Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 185889 times)

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #1530 on: February 09, 2018, 09:52:07 am »

As stated, I will be gone for the next few days. As previously discussed, I will now give a very short summary of the events:

Sydney was brought below the ring, and ordered to fight three people one-on-one. This went easily enough, up until the third who got a few hits in. Nothing major, mostly bruises. After that, you were ordered to fight three of them at once, which you dealt with by creating three new children (hi ma!), killing another with a sword, and when one of your children was squished by the last remaining fighter, you flew into a rage and ripped his throat out with your teeth.
There was only one fight after that, which was quickly decided when your collective children made him yield from the sheer pain of their poison. When the leader said that it's over when only one person can leave, you discover that the man smuggled in a gun. You also discovered that you can take bullets relatively well with your armor and general toughness. Doesn't mean you're okay with it happening again, though. You end the fight with 25/45 hp, and you got free medical assistance because the man cheated in the end. The bullet wound isn't serious, but the hole on your armor kind of is.
The Ronin are also quite wary of you, especially after you resurrected four of the fallen combatants. You left the one that birthed your kids dead, as you only have mana for four resurrections anyhow. Might as well use the intact ones. You also made them hop, mostly as a joke, partially to imitate an oriental monster. Also of note, Yunikki had to be restrained or she would have killed somebody. For some reason, the Ronin were willing to let it slide. They tell you something vague about their culture that implies Yunikki is performing something culturally significant, but everybody remains tight-lipped other than that.
As for things to do: you have the options:

Stay here to coordinate
Better make sure these Ronin don't make a mess of things.

Go back to Meandra's, have a talk with the rest, and recover from your injuries
Mention if you're taking your zombies with you or not. They'll understand if you explain you need to get your coördinator.

Other

Basic Stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Party members

Items and equipment

Skills and spells

See you fellas on monday (maybe sunday if I'm lucky, don't count on it.)
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: February 10, 2018, 12:33:46 am »

This place is feeling rather exposed. They agreed to the deal, take that and leave. We want whatever explanation from Yunikki we can get, there was a lot of cultural issues that she seemed in on that we weren't, and it is safer to know where we stand. If that isn't enough for her then I am against pressing further... It'd also be nice to get a second opinion on our wound and Sucy has put us together well enough in the past. And make sure to look for sniper positions on the way back, and remember that an obvious sniper position is obvious, redundant ones and subtle ones are less likely to be attacked...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: February 10, 2018, 06:10:35 pm »

We should probably leave to recover, and should leave the zombies behind.  The bird can look after them, and since they don't need to eat or anything, they can just sit in a closet.  Probably a good idea to let the gangers get used to the zombies.  Not ideal, and there might be some problems, but there will be problems if the gangers don't have time to get comfortable with them.  We probably don't need to tell them that the bird can look after them in our name, just have it hang around in case they need direction.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: February 12, 2018, 05:57:05 pm »

You have to actively resist clutching the bullet wound as you take the bus back. You were warned by that doctor that you shouldn't make it too clear that you've got a stitched up hole in your abdomen, it tends to make people nervous. You don't want to spend a night in custody to explain a bullet wound. Can't forget the first rule of the fight club, after all. Yunikki was rather angry for a long time, but for some reason people just don't spend time to a chained up oriental woman who is so angry she's shaking. You guess it's just weird enough for people to disregard it. Same with you being a drider, if you had to guess. You get the exact opposite reactions compared to nearly everywhere else in the world. Instead of stares, you get people doing everything in their power to look past you. It's not so much snubbing as their unconscious mind being too busy to bother wondering why something so strange would be in the same public transport as them.
People live really fast here. Everything is fast. When you look outside it's occuring to you that you're going at speeds you've never even imagined on the surface. And yet it's already normal.
Amazing to what you can adapt.
You wonder how long it took for magic to become boring?

