Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 185904 times)

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #1485 on: January 31, 2018, 02:12:53 pm »

I'll take a look at it. You say to Meandra's father. He smiles happily, more like you complimented his suit rather than agreed to murder somebody. He nods once, and then grabs a briefcase. It looks quite expensive, made of fairly thin, studded-looking metal. You don't see that design topside, most people use packs or wood. When he opens it, you see a collection of green notes, with a very fanciful 3 emblazoned in the middle.
You will gain 1000 level three dollars upon completion of this contract, and you have the right to loot anything your other partners don't. Now, I'm just one part of the pot, but this is most likely the money YOU will be receiving at the end of this.
Are you implying there are partners other than my own?
Quite. I'm not the only one burned by these thugs. As I said, the plague was rather horrible until the kill-switch for it was pressed. I'm just one more addition to the "pot". You willbe put in contact with a few others. You will have a talk with a Mr. Johnson at this location.
Who is this mr. Johnson?
Your contact. This is technically shadowrunner work, albeit for the rookies among them. These are mere street thugs, after all, but they're better equipped than I'd like.
Right. Well, I didn't say I agreed quite yet. I wanted to have a look around, first. See what we're up against...
Understandable.
He clicks the briefcase shut. He looks at you with his grey eyes, seemingly trying to pierce your very soul. Intimidation is not very easy when you're about half the size of the one you're trying to intimidate though. You merely cross your arms.
But be warned. If you tell anybody about this deal that's happening, YOU are going to end up on the list of assassinations. Any loose thread is often dealt with, oftentimes by the other shadowrunners who feel unsafe. These are very dangerous people, drider.
Please don't threaten me. Meandra would hate it.
T'is a warning, not a threat. Will you be taking your friends?
I might. Probably not if I'm just scouting. Most people can't climb walls as well as I.
Why did you think the guards were so impressed when they frisked you? Driders are VERY hot commodity here, and as an exceptionally intelligent one you're just about the most valuable thing that breathes on this level.
I see... I'll be careful, then.
You won't be kidnapped, don't worry. The laws on slavery are quite clear. Although... Don't let your guard down, regardless.

The city is easy to navigate, at least. Everything is put up in simple blocks, with the occasional alleyways through the larger buildings. You're going to the bad end of town, so you kept your weapons on you. You feel like you should have asked for a change of clothing, though. You looks stylish, to be sure, but you also feel like several hundred years behind on fashion. You can't even see the stitching on most clothing here, and fancy black suits seem like the set thing for any businessman. The ties are nice.
Eventually, you reach a much filthier part of the city. Trash is common, and there are cans everywhere. Aluminium, from what you can gather on the tickets. Apparently they keep drinks in there, and you've seen a few vending machines. You... don't know quite how it works. There's slot for some of those papers that were in the briefcase, earlier, sure, but how does it know how much? It's fairly tricky magic to figure out for a mere vendor. Man, these dwarves know their stuff...
You also noticed there aren't nearly as many dwarves around as you thought. They form about 60 percent of the people around here, but that remaining fourty percent is made up of humans and orcs. Some of the more rare races are around, too. You even saw a ratling tribe walk through in... provocative clothing. Harem for hire, they said.
This is the wrong part of town, alright.

You find the territory of the thugs easy enough. They call themselves The Saints, based on the graffiti. They don't keep an open door policy, to say the least. They've barricaded the place up with trash bins and pieces of scrap and wood. There's a guard out, wielding a strange-looking pistol. The guard is fiddling around with it, and you see him open it up.
SIX BULLETS. Not just balls, too, they look pointier. Six-shooters sound rather dangerous, to say the least. Nothing you can deal with on your own. But...
Heyyy, girly.
A sudden, rough hand hits your back. You feel a familiar tickle in your neck, confirming your children weren't squished or anything. You've been growing out your hair for a while now, before because you didn't have scissors on you during the travels, and now to give your kids someplace to hide.
You just came in from topside, eh? I can tell. You look amazed at any old piece of junk.
The voice is forced and raspy, and the owner is a fairly small man in a hoodie. The hoodie even looks several sizes too large for him.
Buzz off.
Hey, come on now... We're all friends here.
Good, then you can find a closer friend quite easily.
His hand is still clutched around yours.

