Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 186095 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #1065 on: October 16, 2017, 08:22:18 pm »

Oh yes, scouting using spiders for sure, almost forgot, spiders see better in the dark? Maybe it can blend with the others and we can go straight for the queen.
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: October 18, 2017, 12:05:28 pm »

Sydney, it's just grass. I think we both know that you're immune to this kind of poison at this point. Please don't touch me right now
Eh, it's just to be on the safe side. After a mushroom incident, i'm not too keen on sudden small things
Well, the poison just works a bit on grass. If I had to guess, it's more that the amount of liquid is choking out the plants than the poison. You're pretty soaked.
God, it's like a fanservice episode...
What?
Nothing shut up hey look over there a spider scout!
You just point towards one of the freshly resurrected spiders. Meandra blinks a few times, alternating looks between you and the spider before leaving without a word. You feela  blush creeping in, and you just send out the spider and switch sights. You feel as though it would be very discombobulating to have one's vision spread out across eight eyes, but you don't really have that problem.
GEE GOLLY I WONDER WHY THAT WOULD BE THE CASE.
(it's because you already have seven eyes, and used to have eight)
(because you're a hot spider lady.)
(Obviously)

Now, there is one problem. You just can't see in the dark that well, and you bump into a couple of walls. Or maybe they were other spiders? You can't really know in this dark. You think there are a bunch of spiders covering your warrior, as well, but you just can't be sure. The pattering of legs is unbelievably grating after a while. You eventually get used to the darkness, but there is almost NOTHING that you can see properly through your little minion, and he's slowing down from all the little spiders, too!
Eventually, however, you see a bit of light popping in the distance. A small beam of sunlight shines through a crack in the ceiling, and that's all you need to get at least a bit of an idea of what comes next if you were to go to the right. Looks like there's a split, one cave goes to the left, leading to more sunlight, and the one to the right is a bit wider, but just as dark as the cave you were blindly wandering through earlier. You also get a good look at the SHEER AMOUNT of spiders wandering around. Not even just the warriors. These walls could be white and everything would still be black and squirming. Webbing's much the same way, what little cave isn't covered by spiders is covered in webbing. The floor is also more covered in webbing than how it is where your actual body is... You won't have any issues, but your allies might.Well, that's about as far as you can take the spider. The other direction is too dark to do anything with. You let your minion drop dead, as you've got plenty of spiders available where you are, and you don't need a spider-covered minion. Well, covered in MORE spiders, you mean. You're not arachnophobic (thankfully) but that doesn't mean you can appreciate having something covered head to toe in the little vermin.

Blegh, too bright! You squint as you get your sight back. After getting used to the dark, the torch is blinding to you. You feel as though that doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but hey, it's magic.
Anyway, to the right it's a fairly longs stretch of nothing, and then we've got some sunlight peeking through or another part of the cave. I ust can't see well enough to scout anything useful, so that's all I know.
Hm. Eveline? You get any idea from that?
Queens aren't that set on where they remain. It'll stay away from the light,at least, and try to go as deep as possible, usually. Honestly, it could be either way,
 but it's probably to the north.

...Which way is north?
Top of the map.
What map?
The one for the readers?
Fuck off with that shit, come on! It's lazy fucking writing!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Choose a direction. I thought it made more sense to have you pick again, AFTER you've scouted.

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Minions

Skills and spells
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 03:19:31 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: October 18, 2017, 02:45:16 pm »

Go up!
No, not Sydney's up, OUR up...
Not that there is anything wrong with getting some ceiling time.

Meh, the eight-eyes thing is just revenge for having to deal with crazy-bird-body earlier. All possessors have to deal with body weirdness someday. I mean, goodness, sometime we will be forced to lump around in a biped body and it will be all sorts of uncomfortable while all the other necromancers would be all "at last a body that makes sense to me"...
Hrmmm, I wonder if we can do more with possession. Like, maybe even hostile possession. I mean, we have soul magic, and are ghosts a thing? There are all these stories of ghosts possessing people but does it actually happen? Death made it pretty clear that souls were useless, but maybe some mind could hijack one and ride it around like a steed or something?

