Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 185911 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #1470 on: January 26, 2018, 06:32:17 pm »

We've dealt with enough curses to deal with this, and we can get some chains or something or even just hang him by a silk thread by the small of his back, although that isn't perfect... but there are ways of dealing with the danger so long as we know. Will he be any trouble crossing dwarven security? Does he have any problem with gold right now? Or experience any other symptoms aside from the risk of losing his head? Would the destruction of his head have any effect? What of his soul, is it weird? Is the curse necromantic in nature? Can we attempt to control it long enough for him to remove the armour? Could Sucy come up with some sort of gold injections or some sort of purifying agent? Can we cook food over his neck and does it taste strange? Is he currently wearing the cursed armour? Does it still exist?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: January 26, 2018, 06:34:23 pm »

Can we cook food over his neck and does it taste strange?

I know that we WILL do this someday
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: January 26, 2018, 07:09:21 pm »

Maybe the cookbook has special recipes based upon available tools...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: January 26, 2018, 08:10:42 pm »

Also, good on you for avoiding calm mind. That was essentially a trap, because of the reasons Dev stated. As I stated, I am a cruel god.
Hmm.  Well, hopefully this'll be remembered next level.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 08:19:14 pm by Devastator »

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: January 27, 2018, 06:28:55 pm »

Alright. We'll just figure it out as we go, I suppose. What's one more incurable thing to cure along the way, ey?
Oh thank god. I was worried there for a second.
A third of me had a homicidal urge to randomly murder you, yes, but that's nothing out of the ordinary.
Hm.
But we've got some other things to worry about. For starters, we are going to the dwarf cities. No unneeded stops.
Hey, we've got years. And what's one more weird curse, eh?
Shut up. Yunikki glowers at the man. Still touchy, of course.
Meandra puts her hand on Yunikki's shoulder, to keep her calm. Yunikki...
Shut. Up! She throws the hand off her, stepping away. Her breathing heavy, she covers her face with her hands again, scratching herself. Not with an active intent to hurt herself, but...

Yunikki! That's enough!
SHUT UP! SHE'S DEAD! YUNIKKI'S FUCKING DEAD! SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!
Well, NOW she's actively trying to hurt herself. You hoped this wouldn't happen so fast. She seemed to be improving...
STOP IT!
She stops immediately. She looks at you with fearful eyes, through her fingers. Looks like your show in the castle kept its effects...
You aren't dead. Now calm down!
Her breathing slows, but she's clearly crying behind her hands. You sigh, and give her a hug while you give her some reassurance. You don't know if it really helps, but it doesn't seem to hurt. She calms down completely after a while, while your companions looks around awkwardly. They don't know what to do, exactly, considering she doesn't react to well to anybody but you
I just... I don't know anymore. I can't be her again, alright? She died. She got killed by the vampire. Just... stop calling me that.
...I won't. You're still you. But... If you're going to keep hurting yourself trying to keep yourself covered, we should try to find a mask.
Yes. Yes yes yes.
I've got some tools for making a mask on me. You'll need to find the wood yourself, though.
Why do you have that?
I collect things on the go. These things can double as that.

You keep Yunikki close to you, to keep a proper eye on her. She keeps herself close to you at all times, completely against what she usually did. She was never very big on touching, but now that's clearly different. At least in regards to you, specifically.
You're probably going to get the final say on the design of the mask, if nothing else. The Witchhunter has a small woodcutting axe on him, so the next tree you see should work well enough. You only meet a few other travellers on the road, mostly wanderers. One trader was available, but he wasn't willing to sell anything on the road.
Well, it looks like the road to the dwarven cities is going to a calm one.

Maybe think of a design for the mask. And while you're at it, how you're going to handle a few things. How to deal with Yunikki in general, for one.

Basic Stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Items and equipment

Skills and spells

Boy howdy we're getting close to a 100 pages. Isn't that neato?
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: January 27, 2018, 08:54:03 pm »

We went there and fought Vampy to save someone, and we did that. A life for a life is not a good trade, so we made sure that we didn't lose anyone! We saved Eveline's mother, and didn't lose anyone in the process, so we won, and that is exactly how it happened. There were losses, but none from our band- Familiar's don't count...! We. Didn't. Lose. Anyone! So Yunikki must have survived.

