Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 185952 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #780 on: July 14, 2017, 06:47:08 pm »

Woah three massive updates before I can sneeze. Homer's Odyssey better look out...

Translation: LS your production is very high. You should consider writing as a profession.

Some good arguments for the self biting upgrade. I probably would have had to really consider it. However we are a giant spider and it does seem likely that a drider would have a thirst for blood as a very likely element of itself.

I feel like an analogy of this story is... "What would have happened if Harry Potter chose Slytherin?"
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 06:52:08 pm by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: July 14, 2017, 07:43:35 pm »

Test subject keeps tempting me. Switching my vote to putting in half-votes for Test-subject and Hunter. Though all the options seems decent. I do somewhat worry about the maid cafe. Normally I am pretty open-minded, but young, scarred, spider-for-legs, plus vampire? And not the "just a small nip and you don't notice" sort of vampire, more of the "skewers your torso, drains you dry in a matter of seconds, and probably gets a few entrails mixed in with the juice" sort of vampire... Maybe we don't want to meet the sort of clientele that we might attract...

Necromancy obviously, but... can we try to pick up a few other odds and ends? We can probably juice up our lizard enough to read by so light is less of an issue. Heating a metal plate enough to cook on would be lovely, but that is a bit of an extravagance. Summoning clean water is always helpful.... Maybe a tiny touch of elemental summoning? Small volumes of earth, air, water, and fire cal all be hugely convenient in a pinch. It would no doubt come at a cost, and there is probably some sort of deal whereby breaking into a field is an incredible ordeal and just grabbing a few spells from every discipline is hopelessly impractical, but it feels worthy of consideration. We could even try paying for a private tutor for that much so that we could do it at the meagre cost of wealth and sleep, wisdom is the greatest of the three, right?

Write to Father! No excuses! Correspondence may be expensive, and it might be uncomfortable to share the worst of it, but it is important to tell him that we got here in as one piece, and still think of him, and that it is probably because of him that we are still a person. Even if we have, at some point, almost certainly crossed into "technically a monster, but monsters aren't so bad" territory, and probably always was just on the strength of being a drider. Maybe we can go back and take care of the inn for a while when he is ready to retire, unless he is going to go back to bounty hunting...

And why should we care if people judge us! We are a hero! Old Jesty was coming with or without us, we helped foment a resistance and removed some of their most murderous agents. That little seaside town? Other heroic types likely would have burned the place down, we settled it with a friendly chat, helped the people there come to terms with keeping a secret without just abducting people in the night for looking suspicious. The Bard would have burned down that wagon and called it a day or something, we made it a hundred percent success rate on identifying the kill-and-replace folks and cost those poor people the minimum they could have lost at that point. The Bloody Whisperer was going to go somewhere, and it met us and much of the town survived, otherwise they would have quarantined the whole place after losing a enough travellers to see that something was wrong. Although that was as much Eveline as anyone.
 They are probably just trying to make us feel like we need to hide to keep all our dridery goodness to themselves! It's not as though all the horror and suffering that we draw upon those around us wouldn't be worse if it happened somewhere else. It really isn't our fault!

I wonder if a moulted shell is worth anything. It is probably too thin and brittle to be used for much, and it would be sort of embarrassing. And then there is the idea of people observing a moulting., No doubt there are enough scholarly types interested in the process, but that sounds way to personal and embarrassing to live through, unless it is no big deal? Also probably worth arranging some time off for it so that we can focus on getting it right, and don't have to go running between classes with half our skin falling off...

Has... has queen been traumatised into silence? Perhaps she just doesn't want to talk after being eaten alive, again, the enthusiastic mob really sells it. Can we get counselling for the voice that tells us to kill people?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: July 14, 2017, 11:41:17 pm »

Test Subject
Could be good and bad.
I mean, what if we got incredible powers/crippling mutations?

Although those are unlikely, it would probably just be living magic dummy.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: July 15, 2017, 12:38:51 am »

It'll probably teach the world a lot about overcoming a drider's magic resistance.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: July 15, 2017, 02:19:53 pm »

Job chosen: Test Subject.
You'll be seeing a lot of different people and types of magic. But I came to a realization as I spent some time thinking about it.