When you arrive back at Meandra's house, you're quite tired. Yunikki seems to have the same idea, and retires to her bed while you let Sucy look you over. Your new spiders, being a little more social than your firstborn,quickly crawl on her. She doesn't seem to mind overmuch, mostly just ignoring them. According to her, as far as bullet wounds go, yours is just about fine. But it could have been done better. As it stands, they put some cotton in there and stitched up the wound. You're not bleeding any-more, the bullet missed your organs, and didn't go very deep. A surgical cut would have been a little better to remove the bullet, but you're lucky. She mutters to herself that it's a good thing this world is so magicfilled. Without the ambient magic, you'd be in a lot more trouble. Though you also wouldn't exist at all, so hey, who gives a shit. She adds a little disinfectant to the wound, however, which stings a little. Sucy decides to snark a little at your expense
You've been here about a day, and you've already been shot. Things are going good, everything is going as we'd expect. There should be an eldritch invasion in about week, and then you can leave to the next interesting locale after a fresh psychological scar and about a few dozen to a hundred deaths.
Do you think you're being funny? You deadpan. You can't really find much humour in the assessment.
I don't think it, I know it. She says it with such a straight face you have to resist cracking a smile at smarminess of it. You just sigh and retire to your bed, but not before sending out your bird in the direction of the Ronin. You told them to cage up the zombies somewhere to stop them from falling in a trash compactor or something equally stupid. Luckily, that's an outdoors location. Your bird should be able to keep an eye on them for a time, maybe tell them to eat anybody who gets too close.

Your bed was a welcome change after so much time on the road. I mean, it's not perfect, you need to get a second blanket to cover your whole body, but you're still happy to get something soft that isn't also grass or mud. You sleep peacefully, dreaming of trains. In the morning, you take a moment of your time to wonder why you were dreaming of trains. Now you have a couple more things to do.

Finish scouting
From what you understand, your allies will be making a map already. But if you personally have a hand in it, it will be more complete. Not to mention, you'll get an accurate idea of how the base looks. They'll just look at the neighbourhood, escape routes, entrance points and buildings.

Go to the Ronin and coordinate.
You don't trust these guys as far as you can throw them, though in the leader's case it might be a bad example.

Get another group
Ballsy move, to be sure, but it'll be damned fun. Choices are Slaaneshi cultists, Hanzers and the bears. You should probably make a little plan on how you're going to do it.

Other

Basic Stats

Party members

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: February 12, 2018, 08:19:52 pm »

The bears or scout?

I don't know, maybe use draincloud in a bunch of sewer rats
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: February 12, 2018, 09:06:04 pm »

Lets help with the scouting.  Blowing open a wall really needs someone to be able to look inside.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: February 13, 2018, 05:13:14 pm »

So is there a reason I'm the one who has to look through the sewers?
Because you're the best in close quarters, and in case you didn't notice, things are VERY close quarters in there.
Considering you nearly have to crouch to get around, that's not even the half of it. The sewers here are far smaller in most places, though there are two areas that are far larger. Maintenance areas, if you had to guess. More pipes there. The smell would probably be horrible, guessing from the amount of sewage, making you glad you don't have a sense of smell any more.You probably are the best prepared for this stuff. You decided to leave your children with your new catty companion, and your sight lets you keep an eye on your zombies. The Ronin keep their distance from them.
After some exploring along the outside roads, following the orc's general directions through the radio (what a marvel of technology!). You are about to enter the second maintenance area, the one closest to the manhole you will be using to infiltrate. You've been hard at work making a map of the sewerlines, based off the general map they made before that. Minus roads, to stop the clutter. You still have no idea how it is inside the walls of the hide-out, but the surrounding area is now about as mapped as you can get it. Also of note, you managed to get a smidgen of your health back, at the cost of all your mana. Rats aren't packed together quite so much as you'd like, and they're fast enough to get away in a lot of circumstances. It was... frustrating, to say the least. But, regardless, at least the sewers are mapped out. There is one small problem for the large chamber that connects to the vulnerable sewer exit. It's flooded. Not to the point of being impassable, but it will take a strong stomach for people to wander through here. Add to that that the tunnels are so small, and you really won't be able to get a lot of people through here. Infiltration team only, and that's assuming you'll be able to crawl out of the sewers fast enough. It took a bit of doing to fit through, considering your physiology.
Whatever

Sewer map

Sadly, your companions weren't stealthy enough in their looking, and they now have a couple of guards on the rooftops. You won't be able to perform much in the way of scouting on that end.

Begin an assault.
The Ronin perform a frontal attack, while your team goes in from the back in the hopes of taking down the leaders.

Start the original plan.
The Ronin cause a ruckus a small distance away, and your orc gets his sniper rifle ready to remove the augmented orc leader.