Besides, Yunikki has a place in this world. We are going to the dwarven lands, finding whatever counts for a spa over there, and washing this whole miserable ordeal off of us. Does this "Onryu" person relax in spas? She sounds more like the type to fight with the staff and get everyone thrown out. Is she any use travelling? Yunikki is great at organising these things, Onryu likely can't even put up a tent and has to sleep out in the rain, like some sort of duck, except without the waterproof feathers. Onryu is pretty handy in a fight, provided the fight calls for leaping in with no thought. Just look at the mess she makes of her gear! Yunikki known better than anyone how important it is to maintain gear, is she really just going to sit by and ignore it as those chains rust and buckle? Start catching on themselves and locking up? "Onryu" needs Yunikki more than Yunikki needs Onryu, and Yunikki will be coming back as soon as Onryu's mess becomes too much to bear, and she knows full well that it is better to fix a mess before it happens. She has always been the sensible one who knows that bad stuff happens and overcomes it. Back when Old Jesty's ritual happened, she had less warning than nearly all of the other survivors, but made it out in as good shape as any of them. She knew that bad stuff could happen and protected herself. That was some insane god of impossibility being summoned by a bunch of rocks and a random insane bandit half the size of a house. This was just one spoiled brat who happened to be a little bit undead, downright mundane by comparison, she knows that people like that exist, she knows the damage that they can do, and she knows how they do it, and she knows that everything that they did to her can be rebuilt or endured. She will get her pride back. She was captured by a lord, with absurd personal strength, and a pet alchemist who was obsessed with unsafe experiments. When that happens, in the real world, the story ends with "they died forgotten in a cell, in pieces on a slab, or broken as a slave." but THIS tale ended with "she ripped the lord to pieces, saved her friends, and set off to continue their journey...". Yunikki didn't fail, not even slightly, she went into a terrible situation and came out of it better than any sensible person could have hoped. Yunikki is a hero, one of those great champions of stories whose exploits would be doubted by any who did not witness them. She was hurt, badly, but she will recover. She will retrain her skills, own or break her curses, build such a reputation that none would dare incur the shame of speaking against her honour, amass an armoury of legend, and do it all as Yunikki, because we all know that Onryu cannot achieve such things. Perhaps Onryu will remain in some form, to come out to entertain Alexia who is no doubt drooling over someone so malleable, no doubt they would get along like a house on fire, and likely provide plenty of literal demonstrations of such to compare with... Onry is, quite obviously, a bit of a mess. She can't march in formation, stand straight, nor carry supplies with any sort of order, and knowing little besides attacking, would not have handled that "curse" comment so diplomatically, so it is already clear that Yunikki is still here, and to claim otherwise is just to attribute her own efforts to another.

She already knew back at the academy that the crusaders were not here path. She was already done with them. She found much that suited her there though, so all she needs is to find, or build, a group that relies less on doctrine and more on awareness. Or demonstrate such values by her own efforts.

Onryu needs battle, and whatever else she craves. There is a long road to travel and much time to think before us. This road and this time are far more fearsome foes than appearances would suggest. Yunikki has faced many such foes in the past and overcome them all. Onryu would likely crumble after a few days of idle thought bereft of satisfaction, she needs to be Yunikki if she wants to survive this unscathed.

The mask should be plane and medical. Keep the wound unbothered while it heals. If she truly desires a new face, then that can be tended to once the wound has settled.
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: January 28, 2018, 05:26:52 pm »