"Test Subject" can easily be something you can do on the side. But I kept on thinking about that, and decided to add something for some additional stat and story affecters.

Hobbies!
There are many different things that one could do in the tower-town. Honestly, if you can think of it, it's probably available in some respect. Just keep on thinking in unimaginative fantasy world terms, and it can happen. On that note, "Test Subject" can be done as a full-time job or just as a side-thing for some extra pocket money and whatever other benefit there is to quaffing mystery potions and getting smacked by new and exiting types of lightning.

On that note, I'm taking a day off from making an update. I know it's kind of mean after making such a fuss about the timeskip, but I also want to make sure I've got some material to color that timeskip. There will be a few stories in the next four years, and I also want to have a vote for that.

What would you prefer for these short stories:
First-person narrative from multiple Points Of View (The stories will be told in retrospect by different characters that were directly involved. Sydney will always be a part of these stories, but it will never be her perspective
Second-person narrative (The same way the story has been going. It will be from sydney's perspective where you are supposed to be Sydney.)
Third-person narrative from Sydney's POV (The story will speak in third person, but you will hardly know more than Sydney does. As she discovers things, so will the narration)
Third-person Dramatic (The story is told by a narrator that tells the facts as they are, with no added colour from said narrator. It's simply describing the events, not taking sides.

So, on that note, I'll leave you to it. If you want to make requests about the story itself, now's the time. During the period of the timeskip, things will be a lot looser than before. You can even request a type of story (For instance, you can have a short story of Sydney ending up in Dark Souls and having a chat with Solaire. You can ask whatever you want, if it can't fit it's just non-canon.)

To but it simply, this will be a bit of a hiatus, but there will still be plenty of content. If nothing else, it will allow me to take a couple of potential story branches and expand upon them. To make sure there's a bit of depth to the whole thing. I hope this will at least be fun or everybody involved. If you have any requests about the story, lore or how I write things, don't hesitate. I'll take any advice to improve the storytelling.
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: July 16, 2017, 04:54:53 am »

Well, playing with the cookbook would be fun, but we already know how to cook.
Collecting and modifying undead pets might be nice, but we have classes for that.
It would be really nice to get some broadened magical education. If we can spend some time and money with a tutor and get some basic elemental conjuration or something in our spare time then that would be super-neat.
It is sort of tempting to spend some time connecting with our inner spider. We barely know how to spin a proper fly-catcher, we are ill-familiar with melting a critter's insides and slurping out the juices, and it has been a long while since we last just hung from some strands, watching the folks, whiling off the endless hours waiting for a tasty to get stuck just to find out that it was a small human child who wanted a closer look at the strange spider lady and we are trying to kick the habit so we need to cut it loose and set it free and it made a huge mess of our web and now we need to spin up a new patch and why can't inedibles just steer clear of our beautiful webbing...
Correspondence with father!
'hanging out'. Try not to loose touch with everyone else. Yunikki might be satying here, Eviline likely has better things to do than hang around a wandering drider with too many curses, Meandra always had her own life, Thogg is, umm? Well, we probably need to try to find some work for Thogg if they show up. Settign Thogg up as a successful member of society could be a project all of its own...
"Your Changing Body and You: Why has Your Breath been Reclassified as an Attack?". Some self-examination is in order. Maybe a diary, except a bit less social and a bit more documenting various weird things about ourselves?
Weaving? If we can learn to make nice impromptu clothing from our own silk then that would be, well, convenient, and we can also use the scalps of our enemies as appropriate!
Sports! Maybe we can try for a sparring tourney, is necromantic hair-pulling against the rules? Maybe we could try hockey!
Spread the word! Religion isn't all bad, lets see if we can't start a cult and revive the worship of door-hinges and mould!
Shopping! One of these days we are going to have a personally tailored outfit... It may bot be today, it may not be within four years, but it will happen!
Ummm, collect something? Bells are pretty, and make a nice noise too...

I feel like first-person multiple pov could be fun, and it would be nice to have a change like that. Yunikki was certainly different.
On the other hand, the metagamer in me is wanting the third person dramatic for all the secret information that will be laid bare. It is always nice to have an example of solid data that can be used as an example of what is probably really going on later with a less reliable perspective.
Read the First Post!