Perform some additional planning.
Maybe you can think of something interesting. You'll get the full lay-out and additional maps, such as the streets and what little they could gather from the hideout itself. Not to mention, make sure no civilian casualties happen.

Get another gang.
It might be interesting to overwhelm them. In fact, you'll probably get some more brownie points if you get all these gangs to wipe eachother out...

Other.

Basic Stats

Party members

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: February 14, 2018, 03:41:01 am »

We should get some rats into the compound. At least one to watch the sewer entrance from the other side before we go through. On that note, if Sucy can dose a zomrat with some narcotics and we can run it into the food... But who knows if that would work. A communal pot of curry or something can spread a rat around with nobody the wiser, but if everyone is eating biscuits and water then we won't be getting away with much...

But rat preparations aside, I say to go with the original plan.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: February 14, 2018, 05:19:38 am »

Start the original plan.  Make the ruckus, sniper goes for the assassination, and we go in the infiltration point if the orc isn't down.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: February 14, 2018, 06:42:59 pm »

So, you know the plan?
Of course, of course. We make a big stink in one of their hangout spots, maybe show off some heads, and in the meantime you get to work. Is your sniper in position?
I don't know, is he?
Your radio crackles to life as the orc gives an annoyed "yeah yeah" through. He was a bit troublesome to get going, apparently he despises climbing to the top of buildings.
Not much of a stairs person. Still, unless they take a long route, they should be passing through there. You, meanwhile, stand ready in the sewers. Kai, Sucy and Hal are here as well, wearing some hired waders after your warning of the flooded area. They're rather glad they thought of it, but only Sucy was clever enough to bring something against the smell. She's holding some strong-smelling herbs under a facemask, to keep the smell out. Kai, meanwhile, vomited pretty much on arrival. Hal complained the whole way. You just kind of accept that you're going to need a very long bath again. Or a hose, to be more precise (Meandra didn't let you into the house until she hosed you off quite liberally.). Still, if this works, you should be able to get two targets down without a hitch.
You wish you hadn't spent all your mana on trying to drain rats. You could have used a little spy, especially one stuffed to bursting with Sucy's... specialities. The radio crackles again, only barely getting reception down in the sewers
...-Onin started their ruckus. They're pretty sav-.... Radio static. Kai takes the radio and waves it around, like he's trying to catch radio waves. Eventually, he finds a position where it works a little better.
-No secret where they are. How are thi-....-end?
Things are normal here, Snip. Tell us when the first moves are made.
Repeat?
Things are fine. Tell us when you see them.
-Ermative. Over and out.
Let's hope those radios last long enough, eh?
The batteries are fine, it's the concrete. Signal's got some trouble getting down here. If it wasn't for the maintenance crews, they wouldn't have put a signal here at all.
Not that much fucking maintenance if we're up to pits in shitwater!
Now, now. Language.
GOD, how can you STAND IT!? You're just standing there like it's the most normal thing in the world!
Spend four years rooting through corpses, i guarantee it'll take a bit to shock you after that.
...Necromancy school must be strange.
Kind of is. Don't you guys have schools for it?
Not enough magic users. Magic is a hobby, at best. Machines transform it into what we need... Though it's a bit dangerous.
Dangerous?
Liquid magic. What do you think happens if that stuff leaks? Casualties are rare, sure, but damn it really messes with people.
Let's stop the talking and get ready, yeah? I want to get out of here as soon as possible.

It takes a while before the movement starts. Snip the orc gives you the go-ahead as he notes the gangs are moving to take back their hangouts. The cameras show a decent fighting force, well-armed. The orc is at the front of it all. Seems like this is the time to go for it!
The sewer grating is shoved open by Kai, his robotic hand holding him to the ladder. He springs out of the hole, and looks around a bit.
Looks clear. We can clear the courtyard. They only left men at the barricades.
People go out, one by one. You're the last one through, and then you get a good look. You're just out of sight for the entrance barricades, and the building you suspect Julius to be in is on the other side. All the way at the top of that building, by all accounts. Your companions take off their wetsuits, leaving the smelly suits in a corner. You're not so lucky as to be able to do that...
Now you need to decide how to play this.

Stealthy.
Minimise problems, and avoid all contact. It will keep collateral to the minimum, but if something goes wrong you're going to get swamped from all sides. Not to mention, this Julius character is famously skittish...

Go loud!
No time to waste. You kill them now, and you take your threat in one direction as you fight your way up. Collateral is likely to be a little higher.