Come on... I'm sure we could become much closer friends than anybody else here.
You throw his hand off of you, and start walking away. You wait a little before crossing, making sure none of those car things speeds through you. You cross the street at high speed, using your abundance of legs.
Girly, GIRLY! OY! The man starts shouting. He rushes after you, laughing like a hyena. He clearly expects you to run. You, however, are a bit sterner than THAT. You turn around, and stare him down with your height. Your fists are clenched. Sure enough, the man loses steam just about immediately.
...I see you've danced before. Fine, enough niceties. There's a toll here, see. This is Saint territory, and consider me the local collection plate. Come on, we saved this town, don't ya know?
And how are YOU going to make me pay.
With a flick of his wrist, he reveals a butterfly knife. Nobody is around, at all. It's just you and him.
You snort.

You fiddle with your new knife as the man continues crying on the ground with a freshly broken nose and arm. You didn't even need to pull out your sword, ultimately. You briefly considered stinging him, but he's just some punk. You don't quite trust the police in this place, considering that this part of town has been taken over completely by what looks to be a bunch of angry teenagers and perfectly average scumbags. You look over the territory on the rooftops, grateful that this isn't one of the really tall buildings. Closer to about fifty meters, at the VERY most. You just had to climb about ten. The place looks fairly well-guarded, but there are holes everywhere. The sewers, for one, look completely unguarded. The rooftops are (obviously) not looked after...
If you were to stage an attack, it'd be easy enough. But you've never really worked with gunbattles before...
But with those shadowrunners it should be easy enough.
hm.

But you still need some way to figure out if their extortions are real or not. You stick around a little longer, on your roof. You stare at the massive chunk of rock in the sky, giving light to everything around. It's their version of a sun, you suppose. It works about as well, although you are able to stare at it without going blind. You also noticed that it seems to grow dimmer over time. It even has a day/night cycle. You remember hearing something about how most of their technology is entirely dependant on those rocks. You hardly even remember where you heard it before. Eventually, though, some new people come in and talk to the guard. You can hear everything from the rooftop, their voices carry upwards quite a ways.
Collection plate going good? says the guard. He talks very clear, and pleasantly. Maybe he should be a host for one of those radio-things that were in Meandra's house. Better than being some guard for a bunch of thugs.
Das n' understatement. You can guilt trip 'em jus' by remindin' 'em that we saved their little darlins. Shadowrunners mighta stopped fresh collections, but man we don't even need 'em. Keepin' this up, we can go down a level, soon 'nuff.
Holy exposition, batman! You still can't quite believe they just say that out loud. They like bragging amongst themselves, you suppose, but what the hell, even? Guess it's official, now.

You make it back to Meandra's house without any issues shortly after. Looks like the man was legit.
Of course, the risks are pretty great, too. Not to mention having to deal with people willing to call themselves shadowrunners.

Go meet Mr. Johnson alone
Best move on. Don't want to be late...

Go meet Mr. Johnson with friends
You should make a selection of people to come with you. Don't expect Meandra to follow, though.

Refuse anyway.
Ignore a plothook and make the writer sweat.

Other.

Basic Stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Party members
Hal Durran: Witchhunter
Sucy Bavaran: Alchemist
Yunikki Madotsuki: Chained Wound

Items and equipment

Skills and spells

Page 100 yey
Also, added a party members tab whic wasn't there because I'm not a smart man.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 04:19:12 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: January 31, 2018, 02:31:58 pm »

I Would like to request a reminder of whom is even with us to make things easier on the decision.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: January 31, 2018, 02:37:22 pm »

Go meet Mr. Johnson alone.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: January 31, 2018, 06:39:47 pm »

Ratlings whores... harem for hire

Someone wash my brain

Ignore the plothook
Go alone, I think that we can handle ourselves really well
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: January 31, 2018, 10:21:29 pm »

I Would like to request a reminder of whom is even with us to make things easier on the decision.
Well, we have Yunikki, Warrior trained in many disciplines with a focus towards heavy armour, currently cursed and feral.
Meandra: Plant magic and native of the area, though she has been out of Dwarf lands for a while. Finally home and probably on holidays...
A... Um... The Witchhunter... detacheable head and skill with bows.
Sucy. Ethically-liberal Alchemist. good with poisons.
Empty undead slots: We need familiars, and undead, and Mummy's little eight-legged angels too!
Meandra's father: Successful apothecary and someone who offers assassination work and the line "speak of this on pain of death" to his daughters friends upon their first meeting. Probably nice, Meandra is nice!
Sydney. Significantly-sane monstrous.cursed/marked/infected/corrupted/scarred necromancer. An abandoned child raised by a retired hero in a doomed village who wields a rare power and is observed by cosmic forces, clearly not a protagonist...
Whoever is assigned to monitor Sydney's condition. They are bound to be out there somewhere, watching, waiting, ready to strike...
Whoever I've forgotten. I know there must be someone, my mind is feeling really blank right now...

