Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 184961 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2016, 06:01:58 pm »

I knew this was a bad idea.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2016, 06:14:08 pm »

Worse than I anticipated, but I still think we did the right thing. Our dad might have been fine sacrificing his home to keep us, but I'm pretty sure plenty of the other villagers might have held a grudge against us for costing them their homes because we couldn't afford to leave our family.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 16, 2016, 07:53:22 pm »

When I was planning a sanity mechanic,for example,  the paint-job you just got would have given the opportunity to enhance mental fortitude, while the alternative marking you would have gotten in a refusal of Vvulf's offer would give the same potential advantage. As I decided against adding a sanity mechanic, this is no longer the case....

I am a cruel and merciless god.
Then why not put in a sanity mechanic anyway? Or at the very least, an alignment mechanic just to show how rapidly we are going primal or evil?
Too complex or something?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 16, 2016, 10:39:03 pm »

With the information that not all perks will actually be useful, I change my vote to the shell thing the Tankkit voted for
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 17, 2016, 02:23:21 pm »

Hello? Anyone here? *cricket noises* Oh, ok.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #95 on: December 17, 2016, 02:35:07 pm »

I vote against shell armor because it would possibly impede wearing human torso armor. And armor is a lot more customizable then these growths which will force certain parts of her body to still remain exposed unless I suppose we keep upgrading until we have permanent spider power armor which sounds pretty cool but I'd rather have the versatility of human torso armor options.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 17, 2016, 02:37:48 pm »

I vote against shell armor because it would possibly impede wearing human torso armor. And armor is a lot more customizable then these growths which will force certain parts of her body to still remain exposed unless I suppose we keep upgrading until we have permanent spider power armor which sounds pretty cool but I'd rather have the versatility of human torso armor options.
Still 3 vs 1 for Growing Shell. Also, you could easily get customized armour to go around the shell. Besides, i'm pretty sure Sydnety would need customized armour anyway since she's a fucking HUMAN ON SPIDER'S LEGS! Who makes armour for that kind of person normally?
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 17, 2016, 02:54:29 pm »

The Twins

You are awake before anybody else in camp. You feel sluggish, as if some weight has been added to you. You figure it must be the paint, which is quite thick on your skin. It seems to stick out about half a centimeter. you reach to touch the paint, but stop when you see your hands. They've grown a dark blue covering of chitin. You swear softly to yourself as you look your naked body over. Your ribs have gained some plating as well, stopping to just below your breasts. the chitin is quite a bit darker than your normal blue. The plating over your arms make it look like those expensive gloves you see some rich ladies wear sometimes. The plating itself is not that thick, but it seems to have affected your sense of touch somewhat. You can't feel quite as well...
You realize you are naked, and attempt to find your clothing. You briefly entertain the though of remaining naked to make people uncomfortable, but you quickly decide to ignore that thought. As much you like the idea of making THEM uncomfortable, you still have your own standards.
(That is to say, this goes against your personality that you automatically don't do it.)

You are searching the tent when you hear a grumble come from Vvulf's side. He sits up and walks over to you. You freeze up as the giant comes closer. He's wearing nothing but his wolf skin, allowing you a look at his body. The scars he has are horrific and varied. Burn scars, deep cuts and even recent stitches are visible, but none seem to detract from the overwhelming sense of power you get from the man. Grim-faced, he grabs you be the shoulders and pulls you to his part of the tent. There, on the rack, you see a strange, spiky armor. Leather, with red tints and small spikes spread over. It looks like someone just decided to sharpen the studs on some type of armor. Vvulf shoves you in the back, which doesn't knock you forward due to your spider body, but his implication is clear. You put on the armor, while he dresses up behind you. Your armor doesn't cover quite as much as you hoped, even if the armor looks far thicker than what you used to wear. Your sides are wide open, meaning you only cover your front chest and lower back. There are straps in place over your shoulders, but you feel rather revealed. It makes you look... wild. Fortunately, you see that there is a bit more to it than just that. There's a collection of straps that you wrap around yourself to cover up the sides at your belly. You feel a bit more covered up.
Still a bit of cleavage, though. And those shoulders remain bare. The main purpose of this armor is less protection, and more keeping your body-paint visible. You use a belt to keep your weapon nearby, and strap the shied to your arm.

