see a horde of workers move by, their faces grim and their bodies strong. They will gather up the cart, that much is clear. As you continue walking, you suddenly see somebody walking towards you, with a briskness that suggests purpose.
You bunch! You the new mercentaries?
He doesn't wait for an answer as he looks at the sword in the leper's hands.
Good, good. You get your first payment when you finish an excursion. Could you hand me the caretaker, if you please?
The caretaker is put on the ground. Not too gentle, sure, but it's well enough. The man yanks the arrow out with a grunt, prompting the caretaker to start yelling again for a few seconds, before the wounds starts closing itself miraculously. A white glow comes from the man's hands as he wills the wound closed.
A healer, eh? That'll make everything a lot easier.

Right. Go have a pint or something, would you? he says to the caretaker, who only giggles as he slowly gets up and shuffles off.
I'm Ambrosius. I'm going to be your employer for as long as this damned nightmare continues. You came at a good time, and you've proven yourself already. Go to the smith to double-check your gear, maybe spend some time in the tavern, and then get back here. Try to catch some advice from the others, especially Dismas and Reynauld. They've seen every part of this place already, at least once. You get to choose where you go when we start. I'll tell you the choices straight away: The Weald, which is where you just came from. Full of poison and mushroom people. Then you've got the ruins, they're below the estate. Mostly wild undead, from what I can tell there's a pseudo-lich down there. Then the Warrens, old tunnels filled to the brim with pig people... Then you've got the cove, old tunnels that reach to sea. All manner of unwholesome marine life there, fish that walk on two legs, that sort of thing. And finally...
the Darkest Dungeon.

There is a certain sense of dread at the name of that place. You can feel in your bones that place must be unbearable...
What squirms down there is beyond anything I can describe... But the few things we gather are more than worth it, and the more we scout, the closer we are to crushing the evil down there. Obviously, you will be well-rewarded if you survive THAT particular excursion.
That if does not bode well...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 04:47:08 am by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: May 18, 2018, 05:44:29 am »

The antiquarian takes a deep breath, draws forth their musty tome, lets out a momentous sigh, clenches upon a sharp stick of bound and slicked char, takes one, final, perilous breath, clenches her teeth, and approaches the abomination with a worm of fear in her eyes... and accosts them.
"Do you often change? What causes it? Has it been happening long? You mentioned goats, what are horns like? Can they be harvested? When did it start? Do you tell people" Does anyone know what it is? Are dogs common? Have you tried a boar? Or a bear? Or a boarbear? Does it affect aging? Does it age? Have you tried silver? Wolfsbane? Gold, ash, poppy, fishoil, rice, garlic, salt? What's the tallest? Widest? Longest? Briefest? does it hurt? Nausea? Lethargy? confusion? lazy vision..." with a gentle stuttering in their steps from the murky horror that had just befallen.

When she is done trying to assemble a new entry, she proceeds to the bar to seek the strongest lemonade she can find and bob through the squaloring gossip and dreads forth whatever dread sermons the local might disrobe.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 216