Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 185921 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #1335 on: December 27, 2017, 09:04:19 pm »

Cover her with a bit of our silk, remember it give a bit of resistance to chaos magic although we are not certain of what is happening to her till we read the book, at least it will protect her a bit from the cold (?)

(Now she is multiclass? a bit crusader and a bit abomination from Darkest Dungeon?)
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: December 28, 2017, 05:54:00 pm »

You throw the covers of the bed on her, too afraid to move her right now. She needs the rest, that's for sure. You guess getting turned into a horrifying corvid abomination is enough to make anyone tired. You can only hope it doesn't make her feel hungry. Just to make sure it really was HER, you decide to check for any outstanding wounds. Her arms are still scarred from the encounter with the first wolf-thing, which does match up with the raven-thing's splotches of featherless skin. The feathers were obviously too short to ever allow flight, even outside of the grotesque musculature and obvious lack of anything resembling aerodynamics. You look for the one successful hit you managed, the sting on her shoulder.
Sure enough, there it is. A large, swollen patch of flesh, almost hidden under the chains. The poison did not do her any favors when she switched back, that's clear. But it should have done any lasting damage, with the way it is. As for the rest, there are no real visible wounds. Nothing really hurt her apart from the fall and the sting, after all. You let her sleep, as troubled as the sleep is. The chains stop her from wiggling around too much, at least, but they can hardly be comfortable. In order to pass the time in a productive manner, you get to work on making some silk and roping it together into something resembling a silk covering. It took some doing, but you eventually manage to make something resembling a sash (it's actually just a hammock you tied together. It won't stop a blow of any kind, but perhaps it might just be enough to block a spell or absorb some of the chaos magic. You're not entirely sure how that works, considering the researchers weren't exactly keen on experimenting with all types of chaos magic. Creating that sash took the better part of an hour, but you're done now.

Keeping with the theme of productive faffing about, you open the  pages again on the abominations. There's little that really helps you, apart from one thing you noticed about Yunikki's transformation. She wasn't nearly as "half-way" as the last one. She seemed fully transformed, which shouldn't be possible. The only remnants of the formula used to make these things was wrong and deluded in some way, meaning something new must have happened in the case of Yunikki. Maybe somebody enhanced the chemicals. Maybe she has just the right bit in her already(remains of Vvulf's ritual, her crusader training? Who knows.). You'll discover at some point, probably. Right now, the most important part of this is the fact that you can't help her in any way. The notes on the curse only state that death is the cure, mostly because the creator just plainly gave up. He likely committed suicide shortly after, guessing from his whinging writing. If there's a cure to be found, it'll take quite some doing.
And it's sadly really not your field to heal. To be honest, it's kind of the exact opposite of your field. "another side of the same coin" kind of opposite, but hey.
You continue looking through the book for a while longer, trying to catch how to help Yunikki, or at least to find out how this happened. Your guess is that they used the chemicals the top bitch you killed had with her. It's a cult of sort, makes sense that she'd have more of the stuff around...

Suddenly, you hear a familiar quorking coming from the window. The raven is back again, with another note. You take the message, and pat the crow on the head. It seems to adore that move, and it actually jumps on your shoulder. It doesn't seem TOO affectionate, but it trusts you enough to come close. You're... not the biggest fan of birds, admittedly, but you're not AGAINST them. You read the letter, it has very neat handwriting.