P.S.
 Stretch?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: October 19, 2017, 05:01:17 pm »

To the left. If it's sticking away from the lights, we should probably go to the dark places, right Evi?
I suppose. Stick close, though. Spiders get a bit more tickled about the whole light situation later on, we might need to fight a little harder.
Very exceptional. Sucy says in a deadpan manner. Who would have suspected creatures fight harder as the dungeon goes on?
Yep. Let's move!
Yunikki seemed quite glad to be moving. The constant writhing and crawling on the walls and ceiling is rapidly getting on her nerves. She raises her torch high, and takes a solid stride forward. Eveline ends up having to turn her walk into a jog, due to her short legs, but she can keep up well enough for now. The spiders still stay away from the light, but you can see some clear crawling at the edge of the light. You don't particularly like the idea of that. Your companions are also discovering that, as the webbing increases, they're having a bit more trouble moving around. You're completely unaffected, however, and it doesn't look like it will matter much in the travelling sense.
 Another thing your companions note is the horrible, horrible smell. You're still incapable of smell, but it's described as a heavy, sweet sort of smell. Sucy identifies it as rotting corpses, which seems rather odd. You saw multiple bodies, but they were covered in webbing. They didn't give off any sort of smell that was unusual to the cave, according to the rest. You just assumed they smelled rancid, before.

Suddenly, three more warrior spiders descend from the ceiling, right on top of Eveline! Before she can even make a move, the first spider rushes forward and uses its bulk to knock her on her back, after which the other two spiders chomp down on the poor kobolt!
Of course, the party doesn't just let that happen. Sucy and Meandra attack the one that tackled her, while you pierce the spider with you sword before pulling it away from her. With her arm freed, Eveline does a tiny kobolt punch to the eyes of the spider that is still chewing on her shoulder. It knocks the creature away just a little bit, allowing Eveline to stomp her hefty boot down on the spider's head. It explodes into white goo and exoskeleton bits.
Eveline gets up and dusts herself off. She has two rather large, bleeding holes in her, but she doesn't seem to care much. She just takes out a potion and knocks one back, stopping the bleeding almost instantly. Her clothing's still a bit roughed up, and the wounds aren't GONE, but there's no bleeding, and she seems to be alright.
Until she fainted, of course, but Sucy's smelling salts work to get her back soon enough. She blinks a few times, before apologizing.
Clot poison's a little rough on the body. I should have warned you, but I was kind of in a hurry to do it before the adrenaline died down... Oh gods I think my heart's going to explode.
Fortunately, she finds her calm again after a little while. You decide to carry her on your back for a bit, though, she seemed rattled all the same.

You're closing in on the origin of the smell, though. Even Sucy is scrunching up her face from the smell, and she has smelled some BAD stuff in her time. Eventually, however, you see one of the offending smelly things. The corpse of an orc, torn open vertically. The spiders seem to be avoiding the corpse, although a few brave ones crawl out of the chest cavity as you come closer. Yunikki makes a sound of disgust at the sight. The orc looks to have been disemboweled by some kind of massive cleaver, more "weight" than "sharp". His ribs are splintered to bits, and what remains of his face is frozen in a scream. He IS rotting away, however, and the blood has dried up a long time ago. The only reason it seems a bit more well-preserved than most corpses of this age is most likely because the spiders keep out any kind of vermin. No rats or flies to feast on the rotting flesh.
Strange how they're avoiding it.
VERY strange. No type of spider could cause that kind of injury... It looks like he got mauled by something.
I found another one. Sucy says, using her torch to light another grisly scene. This one's a bit more simple, his skull looks to have been mashed into paste. Once again, something heavy. This corpse looks bloated, meaning it's been here a long time as well. Either way, you move along through the cave. You find more and more corpses, and less and less spiders. Eventually, you reach a part of the tunnel that's completely void of spiders. They just... stop. Even the webbing stops abruptly.

As you move forward, you realize you hear a faint sound in the distance. The sound of something breathing.
Something big.
You take the lead as you cautiously come closer. There are bones and corpses all around, most of them crushed in some regard. There must be dozens of dead people here...
Eventually, you see the owner of that ever so loud breathing. A large, black nose. To make matters worse, it looks to be attached to a fucking bear! A really, really huge bear! Like, we're talking four meters high kind of huge. A literal ton massive.
AND IT HAS ARMOR PLATING FROM THE NECK DOWN. IT IS AN ARMORED BEAR TWICE AS LARGE AS AN AVERAGE BEAR. WHAT.
Also it's asleep, so things aren't so bad.

