Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 185992 times)

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #735 on: July 01, 2017, 04:55:46 pm »

You need to save the others. If this thing can spread, no matter how powerful they are, they're very likely to be in trouble. Not to mention, something that horrible spreading like a common disease? Terrifying. At any rate, your companions will be needed. All of them, so in order to get Eveline on board, you scoop her up and put her on your back. She struggles a bit at first, scared out of her wits, but soon calms when she understands your intent. She keeps her dagger at the ready, but it's more for show. It's too short to actually do a lot of stabbing, especially on driderback, but at the very least she isn't defenseless. Yunikki and Meandra both follow you, though Yunikki grumbles a bit about "fleshy bullshit". Her armor should do a fine job at protecting her from these creatures. Thogg is likely to be too though to approach, you've got your driderness... Ultimately, only Meandra is the "weak link". Fortunately, she can perform the most amount of magic out of everybody here. You just need to make sure she's protected

None of your companions need a lot of convincing to head further into town. You're two streets away from the inn, where you assume the highest amount of survivors are. The morning mist is affecting your sight, and you don't want to change to soulsight. While it would show the souls, your vision will be so limited that you might just wander into a different trap entirely. You keep your shield high, on edge from the disturbing display and the horrifying surroundings. The town is completely shattered, with globs of blood and gore everywhere. The biggest thing you notice is the sheer amount of bugs that infest the place. A constant, droning buzz becomes more and more apparent as you walk forward, and the buildings are covered in small specks that bounce and wander in a most unappealing way. When you come closer, you recognize that these things are all mosquitos, bloodsucking fiends ready to close in on you. You flail around with your shield, and quickly make some distance before the swarm reaches you. Looks like they're agressive...
It doesn't take long after that until you find another sign of trouble. Another figure walks out from the fog. Disturbingly, you recognize them. That's one of the scholars. You didn't really know him, but the fact that one of the scholars has already been affected...

It doesn't take long before he notices you. He freezes in place, and in that moment you can see the terrible effects of the plague upon his body. His jaw and lips have been masticated almost into pulp by the long,sharp fangs replacing the once human teeth. What's worse, is that he has torn into his arms with wild abandon, leaving his left with gaping, dripping holes, and reducing his right to little more than a shard of bone. Yet more blood falls, transformed into a blackened ichor that drips far too slow. Now that the scholar has fallen out of his stupor at the sight of fresh meat, he raises his remaining hand while gibbering some words. You can hardly understand any of them through his ruined maw, but fortunately, you can see the green bolt of energy before it hits you. Your shield takes the blow, and you hear a sizzling as the grass on the metal shies away from the hit. You charge forward as the scholar attempts to launch another bolt of magic with his removed hand. You see a faint sizzle at his stump, and he screams in frustration. The cry is rattling and unnatural, and you see his entire mouth is covered in these pins and needles that one can only call teeth by habit rather than logic. You reach him before he can manage another bolt, and use your speed to bash him backwards with the shield. He stumbles backwards, and you attempt to cut into him with a sideways swipe. He "blocks" it with his ruined stump, making another rattle of pain before swiping forward with the bone. It scratches you  on the arm, nothing serious, but...
You shout, and make a second swipe aimed at the neck. Your sword enters, and buts about halfway before you lose your grip. The creature stumbles to the side from the force of the blow, but somehow it comes back upright. Before it can attempt another shout, a large foot strikes the former scholar in the chest, sending him flying. After that, Thogg's massive sledgehammer comes down upon the creature, reducing it's lower body to little more than gore. It shakes a little more, before finally becoming still.

I HELP. YOU OKAY?
Yeah, yeah... Just a scratch.
You feel Eveline stumbling off your back.
YOU GOT SCRATCHED!? OH GODS.... NONONONO, YOU'RE INFECTED!
What?! no! I feel fine!
Y-YOU SAY THAT NOW, BUT I... I CAN'T BE CLOSE TO YOU ANYMORE. W-WE NEED TO RUN. G-GET YOU CURED BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.
Eveline! I'm fine. It's just a scratch from some bone. Nothing even got in the wound!
As if the word alone summoned them, you suddenly hear another rattling moan from behind the next building. Then another. And two more. Four different voices, all yelling the same thing:
BLOOD! TEAR THE WOUND, FEED THE HUNGRY!
They talk like a terrible chorus, at the same time. Thogg and Yunikki ready their weapons, and Eveline holds her dagger with two hands. Meandra keeps a bit of her distance, but you can already see some of the soil move. The infected turn the corner, and they look at you as nothing more than prey. Again they freeze up, just like the two before them.
You don't intent to give them much of a chance. Thogg has crushed the first one with an over-the-shoulder blow from his hammer, and Yunikki has buried her sword deep in the belly of the closest one to her. You slam your sword down into one of their skulls, but your sword ends up stuck! The creature you hit is still moving and swinging her arms, and the one next to her... you can just barely release your sword in time to block the blow. Left with nothing but your shield, you take the strap with two hands and bash forward. The creature stumbles, and before it can recover, you bull-rush her and get her on her back. A vine pops out of the ground and begins to choke the life out of the poor infected. Yunikki, meanwhile, finishes her plague victim off with another decapitation. She's completely covered head to toe in blood now, though.
Piece of shit vomited on me...
If it didn't get in your visor, it's fine... How about you, Sydney? Anything... odd? Like a pressure in your eyes or...
Again, I'm fine. Don't worry so much. I'd be surprised if it even affects me. I'm a drider, remember?
IT KIND OF HARD TO OVERLOOK.
See? Anyhow, let's move on. We're not out of the woods yet...