Refuse anyway.
Ignore a plothook and make the writer sweat.
* RAM drools.

Children:
Firstborn Son 5/5
Firstborn Daughter 6/6
Huh? I thought there were only... Has Sydney been getting up to shenanigans without telling us? How much do they eat? Can they eat standard rations?
Party members
Hal Durran: Witchhunter
Sucy Bavaran: Alchemist
Yunikki Madotsuki: Chained Wound
Okay... Apparently this was right there... And it seems confirmed that Meandra is officially out of the party, although we can probably fix that by going out for a day of fun together and being randomly ambushed.

Someone wash my brain
Oh, don't worry, that phrasing is misleading. "Harem" has implications of being a pack of concubines, which implies females, but ratlings have, like, a 95% male population, and these are for hire, so it is more like a roaming collective of sub-sentient gigolos. But I guess people might not be too familiar with ratling physiology, so they probably can't tell conclusively which gender they are...

Erg... Yunikki mneeds some time without us, she's going to become too dependent, and she is a touch unstable for underground meetings. The witchunter probably doesn't like it, but it certainly seems like these people are plague-spreaders and have no qualms about trying again if they think they can get away with it. Let's take Hal Jordan with us to the meeting. It is always good to have a second pair of ears when negotiating...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: January 31, 2018, 10:41:18 pm »

Lets take Hal after warning Meandra's father about Yunikki's... slight instability, and not to let her out as she would likely get us into quite a bit more trouble then the plot hook is worth.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: January 31, 2018, 10:53:34 pm »

Don't need to warn her father, just say to not bother her unless there is an emergency

Sucy has a bit of experience with amorality and will be a nice touch to take with us if we are going to take somebody

Someone wash my brain
Oh, don't worry, that phrasing is misleading. "Harem" has implications of being a pack of concubines, which implies females, but ratlings have, like, a 95% male population, and these are for hire, so it is more like a roaming collective of sub-sentient gigolos. But I guess people might not be too familiar with ratling physiology, so they probably can't tell conclusively which gender they are...

It didn't got worse, but it didn't got any better
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: January 31, 2018, 11:08:45 pm »

Obligatory vote for ignoring the plot and doing something else.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: February 01, 2018, 12:58:52 pm »

So we've got a vote to visit Johnson alone, with the witchhunter or with Sucy.
One of the requests was to leave somebody behind to deal with Yunikki, just in case. Try to reach a tiebreaker, if you will.
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: February 01, 2018, 01:18:09 pm »

I'll change to going to the meeting with the witchhunter.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: February 01, 2018, 06:52:16 pm »

I actually expected a little downtime, to be honest. But hey, I'm not about to turn down dwarfbucks... I DO get a cut out of this, right?
Of course. You do your part, you get your part.
Good. I've done some work where people were going to pay me in "exposure". Fortunately, they found their money pretty fast when I started leaving.
Funny... Anyway, this is it. The Pickled Clam. We're supposed to ask about the "Indigo Rooms". We got some money for a drink, too, it's considered polite.
You enter the bar, and find out that it's a very ordinary affair, all things considered. You expected neon lights and stripper poles, but it seems like a very normal establishment, used for honest drinks. Of course, that you don't expect it is probably the point. If every seedy bar was a criminal hotspot, they'd be staking those out, of course. And shadowrunner work is safe in that aspect, at least.
The barman is a very jovial looking dwarf, with a bald head so round and shiny the moon would be envious of it. His face is creased, laughlines and age intermingling as his cheeks have a constant healthy glow. He happily asks what you'd like to drink. You reply that you need a way to the indigo rooms. He nods to the door to the left of him, ordinary in every respect. He also asks what you'd like while you wait, considering your "double date" isn't set for another half hour or so. Considering you don't know any of these drinks, and you know from experience you can't hold your... coffee, you ask for something light. And no caffeine. Your companion asks for a shot of whiskey, to which the dwarf happily asks what kind he'd like. You go through the door as they begin a fairly indepth talk about the different types of drinks.