Bestiary of the fantastical

Sneak attack!
This thing has a load of goodies attached to his armor... And it's sleeping on a chest of sorts. Considering this thing's asleep, it should be possible.

Steal the trinkets.
You should be able to steal a few things from this sleeping behemoth.

Nope.
Uh-uh. No. Leaving now.

Befriend?
Uh...

Other

Map

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Minions

Skills and spells

Out of all the shitty jokes, this may be my shittiest. It is also my absolute favorite for the pun alone.
Also, this was to justify having something other than a spider boss in this dungeon. I'm not just taking you all for a ruse cruise of nothingness. Things just got a little out of hand.
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: October 19, 2017, 06:15:44 pm »

Urge to befriend Ursa Ultra rising! Maybe we could spin up a teddy bear as a gift... Maybe some nice fresh boiled spider-legs in marinade?

It probably has severe limits to its ranged attack, although the lack of webbing on the roof suggests otherwise... But if we could get up there and lever a big rock onto its head, maybe meandra could quick-grow some roots to dislodge a rock if we can carry her up there? Few things say sneak-attack quite as elegantly as a tonne of stone...

But REALLY leaning towards leaving it alone. Perhaps we can come up with some way to lure it to the vampire later...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: October 20, 2017, 09:44:42 am »

Okay, our animal handling isn't the best, the idea of taming something that isn't a bog unicorn is unbearlievable

To attack it would led to a fight that might be unbearable,

But REALLY leaning towards leaving it alone. Perhaps we can come up with some way to lure it to the vampire later...

Hmmm, or even poison it slowly somehow, when we get the control of spiders we could even observe him and discover if there is something that could be made to tame/pacify it

We could, after getting the fuck out of here, send our spiders to steal a few trinkets, doing this with our bear hands would be stupid, but if he spot the spiders they should climb walls, and get the fuck out
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: October 20, 2017, 03:19:55 pm »

Quick thought: We could overwhelm it with bear puns, thus causing it to fall over constantly.
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: October 20, 2017, 05:09:48 pm »

You carefully turn right the hell around and leave. You can't mess with an ultra bearine, and you can't think of enough bear puns to kill it with. And you don't speak bear.
Really, there are a lot of reason to not mess with a bear, generally. Your companions are quick to follow you out after seeing your expression of barely contained panic. Eyes wide open, and mouth forced at a straight line. Your heartbeat is rather calm, all things considered. This electric feeling through your arms seems to indicate at least a little bit of an adrenaline rush, but you're trying to repress it as you leave the cave of bear and enter the lair of spiders instead. The short silence makes the new pittering and pattering even more  grating, but on the other hand, they're not bears. You decide to wander forward once more, realizing now you took an accidental detour. The way ahead was blocked by some webs, to be fair, and you'll need some time to tear through them. Your two alchemists throw their acids at the top, but now you need to play the waiting game. However, Eveline has some excellent news.

If there are outright walls of webbing, we're most likely coming up on the queen's lair... It's probably for the best if we were to set up camp for a moment right now, anyhow. Get ourselves all set.
The food is taken out of the packs, and the firewood is placed on the ground. Care is taken to prevent the ever so flammable webbing from combusting, and soon enough every sits around the fire. People are far from comfortable, but the brighter, larger fire at least keeps a few more spiders at bay. You're not sure why there were so few warrior spiders, however. There should have been FAR more than this...
Well, if we stirred up the hive and they're advanced enough, they're likely flocking to the queen to defend her. Not to mention, this cave may simply be a avoided because of that bear. I mean... it clealy lives here, but it goes outside to get berries, honey and all that stuff.
What about those corpses?
He left them to rot. I'm guessing those are people that came to slay him. A sick game from the vampire, if I had to guess. It seems right up the bastard's alley.

So. Are we ever going to get a little more info on this vampire? What's his history, anyhow?
...Well. He was a nobleman a long time ago, before something happened that made him into the monster he is today. My village wasn't too far away from his castle, but at first... Hell, suddenly we didn't need to pay taxes. We didn't have guards harassing us. We just figured the count had died, and they were looking for successors.
 Of course, most likely we were just too small to be noticed. Until...