A simple wooden mask, with nothing special on the outside. It covers all of Yunikki's face, and is extended to cover everything of the burnt in mark. Thanks to Sucy, you made sure it helps as much as possible in healing the injury. The scar is going to be permanent, but she's been scratching and damaging the scab constantly. Sucy made sure there's a small covering of sterile, soft bindings. A little pillow, so to speak. Sucy has a few antiseptics to throw on it, but that means she needs to replace it nearly daily. Sucy... isn't quite ready to do that.
I'm not touching anything that belong to her right now. I don't want to wake up getting strangled. You do it.
She won't strangle you for helping her, come on now.
Sucy just looks at you with a completely neutral expression. Her stare alone gets the message across well enough, though...
Looks like it's up to you. You use those moments to have a little heart to heart with Yunikki, reminding her of what she is and what she stands for. You notice that talk of her military training really seems to resonate. Soon enough, she's carrying her part of the packs again. She still won't let anybody but you come close, but it's a BIG step.
Maybe you WILL be able to rehabilitate her. You hope, in a few thousands of years, you can go to hell just to rub it into the vampire's face.
And to kill him again, hopefully.

The roads remain completely quiet, and setting up a guard at night has proven to be completely unneeded. Not that you'd neglect to post one, of course. You found a few people to camp with on occasions. Most people on the way to the dwarves are either dwarves themselves (you've seen more dwarves over the last few days than all years before it!) or "border traders", who mainly sell in enchanted antiques. Most of these things are completely worthless, though. A clock that shows the time the closest OTHER clock is portraying, for one, or a teacup that turns red when it's filled with anything warm. Apparently, it's the only thing that sells with the dwarves. They've got so much fancy things in there, if the walls were ever taken down it'd be a revolution for the entire topside world. Great buildings that reach hundreds of meters, guns beyond the mere flintlock (which is rare enough), even things you can implant under the skin to make you stronger!
Meandra isn't very forthcoming about everything that's there, but it sounds like a paradise, to say the least. Although...
There's a lot of dangers, too. Organised crime isn't just a danger, it's a fact of life. Corporations that own entire cities is another thing. Private armies...
You can hardly imagine it all, to be honest.

Finally, after a week of uneventful travel, you finally reach the entrance of the dwarven homes. It's a massive dune that goes on beyond the horizon. A massive wall blocks all travel to the cities, barbed wire and armed guards standing on top. They're wielding muskets, from the look of things. Every. single guard.

Dearest reader, I don't think you fully understand just have special it is to see every single guard on a wall that goes further than the eye can see wield a musket. Anything more advanced than a pistol is already exceptionally rare, and here everybody is wielding a musket. Pistols could be smuggled, muskets could not. You don't see these at all out in the world, even the most well travelled wanderer woudn't see more than a hundred guns, and that's if he speaks with everybody who might conceivable have one. If you've ever entered a place that is clearly and obviously far above your paygrade, it's that feeling this wall is going to instil.

Sydney? Come on. I've got an ID, we can use the preferential lines.
The lines for entering the dwarven cities are immensely long, but the preferential lines are just about empty. You only have to stop before a single dwarf, who seems to be returning from a long campaign, based on the heavily used axe and overflowing treasure bag he (proudly) showed to customs.
Then, it's Meandra's turn. She looked positively giddy to be back home again.
The guard is behind a solid-looking pane of glass. There's a small slot that allows one to slip a card through. The guard seems to be quite pleasant, not quite what you'd expect from a border guard.
Alright, miss. Looks like your ID is in order... Are these people with you?
Indeed they are. They're my bodyguards.
Interesting choices you've made. The drider's a good choice, if you can tame them, and those two look like proper mercenaries... Not too sure about HER though. The guard points at Yunikki, who is clutching her mask.
She suffered some really bad injuries. The mask is medicinal.
...Really now? We can't take in any stray that comes in for the rain, miss. Lying will not help them.
It's not a lie. Look at the mask yourself. Sucy says, deadpan and quietly. You take off Yunikki's mask to show the soft parts of it. Just as the guard is about to speak up, he sees the mark on Yunikki's face. His suspicious expression turns right around
Ah... Blasted savages. My apologies. Enter through gate three, please. One at a time.