Sydney Aestinus

It is good to hear of you again. I hadn't expected to ever meet you again, but I'm glad for the opportunity. Sadly, due to security concerns I cannot tell you why I am here, nor can I tell you my name. I'll do all this and more when we can talk face-to-face. As for the status of your group, I have sad tidings. One of your friends has been taken by some kind of massive golem that usually resides in the abandoned town. We have taken action against it, liberating the empty town from that abomination. Your idea to burn it woth oil was an excellent idea, but I was able to make do with some spikes and magic of my own. I have a very particular set of skills that they do not teach at the tower. Skills that I hope to teach to you at a later date. Necromantic fire is a very useful trick against creatures like the golem.
As for better news, with my arrival there has been a rise in recruits. My presence has attracted quite a few valiant men and women, and we have even found a detachment of crusaders. I currently hold command, and our liberation of the area is going smoothly. Mostly, at any rate. The outposts and towers are extremely well defended now, so we are mostly digging in, reinforcing the positions we can hold and placing forward bases. No matter how many we kill, more seem to keep coming. My eye tells me that he is resurrecting all manner of people, and there are some routes we cannot block off to stop further recruits. The savages are eager to fight, and their religion gives them a reason to fight to the bitter end each time.
This will be a slog, but it will end in our favor.

I hope this message finds you well, at least. That the vampire is attempting to corrupt you into a creature like him is enraging, but it does give us a timeframe. He cannot infect you too much over the course of the next three days, especially if you struggle against it. I plan on getting you out in three days, but it will be a costly extraction. I will lose my eye in the attempt, and possibly quite a few recruits. It is not a thought I enjoy, sacrificing people, but I must remain resolute. If you feel conflicted about men sacrificing themselves for you, don't be. TWO vampires of his ilk would be CONSIDERABLY worse, and reason enough to give up and retreat all-together. Especially considering you are already extremely strong. Stay strong, stay resiliant!
If there is anything to note, you should write it on the other side. My eye and the raven will make sure it gets to me.

What to write back?

Mention Yunikki.
She needs to be saved as well. Possibly even before you do!

Tell them to hold off. You'll escape on your own.
No need to risk manpower. You'll find a way out, or even kill the vampire yourself.

Ask how you can help prepare for the attack.
If they're attacking, you may as well help prepare. Risky for you, though....

Other.

Basic Stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: December 28, 2017, 07:29:41 pm »

Mention Yukinni and talk about the traps (where the majority is and about the magic trap)

In the end, ask how we can help aside from hoping that we get enough bugs to destroy the traps in three days

"My presence has attracted quite a few valiant men and women, and we have even found a detachment of crusaders. "

Someone got important, I got proud of her.
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: December 28, 2017, 08:57:05 pm »

Necromantic fire... Vampy hates fire... Maybe we can make a "centipede" out of roaches and beetles stuck end-to-end, animate them as a hollow exoskeleton, and give them a giant "tongue" that can make a reasonable approximation of a flame-thrower. Hide it on our person and make it appear that we are producing flames on command...
On second thought, even a smaller construct, if it requires many parts, would likely take some time. Y'know... Skeletons run on necromantic energy, we can evoke necromantic energy, we should be able to just spin up a flame of our own spontaneously by focusing it the same way our familiar does. It might not burn Vampy, but it ought to startle them. And who knows, maybe it will hurt, even a little would be something, especially if we can evoke it from other parts of our body. Vampy likes to attack from behind, producing a burst of flames through our hair could provide an opening. On the topic of our hair, we can animate it, but grabbing with it only goes so far... If we cut it off in advance, animate it to stay attached(likely very expensive, it is not an independent creature), or braid it and sever enough that it barely stays on, then we could release it to blind Vampy, it is extremely difficult to expel a swarm of strands... If they can clog and tear at the inside of his throat too then so much the better.

There ought to be a thrall of few guarding our room. Killing them should be easy enough and they ought to have some leather on them. Soak leather in lamp-oil, maybe with some silk added, and we ought to be able to make some flaming bracers for ourself. Not the most fun, but we have been burned before, and carapace is a bit resistant, and the heat will help to sell the reality of any necromantic flames that we can summon. Maybe we could put a strip around the spider too. A full coat would cook(and suffocate) it, but just a ring or two of scorching? With luck we have another moult waiting for us someday... Vampy would probably complain about dead thralls, but we can fairly state that we wanted to work on our necromancy, and he never cared about dead thralls before. completely strip it to a naked skeleton and try to add some spikes or something, Vampy is unlikely to scour every trace of clothing that the thing was wearing.