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: July 16, 2017, 01:14:12 pm »

First-person narrative from multiple Points Of View
Could be interesting.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: July 16, 2017, 03:57:54 pm »

Letter to Alibert Aestinus.

Dear father

While I'm sure you wouldn't entirely agree with that, I'm still calling you that, regardless of how different I am from before. I'm writing you this letter so you could have an idea how things are going for me. If you don't care about that, you can just throw the letter into the fire. Please don't do that.
So, the fact that I'm writing this to begin with should tell you that I managed to find a quiet spot for a long while. No more adventures for a while, because I just started learning necromancy at the Orc Tower! The journey to here was just as horrible as all the other things I've done over the last few weeks a bit difficult, but we did end up saving a town from a disease. It made me even more of a monster I have some scars from it, but nothing too bad. I got here in once piece, didn't I?
Eveline is learning alchemy here. and Yunikki is getting some lessons from the Crusaders Meandra and the others had it all figured out, but me and Eveline are trying to find a job right now. If need be, i'll just join up with some experiments. They have a good lock on the safety requirements, so apart from maybe a little zap, It shouldn't be too bad.

There were a couple of bad things that happened, of course. For one, the group we were with discovered some mimics. It was a haunting ordeal to be rid of those things, but we managed to do so without any unneeded casualties because of my magic. I'm actually kind of proud of that, but it was still scary to see those things flip out like that. At any rate, we also Forced befriended an ogre to join us for a while. Sadly, he's no longer with us. He just couldn't join us on the carriages to the orc tower. I only found out after the fact, as I was still a bit injured at the time. At any rate, how are things with you? I hope the inn is up and running again without issue, and the new stories are sure to attract more patrons! Maybe I'll even hear some stories reach here. People are going to flock to the man that helped stop the first cult to the gestating god, that's for sure! Everybody wants to meet a hero, after all.

I'm scared. I can't just keep on pretending that I'm fine, I'm just not. I can't sleep at night, I keep dreaming of the plague, the ritual. The mimics are actually a good thing, at least I don't wake up from that nightmare. I still feel the Queen on the inside, and she's actually gotten worse. She comes out when I don't drink blood. I need to drink blood on a regular basis, or I might go absolutely berserk and kill somebody. They're keeping me supplied, but if something goes wrong, you're just going to be right again. I'm a monster that dreamt it was human, and loved it. But now the dream is over. I'm terrified. I don't know if I'm more afraid of the world or the world is going to be afraid of me.
There's little else going on, right now. I'll try to get a lot of rest in, and maybe even try to forget the last two weeks. I'll be the daughter you remembered in due timeI'll be fine, don't worry. That alter ego of mine isn't even around like she used to, and there's even medication for it. In due time, I won't have to deal with her at all. As for the things I've seen, that will pass. You used to say that time heals all wounds, and I'm inclined to believe it.

I hope to hear from you soon. If you don't want to write, that's fine. I'll be pretending it's because you can't find a mailman though! You can't stop me from denying things to myself.

With all my love
Sydney.

That's the end of the first story. As for the things Sydney will be doing, they'll be fairly diverse, at the moment. She'll drift about in the suggestions, and stick with what fits her best. She will most certainly keep a diary, however. Feel free to make any further suggestions, and they will most certainly be part of it. Four years is a long time, after all, plenty of things can happen.
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: July 16, 2017, 07:10:57 pm »

I may, potentially, have gone a bit silly with hobbies. If anyone downvotes them then I won't take it personally.
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: July 17, 2017, 03:04:53 pm »

Driders in the classroom?

So, yeah, when I first saw some badass-looking spider lady enter the class, I didn't exactly expect her to just be student, you know? More like a substitute teacher that snaps necks to show how to rez fresh corpses or something dark like that. We had a couple of those, so when she just sat down and waited we were all kinda confused. Nobody wanted to talk to something that big and intimidating, you know? Not to mention, her clothing was downright awful. Tough shirt, alright, but it clashed with that blue carapace of hers and anybody who wears leather bits of armor isn't making a great fashion statement, you know. Point is, not a great impression. Not to mention the scars. She was missing an EYE, and having a couple extra does not help in making it less creepy.