You enter one by one, you go just before Yunikki does, in case she gets troublesome. There is a frisking, to check for anything illegal. They ask a few questions about the blood vials Sucy kept on her (thank god she did, or it would have been an awkward week), but your explanation of latent vampirism seems to have cleared everything up. You are told to keep the vials to yourself, though. There are a few other things that Sucy wasn't allowed to bring, mostly her stock of the more exceptional poisons. Apparently, she needs a permit for those, but when she leaves she can pick her stuff up again. Dwarven insurance guarantees that anything that went bad in the meantime will be replaced free of charge. Seems like an impossible system to keep going, though...
Hal Durran's frisking took a long while. He had to help out to show them all the places he hid his knives, which did get him the respect of the friskers. Seems like they really like co-operative people, eh? He gets to keep all of his stock, but that he needed a permit to stock so many of them in the places he did. It's fine as long as he keeps them in a bag, at least.
Yunikki was troublesome, to say the least. Your frisking took a little longer considering your size and them not being used to your body shape (they seemed in awe of you, though. Looks like there aren't a lot of driders here.), but Yunikki was very stressed at the strangers looking through her. After some convincing, you were allowed to help keep her calm as they stripped off her chains to look through the links for anything hidden. Without the chains, it's much more clear she's still wearing rags. She shakes and mumbles for as long as she can't wear them. Muttering on and on about how it isn't safe for everybody involved.
Eventually, though, you manage to leave without incident. Yunikki was quick to put the chains on again, although she needed your help. You weren't too happy to do so...

You are brought to an odd metal box shortly after, to bring you to the proper level. Apparently, you're at level 3 now. It just... carried you down. You're going to need some time getting used to all the tech, that's for sure.
When you leave, you notice that despite being quite a distance underground, there's still a lot of "sunlight". Looking up, you can see a massive glowing rock providing all the light for the city.
Speaking of the city.
Holy shit.
Wow...
Even Sucy is agape when she sees the sheer size of the city. The buildings really DO reach HUNDREDS of meters into the sky, lined with windows and lit up from the inside. The roads are made of stone at the sides, placed in equal squares with a black road for self-moving carriages. No horse, no magic, they just move forward while roaring like beasts. Meandra was quick to show you the ropes, telling you to always look left and wait for the green light at every crossing. They must have some weird-ass torches inside those poles, with the way the blink around like that...
You finally reach Meandra's home. You hadn't expected her to have such a massive one, to say the least. It's a mansion! A mansion with a garden on the roof, from the look of things...
DAD! she yells, as she rushes to the middle-aged man in a black suit. She hugs him with full momentum, but the man is far more sturdy than he appears, barely even flinching from Meandra's glomp.
Meandra! Darling... It's been a long time. How were your studies?
They went great, pop. I'll be able to do everything I promised, and MORE.
I see you've brought friends?
Meandra was quick to introduce you all. Her father was impossibly calm and collected for all of it, not even raising an eyebrow at any of it.
You are free to stay here and rest for a time. It's a bit overwhelming to go from the outside to the dwarven cities, to say the least. I'll have the guest rooms prepared...

Gladly.
We're probably going to stick around for a little while. Best get some rooms situated, no?

I'm going to explore, if you don't mind.
It's probably a little dangerous to do so without a guide, but there are so many things you need to discover here!

Other.

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: January 28, 2018, 06:00:18 pm »

Gladly, We heard that there was a sort of a crime problem here, and considering the weapons just the guards on the OUTSIDE use, I doubt we want to be wandering around right now.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: January 28, 2018, 06:10:39 pm »

Gladly. We could use some relaxation time.

If Yunikki is that worried about hurting people, maybe she could spend some time without the chains in a sturdy room/nice prison. Even if a prison isn't really any better, and is maybe even worse, it would be good to have some variety, rather than just letting the chains be completely familiar...
Or straight-jacket pyjamas?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 06:15:24 pm by RAM »
Read the First Post!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: January 28, 2018, 06:14:16 pm »

I'm going to explore, if you don't mind.