We look for a place to fight. Somewhere cramped where he can't get behind us. We practise our leg-stabs, get them reflexive. If he gets to our side, or we just lose track, then stab fast and hope to catch something. His leg might break ours if it comes to it, but putting him off-balance is worth it. Ideally somewhere that we can hide our bugs in the walls. Get our bugs to eat something flammable. Vampy seems the type to squish bugs first, worry about flammable bug-juice later. A source of fire is important, torches, lamps, heating, provoke the pyromaniac, anything like that.

When we're ready, we close in and then switch to Alexia. Don't let him observe the change.

Try to cast a doom-bolt through our mouth, or hold one in our hand for delivery with a slap. Ranged attacks won't work without misdirection. We could try hiding a doom-bolt launch amidst asuming a sword-stance or something... Train fighting in smoke using soul-sight. Just moving in smoke is important. Blindness should benefit our stable frame even if he does have some stupid blood-sense or something to find us with. And train to change distances quickly. Avoid giving a consistent range between our opponent and our blindspot. Switch to Alexia for a brief bit of practise. She is our secret weapon, she needs to stay hidden, but we can only become so familiar with the claws she expresses. It should be possible to use them to slice through flesh and rip out a chunk of spine. No matter how strong his muscles are, they can't do much with nothing to grip. Even if he is ridiculous enough to stand after they, he won't be standing straight, for a while at least. It should be vulnerable enough to work and disabling enough to win the fight even if we need to drag him to a fire to finish it.

Be mindful of shapeshifting. Bats, rats, and wolves are easy targets if you expect them. If there is something small buzzing around us we grab it. No thought, just do it and check what it was later. Wait for the bird to leave first... but see if we can't bother some flies. If he offers anything. Accept while attacking. He has a cure for Yunikki? Can purge us of corruption? Thralls will kill everyone in the castle if he dies? It doesn't matter, a moment more of him is always worse. Tell him we love the idea, say we surrender, beg hm not to, but it is just meaningless words, he gets no reprieve, no matter how brief, no matter what he says, and if we can bother him in the process, then so much the better.

Write that Yuniiki is with us, she is resting and ill with some berserk shifting affliction, and we do not trust our host, but for now she is okay.
Unless our corruption accelerates, we ought to have at least three and a half days, likely twice that if we can resist. If they can do anything with an extra day or two we will do what we can, and hope to rip the guy to bits personally before they get here. Unless there is some better way that we can help their efforts. We don't have the run of the castle, but we are taken out time-to-time to feel uncomfortable. Dinner was revolting. He insisted on bathing with us, we fought our friend... And we could probably break out of our room, not sure how far we can get though.
Vampy is a bratty child with absurd power, we could use some advice dealing with such a person if they have it.
Mention that bolts are used to temporarily disarm traps, thus to watch for them.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: December 30, 2017, 02:22:33 pm »

You tell them what is needed. The fact that Yunikki is with you and is currently suffering from a really bad version of lycantrophy, with a more corvid connection. You tell them to take their time on the assault, considering you shouldn't be in too much trouble on the corruption front. Especially if you can resist him as much as you hope. Considering how you won't even entertain the notice of talking to him at the moment, you figure resisting should be something that's happening, yeah. You also add that you're mostly locked up in your room with a sturdy door and a window that's too small to climb through, but sometimes you're taken out so the vampire can try to make you uncomfortable. Dinner involved getting tricked into drinking his blood, he made you bathe with him and just now he tried to have you kill your friend.
For some reason, you add that you might be able to break out of the room, which is something you're really not sure about. It'd take a long while to wear down the wood, especially considering you can't do a proper kick and the wood is about 10 cm thick. These things were meant to keep out invaders, after all. You'd need a battering ram of sorts and time.
You do describe how the vampire is, though. Childish, but with an absurd amount of power. He's a crack shot with throwing knives, and incredibly fast, and that's not even getting into his resilience to most things that aren't fire.  You ask for a little advice on how to deal with somebody as childish as this, but to be honest you don't expect much of an answer on that front.
Finally, you add what you know about the traps. The fact that a bin of bolts is used to temporarily disable the magical traps being the most important. It's kind of a painfully obvious sign of a trap, but if you don't know about it ahead of time you're still likely to trip it. After finishing the writing, you tie it to the crow's leg. It caws once before flying off through the window. Almost as if on cue, Yunikki jumps awake at the sound, gasping. After a short moment of looking around, her eyes finally focus on yours.
They've changed colour. A blueish white surrounds a small black pupil. The blueish white seems to coalesce into a more solid blue just around the pupil itself. It's haunting, and distinctly non-human.