...Until what?
Eveline snaps Until we weren't! Shut up... S-so when we were noticed, knights started coming in. Taxes came back, with a fucking vengeance. We ended up nearly starving, and when we finally made a say on it, those knights from before... they.
She looks away, as if in shame. Her breathing's a bit forced, and she can't seem to bring it into words.
They took the taxes in flesh. They took people away to be slaves, and we just... We just accepted it! We just kept on thinking, at least it wasn't fucking us!
 And then, when they came for my mother, you know what I did!? I did nothing! I j-just looked through the window as she yelled for me! I... I just took shrooms to forget about it for the rest of the week, like-like that was going to help!

The party looks on as Eveline starts breaking down. Her hands are in her hair, tears are starting to form... The only one not horrified is Sucy, who is merely raising an eyebrow.
Fuck... And then they came for me. The whole village. I was the only one to "wake up" from the mind control, and... I just ran. I didn't even TRY to save anybody, I just... I just ran. I wanted to be gone from the castle, from my life! But I didn't... I didn't DO anything!
She just starts sobbing and crying, her sounds of anguish echoing through the chamber.

It is at this point that you decided that she needs a good, solid hug.

The queen is up next. During camp, you can make your final preparations. Bear in mind there will be plenty of giant spiders, and the queen is going to be tough.

Sharpen your sword
Yunikki has a whetstone with her. Your sword could use a little more edge, most likely.

Reinforce your armor.
It will take a little doing, but you've got time. You can stretch your silk around the armor for a small added layer of protection.

Speak tactics
This is a free action, meaning you can do this without it affecting the chosen activity.

Help out allies with their preparation.
Make sure Eveline gets her stuff done, hold some stuff for Sucy, or give a little more support for Yunikki's armor. Meandra may also have something to do for you, who knows?

Guard the camp.
It won't be necessary, but maybe somebody should keep an extra good eye out for any kind of surprises.

Map

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Minions

Skills and spells

There will be a pause in the updates very soon, starting from Sunday and lasting until Wednesday. I'm going on a (mandatory) trip, and I won't be able to write much at all.
 For that reason, I'll do my best to make something cool tomorrow before this pause starts.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 07:17:32 am by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: October 20, 2017, 07:30:41 pm »

you can't think of enough bear puns to kill it with.
The food is takes out of the packs, and the firewood is placed on the ground.
Both these lines seem to contain errors. The second line uses "takes" where "taken" would better appeal to my sensibilities. The first line is taking reverse-psychology far too far, and overloads me with dread at what may occur as a result.
Read the First Post!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: October 21, 2017, 05:27:29 am »

Help out allies with their preparation.

It would be really nice to get some sort of smoke, given that spiders can't hold their breath, and there are lots of them...
Some means of protecting a spider from smoke would also be nice, perhaps some loose cloth or something? It could also cover lung-access-ports for people who need those things.

They don't like fire, so fire would be good, but we don't want to burn down the whole cavern.
 Also breathing could be a problem? Although again, spiders can't hold their breath...
 Some way to stop the fire spreading, either a fire suppressant or a web-remover.
 Actually, just simple mud would mess up webs fairly well, there are good reasons to keep one's webs clean... And collapsing the whole roof's webbing would be effective so long as none of us are underneath it. It is not as though spiders are completely immune to webs, they are just beings of superior talent in that department.

Yunikki seems to be getting stressed, maybe a mild phobia is involved? Small spaces or creepy crawlies? Regardless, we should probably try to keep her role fairly simple. She seems to be functioning well so long as she doesn't suddenly have to resolve a high-stakes paradox.
Eveline doesn't have so many hit points, so...
Sucy... should be reminded that we need the queen alive, or at least mostly-intact and well-preserved. Harvesting some chemicals might be enough to tame the swarm long enough for our purposes?
Meandra is, well, really, caves are poor places for plants.