Of course, the real fun began when the professor finally came in and explained the situation. Yesterday was a day without any lessons, so we missed that hunk of a headmaster explaining it. I'm always kinda miffed when you miss out on that, you know, I mean. He comes out like, once a month AT BEST. So after the teacher explained it all, and she forced the drider to the front to introduce herself, things mellowed out a lot. All that stress and stuff just melted away. She knows how to talk, too, kept it going, didn't make it boring. Unlike Erika, the boring bint, Sydney(that's the drider's name) kept it short n' sweet. The teacher added a couple nasty things, but it doesn't really matter in my opinion. So she knows how to fight, big deal. Biggest thing we needed to pay attention to was that she caught a strain of vampirism and needs a little blood every now and again. I mean, okay, I'm a vegetarian, but if you're literally a carnivore I can't just force people, you know? Nature's a biggie. Can't deny that!
Biggest thing i noticed is that she's pretty smart. She even corrected professor Sinchwa on how souls leave the body! Apparently, she's the first to notice her little mistake in over five years of teaching, and she kept it in there to see which people "studied the material". But, like, if the material is faulty, how are we supposed to know?

Come to think if it, Sydney only discovered through some really gross stuff. Apparently she managed to talk to some of those beakheads and got something exceptional out of it. That little ritual they do sometimes, except she get like, major props from death over something or the other. Something about some really good mark? I mean, I only got a rose on my shoulder, so I don't think he'd care that much. Sydney didn't tell us what tattoo managed to impress the Scythe, and she didn't much care to. I'm not gonna pry into that, we've all got regrets in something or the other.

So anyway, yeah, things are probably gonna get interesting with this drider. At least I hope so, things are real boring right now. I mean, who even cares about souls? What can you even DO with them?
Whatev.

Polifia Adams, signing off!

Neat stuff I do:

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: July 17, 2017, 03:51:23 pm »

Remember that the teachers are here to teach us, because they know more than us, because they are better than us.
I am sure that the humans are curious about a drider, but don't go expecting awe or wonder. They are learning MAGIC! A drider really isn't going to compete with bending the world against its nature.
((Really hoping that this is just paranoia and that I am just pointlessly torturing a- *runs off to check on Prequel*))

And... ummm... souls are totally useful! AUmmm... Maybe, like, you can bind a soul into a body by, like, using a magical flow instead of a vital flow, and direct that magic to discharge into a single-use death-beam so that the soul can be expended to power an emergency weapon? And I am sure that vermin-torches will be the next big craze amongst necromancers who want to save on candle expenses...
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: July 18, 2017, 03:08:20 pm »

Infectious diseases report X-15.
Vampirism strain:Bug-to-Man Crimson Curse.

Came to Dunwich after a distress signal from Arch-mage Richard Mi'ami, alongside transport vehicles. Usual service costs were taken after the trip.
A contained infection, compared to how extreme these infections can end up. Luckily, the queen was a front-liner, and was even taken down non-lethally. This is an exceptional case, however (See addendum 1).
Typical post-infection traumas dealt with. Healers spent most of their time regrowing lips and transmutating teeth to the normal human shape. Most of the town was too traumatized to counter our efforts, showing that the infection must have been of a very short duration. Some people, one of which was Anna Radbot (neomagical researcher, with earlier ties to the tower), had to be [Data Expunged].
Of note should be that the earlier mentioned queen has been sent to the tower alongside the other scholars. According to the reports of the alchemist responsible for the neutralization, she will make a full recovery apart from
[Data Expunged].

Local help in the form of an ogre has neutralized patient zero, which is the usual Cursed Sycophant. Strange thing to note is the sheer distance from the usual location that it's species resides. It hangs close to the Deadlands, around the hamlet of [Redacted], which is already a noted location for it's unique level of [Data Expunged].
After three days of making sure no traces remain of the plague, operations were cleaned up and moved back to the tower. Blood supply is available for former queen, [Data Redacted], who is now a student in the necromancy course. An eye will be kept on her to avoid collateral damage if she were to be cut off from blood for an extended period, as testing indicates she would [Data Expunged].
However, she is willing to co-operate, so no additional actions should be necessary. Blood does not need to be pure, in case of emergencies a corpse of an animal is acceptable.

[Data Redacted]
Signing off.
Neat stuff I do:

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: July 18, 2017, 04:06:44 pm »

That feeling when you discover that you are an S.C.P. subject...