Before you leave, you take note of something. These infected were more progressed than the first one, and their eyes are completely blackened and swollen. They nearly seem to poke out of their eye-sockets. Another things you notice is that their tongues seem swollen. Not much, but it keeps their mouths propped open a little bit. You disregard it. It doesn't matter much, now. Anything that mutated can't be saved. Eveline's rambling is starting to get to you, however. The slightest twinge of discomfort make you feel tainted, but you push it away. It's just psychosomatic. You're fine.
You reach the street with the inn without any further issues, though you look at Yunikki with suspicion when she has a sudden coughing fit. Eveline is still mumbling to herself, sticking close to Meandra, who is also starting to look very nervous. Eveline is doing more bad than good right now... Of course, that's not the only problem. The street is completely filled with infected, some of which are feasting on eachother. Unfortunately, you spot the dwarven bard among the victims. He barely looks alive, with most of his face being torn away and his ribs being plainly visible. He has no eyes, leaving only black emptyness. He stumbles around in a sad sort of way, lightly tapping his drum.
The Inn looks to be covered, meaning that it's quite likely to contain survivors. You even hear some commotion, though it's too far away to tell. It's about 30 meters filled with plague victims to the Inn.

How will you get to the inn?
You CAN do things other than going to the inn, but i'm assuming you're going to follow the set course of action, for now.

Stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Inventory

Party

Magic, skills and minions
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: July 01, 2017, 05:30:59 pm »

If we were more driderish, then we might be more resistant. If we ARE infected, then it would be best to resit it sooner than later.
Yunikki is a huge worry. We have had bad encounters with coughing before. Spare a glance with soul-sight and, ermm, if we had some sort of weak death spell then the infection is probably still very weak compared to Yunikki, but with no experience, that is a very bad idea. We get the scholars, we get Eveline's supplies, and then we get out and get everyone treated, thoroughly.
Ask Thogg if He has seen the main bug again.
Try to get our allies hidden, on top of a building is good if there is one that can take Thogg's weight, and we can drop a thread from the top pretty quickly. Yunikki is in charge, then Meandra if Ynikki is separated or incapacitated. Remind Eveline that both of them have gotten through some horrific stuff before and we trust them. The meeting point is the place we camped last night, and if that isn't an option then the meeting point is away from the town along a direct line from the tallest building to our campsite. Save who and what they can but safety is the priority, we need everyone to stick together and stay alert. We will draw them away, we are probably the fastest and best climber and have these nifty exploding rodents... That and they already seem to have a taste for us. Set the hound and a rat to protect Eveline and Meandra.

After that... Refresh ourselves on the plan. Get the horde's attention, be the bait, run away, use a rodent-bomb as a distraction if need be, then get back to everyone else. With the plan clear we go full-monster with freedom to break the town in any way we care to.

Let's hope that this isn't one of those "You are hallucinating and attacking people" things. But that wouldn't explain the massive gathering around the outside of the inn nor why people are so uncoordinated...

It should be easy enough to convince ourselves to go with a "running away" plan instead of a "rip them all to pieces" plan when it becomes apparently that we are making them all dance to our whims...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 05:25:25 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: July 02, 2017, 05:49:36 pm »

Thogg, you see anything?
SEE LOTS OF BLOOD PEOPLE.
Apart from that? The bug you saw, maybe?
THOGG SEE PLENTY OF STINGS
Forget it, it's useless... How are we going to get to the inn?
I have a plan. And I don't think you're going to like it. I'll get you guys on the rooftops, and then I'm going to distract them.
Are you insane!? They'll get you killed, or worse!
Look, they always freeze up when they see a prey... I can get away in that time. I'm real fast, besides, I can outrun them.
Can you. Can you really?!
We'll see.
THOGG NO TRUST ROOFS.
I... Look, fine. T-they won't see us on the roof, and... I guess Thogg could remain in an alleyway. But to s-send you out there to d-die or... or... oh gods... Eveline finally starts breaking down completely, and she begins to sob. The stress is really getting to her. You shake her a bit, to snap her out of it, but it's no use. She ends up sitting on the cold hard ground staring at the ground. She's almost catatonic. She doesn't even react when you snap your fingers in front of her.