I am tempted to say...
Sucy and Meandra work together to block off the tunnels against reinforcements, using plant obstructions and chemical/thermal deterrents. Then support and defend once the passages seem to be temporarily blocked. Or they just do that latter thing if there di not seem to be any reinforcements coming in.
Yunikki and ourself work to cut down the defenders and corner the queen.
Eveline plays oversight, coordinating us and Yunikki. With a focus on protecting herself. We could consider giving her a ride, maybe even giving her an armoured cage to hide in, or we could give her a zombie to ride?
Read the First Post!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: October 21, 2017, 12:31:41 pm »

Give one of our undead minions to eveline to mount (if she don't think it might give her problems) and say to her that we all have a bit of instincts, and these are for survival, now that she is well and alive is that when education and humanity wins, and that she was being a nice hero and a caring partner (was about to write friend, but let's avoid this) since we met her. And ask a bit, she said that cooking and alchemy isn't far from each other, say that we might wanna have some basic teaching about it after all the vampire business

Raise a few more spiders, till deplete our mana, use these few extras to rush in a suicidal and distracting attack so we can organize ourselves better when we look at the situation (And this way they die faster and we can be freed to use the mana again) be prepared, in case we begin to drown in spiders or take a few more hits, the HP cloud is our best friend. Warn previously our friends, i don't think they have witnessed we use that magic and we don't wanna drain their life when we cast it blinded.
Novice english wordsmith

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: October 21, 2017, 04:23:34 pm »

I have to say, this is one of the weirder things you've done to cheer me up. Eveline says, as she balances on her spider. It took a while to get her back to normal after her breakdown, but this seems to have done the trick. It's less because it's fun and more because it's kind of weird. After you give her the little ride, she seemed ready to get to work again. She made some extra acid potions, and one emergency fire flask. She hopes she doesn't have to use it, but it'll be brutally effective, in a pinch. Sucy continues with her acids and poison, taking the time to "scrape some off of you. It's an... invasive process, and for her sake you willingly removed your leather armor. You felt rather exposed, but removing the sogginess factor is going to be a big help for overall comfort. She even promises to make entirely fry using some kind of sponge. Or was it rice? You didn't pay her much mind, and had a talk with Meandra instead while your shirt gets dried. She's a little frustrated at how hard it is to work her magic in this cave, considering there's nothing but rock and webs. Your idea of blocking off a tunnel appeals to her, but she's not sure how she'd get to work on that. She needs some kind of ground or existing plant to work with, but there's no soil around. Her whipping tool is the most extensive thing she can muster, and while it works well enough at keeping enemies at bay for a little while, it's hardly enough to block a passage.

On a hunch, you ask your alchemists if they have some sort of solution. Sucy says that she may have ONE thing available to her, but she's hesitant to use it. A potion of her own design, based on some of the more lethal mushrooms in the orc jungles. These ones grow in an instant, and tend to take their prey by spreading their spores and growing on or even inside the target. While certainly effective, it's almost as hard to control as a fire would be.
That is, as long as you don't have a capable floramancer available. With THOSE around, she could probably block off any sort of passage. Of course, as soon as she stops paying attention, there might be some trouble, but it shouldn't be too bad.
Probably.
Yunikki doesn't need much help in taking care of her armor, although she does appreciate the offer. There's not much to do, as she already took care of the armor before you even entered the caves. Honestly, you wonder why you prepared so much for what seems like a rather short and uneventful dungeon. Compared to the sewers, this isn't that exceptional. Apart from the bear, nothing unexpected really happened. You suspect there might be more things in the caves. Maybe you just got really lucky on the layout? It IS randomized every time a party enters.

Everybody seems to be in good health, apart from the wounds Eveline suffered. They don't seem to be too bad, although there's a reason you put her on a mount. Everything is burnt through properly, and you douse the campfire. People seem to be ready for action.
This should be a cinch.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things turned out to be a little hard.

To the left! More of them!
THEY ARE EVERYWHERE, I KNOW! You scream, as you throw off two spiders that were gnawing on your shoulders. Your armor works well enough, but you felt the pinch. You strike down a few more as the queen  crawls around on the walls, occasionally stopping to screech at you and drop off more spiders. This thing carries giant spiders on its back, and just shakes them off. Sucy and Meandra got to work on blocking off the largest passages, but there's no lack of spiders spread around. Eveline's very busy making sure things don't get too chaotic, but it's working out well enough. The spiders still prefer to target the biggest people in the room, meaning you and Yunikki, although Eveline needs to make the occasional defense with her knife. After fighting off about three more of the blasted spiders, you eventually decide to go on the offensive yourself! This damned thing isn't about to come down and fight you, anyhow!
In this half-dome, it's been moving back and forth constantly along the walls. Most people wouldn't be able to reach her at all, she's too high up. As you place your legs upon the walls and climb after her, however, you make it clear that you are not most people. You chase it down, baring your teeth in frustration and fury!