W-where the fuck am I?! She says in a daze. She looks like she's steadily growing more panicked.
The vampire's castle. Sadly... You look around with some minor disdain. This room is getting on your nerves, at this point
Did I hurt you? Yunikki nearly yells. You've... never seen her this panicked before. It's not the blind fight-or-flight panic, just plain emotional pain panic.
...Not for lack of trying, admittedly, but no. You hardly did anything to me.
That's a lie, of course. You notice that somebody stitched up the shirt you are still wearing, hiding the claw marks that she left. On that note, you're fairly certain that wound was healed as well. It was a flesh wound, of course, nothing vital. You feel a bit too healthy to have been disemboweled.
I... It was like I was in a dream, a-a nightmare. It's... Gods! you hear her sob once before she breaks out in an outright crying fit! You've NEVER seen her like this before. Here she is, sobbing and wailing on the floor. When she notices the chains, she hardly even flinches. through some effort, she buries her face in her hands, hardly even breathing through her crying?
Naturally, you kneel next to her and give her a hug. After a short while of cooing and back-patting she begins to calm down. She finishes crying on your shoulder
It'll be okay...
No it won't! she sobs again. This is some prime uglycrying, let me tell you.
I-I'm a MONSTER now! I can't e-ever be crusader again! I'm... I'm USELESS now! It's the ONE thing I managed, a-and it's gone! I have NOTHING, Sydney! I AM nothing...
You're far more then that. You and I both know that.
No! Y-you don't understand! This is the ONE THING I succeeded at! I-I barely made it, alright?! I couldn't even make it to paladin! B-but now I'm some corrupt... THING! Do I even look fully h-human anymore!?
You hug her tighter.
I...I've been a failure all my life, Sydney... Kicked out of my country, became a bandit, and now... I can't even help you anymore!
Stop saying these things! You've been a good friend to me, to everybody! You saved my life, hell, the whole town during the crimson curse. Why are you acting like you've never succeeded at anything!?
Because I... I... I don't...
She's quiet for a long time. Tears are still streaming down her cheeks, but she isn't sobbing quite as much. She finally speaks again, her voice a hoarse whisper.
Because monsters aren't supposed to be people.
Explain me, in that case. Come on, we'll get this fixed. There are crusaders here, I'm sure they know a way to fix this.
What!?
Yeah. A detachment of crusaders is going to help the assault on the castle. We won't be here much longer, alright?

She didn't say much after that, but she seems to have stopped crying. But... Every part of the confident woman in armor you once saw has been broken. No snarky comments, no insults towards the enemies. She hardly even moves from her spot, content on staring a hole through the floor and occasionally readjusting the chains.
She hasn't made a single attempt to get out of them.
suddenly, the door is opened. A single kobolt stands in the doorway, fidgeting nervously.
May I escort you to the dining room, Miss Aestinus? Your... friend, is also requested.

Charge!µ
The vampire's not here, and that's a SINGLE kobolt. Just bowl him over and get out of here! Of course, can you take Yunikki with you when she's in a state like that?
It's doubtful.

Keep Yunikki here.
She needs a little alone time. You can tear the vampire apart with your bare gods-damned hands, you won't need back-up.

Go together.
It might be safer to stay together. Which also means playing nice with the vampire. .