Well, the indigo rooms are a bit more what you'd expect. There actually IS a stripper pole in the middle here, and the room is bathed in purple light. A magical song is playing here, you've heard some things like it during your education, though it feels a bit different. Most likely, this was done with dwarven tech rather than unique ways to distort soundwaves with mana.
Heavy beats that seem to reverberate in your skull, voices saying impossible to understand electric mumbling... It's quite pleasing, surprisingly
Later on, your companion enters the room holding a wine glass and a rather large glass of whiskey. Seems he came to an accord.
We got you a rosé. Ever had one of those?
I don't drink. Can't even drink coffee without getting a buzz, and I did not like the first time I discovered that.
Wait. You get drunk off coffee?
It's a spider thing, apparently. I never looked into the science behind it, but yeah. You take a sip of your wine. You find it more agreeable than you expected, it goes down smooth. You still decide to be careful, though. While you are comparatively quite large to the average human, when it comes to handling alcohol you're just a torso when it comes to size. And that makes about 45 kilos (you've got some muscle on you), which isn't a lot. Your spider parts just don't do anything with the alcohol. At all. Probably because the blood isn't exactly the same.
You don't make sense, biologically.

After a few more minutes other people trickle in. One of them's an orc, a small and mousy looking green man. If it wasn't for his facial structure, you'd say he was a goblin. He has a thick pair of glasses and some kind of device with him. A massive amount of buttons and a glowing screen appear when he folds it open, and he quickly ticks away. You're tempted to ask what he's doing, but you're not ready to appear stupid quite yet. Fortunately, the next person soon enters. A human, from what you can tell. Massive, nearly as tall as Vvulf was, except he doesn't have the same tendency to hunch. He stands tall and proud, most of his chiseled body visible. His skin is ebony, which only contrasts with his metal arm. The arm is quite large, and there are all manner of gaps and others. That arm's got a lot of toys in it, you can tell. The man looks over the room, taking stock of everything around him. He nods when he sees the orc, who nods back. Possible history? When he spots you and the witch-hunter, though, his expression turns to curiosity. Distant curiosity, mind you. Everything seems distant about this man.
Two topsiders. One a drider, and the other a ranger. Interesting. You come from Pharmea?
You remember that as the name Meandra's family dropped on things they own, but...
Who knows. We're here for the job, same as you. We don't pry, do we now? Hal says. He looks the man in the eyes, unafraid of the massive man.
Good answer.
He takes a chair and sets himself down on the table you were occupying. The orc is just a table away. Privacy-minded, you suppose.
I am Kai. Or at least, that is what you'll be calling me. Is this your first shadowrun?
...Yes. Not our first job as mercenaries, but the first time we go as shadowrunners.
Do not mistunderstand. I mean well. I believe one must know what one will be fighting with. I can guess the ranger's skills, but driders are always an unknown. Are you a spy, or a fighter?
I did some scouting before I came here, actually. The sewers and the rooftops are weak points, on that note.
The man laughs. More of a chuckle, but his deep voice makes it impressive all the same.
Excellent work, drider. But I see that weapon. You know your way around a swordfight, no?
You could say that. I know my way around a punch-up, too, on a bad day.
...Understatement. Let's hope it doesn't come to that, alright?
Hm. I'm a ranged fighter, despite my looks.

His arms clicks open on multiple points. You see a varied collection of gun barrels and pistons, with small boxes of bullets. You assume them to contain bullets, anyhow, you don't see any other reason for them.
I have a ballistic fist option, of course. Anybody who gets close gets punched with buckshot.
Buckshot?
Imagine a gun firing several smaller pellets at the same time. Inaccurate over long ranges, but up close it could fell an ogre in one punch.
...Wow.
Hmmm, yes. Quite worth losing my arm, no?
Seems a bit excessive for that, though.
Ah... difference in culture, I suppose. Now, I believe our mr. Johnson will be here any moment now.

