Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 186041 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #1155 on: November 19, 2017, 05:36:40 pm »

Injectable Sachs Sax Sacks: I was apprehensive about starting this, but it is the path we are on, we may as well see it through. Besides, it is fitting now that we have led the arachnid horde.
Pain is Power also addresses some of our low mana woes, and would mix quite well with our life-sucking breath...
Vault deels like a waste of an opportunity to improve, by just offsetting our woes. Also, destroying memories is not really attuned to my own ideals, but we are getting to the point where we kind of need something like this. But the bloodied anchor would likely buy us some time before we are full gonzo...

I will drop the name suggestions of "Rusalka" and "Undine" though research suggest that my initial thoughts didn't entirely bear out on the appropriateness, they don't seem terrible. Also I find simple anagrams to be a great way to make a name on demand. Moving or distorting a couple of syllables, especially transferring them from one word to another, can often distort a name beyond immediate recognition while still retaining much of the vibe...

Oh Evelyn, why must you antagonise her so? You could have stuck to your guns and pretended not to notice, but then you just had to gloat...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: November 19, 2017, 06:41:20 pm »

The sacks

Gonna be the best (brood)mother

RAM, bit tired right now, what was the original names where you made these anagrams? (Or are these already existing names?) Plus, what is the meaning?
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: November 19, 2017, 06:47:34 pm »

Injectable sacks.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: November 19, 2017, 07:23:21 pm »

what was the original names where you made these anagrams? (Or are these already existing names?) Plus, what is the meaning?
They are the original names. And they are vaguely remembered water-spirit things. I was thinking of the image of a monster that rising from seemingly safe waters and drags people away. Not really a cohesive thought but it seemed to have correlation to Queen's situation...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: November 19, 2017, 09:03:28 pm »

Now that makes this even poetic, I loved it

I can't decide really which of your suggestions to pick(I slightly prefer undine )and I am not finding anagrams that really catch the

rundine
Unsalka
Salruka
Diunne
Insane

Oh god It can take forever
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: November 19, 2017, 09:48:31 pm »

Alayla is nice, but, ehh, feels a bit, umm... typical? I do like HJahdiel though. It is odd, which appeals to my sensibilities, and as offensive as most gods seem to be, we can't let their poor performance hinder our own quest! And unity references the unity with Sydney, and sharpness is indeed a thing that she possesses, and there are many fools who need to be avenged against... Undines are, apparently, all about shacking up with people to gain a soul and then killing them if they aren't loyal. Punishing disloyalty is fine and all, but you don;t want to be defined by such. The Rusalka didn't really leave me with a clear impression. It seems as though the original myth was somewhat lost and suffered from the "monsters are bad" thing... and now they are also all about revenge, perhaps even more so... but I think that the word is nice!
Rusalka
Jahdiel
Jahsalka Rudiel?

OhWaitIForgot! I am terrible at names and should be barred from this discussion! Good thing I remembered in time...
Read the First Post!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: November 19, 2017, 10:17:38 pm »

Jahsalka got a bit weird, looks like we are talking about "the sack of jah" or whatever

Rudiel was a bit simple (although sydney is also a simple name, I don't know if we should go for complicated name just to make the duality thing or keep simple)

dielsaka
rujah
Saldiel
saljah

or just keep simple "Jahdiel Rusalka" a surname that the queen will not have any idea of where it came from, we shouldn't be over complicating this stuff, it's already too deep :v

We will certainly need a third/fourth opinion from someone else

DAMN, I JUST BEGUN TO PLAY DARKEST DUNGEON NOW AND NOW I KNOW WHO THE CARAVAN WE MET HERE IS

Damn meta, if we just knew that the girl might know where our father is
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 10:22:18 pm by omada »
Novice english wordsmith

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: November 20, 2017, 04:04:36 pm »

You have chosen Injectable Sacks!
Sadly, it will take the rest of the day before Sydney will wake up, considering she needs a little bit of surgery to get those bones in the right places and healing up. Alchemists can do a lot, but they're still not proper healers. They'll essentially add some hardening material over the bone that the body will break down over time. So, it's time for a short perspective switch for the rest of the day.

ANYBODY YOU WANT is available, including your enemies and neutral parties. Yes, ANYTHING. I'm including the Gods (and Death) on this one. Go nuts.
There's even a bit of a plot reason to it, as you'll discover later.
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: November 20, 2017, 05:17:22 pm »

Well I did feel bad about not voting for my doppelganger O.C. back when we had the chance...

Oh, and reminder to the Author, do not accept a player-derived name that you can't use with a straight face, unless that is what you are going for with that character... I am sure that some of us could get a brief bout of amusement from naming Queen "Princess Sparklemane" but it would likely detract from the writing process...
Read the First Post!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: November 20, 2017, 05:24:13 pm »

>Be Liquefied Spleens.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: November 20, 2017, 06:51:32 pm »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: November 20, 2017, 07:45:00 pm »

>Be Liquefied Spleens.
+1.
+0 i.e. not voting but requesting that, in the instance of this being selected, that the capitalisation be respected and thus refer to something 'named' Liquefied Spleens rather than something that is only relevant due to matching that description.
Read the First Post!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: November 20, 2017, 10:18:49 pm »

>Be Liquefied Spleens.
+1.
+0 i.e. not voting but requesting that, in the instance of this being selected, that the capitalisation be respected and thus refer to something 'named' Liquefied Spleens rather than something that is only relevant due to matching that description.
Goddamnn... I would vote something serious

but they won,

I Can't

Really

+[Elderitch equivalent for number 1]
Novice english wordsmith

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: November 20, 2017, 11:36:14 pm »

Or, hey, we could be Dwarven Guard #6 and try to either prepare of Meandra's arrival, or sow as much mayhem as possible...
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: November 21, 2017, 03:20:27 pm »

Okay wiseguys, here you are. You're playing as me for a while. Hope you like shitty MS-paint drawings until I deem this joke to have run its course. Remember, you asked for this, and I'm enough of a pedantic bastard to do this. Currently, I'm a little annoyed, but mostly bored. Perhaps you should try giving me a command of some sort.
And don't think for a second that I'll be performing paint wizardry for Sydney! I don't even draw arms for myself, how am I going to show off EIGHT LEGS?

"But Liquid!" I hear you cry. "How can a buttbaby like me give commands if I don't know where you even are?"

Tot that, I say: Good question, peasant! But don't worry, I'll give you part of the room. The important part, at any rate, the part where the Magic happens.

"But Spleenyboi"

DON'T CALL ME THAT

But spleenyman.
That's better.
How do you expect to keep this joke up? And how does time pass in Sydney-land while we fuck around in meta-land? You don't even have the competence to properly spellcheck writing!

That's... a good point.

Still, this is hilarious to me, and it's something REALLY new, isn't it?

Let's get this show on the road

Stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 216