Send Yunikki alone
You will not entertain the notion of going to the vampire. But he might lash out against Yunikki if she ignores the command. You can handle yourself, Yunikki is tied up in chains.

Other

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: December 30, 2017, 03:02:36 pm »

>Go Together, she can't be left alone here in the state she's in, and you'd rather not be alone either.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: December 30, 2017, 05:07:55 pm »

Vampy is up to something. Vampy is always up to something, usually primitive taunting and thuggery, but still...

Let's make ourselves presentable first. It is appropriate when dining with aristocracy afterall. Sort out our hair and outfits at least. Also get Yunikki a small slab of wood to chew/bite on when the goading starts. Reassure her that we have faith in her restraint and conviction, but that today has been exceptionally bad for her and there is no sense letting an open wound be prodded.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: December 31, 2017, 04:38:24 pm »

Maybe that is too hasty(huh, I could have sworn I made a great-massive post...)... There are three likely scenarios: Make Yunikki fight as a taunt(likely with pyromaniac), threaten her to get us to cooperate, or demand thanks for the gift... As infuriating as it is, that last one is probably preferable. We can likely pressure that scenario by assuming it. We could pretty her, and ourself, up nicely and be oh-so-thankful for the gift. Maybe drink some blood from her arm to show how much we take to the vampiric lifestyle when we have a willing donor? Unless her blood is as unpleasant as the previous shifter's... We could make a point of introducing her as a wonderful piece that should be ready in a couple of days(and no use for anything before then), and perhaps we could demonstrate curiosity as to how her condition will develop with time. Vampy will likely act with outright hostility to displays of affection, but if we can demonstrate her as an obedient curiosity then it might hesitate to damage her...

And while we really aren't willing to lose Yunikki, we ought to try to keep Queen hidden unless it is desperate. If it does come to that. then try the puppy-dog-eyes first. Vampy has two modes, gloat and shock, I am guessing that shock is used against stoicism to break the facade of calmness while gloating is used to crush- ugh, he realyl does like his sense of futility, it is not easy to put him into gloat-mode to buy a moment, but still... a moment is all it takes to get claws to a neck or shoulder...

Also wear a cloth hood or shawl or something. We don't want to deliberately cover our neck, but enough wafting fabric to tie up a hand to brush it out of the way?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 04:48:49 pm by RAM »
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: December 31, 2017, 06:59:26 pm »

Well, looks like you've been had. As much as you wanted to be a rebellious drider who don't need no guff and not talk to the vampire, right now you've got to take care of an emotionally fragile friend(or, to be more honest, a complete wreck). Obviously, he's going to try and trick you. most likely through goading. Almost certainly through Yunikki, too. Well, nothing to be done about about it. You might as well appear a little more presentable. Your hair is fortunately still in proper order. Looks like the slave girl knows her stuff when it comes to making sturdy hairstyles. So, you just need to make sure you're dressed appropriately. On a hunch, you look through the cabinet. Sure enough, there it is. That dress you woke up on the first day. It's a little low, to be sure, but if you use the blouse as an undershirt...
While you don't have many ways to check yourself out, you DO feel more like "fancy lady" than "expensive prostitute".
Unfortunately, you can't give Yuniki the same clothing options. Her chains don't allow much in the way of clothing, and you don't exactly have the key. She's not super stoked about going to the dinner party, as well.
You tear off a little piece of wood, a little extra wood from the corner of a dresser. It doesn't take much work, and while the kobolt (still standing in the doorway, patiently waiting) audibly cringes at your vandalism you don't particularly care.
He's going to try and get you to go nuts. Here's something to chew on or something.
Yunikki nods. Her expression grim. It feels less like she stopped crying and more that her tears have run dry.