Although they could at least have mentioned how old the corpse can be. I mean, how old is that sewer-hound corpse that we have been dragging around?
Read the First Post!

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: July 18, 2017, 04:18:55 pm »

[/lurk] Still paying attention to this. The amount of work you're willing to put into this is stunning. Great job! [lurk]
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: July 19, 2017, 04:22:28 pm »

Weekly teacher's report:
Ursula Sinchwa, necromancy course.

Half-week of lessons this week, due to recent tests surrounding vermin resurrection (See previous report). New student made minor waves in the class, but she seems to be settling in well. I suspect no problems fitting in, despite her unique race. On that note, further actions to counter the bullying Erika Sanito is receiving. From what I can tell, the drider won't be joining in. Our local Psionic did the legally allowed mind-probing, and noted that she has suffered discrimination and similar throughout her life. I suspect that the drider will be defending Erika, although it's still too early to tell.
(Personal note: I do not like that the Psionic left the room screaming after he continued probing, and was later found vomiting in my lesson material bins. )

Individual Student evaluation.

Atsuko Kagari
Dreadful performance, despite earnest attempts. I fear she simply doesn't have a lot of raw talent to work with, but her dedicated personality and high spirits keep her going. I believe she may be in need of some tutoring, whether from more successful students or a teacher. I truly want to see her pass this year, but her magic ability and lack of focus are very detrimental. She DID make major strides during the last leg of the vermin resurrection tests, being able to perform the most complicated actions and resurrections without issue, despite failing to even resurrect a rat two days before that. I suspect she simply works better under pressure, and will get there. Sadly, her bad results from the earlier days reflect badly on the rest, and due to our policy of not re-doing tests, her scores will remain low.
I must repeat that I truly believe in her, but she will have to work harder than the other students.

As for her class relationships, she is the closest, and possibly only, friend of Erika. Sadly, this in combination to her lacking magical abilities leave her a victim of bullying. She seems to take it all in stride, however, and I haven't seen her smile even waver for a second. It's a very good reflection of her can-do attitude, and she is most likely a stabilizing element for the class, allowing catharsis without putting down a student who takes it personally.

Connie De Maio
Average performance. Nothing to really note about her vermin tests. She passes with a 6/10, losing two points for accidentally performing a vermin flashbang during the last leg of the test, showing a lack of study or perhaps just a moment of panic. Necromancy is more art than science, after all. Her control is very lacking, and she reacts quite badly to blood and bodies. I hope to train this out of her by the end of the year.

As for class relationships, she seems rather asocial. She doesn't say much, and just hangs around the main group (Plifia, Mahirma and Lars) only occasionally stating her mind. She's not terribly involved with them. I think she'd prefer to be alone, and she never remains after class, contrary to most others, preferring to rush to her home.
I suspect she has a developmental disorder. Perhaps autism?

Erika Santino
Bad test results. She has the talent, but she doesn't have the courage. Her constant state of stress is causing problems with control, her panic about it being a test causes her to overshoot and burst more vermin than resurrecting them. I suspect this is because of her bullying problem and stressful home life. There is nothing to note about the tests other than the bad results. Other than finally managing to resurrect two vermin, she was unable to do any further tests and left the classroom crying. Atsuko chased her down to console her, which I allowed.

Her class relationships are utterly dreadful. She's a small girl that easily ends up rambling when she gets nervous, which made her a prime target for Polifia and her two helpers. Ever since then, her results have been turning dreadful. At the beginning of the year, you'll remember that I had very high hopes for her, but in recent times her work and attitude has been in a downward spiral. I suspect, were it not for the efforts of Atsuko, she would have entered a state of outright depression. I have done my best to help her, but I don't have a shred of proof that she's actually being bullied other than her telling me about it. I simply can't remain around her, considering I have higher years to take care of as well.
I worry for the girl, I truly do. I hope my hunch about the newest arrival, Sydney Aestinus proves correct to help protect her against the main three. If that doesn't happen, and Erika is pushed to the breaking point...
I had mentioned my high hopes before, and that's due to a massive amount of magical power. If she were to have a breakdown, the consequences will be severe.

