Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 184897 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2016, 04:26:10 pm »

"sounds enticing, but I don't trust you or your men to stop raiding My home. You want me to come along, then you're going to have to leave this place be as long as I live."
lets see if we can strike a deal with Vvulf. He leave our father and the hamlet alone, and we become his lieutenant.

+1: If you can't get him to agree to protect the whole town, at least see if you can get him to spare the homes and the inn.
-1 bad idea! I don't trust this guy and we can't just leave pops, I worry about the state leavening would put us in. Let's just go!
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2016, 04:27:43 pm »

"sounds enticing, but I don't trust you or your men to stop raiding My home. You want me to come along, then you're going to have to leave this place be as long as I live."
lets see if we can strike a deal with Vvulf. He leave our father and the hamlet alone, and we become his lieutenant.

+1: If you can't get him to agree to protect the whole town, at least see if you can get him to spare the homes and the inn.
-1 bad idea! I don't trust this guy and we can't just leave pops, I worry about the state leavening would put us in. Let's just go!
This I vote we refuse his offer
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2016, 04:35:22 pm »

This I vote we refuse his offer
We already got them to leave the town alone for now, but if we don't do Something, they will be back to raid again. Next time, they might kill our father too. At least if we can strike a bargain with them, we can somewhat safely bet our father will survive. We can occasionally try to visit him and keep in touch if we do strike a deal, and if we don't manage to convince them we can still stay with our father. Either way, the results are acceptable.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2016, 04:40:45 pm »

-Snippy Snappy Snip-
We already got them to leave the town alone for now, but if we don't do Something, they will be back to raid again. Next time, they might kill our father too. At least if we can strike a bargain with them, we can somewhat safely bet our father will survive. We can occasionally try to visit him and keep in touch if we do strike a deal, and if we don't manage to convince them we can still stay with our father. Either way, the results are acceptable.
[/quote]
...Screw my origonal action, this one makes sense, +1
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2016, 04:43:48 pm »

I doubt they will honor a deal, and we would have to fight and kill innocents if we went with this guy.

Joining him for ANY REASON is a bad idea. Just bolt.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2016, 04:54:07 pm »

Why would he betray us? If he really wanted to, he could crush this whole town with ease. The only good quality that we have right now is our potential. I think he has made this offer to cultivate us into his right hand man (or woman?). He certainly would not alienate us by going back on his word just for the sake of the small amount of money he can plunder from this town; he mentioned before he has plundered many others like it, so he has no real reason to go back on his word.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2016, 04:55:29 pm »

Gaaah, SO MANY REASONS WHY IT IS BAD, AND SO MANY REASONS WHY IT IS GOOD, TO GO WITH THIS GUY!
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2016, 05:08:55 pm »

We are not working with the bad guy. We will ethire become evil or get the town recked when we can't take it anymore!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2016, 05:12:56 pm »

-Snippy Snappy Snip-
...Screw my origonal action, this one makes sense, +1
[/quote]

We got them to let the people leave unharmed, not leave the town alone. I'm pretty sure they still plan on plundering the ever-loving shit out of it.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2016, 01:47:48 am »

Our little drider is not joining hands with bandits. Although that meat was tasty...
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2016, 02:27:56 am »

Our little drider is not joining hands with bandits. Although that meat was tasty...
+1
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2016, 10:25:59 am »

Right now, the votes are tied on "join the vvulf" and "join your father".
While I made a dice roll for your spider body, this choice is MASSIVE in comparison.

I will require a tiebreaker

To compensate for the lack of an update, I'll add in a little lore about the setting. (I may still update today, however)

The Sentient alliance.
There are many, many creatures in the world, and when the world was dragged out of the primordial muck only a few were blessed with intelligence. The differences in shape, culture and voice led to many wars over the centuries, in which some sentient races almost died off entirely.
In the year 845 PM (Post Moon), the orcish archmage of Nugra'la found that the most recent war against his people was the straw that broke the camels back. He cast one of the most powerful spells in recorded history, and teleported the leaders of all races inside his tower. He then restricted them from moving, setting them inside cursed chairs . He then ordered them to "figure something out" before perishing of a massive brain aneurysm, brought on by the strain of the magical power.
Inside this room, there was no time. Nobody aged, and the world remained unchanging outside. All of the leaders had nothing but each-other. When the dread of their situation entered their collective conscience, they spat and screamed at the wizard that forces them to sit here with their most hated allies. Personal accounts indicate that the corpse appeared unaffected by the hurtful names.

It is not known how long it took, some claim hours, others claim millennia,  but eventually they managed to come to an agreement. They knew it was right, for their infernal bonds dissipated, and for the first time, these leaders could make contact. The first action there, was a handshake and a headbutt.
Since then, the world lives in relative peace. All races live together in equality, and very little racism exists. Discrimination still occurs surrounding culture and social stance, but none will ever look down on anyone for their race.

The Alliance also has an international council, in which one person of each culture(not just race) is there to represent their people. They are among the most respected people in the world, and remain in tower of the Archmage to make decisions and keep the tenuous peace among worlds.
Not all sentient races are included however, as they must own a region of land before they are counted. Solitary races, such as giants, ogres and driders are, as such, not represented in the council.
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2016, 10:56:58 am »

Join vvulf.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2016, 11:35:25 am »

it wouldn't of been a draw if hubris hadn't emerged from lurking and +1'd without saying anything else. At least I tried to provide an argument that we would negotiate the continued safety of our hometown in exchange for joining Vvulf, and I still stand by my argument/suggestion.

If the negotiations were rolled, it could solidify some of the votes, since one of the major concerns is that leaving the town will result it it being raided by the brigands at a later date, which poses a threat to our family.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 11:40:12 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2016, 12:05:17 pm »

As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 216