As if on cue, a man who appears to be a brick on legs walks in. Perfectly square, with a face that could be used to stamp coins. Flat forehead. He looks perpetually tired and/or pissed off, and is quick to get to the point. He places his briefcase on your table without a word. The orc comes in close, leaving his computer on his own table.
I assume most of you know what you're up against? The voice is rather nasal, but there is a growl in the Mr. Johnson's voice. It demands listening to.
Regardless, I will go over the details. My employers would like a rather dangerous band of thugs disappear from the area and to have their goods recovered. Their reasons are irrelevant, but their money is not. Between the four of you, we will be spreading 3000 dollars. If anybody dies, the money goes to the remaining benefactors. HOWEVER. If we find ANY foul play amongst you, you will not be paid. This can happen retroactively and will be done with EXTREME prejudice. I will remind you other Shadowrunners do not appreciate traitors. On that note, we will be linking you all. In the drinks you have received, there is a small microchip that will not monitor your vitals and location for the next two days. This will be shut down and removed upon completion of the job, or after the two-day wait. With that out of the way, I will go over your targets. The main targets are the leaders of the Saints. The face of the Saints, as visible on this document
He slides a document on the table. You see a picture of an orc with a ton of piercings over his body and exceptionally large tusks.
From what we can tell, he's not the brains of the operation, but he IS the show of force the men rally around. He is heavily augmented, so beware of that. I suggest a surprise attack. The secondary target is Julius, the brains of the operation. He's the one that made the deal with the plague-makers, and brought the Saints up from a two-bit gang to the owners of a whole neighbourhood. He is not combat-capable, but very paranoid.
With good reason. His precautions have foiled five previous assassination attempts from rival gangs, which the Saints then proceeded to beat into submission. Still, you are a bit more intelligent than the average gangers, I hope.
These are your main targets. The secondary objective is cracking the Julius Vault. The place they keep all their ill-gotten gains. You are not to loot anything in there. We will send in a secondary team to bring everything back to its rightful owners. Failure to uphold this rule will cut into your reward, up to and including going in debt.
You do NOT want to be in debt to us.
Are there any further questions?

Well, are there?

Basic Stats

Party members

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: February 01, 2018, 07:50:28 pm »

"What's with this tracking device?  I don't want to have a thing telling people where I am before I'm about to kill someone.  Maybe he's got something that can read it.  And I'm a big blue drider.  How much tech do you need to track me down after the job?"

"Also, I'm not seeing any money up front.  If you trust us to get the job done, there should be some money up front.  Planning a job is much easier if there's a little money to spread around."

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: February 01, 2018, 10:43:03 pm »

What are the know augmentations of the orc?

If there is a routine of the targets what are they?

We need later find some Taxidermy shop or something that looks like a graveyard, we need to get our two familiars., or maybe just the waste of a barbecue is enough to provide us with a bunch of bones.

OH, how much might cost an augmented eye? We can replace the lost one
Novice english wordsmith

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: February 02, 2018, 01:47:46 am »

Is there a time-limit? That second-team probably doesn't want to be left waiting.
 Is there some way to identify the second team? We wouldn't want to mistake them for gangers...
 Any rules on collateral damage? Are fires likely to get out of hand? Any prominent groups who might have representatives in the area that we shouldn't offend? Would it be awkward if there were rumours of their hires doing things that would part the strong-willed from their breakfast? We don't intend to make a mess, but haven't always had the best luck...
 Are we accountable for the condition of the vault and its contents? Of so we'd like extra. There is a big difference between breaking a place while hunting down a couple of targets compared to capturing it, holding it, and making sure that neither us nor they start throwing buildings around or sneak off with the goods!
Do they have any information on the gang's past activities? It might help us to know how they'll react to various approaches...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: February 02, 2018, 07:00:08 pm »