Geoffrey Caerbannog
Good testing results. Has far more success in controlling the vermin than others, and has the second highest score as a result. He still has trouble controlling his mana flow, however, leading to a few exploded rodents. Once he gets going, however, he performs the tests flawlessly. These are the results you can expect from a Deadlands native, I suppose.

As for class relations, he seems to be getting along with everybody. He seems to avoid Erika, however, I suspect because it would harm his relationship with three members of the class. He seems interested in having a high social standing, but doesn't seem overly interested in actually getting to know anybody. While this is harmless behavior, I find it somewhat disturbing. He doesn't emote a lot, and the boy honestly scares me sometimes. The fact that he brings in his own resurrection subjects is what really sets me off.

Lars Phillipsson.
Decent results. Everything is just that, decent. I feel like he doesn't want to apply himself, as he clearly has talent and drive. He just seems bored with everything that happens. As long as he gets at least a passing grade, it's fine for him. He gets them, to be sure, but I feel like he could do better. The wasted potential here is a point of frustration for me.

Class relationships. Despite his uninterested attitude during lessons and testing he is an excitable person in his interpersonal relations. Jokes, gesticulations, even informed arguments. He keeps things moving all the time when it comes to the interactions in the class. Despite this, however, he does not take charge. He mostly follows around Polifia to make snide comments to everything that happens. Nobody is really spared from his commentary, but I suspect that he joins in on the bullying towards Erika.

Mahirma Uétak
Barely passed. She is simply far too temperamental, and once things start going wrong she starts to overdo everything. If she didn't start out as well as she does, I'd have failed her. This is also the case in the lessons as well, anytime she has trouble understanding something, she takes it as a personal slight from me to her. She is just an angry, angry person.

Class relations. The most physically able of all the students, and far from afraid of showing it. She often calls out contests of strength or outright brawls. I have broken up multiple fights between her and some students of other courses. She does seem to follow Polifia around religiously, and will take any slight towards her personally as well. She just enjoys violence, and I heard her planning an attack on the newest addition to class.
Considering Sydney's martial history, I'm just going to "forget" to prevent that.

Polifia Adams
Perfect results. She did everything perfectly from beginning to end, which does not fit what I see in class. In class she seems distracted and overly smug, but during testing she's exceptionally focused and aware.

I also notice an odd smell, which makes me believe she uses narcotics. It is not my job to investigate this, and recreational drug use is technically legal in this town, but I would still prefer if she kept it out of the classroom. As for class relationships, she is the "leader" of the classroom. Her calm attitude and prestigious test results give her a lot of prestige, and she uses her power to pick on those she considers weaker than her. Which ends up making her more powerful through fear and peer pressure. I don't think she's even consciously doing this.
I am considering serious disciplinary action, more than just writing lines over the suspicion of bullying.

Sydney Aestinus
The newest addition to the class. Considering that she already had a pet skeleton lizard on her shoulder, I will assume she would have done well during the vermin tests. She was the first to finally notice the mistake in how souls leave the body, which I am glad for. When I asked how she knew, she explained that she has some direct contact with death, which implies a relationship with the Order Of The Blighted Beak. Still, it would imply her to be a very capable student. I did notice her magical ability, while quite well-tuned, is far weaker than all my other students. She ran out of mana in the middle of the day, which is something we will have to train.

As for class relations, it's too early to tell. I will talk about my impressions of her psyche.
The most important thing I noticed is that she has signs of PTSD. As I worked during the crusades, I'm quite aware of the signs. Her "trigger" seems to be the sound of tearing flesh. Not under a scalpel or knife, but when it is torn by hand. Her reactions are subdued, but they're there. A nervous twitch, halted breathing... On a bad day, this could be worse than that. I have noted that she suffered a time of abuse herself, which is why I suspect she will be attracted to Erika and might defend her. Considering she's physically the most capable out of any of the students (and myself, I must admit), she should be a fine guardian indeed.
Despite that, she is far from asocial. She took the sudden interest quite well, and was quite a chatterbox to the others after class. During class, she was quiet and attentive.
I have high expectations from her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like a more thorough explanation of Sydney's vampirism, however. Will I receive it from you, or will I have to make a personal visit to Infectious Diseases Containment?
I DESPISE visiting IDC, you know this.

End of report.
Neat stuff I do:
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 216