Exploring is relaxation time, in my opinion.  We're going to be here a while, no sense in spending all that time shuttered away.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: January 29, 2018, 06:13:08 pm »

I'll gladly take you up on that. Maybe we can have a little talk about-
Actually, if you're free, I have something that might interest you.
Pardon?
Meandra trusts all of you enough to let into the city, and that tells me that she knows you well enough. And I need somebody I can trust for this job, and I'm not much of a merc user.
Dad? What did you do... Meandra says, a dangerous edge to her voice you're not used to hearing.
There was a plague. An artificial plague, but a plague none the less. Your mother and I grew sick, and had to take a loan from some very bad people to afford the medicine. It was winter, our plants could not be sold. A team of shadowrunners took care of the plot, but my debts are coming to bite me.
...So you need a guard?
Meandra's father leans forward in his chair as he looks at you with a glare. You feel as though the glare isn't for you, though.No. I need an assassin.
...They're topsiders, pop. This isn't as normal for mercs up there.
Even if these peddlers are the remnant of those who spread the plague, even if I told you they are bleeding the damned district dry, using the goodwill they gained by selling the medicine!? The average person doesn't know a fucking a thing about these plots! WE DO. So I'm telling you, I need a damned cleaner for this cancer on my city!
Dad! Calm down... Remember your heart.
The man sits down, his earlier fervor melting away. He turns back into the middle-aged man you saw before, rather than a ruthless businessman.
Right... Right. It's just... they know where your mother and sister are. I couldn't hide them well enough. If I don't...
We'll do it. Yunikki says, her voice a little raspy and soft.
...I think this should be handled democratically. I don't think our witchhunter agrees on assassinations.
I've done merc-work. I've even done assassinations. But... I need proof these are bad people. The word of one man in debt isn't enough.
...Maybe we should just keep calm. Go to your rooms, maybe. Settle in and think about it for a time. We'll find another way if you decline. Honestly, I can probably GIVE you the other way, pops!
Even with the magic you've learned, our gardens are waning. The plague was not discriminate. We have hardly any of our soil remaining...
Give me a few days, and you'll be back to selling your plants. Sydney, Yunikki? Follow me to your room. You'll be bunking together. Hal? You can talk with pop a little longer. It'll take a while for your room to get set up. We've been using it as storage.

Fun little flower shop you're running.
Drug supplies. People need their opiates, and this is where we grow them. And much more complex things, of course. We're the best place for herbs. Don't let the quaint little housing fool you.
Quaint, she says. This is twice the size of my home, and that was an entire inn.
Huh, really? Wish I could have visited it sometime... Maybe in a few years, no? But, I'm getting off topic. We also run the largest pharma company on the second level.
But your pop's dealing with debt!?
You wanna know how much a level 2 dollar is worth here? A tenth. A TENTH of a 3-dollar. The poorest beggars in level 3 are middleclass in level one. fat load of good that does them. The lower you go, the more opportunity. We're just "starting out", and we will be "starting out" for the next two years. After that, we're officially established, and we get the RIGHT to grow. Then we get a new building, get some employees, and maybe my grandchildren will get to see the wonders of level four.
...seem angry? Yunikki grunts. It's the little improvements that really grab you, isn't it?
After so much time aboveground? It's horrible to see all these rules again... I love living here, but when it comes to business it's a mess.
You seemed so excited.
I had hoped my father would keep the business out of it for at least a few days. Let me settle in. And now I hear he's been dealing with loan sharks, and there's been a problem so large shadowrunners could OPENLY take credit. They don't come out unless they know damn well the authorities couldn't take them in without there being a riot. It was a massive shitshow, is what it was!
What are shadowrunners, anyway? Some merc band?
Close. They're the elite criminals. When corporations, other mercenary bands, or organized crime needs somebody, they get a group of shadowrunners. It's not an organisation, per se, just a calling card of the most dangerous people around. Street Samurai, deckers, adepts, investigators and the ever important faces. That's not even all of them, but that's some of the types. To give you an idea, you'd be a street samurai. Purist street sammie, to be precise. Most use cybernetics to give themselves an edge. some turn themselves full robot.