The massive creature falters when your sword pierces its hide at the hind leg, and during that stumble you crawl on its back, fighting off the copious amounts of warrior spiders. All at once, you can't keep them away without injury, as they bash and bite at you. You flail about, throwing some of them off as the creature keeps on crawling on the walls. After the smallest amount of space, you slam the point of your sword downwards! It pierces the spider's ugly hide, and in a twitch, it falls off, taking you with it! Eveline screams in horror as the spider threatens to crush you with it's body weight. You only barely manage to escape by crawling to the side of the creature, but one of the massive legs bashes you against the head! In a daze, you fall off as the spiders surround you, gnawing and spitting at every inch of your flesh!

In desperation, you blast out a cloud of lifedraining smoke, which gives off just enough space to fight off the massive number of spiders. Your wounds heal faster than they can be afflicted, and you slash at the ever-increasing horde. Eventually, you've fought them off, although your lungs are burning from the strain. Looks like it isn't too good to use if your winded...

Yunikki's been busy while you were fighting, though. The queen has been screeching and howling in pain she stabs at the eyes, partially blinding it. The real kicker was when Eveline finally got close enough to throw... something over the face.
All at once, the spiders begin to back off. You can't capitulate on that, of course, because they're just suffering from the same problem as you.
The screeching went from loud to positively UNBEARABLE! You put your hands over your ears and groan in pain, while Yunikki can't even do that! After a solid ten seconds, fortunately, the screeching stops.
Now you merely have a spider the size of a horse carriage and with trees for legs running around in pain and anger.

Of course Yunikki gets bowled over in short order. At least Sucy and Meandra can divert their attention elsewhere, namely the giant spidery battering ram running around. You...
Have no idea how to stop this thing. It's just running around in random patterns, and it's only through sheer luck Yunikki didn't get crushed by a second pass. She's running back over to the rest, leaving only you in the immediate danger zone.
We need to whittle it down! Ranged attacks, anything you've got! Throw your damned sword if you have to!

A glaring deficit in your party has been noted.
Oh bother.
Well, find some way to get it to slow down, so the alchemists can land a shot. Don't worry, you've got an ocean of time, considering the next update will only be on wednesday.

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Minions

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: October 21, 2017, 09:43:02 pm »

things that can be done
1. Doombolt, she will have problem to walk when her soul isn't comunicating with the body

2. Our bolas are big enough to put it down? If yes thrown if not: Are they big enough to lock on a leg and add extra height? Always nice

3. Does it have dead tissue besides the eyes? A loose leg still attached to the body? if yes, animate piece to it slow her down

4. Hang on the ceiling, drop on her head, she is OUR RIDE NOW (just make it hard for her to walk drop webs on her joints to slow her down in the process and make sure she won't hit friends, when on her back, drain blood, it will tire her and make her close to faint after all that)
Novice english wordsmith

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: October 25, 2017, 03:13:37 pm »

The first doombolt hits the mark, and you see the effects take hold instantly as an afterimage appears for a second before snapping back inside the queen. It almost seems to stumble, but the stability eight legs and monstrous size grants makes it ineffective. It does turn around and flail behind it, despite the fast that the doombolt didn't hit from that direction. Seems like it's kind of like a full-body hit to the back? You never did use this very often, you're not so sure how it works. Before one of the alchemists can hit a bottle, however, it charges forward again, changing it's movement pattern and nearly crushing Meandra, who uses her vine-whip to grant herself an extra boost. The vine itself gets caught up and crushed by the spider's rapidly moving legs, leaving it useless, but Meandra was wise enough to just let it go. She's safe, albeit weaponless. Doombolts are dangerous, to say the least. The next option seems a little... sad. You do bother to throw your bolas, though, but it hardly matters. Only one of them successfully ties around the rampaging eight-legged beast, and it hardly seems to notice. It doesn't take long before that it just falls off.
Maybe if it was a lot smaller, it would matter more. Still, at least you tried that before doing the insane plan.