Vvulf finishes dressing himself a bit before you're done figuring out your new armor. You notice that there is no binder involved, so your chest is going to be a bit more visible and, more importantly, a lot more in the way. Let's hope your fighting won't suffer too much. Vvulf speaks to you:
It's introduction time, girl. Everybody knows why you're here, but these men won't follow you properly if I just tell them to. Fighting isn't a problem, but keep your killing for the raids. If they attack you, kill them, but don't start anything.
He moves in close enough for you to smell the blood on him.
Or you'll hang from my shield.
He rises up to his full height again, and walk outside. You follow him obediently. When you leave the tent, you feel the cold morning's air through your armor. You repress a shiver, and look around. The bonfire has burnt out during the night, and the rest of camp has only just begun to wake up. people wander about, looking groggy. Vvulf tells you to wander and do whatever you wish.

You begin to wander, if only to get away from him. After the night inside the stuffy tent, you're glad to have some morning air, even if it is a little cold. Before you can really start to notice anything of interest, two figures both grab you by the shoulder. You jump back to break their hold, and ball your fists until you see what just grabbed you. Two very similar people stand next to each-other, both wearing the same type of spiked leather armor as you. One is female, and the other is male, but they look so similar that they must be twins of some sort. They put their hands on their hips and put on an air of smugness. The female looks to have the same type of markings as you, although the main symbol is different. The man  doesn't have his shoulders marked, but instead wears facial paint.
The woman begins to speak:
So you're our new colleague, eh?
Looks to be a bit of novelty.
Quite. Spider bits aside, I can't see why Vvulf would instantly promote you...
For a laugh, most likely.
He does like laughing when in public.

I love your little routine, really, but I have better things to do than watch you idiots.
They look a bit flabbergasted that someone would interrupt them. They look a bit annoyed and proceed to talk normally.
Fine then. Short version. As far as lieutenants go, we're top dogs.
They walk closer to you, presumably to intimidate you. As they hardly reach your shoulders, it falls flat. You look at them with disdain. They leave shortly after, though you rub your leg with the female. She yelps adorably. You could tell she can't handle spiders from the way she was sweating and focusing on your human half. You snicker a little as they both walk away.
You've got a day ahead of you. You have to figure out what to do for now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, while it is true that someone else already posted a suggestion of how to act, I feel that some other may want to have say, not to mention that weeks will not pass. Large-scale plans will still be followed if the opportunity presents itself, but for right now you need some short-term plans.

The reason I decided against a sanity mechanic is because a psyche is a bit too complex to just be decided by a number. Also, while things are pretty bad now, you haven't seen anything that could really crack your mind open like an egg. Right now, it'll just leave you damaged if you let it.
Of course, things may grow... stranger as time goes on.

Ovmn fvm tzqkycmj jau gqkmc, dmoazm fvm dqju qp fvaf ovygv dhynec, fvm tzqkycmc qp an mktfu kan anj fvm cysvf qp a fvqicanj mumc.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 02:59:03 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 17, 2016, 03:03:56 pm »

Train, I guess?

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 17, 2016, 03:04:16 pm »

((Our rank is lieutenant- do we have any subordinates?))

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2016, 03:07:15 pm »

The bandit camp is not exceedingly organized. Your subordinates are anybody who isn't also a lieutenant. Vvulf keeps the actual commanding personal, usually. Lieutenants prevent orders from getting mis-interpreted through the large amount of people.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 04:50:01 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 17, 2016, 04:35:09 pm »

Try to find a way to coat our sword in our poison. Look around for any bandits who have a relatively upright disposition, and who are unaffiliated with any current lieutenants (but do not interact with them yet). If there is any time left, train with the sword, and get used to moving around in our new spiky armor.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 17, 2016, 10:14:38 pm »

So we're just above grunt status. Good to know.
start making a name for ourselves by sparring with some of the others. Try to see how many it takes for them to overwhelm us, then work on countering that many people at the same time till we can reliably do so.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 17, 2016, 11:15:40 pm »

start making a name for ourselves by sparring with some of the others. Try to see how many it takes for them to overwhelm us, then work on countering that many people at the same time till we can reliably do so.
+1 seems like a good plan
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2016, 04:13:06 am »

+1 seems like a good plan
+1

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 216