The walk to the dinner table was... tense. Both Yunikki and you feel nervous about the upcoming encounter. You may be one step closer to losing your humanity (or driderdom, let's not split hairs), and Yunikki might just eat everybody involved (which is kinda bad). When you reach the door to the dining room, the kobolt has you push it open. You're not sure why. Oh what the hell, you can probably guess the significance of having you make the choice to take those steps
The dinner table is already filled with all the people. There's no food as of yet, but Sette seems excited to see you. A little confused about Yunikki, though, looks like she didn't know about her.  The vampire is the first to speak, looking rather smug as always.
You can't help but notice the bandage around his arm, though.
Welcome! My dearest guests! Come, sit.
You wander over to your pillows, getting yourself comfy. Yunikki is about to take the seat next to you, until the vampire suddenly throws a knife right in front of her hand!
No! You get up, fists raised, and ready to charge at him. Before you can do anything, though, Sette has leaped over the table and is already holding you back by the shoulder. She whispers: Don't, he's trying ta goad you. I saw 'im take a syringe of blood out. Throw me over!
You throw her over your shoulder, a practiced move by this point. She launches herself off the floor to fly further, and uses the extra airtime to land on her feet with a solid flip.
shaking your head, you try to look as if you're calming down from a quick flash of anger. Yunikki has not attempted to sit down again, keeping a distance.
Hm? Good work, thief. I could have handled any unpleasantness, however...
Felt the need ta show off, boss!
Hm. Fine. As for you! he points to Yunikki.
Animals do not sit at the table. Go to your appropriate place.
A small distance from the table, there's a tray of food and water. Also there is a simple, far too thin blanket. Everything's on the floor, and...
You look at the vampire with pure, barely restrained rage. But Yunikki...

She just walks to the bowls, and sits down, taking the blanket and covering herself. She... she's given up. Completely and utterly.
The vampire laughs mockingly. She took to her role quickly! Now, if you treat her correctly, I must warn you. Her blood is toxic, even for me. He refers to himself with an exaggerated flourish, proving that a man can grow even more infuriating with the smallest movements.
The werewolf's notes were clear, and out newest addition was able to refine it further. I believe she stated that it should be back to its original... purity. Our pet was certainly more alluring than the abominable mix of man and beast.
You stare him down. There is nothing to say to this crime. You hear Yunikki quietly eat, the silence of the great hall allowing you to hear you do it. Another flash from the vampire, and you hear another knife tink around Yunikki. She... doesn't even move to pick it up.
No animal eats with hands, you little bitch! Use the mouth, or use nothing at all.
You hear Yunikki wheeze. It's... something resembling a laugh. She accepts it again, and just lowers herself to eat from the bowl like an animal, some of it sticking to her cheeks. She wipes it on her hands to lick off, which the vampire seems to allow.
Even the rest of the table is silent at what happens, Sette stares with open mouth, and even the Hellborn seems to stare in bewilderment. The man behind the helmet is hard to read, he seems to stare ahead, silently.
Good. Housebroken already...
Yunikki sobs.
Our newest friend should be here soon. She wanted to finish something up, once she gets here, we will begin.

Almost as if on cue, the doors open and an alchemist steps through. She is the most overt alchemist you've ever seen, carrying multiple vails all over her person, and wearing a very thick longcoat filled with all manner of pockets. She also wears a hat. The woman herself is brown-skinned, from the eastern countries, but she still seems somewhat pale, almost sickly. Despite the sickly appearance, her longcoat leaves much of her covered and looking rather thick. She does NOT look weak in the slightest.
That grin also takes away from anything resembling pitiable. She looks REALLY pleased with something in a manner that implies it involved the pain of others.
Hello, friends! I see you've brought my newest pet here?
You grind your teeth together, and you feel a faint twitch as you try and fail to mask your sheer anger at the situation.
I must say, it all worked out better than I imagined! A new strain, just from some half-finished concoction some feral kept around! I am a GENIUS!
Indeed you are! He laughs, to which the alchemist follows.
So! Is THIS your bride-to-be?
Don't count on it... You growl, your new fangs on full display. You didn't mean to show of his small victory...
Correct. She's a little rebellious now, but nothing I can't fix. After all, she came here of her own volition, no?