What the hell are either of those things?
Replacing a piece of yourself with something mechanical to make it work better than it ever could without. You're a necromancer, you've seen limb replacements. Imagine that with an arm that doesn't grow tired, and just needs electricity or magic energy to keep going. AND it could crush a bowling ball into a golf ball by squeezing with one hand.
But... How do they stop their real arms from getting in the way of that.
They cut them off. They're REPLACEMENTS.
They do that WILLINGLY?
U-unholy...
Yeah. It's very addicting, too. It starts with some subdermal plating, and before you know it they're a brain in a jar, attached to some deathbot.
What a bot?

Meandra opens the door into a surprisingly colorful room. There's a big bag here, and a collection of pillows. And a relatively simple bed, though it seems rather soft.
It's a tool, in this context just imagine a metal man with every single weapon or tool hidden away in his back.
Like a golem?
Yes. Like that. More compact and certainly shinier, though.
Goodness... I feel really out of my depth.
You'll get used to it. Anyway, you can consider my dad's proposal here. I'm going to work my magic on the plants outside. They'll grow again if it fucking kills me.
She walks out of the room, looking a little exhausted. She could always talk, but you seem to have tuckered her out a little. Maybe she's just not that excited about this place's seedy underbelly. As far as underbellies go, this one sounds exceptionally seedy.
You pet your children as you consider the offer. Meandra's father seems rather honest, but...

I'll take a look.
No need to be hasty. You will take a little look at how everything goes, see if nothing seems out of place.

We'll do it.
Best to get yourself established here. Some money in the bank.

No.
You're not some assassin. You'll defend him, sure, but no outright assassination.

Other
Regardless of your chosen option, you'll always ask what the reward is for this "service".

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 07:01:58 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: January 29, 2018, 07:28:31 pm »

We are going to face someone who is cloning us because we don't like it, and from what we know they're legal on there, so we will probably be marked as criminals for disrupting a slave market, let's see this as a training, follow our daddy steps make the bandits fear the surname Aestinus

Come on, we joined a bandit gang to save our town, what's bad into killing one bandit gang who is draining the poor? And escort meandra a fuckton of miles facing a vampire to just let her family being murdered by bandits would be a not nice ending to our dwarven arc

Talk with the old man, not only see what he will offer us for our trouble but what are the local laws about killing criminals

Add our two cents, talk with him that we already had to deal with a bandit group to save our village, and we know that assassination is a bit of, useless. unless he know that who we are going to kill is the only thing tying them together the group will only cease when a bunch of bodies disappear or they lose something big other than that just education, but it's a bit too late

Plus, what he has or can easy find in term of weapons, if they use "thunder metallic golems" (It's easy to compare tech to magic, it's just weird to see these things working or happening when you're only used to one, or to understand how the fuck that works) we are gonna need some kind of mace at least because I don't think blades gonna work in something that is a walking iron shield

Plus, if we got some time to rest and someone talk about business, remember Meandra that Eveline is making a alchemist tower, maybe both of you could fetch a nice price in exporting goods, and maybe she could bring sell giant cave spider's silk/hide as an exotic good for meandra to resell (or create some new recipes) both could use each other to grow and help others somehow, an floramancer businesswoman and an alchemist landowner
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: January 29, 2018, 07:47:05 pm »

We'll do a look at it.
Agreed. But I would very much like to know more. If this was a plague then it must have hit other people, Meandra knows other people here, right? And those Shadows were famous or something? People should know something about the plague or medicine being suspicious...

Very much agreed on the equipment though. If they have entire armies with muskets and metal golems with the wits of people then we could easily be out of our depth. We really need to cook up some corpses too. Muskets need to hit bone to be much good against zombies, and if there are people in those golems then they will be using something like eyes, eyes can be blocked regardless of how tough they are... Some sort of constricting snake or... could we bring back the novelty bolas? The dwarves probably haven't seen anything like them...
Read the First Post!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: January 30, 2018, 06:34:04 am »

I think we'll be doing it, we don't have any better offer, and if we're going to do it reconnisance is going to be the order of the day in any case, and backing down if the guy didn't tell us the truth is okay.  That's just what being a merc is about, nobody expects you to be 100% absolutely reliable with someone who jerked your chain around.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: January 30, 2018, 01:40:22 pm »

I'll take a look.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 216