Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 184946 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #150 on: December 26, 2016, 02:11:39 am »

He tecnicaly attacked us, right? And Vvulf said it was ok to kill someone if we are attacked, right? And we're eventually planning to escape, riiiiiiight?(?) Soooo... KILL HIM!
-1, this man is just remembering a old loved one of sorts. Instead, let's take him back to our tent and listen to his story. Not nessesarily letting him go, but not beating him up/shaming/directly restraining him.
This
+1

We arn't going to kill our dad.

He ain't our dad. If our mom was the object of his worship 20 years ago, he last saw her four years before we were born... unless Drider eggs take a long time to hatch. That said, I think what we do to him depends on how many wittnesses there were. If more than a few people saw the show, I think we have to at least kick his ass a bit to save face. We cannot afford to look weak right now.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #151 on: December 26, 2016, 02:23:56 am »

I think we put that to rest when we got him on the ground.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 26, 2016, 03:00:20 am »

Eh. These are bloodthirsty bandits who think it is a-okay to murder somebody for assualt and/or theft. At the very least we need to draw some blood or break some bones.

Of course if there are no reliable witnesses around, it doesn't matter. In that case I'm all for taking him back to his tent and hearing him out.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #153 on: December 26, 2016, 08:22:39 am »

I default to my poison speech: if we go around 'trying' to look strong it's going to eventually rub off as weak. We are mother fucking strong and people know that.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 26, 2016, 01:59:24 pm »

This is a bit different. This guy actually did something to us. Letting him walk away without serious punishment teaches people that there are no meaningful consequences for fucking with us.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 26, 2016, 03:59:51 pm »

The Berserker

To my tent. Nice and easy.
You draw your sword to make sure he doesn't try anything, and you guide him back to your tent. Few people see, and those that do don't even look interested. The journey is easy, and silent. You certainly have the urge to ask questions, but decide not to. This man could give some... interesting answers. Especially if he worshiped who you suspect. When you arrive at your tent, you see no wires have been tripped. Nobody tried anything, or they did and are very good at it. you shrug and guide him inside. You order him to sit on the floor and start talking

Let me start with this: Who are you?
I am Lucius, and also Bilious. I am one of the older lieutenants in Vvulf's army, who I joined when I was left without the comfort of Myrcella.
Who is?
A goddess... She looks so similar to you. Beautiful golden hair, piercing eyes, striking blue body... She just seemed a little older than you. She said she was more than two-hundred years old. She began simple,convincing a mere band of misfits and mercenaries to join her, and soon...
You swear he's ready to cry by now. You decide not to interrupt.
She was a beacon of hope in this horrid world, a testament to beauty in a land so... ugly. She was my goddess and I... I never loved anything like her.
Tears begin to roll across his cheeks. The situation is making you uncomfortable. Karliah, who is listening to the situation seems to share the sentiment, exchanging a confused look, but remaining quiet.
I just wanted to find her again. I looked for so long, and I gave up.
...What did this woman act like?
Like any god, she required worship. I was her head priest, and spread her word throughout the villages of heathens. so few followed... So we began taking them. They would LEARN to love her as they should. No matter how tough they were, none survived her kiss... Some called her a monster. But I knew what she truly was.
Karliah makes a comment: He sure lays it on thick, doesn't he? Looks like this Myrcella was the head of a spider cult, in short. Nasty business, that.

Do I really look so much like her. You feel something stuck in your throat. You could have the first hint to your mother ever... You love your adoptive father, but you have to discover where you come from.
...Like a mirror. You have her eyes, her hair, her body... Perhaps only a little more... muscular. Her magic powers were higher, as well.
Do you think she could be my mother?
Yes. Y-you could. But with who she would mate is a mystery. When the heathens banded together to destroy our religion, she had to flee. We lost our congregation and I... I lost my fingers.
Looking at his hands, you don't see anything that's missing. He notices your look
Not my human fingers. Over time, we were rewarded for our faith. Fingers of our god grew on the back meant to bear it. Some lost their mind, but I did not. It's what made me the leader.
What were those fingers, exactly?
Like your legs, essentially. The holy half spread through us, protecting us allowing us attack even without a weapon. Most may have gone mad, but they remained valuable servants.