"Alternative"
You enter one of the other buildings. You're likely to come across even more guards, but you'll be able to break open the walls between the buildings to get it. Julius may have prepared his building, but most likely not the others.

Infiltrate.
YOU can't possibly hope in blending in, but perhaps your companions can. Just have them pretend to know what they're doing.

Distract
Sucy knows her way around drugs. Maybe she can spread a little something?

Other

Basic Stats

Party members

Items and equipment

Skills and spells

Sorry the updates have been rather short these days. I'll try to make up for it in the next one.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 04:22:08 am by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: February 14, 2018, 08:17:06 pm »

We probably smell too bad to do any infiltration action.. after all, we came through the sewers.

Also, I think we have yet to be rumbled from that radio chatter.

Stealthy.  We want the orc to get further away from his base before learing that his rear has been attacked, and although we smell, if we keep moving that should be okay.  Since he's on his way out, we aren't burning time by doing it slow.  If we are rumbled, we speed it up.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: February 15, 2018, 03:42:27 am »

They're rather glad they though of it
Thought.

Remind ourself that we have no sense of smell. Unless this place reeks stealth will not be an option. Especially not for us, but rally, as soon as the sewer cover was removed there was a time-limit on someone coming to check on things. Weeeeell, probably... we can't actually verify the severity of the odour, but it makes sense...

We also have to remember to always pack some spare mana when we are on hunts, soul-sight is crazy useful. If we could pick up on life-signs that are running away or seems to have a big influence on what other life-signs are doing, it would really help us track down the boss...

Then there is our failure to bring a lantern with which to store all those rat souls...

As it stands, we have a tentative location of the boss. We should send everyone else to sneak off looking for another way into the boss' compound. We wait for a signal then go knock on their front door and make a distraction/barricade to stop anyone escaping with their entrails internal. We would primarily be aiming for a delaying tactic, trying to look more exotic than dangerous. If things go well, we break some heads and send the boss to our allies. If things go badly, hopefully they want us as a pet more than a corpse and our allies do the cavalry thing. If things go so-so then the sewer-monster blocks off the front door while stealth-team hunts the boss. If things go abysmally then they hit the alarm, cover the back entrance, and level three shotguns in our face. But if we are up against that then we never stood a chance anyway...
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: February 15, 2018, 07:03:53 pm »

Right. I won't be sneaking anywhere with the way I am.
True enough. You smell awful.
Yeah, no sense of smell here. Anyway, you go in when the actual ruckus starts. I'll stay back and keep them from attacking us in the rear. I'll make a big show, it'll be great.
Be careful. These fellas have guns.
I'll take cover.
Hm. If you're going to cause a show, take these. She hands you a collection of bottles she had on her belt, hidden under her long robes. They feel a little fizzy, even through the thick glass. You have two yellows, two greens and one purple, all with a similar sort of liquid apart from the colour.
Yellow ones explode, green ones poison, purple one's a surprise.
What's the surprise?
...I forgot. It's part of my throwables, though, so just throw it at them. And keep distance.
I'm not super excited to hear those types of screams again.
Suddenly, the massive metal arm of Kai shoves everybody back as he makes everybody hush up. You're lucky enough to have a collection of rubbish here to stop them from seeing your party, most likely because of the smell coming off the sewer hole. You'd be surprised if they didn't dump their stuff down there, it makes sense.
It's just some schmuck walking around, looking bored. He eventually starts relieving himself in a corner, as everybody stands ready to murder him at any time. After a few more moments, he finishes peeing in the corner and returns to the barricade, clumsily spinning his revolver in his hand. As you watch, it actually goes flying off his finger and clatters on the floor. He picks it up with clear nonchalance and puts it away in the front of his pants.
...That man is a bigger danger to himself than to anyone else.