You scream internally.
Ahhh, good to know. Hey drider! Catch!
You react quickly, catching whatever it was that she threw. Sadly, the thing she throw was a spiked ball, but your carapace is thick enough to stop the spikes from getting through. Some blood leaks from the different needles, and you drop the little ball with disgust. It shatters on the floor, leaving behind a thick little puddle of blood. You're glad you took it upon yourself to catch anything that comes near, even if you haven't had the chance to catch many flies...
...Me. You. Bare hands. Your rage is reaching a boiling point, by now. You do the evil eye gesture at the alchemist, pointing at your eyes and then at her,  who seems disappointed at the failure of her attack.
And soon. Ohhh, so very, very soon.
The doors swing open, and out come the kobolts with the meal. It seems to defuse the situation a little, and a massive spit roast has been placed on the table. The servants get to work (running around on the table itself, funny enough) giving everybody a piece. Your plate is also filled with some vegetables, and your goblet is filled with water.

Trust the food.
Calm down. Take a deep breath. You'll get through this without losing any dignity. You'll get through this with restrained rage.

Alexia
I hate them all so much.

Alexia
So. So much.

Alexia
I could fix it.

Storm out!
To hell with this! You don't have to stay here and take it. Not to mention, you've been meaning to attempt an escape for a while now.

Other

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Skills and spells

Remember, Sydney is a proud creature and also sympathetic to her friends.
She takes every attack on Yunikki's pride personally.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 06:24:25 am by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: December 31, 2017, 09:02:51 pm »

>Let Alexia Deal with the situation, That Bastard thinks he is FAR too good, and it is time he got proven that he is nothing.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: December 31, 2017, 11:23:38 pm »

I never think alexia is a good thing on these situation, but IF the majority votes for alexia (you managed to make even me have a personal disgust for the vampire) say something before with a sassy voice or whatever "Hey, if you wan't to marry me you have to know me better, what do you think about my other me?" and turn after this

I am drunk I can't think anything better, happy new year I am gonna go back to drinking till I wake in a hospital, luckily
Novice english wordsmith

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: January 01, 2018, 12:31:26 am »

No! Alexia is what he wants! And this is not the time... We do require satisfaction however. "Thankyou for the meal, but regretfully I have made my own arrangements."  We focus upon Vampy(to obfuscate our intentions) as we walk around the table, then jab our pedipalps into Pyromaniac, ideally his back, and investigate the therapeutic effects of gluttony when performed upon personages who have had it coming for some time now. As vile as he is, that fire could be useful, but with any luck he will survive, he is a tenacious little thing after all... Not to mention that if our pedipalps get mildly scorched they will likely suffer only superficial damage that can be recovered from, and physical pain is far more distracting than mental...

If things go well, we drag Yunikki out of there and try to clear our head. If things go badly, deathbolts to the centre-of-mass and claws to the arms...

We should try to scrape some of that blood onto one of our legs. We could use a sample to study. It ought to count as dead flesh, so we may be able to detect it using necromancy. Some sort of sense of our magic making contact with a viable subject or something...
Read the First Post!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: January 01, 2018, 02:53:11 am »

Alexia doesn't necessarily involve attacking just the Vampire.  She's better at escaping for one.  And it's something the vamp doesn't know what he's dealing with, and won't know even if we let her out.

But to put it in a better matter for Alexia, let's punk this guy, save our worshipper, and make the vamp look like a weak fool in front of all his buddies by taking some dudes out and blowing this popsicle stand.

Queen.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 01:34:46 pm by Devastator »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: January 01, 2018, 08:58:34 am »

If we are gonna devour someone, we gotta devour the alchemist, let him live, but extremely debilitated for life with eggsacks popping from everywhere, if he asks for mercy say that we will not have dog's blood on our hand and give him to Yukinni
Novice english wordsmith

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: January 01, 2018, 01:33:05 pm »

Queen
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 216