You are not hearing good things about this person who just could be your mother. You shake your head disapprovingly. You decide to ask a little more
That's enough about this Myrcella. What do YOU do. I'm assuming you must do something interesting if you're a lieutenant.
I... Fight quite a bit better with my blades than unarmed. Not to mention I get frenzied in battle. I use mushrooms and similar substances to induce a state where I feel nothing but rage. I can aim this power because of the goddess's teachings.
...Right. Now then. Do you have a crew?
No. I work alone, but I do relay the messages of Vvulf.

That's all you can think of for now. You have to decide what to do with him.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 03:05:19 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 26, 2016, 04:23:17 pm »

Sooo... He's a drug addict. NO!

Random Thing:
:) We're this.
I now imagine our mother as this, since she litterally made other people call her a god. Pretty damn bad.
??? This is adopted Dad. We don't even know if he's still ok, he was talking about how he lost us when we last saw him.
? This is our real dad. I suggest we try to find out more about our parents.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 26, 2016, 05:00:25 pm »

Who else is thinking 'become benevolent god' as Sidney's life goal?

Anyway. I say turn this dweeb loose for now.

Start slow-cooking some grains so we can have hot cereal ready for breakfast tomorrow. Round up some bottom of the food chain chumps to babysit the food while it cooks. Go to sleep.

More or less keep up the routine of training with our squad and overseeing the kitchen until it is time for the next raid. While training, make use of our extra speed, and move laterally and vertically to cover more ground and gain better vantage points while still remaining in the same area as our men.

Ask Howard to whip up some spy-glasses for us and the squad.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #158 on: December 26, 2016, 05:52:50 pm »

We need to make this guy an honorary, if not official Vvulf certified advisor. He absolutely believes we are this woman's daughter, which we probably are which means he will protect us. He's older and he knows stuff and he will be honest about what he knows with us. He is far far greater at this role then any other option we have or will likely come across any time soon. And I betchya he'd hop on the opportunity.

Sleep.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #159 on: December 26, 2016, 05:58:47 pm »

DP deleted

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 26, 2016, 07:14:19 pm »

We need to make this guy an honorary, if not official Vvulf certified advisor. He absolutely believes we are this woman's daughter, which we probably are which means he will protect us. He's older and he knows stuff and he will be honest about what he knows with us. He is far far greater at this role then any other option we have or will likely come across any time soon. And I betchya he'd hop on the opportunity.

+1. We can use him. Although judging him based on the actions of the god he worshiped, I suspect his could easily be a corrupting influence.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 07:33:07 pm by Weirdsound »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 26, 2016, 11:01:39 pm »

Quote from: tankkit
I now imagine our mother as this, since she litterally made other people call her a god. Pretty damn bad.
??? This is adopted Dad. We don't even know if he's still ok, he was talking about how he lost us when we last saw him.
Let's keep some things straight: one, spider girls are clearly attractive. Two: our (possible) mother is not nessesarily evil. Some insects and arachnids do eat their mates to ensure that their young develop as quickly and healthy as possible.(which may be why so few survived her kiss...)
Either way, we should beware our instincts and be careful not to feed into this man's mentally broken state as a priest/possible husband to our possible mother.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 27, 2016, 12:51:51 am »

Quote from: tankkit
Let's keep some things straight: one, spider girls are clearly attractive. Two: our (possible) mother is not nessesarily evil. Some insects and arachnids do eat their mates to ensure that their young develop as quickly and healthy as possible.(which may be why so few survived her kiss...)
Either way, we should beware our instincts and be careful not to feed into this man's mentally broken state as a priest/possible husband to our possible mother.

I'd imagine eating mates is evil if you are sentient enough to go (or send somebody else) to the market and pick up fresh meat for your post sexytime meal. At the very least, (presumably) Civilized folk decided that her cult needed breaking up, so I'd guess she was up to some pretty nasty things.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #163 on: December 27, 2016, 01:09:16 pm »

Makes me think of Spock.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 27, 2016, 04:55:08 pm »

Sorry people, no update today. Some things came up that I didn't expect and i simply don't have the time to write up a part now.
I'll certainly update tomorrow, but i just don't have the time or energy to do so right now.
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 216