After a few more tense minutes, hoping none of them come to check out the horrifying smell coming from the discarded waders, the radio eventually comes on again. If you're done waiting around, you should get a move-on. The fighting's just started on this end. Just the first wave, the orc's not here yet. Seems he stops frontlining when it's actually showtime... I'll keep you posted.
Without a word, the rest of the party starts moving across the square, using the large piles of rubbish and obviously looted furniture as make-shift cover for their approach to the building. You decide to wait in your little trash-corner. It's probably one of the best-protected parts in this dump. They also have a collection of scaffolding in the corner closest to you, for no apparent reason other than to have some elevated place to hang out on. Although... if you took it head-on, people up there would cause a lot of damage. Good thing you played it smart. A few more minutes pass by, with nothing of note happening. Not even one of the remaining barricade guys coming back in. You hear some vague chatter, but you're too far away to understand it. Just some vague mutterings. Your companions have been in the building for some time now...
You take note of your surroundings. Cover to take, escape routes, emergency weapon (lead pipe)... You can make a good stand here. Suddenly, your radio comes to life again.
Your zombies are finally going down. Took down quite a few. The victims aren't rising as other zombies, thanks for that. Don't want another outbreak... That pigeon of yours is freaking me out, though. Those eyes... The Ronin are holding their own, but the Saints are brining in the guns. Ronin can't keep up, couple of casualties already. They're starting to move back, but they're far from out.... I see the target. Standby...
You swear everything turned quiet as your heart went all aflutter. This is it. If this fails, you're in a heap of trouble. You hear the sounds of gunshots and screaming through the radio, distant. After a few more seconds, you suddenly hear the radio going even more quiet before transmitting the echo of the gun. It sounds... bassy. Hefty firepower, to be sure.
Target hit! Right in the head! He looks down... Oh shit.
What's wrong?
H-he just got back up! FUCK! I'm moving, damn it!
Snip? Snip!
The radio transmits nothing but the yells of combat. He must have left it behind! Unfortunately, you hear another command.
IT WOZ N' 'SASSINATION 'TEMPT! BACK TA BASE, THEY'S DISTRACTIN' US!
Well nuts. Time to move the plan forward.

You take a quick peek at the people manning the barricade. Five of them, two of them holding guns and the rest holding all manner of melee weapons. One cleaver, one pipe and one crowbar. Just need to take out the guns...
You don't like it, but your children are going to be of use. You kept them around this time, knowing that they'll fit. You send them out, crawling along the walls and telling them to wait with the attack, and focus on the worst ones. They're clever kids, they'll know...
Then, you take the lead pipe you found, and throw it a small distance, clanking against the ground. The guards are a little slow on the draw, and eventually they send a guy. Single guy, one set of footsteps. Your sword is already out, held in both hands. The steps grow louder and louder, you hold your breath for a few seconds...
SWING!
It takes a little while for the body of the man to actually fall over. In fact, the head stops bouncing at about the time the body stops falling over. Immeadiatly after that, You hear the screaming of two people as your children start attacking. You rush forward at the two wielding melee weapons. One is knocked on his back by your shield, and your parry the one with the pipe using your sword. The pipe ends up stuck in the sword, and you stab forward, ending the man. Your children are stinging and biting every inch of flesh they can find on the gunman, and they are writhing and spinning, trying to get your babies off of themselves. One has fallen to the floor, rolling, while the other has enough presence of mind to try and pull out his gun.
Your sword puts a stop to that, the hand lands along with the gun. as the figure loses consciousness. Then, you stab the one writing on the floor.
That just leaves the one who had a crowbar...

N-NO PLEASE! I-I'll LEAVE. I'LL LEAVE! I-I JUST NEEDED THE MONEY MAN, DON'T KILL ME!
He throws his crowbar away, and crawls back. He is completely and utterly terrified. How... Amusing pitiful. Against your better judgement, however, you let him live.
Go on. Get out of here. Make something of yourself.
I-I will! T-thank you! Y-you won't regret this! He quickly sprints out of here, at speeds you never saw anybody go. Fear truly is an exceptional motivator...
Your children gorge themselves on their fresh prey, and you let them. To your delight, there are make-shift gates here.A little crude, yes, mostly made up of plywood and junk, but gates none the less. It takes a little while for you to figure out the system, however, it uses ropes and some sort of engine? G-Brand Generator X-200 ison the side. After messing with some buttons, the lights come on and you manage to close the ugly gates. You turn that same engine off, of course, fortunately seeing the instructions for just that. You'd smash it, but...
You can already hear thundering footsteps. A large group of people. Damn, too early!
OPEN THE GATES! JULIUS IS IN TROUBLE!
You don't have time to barricade the whole gate. You'll have to make do with the main building.
OPEN THE DAMNED GATES! OR I'LL BLAST THROUGH IT!
You knock over some of the larger bits of trash, anything to get a little more stuff in the way. You manage to shove a couch in the doorframe, just as you hear the gates getting blown to splinters! You catch a glimpse of the orc, more metal than man. Half his face is covered in metal, and three quarters of his torso has been replaced! You duck inside the building, just as the first gunshots start going off. A shoddy barricade, to say the least. You close the door, for as much as it will matter. Still, there's a bar to put in the way. They'll have to break the door down.