If you die, it'll at least have been fun.

You charge forward, towards the walls it was riding around on earlier. You nearly get trampled by an errand charge, but the creature remains blind and furious enough to not adapt its course towards you. If it decided to crush you when it could still see, your party would have lost outright! Good thing it's an idiot.
The next time it passes by you make a little prayer and jump on its back. You hear a little yell of surprise from at least two of your party members as you take the leap.
If this was an animated or, heaven forbid, live-action sort of series, imagine this as the point the frame-rate increases, time slows down, and the music reaches a violent violin crescendo before leaving a pause to further enhance the tension. If it's high-budget, there may be some tasteful chanting, even! Then you land, and Sydney makes a grunt used in at least two types of videos, one of which is a stupid dance remix from her "oof" and the other is not fit for this good christian website to mention.
Of course, sadly, this is a written media. So I'll just say that you land and all's well and proper. The queen has a hairy back. and you're going at insane speeds and are currently sideways. She's clever enough to react properly, apparently, but she didn't account for your magic sticky feet. You start applying your sword techniques wherever you can manage, keeping close to the ground to reduce at least some wind resistance. Your hair goes flying, and all seven eyes get a good look around. You still keep your hair in front of most of them, which you admit is a bad habit. It's kind of spectacular when you suddenly see a little bit more than usually possible. Eventually, you start wearing down the spider with constant hacking and stabbing, piercing the foul beasts' hide.

From personal experience, you know one problem about hydraulic movement systems. While it permits a crazy amount of power for the size, it comes with the downside of reduced agility. You have the advantage of two types of musculature, but this big little princess doesn't. It could bench half a castle, but it can't even scratch it's own back!
Of course, when you finally manage to wear it down enough that it falls, you realize a fundamental law in physics. In fact, the man who invented that same rule doesn't even exist in this reality (at least not until about 642 years later, and it takes a while for the dude to figure it out, too). Of course, because you have a narrator, you can discover exactly which law is getting ready to ruin your day.

An object in motion stays in motion.
You go flying as the spider topples over, and your alchemists finally throw their bottles of mysterious liquids on the slightly softer underbelly as the creature screams and twitches. You, in the meantime, discover the full extend of the law.
Unless acted upon by an outside force.
You slam against the wall and the world flashes white before turning into a more permanent black.
Good thing unconsciousness and concussions mean nothing to fictional characters, ey?

When you wake up, the first thing that hits you is the feeling of being covered in some kind of slime. The second thing is that it's a bit hard to breathe, which implies the smell must be really bad. It's like a thick blanket of nasty air is covering you.
Oh, she's awake.
I'm not explaining this.
I CAN'T explain any of this!

We covered you in queen juice so they consider you the queen. We suspect it'll bond to you. The downside is that you smell awful and that you're not really subtle.
WHY WAS I NOT WOKEN UP?
We thought it was best to... strike the iron while it was still hot?
Y-yeah, of course. We, uh, had to move fa-We accidentally dropped the liver on you and decided to roll with it. It was kinda funny.
I mean... It kind of is.

Well, when life gives you lemons...

Get mad!
I DON'T WANT YOUR DAMN LEMONS, WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THESE? (get a little steamed at your party)

Make lemonade.
Get out and start the assault on the castle? Well. After you figure out how the stuff works.

Make a lemonade stand and start a business.
Explore the rest of the cave first.

I'm actually really injured.
Like, i'm at 8/25 right now, and I just had a concussion. I should probably lie down, at least.

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Minions

Skills and spells

Yep, we're back.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 05:04:44 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: October 25, 2017, 06:06:13 pm »

When i read about "the insane plan" for a moment i thought that I killed Sydney with the idea.

Hmmm, it was us who gave the spider idea, we can't get really mad. but we shouldn't attack or risk hurting ourselves right now

rest and make a small training with the small spiders

later we explore and begin the guerrilha style

Oh, Sydney will probably lick her smelly lips without noticing, everything is gonna end on her mouth.
Novice english wordsmith
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 216