How about you explain how having something that tracks my exact location would be a clever idea around a known tech guy? Or even WHY. I don't know if you've noticed, but I am a MASSIVE. BLUE. EIGHTLEGGED. DRIDER.
You may have waved your arms a bit dramatically there. But honestly, when you get to point out the obvious in a furious manner it's practically required.
Understandable question. We found that a temporary tracking device is safer when dealing with rookie-level shadowrunner jobs. While it has proven... unpopular with most, it has reduced the amount of traitors and job shirkers considerably. Don't take it personally, miss.
Really, don't. Assaulting a Johnson is a quick way to get blacklisted... usually followed by an obituary.
I wasn't about to assault him. But fine, whatever, what's done is done. As for the rest, is there some money up front? A little spending money is always useful for an assassination, I bet.
Considering the trackers? Yes. Don't get used to it. There is five-hundred dollars for use for your group. You will get the remaining 2500 upon completion, divvied up equally. Keep a tab on who spends what.
Trust me. I will The orc says. First time he talks. He has a surprisingly ordinary voice. The type you'd forget about two seconds after, nothing special about it. It's so normal it doesn't fit the eccentricity of his general appearance. Paradoxical normality.
Right. On to the job itself. Is there a time limit?
Any time beyond two days, and you will return here to take another tracking device. If nothing comes of it a week after the last device has been used, we will declare you off the job.
Right. And if we're late on the trackers?
Reduced reward. Simple as that. A ten percent reduction per day you spent outside of our agreement.
Rules on collateral?
Any collateral damage will come out of your pay. You have Carté Blanche on the actual hide-out, of course, but the buildings must remain standing. No fires, fire safety is terrible there.
You need a moment to collect yourself before asking the next question. You're not too proud on how many people you've eaten and eviscerated....How careful should we be on... excessive violence? Things can get heated, especially for me.
You're pretty much encouraged to go all out. The collective plans on using fear to keep the Saints from reforming. The fact we sent in shadowrunners does enough to deter most, we figure.
Right... Are we accountable for the condition of the vault and its contents?
Don't steal anything and you'll be fine. Avoid collateral, but we don't pay you well enough to keep it intact... However, there is a bonus on offer if everything is kept intact.
We will be going for that. Where is it located?
We don't know. The location should be connected to Julius. Once you take him down, the location shouldn't be too difficult to figure out. Maybe a capture would be better. If you're averse to enhanced interrogation techniques, you can hand him over to us.

We have ways.

You feel some cold sweat when he says that. You don't doubt for a second that their organisation can make people sing like a nightingale if they wish.
Right. How does the gang generally operate. Anything we can use?
They mostly use threats, but have been known to use extreme violence to get their way. They keep themselves out of the sexual trade, but have a steady hand in the drug trades. They muscled out the previous gangs by overwhelming them with concentrated efforts to spread them out. The orc was essential for most of the heavy hits, and from what we can tell he's responsible fro the more grisly warnings. Corpses on display, collected heads, et cetera. It made the police scared to come near, in case they would move to civilians. Fortunately, they have an honor code to keep civilians out of any crossfire. They conduct "business" with them, but nobody ever got killed. Of course, they are NOT averse to breaking legs.
What are the augmentations of the orc?
Hard to tell. Enhanced strength, for one, and possibly a few hidden guns, like Kai here. Despite his grisly way of working, he managed to keep his weapons quite secret. We can thank Julius for that.
Any routines?
They don't go out of their territory much anymore. Building 5 in their hideout, the blue building with the graffiti of the naked woman on the front, is where we suspect Lucuis hangs out. Top of the building. Lights are always on, blinds are down. We can't see much else.
You remember that building. It was the tallest one there, but you were angled in such a way you were pretty much impossible to see. No windows in your direction.

I suppose that covers it.
Excellent. Here's your early money. He throws a wad of cash on the table, bound with a simple elastic band. Fairly thick.
The Mr. Johnson leaves without any further words.
Right. You've scouted the place. What's the plan?
Before we go, what can our small friend here do?
I disrupt communications, lure people, confirm things, take over any cameras, and I do some sniping on the side. Find me a good spot, and I'll be worth my share. Not to mention, I can procure anything you'd like.
What the price on a replacement eye?
The most basic one I can find is 250 dollars, but that's black market. If you want it to work as good as any other eye, you go up to 750. You want special functions in there, you're going to need about 1500, and only if you know EXACTLY where to look. My fee is fifty, if you want to go there. For who is it, anyway?
Me.
Ah... I thought that was a lazy eye.
I lost it, actually, but they grew it back. Non-functioning.
She's got extras, at least.
You could try corrective surgery. Nothing they can bring topside, but with the right doctors you could have your eye working again for as little as 300 dollars.
Cheaper if you trust Chopshop. Then it just costs you 100. 150 if you want to reach him through me.
He's better than he sounds, but you need to visit a normal doctor right after. His stuff's automated.

That just leaves the planning stage. Before you get wild, optic surgery still takes a long time. More time than your fellow shadowrunners are willing to give up. You need to scout it out again if you want a proper map.

Basic Stats

Party members

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 216