There are signs of your companions here, two dead. One looks bloated, lying a pool of... something. Then other has a crossbow bolt in his head. But, you can hear something else in the building.
Did you hear that!? a disembodied voice calls out. He put speakers in the rooms!
My gang has just entered! You might have worked your way past half my guard, but you idiots won't survive my army! My chamber is locked up tight, you'll need DAYS to get in here! Give up now, and I'll consider letting you go...
You feel the foundations of the building shake a little, some plaster coming loose from the wall.
NO! WHAT IS... WHAT IS THIS!? M-MY WALLS...
You hear him scrambling to get out of his chair, his earlier bravado having melted away. You hear a few gunshots, but you are forced to turn your attention elsewhere.
The door is blown off the hinges, and the orc steps through first with a confident gait and a cocky smile.
Won't be reachin' da boss... Dun' mattah. Always wanted ta run dis place by mesself! And YOU!
He cocks his left arm, and you hear an audible electronic whine coming from it. His hand has pulled away entirely, revealing a CANNON.
You's 'bout ta feel the PAIN!

He raises the cannon, and fires immediately! Fortunately for you, there are a few factors at play here.
One, it was a very telegraphed and even kind of slow move for him to raise it first. The electronic whine gave away much.
Second, the projectile itself is actually quite a bit slower than the average bullet. You can actually follow it with your eyes.
Third, you are very fast.
With an almost minimal amount of effort, you dodge the cannonball with inches to spare, and make a mental note that you're lucky he didn't aim lower. You rush forward, before he can load another shot and swing your bastard sword at him! From below, aiming at the fleshy part of his body, you feel a shock travel up your arm as the orc grabs it with his metal hand.
Noice effort. He raises his fist, and sends it barreling towards you as it hisses, steam exploding out the sides. You only barely dodge it, the fist hitting your hair instead. Your head is pulled back as the hair is tangled up! Your children quickly hop over, against your wishes! To your horror, he quickly crushes one of them before they get too close. You roar in a newfound fury, and pull forward, tearing out a part of your hair as your teeth sink into his face. He pulls you loose, yelling in pain as your children start finding pieces of flesh. Energized from their earlier meal, they manage to dodge some of his swings, but you can't finish him off during the distraction! The other gang members are rushing in! Still enraged from the loss of your child, you cleave down with your sword, leaving the blade embedded within the enemy. You grab the gun the dead man was holding, and fire a few clumsy shots, hitting two people with the six bullets fired. It clicks as the hammer strikes against nothing, and you pull out your blade.
Just as you turn back to the orc, you feel a sudden crushing feeling against your torso. A massive, steaming fist hits you square on, and you are sent flying back through the hall! You land on your back, and you feverishly panic as you try to get upright. You hear the dreadful electronic whine again. Just barely, you manage to pull yourself up and climb up the staircase he was so kind to launch you next to. The cannonshot misses just barely, leaving a hole in the wall right behind you.
GOD DAMN MOTHER FUCKER! The orc yells.

More dead guards. The speakers have stopped making noise a while ago, and you hope it means that the companions were successful. Fortunate that the orc wants to do this by himself so much, he spent most of the fight blocking the doors for his own damned men! You can only hope your children got off of him in time...
You'll pay him back for that. Oh yes.
It will be a bloody reckoning.

Keep going up, meet with your friends.
It'll be a while up, and maybe they didn't kill all the guards...

Find a good position, and ambush them.
Doing this alone reduces risk of collateral. He's very triggerhappy...

Revenge now. Let me at him! (let Alexia go nuts)
To call this high-risk is an understatement. A SINGLE hit, and you're OUT! But, if it works...

Basic Stats

Party members

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: February 15, 2018, 07:37:55 pm »

let Alexia go nuts
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: February 15, 2018, 08:02:12 pm »

Ambush.

I want to get a sting off on that bastard.  He might be tough enough to survive a bullet to the head, but baby spiders eating out of him is another thing entirely.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 216