It's fine. Should have left her at the camp, but we can deal. Look, you take us up to the roof while Thogg looks for some place to hide. Plenty of trees around,
 and he can handle a straggler, right big guy?

THOGG CAN. THOGG JUST NOT LIKE.
See? He's fine. Anyway... Do I just hold on to you?
I'll, uh, just send down some silk. You can do some climbing, right? Meandra, same goes for you.
Sure, sure... We'll manage. Can you carry Evi up?
You don't waste anymore time, and just prove that you can. You scoop her up and cradle her like a baby as you climb up the walls. She still doesn't react. She is completely down and out. You place her on the roof, and make up some silk and place down some rope to street level. Meandra climbs up first, quite rapidly. Yunikki is far less graceful, and you end up pulling her up with the help of Meandra and Thogg giving her a push. When she gets up top, you climb down again while Thogg makes some distance and hides in an alleyway. He mercifully blends in well enough because of the darkness, and he doesn't seem to be affected much by the tons of bugs that are still swarming the building. You briefly reflect on how odd it is that there are no bugs on this wall, but they seem to avoid the infected anyways. Most likely, you're a bit too close to a massive horde of blood-seeking cannibalistic monsters.
Now, of course. The real danger is upon you. You take the rodents off of the hound, and carry the beast up to guard Eveline. Your companions should be relatively safe, even if you obviously won't be.

The buzzing of flies, the smell of corrupted ichor. The approaching horror.

The switch was easy, even if the Queen felt less than pleased about the current plan. She steps out into the open, and yells at the horde in front of the inn. As always, they freeze up for a moment, their drool and ichor dripping from their ruined mouths. Then, all at once, they screech, rattle and roar at their new food source. The run begins as she runs back, further into the town as the massive horde flies forward like a tidal wave of rage and blood. As fast as Sydney is, these creatures are filled with unholy strength, and some manage to reach her. Ignoring her abdomen, the run next to her and attempt to bite at her neck, with no success. She bashes them away with the shield, or makes a shallow cut to drive the creatures away. But this only slows her down, despite her attempts, and soon more and more of the creatures begin surrounding her. Quickly, before she is overwhelmed, she throws up a rodent and makes it explode in a shower of gore and light. The plague victims stumble, their wild sprints slowed. It's is only barely enough to escape the increasingly threatening numbers of plagued individuals. As she escapes, Sydney cuts at the legs of some of the blighted enemies, in the hopes it would at least slow them down. In a flash of inspiration, she also throws the dead rabbit from earlier a distance away, which serves to distract at least two of the seemingly unlimited number of once-human beasts. Even if escape was made possible, it doesn't take long before the chase continues and her aggressors reach her. A second rat is spent just as she enters the forest proper, only barely avoiding a bit to her jugular from the spikes that line their gaping maws. As the forest grows ever thicker, a sudden pain manifests itself in her shoulder.

A crossbow bolt has lodged itself there, and already blood is dripping from the ruined flesh. The tip was serrated as a cruel alteration, to cause as much bleeding and ruin as possible. The wound is not deep, as a result, but the smell of blood only seems to inspire these damned creatures even further. Their shrieks become louder, and there is a faint tone of jubilation to be heard. These are not the mindless creatures that one would expect, but instead perversions of men and women. As the call for blood grows, their intelligence will return. Soon, she is surrounded, faster than before. Her legs burning, and a faint panic spreading even in her seemingly fearless demeanor, she expends the last rodent. Now, she can no longer run from these creatures. Only for the smallest amount of time before they will be upon her like rats to a corpse. In a final, desperate attempt, she crawl up a tree, using her physiology as the one advantage she has against this terrifying wave of blood and rage. It only barely slows them down, and they climb up, some using their new maws to hold their grips, and some using freshly grown talons. Their fingers stretched and twisted into instruments of war. The blade can only stem the tide for a moment, and soon Sydney is reduced to her own claws, flesh and bone. Survival has become a most tenuous proposition, and the forest looks to be her tomb.

Despite the best efforts, and her tough carapace, she is eventually blindsided. A horrid, sticky organ bursts forth from the gaping maw of a girl wearing broken goggles. Another of the scholars, twisted and broken. It hits Sydney square on the chest, and she feels small spikes come out of reddened, infecting organ. A deep, burning sensation is felt as her blood begins to drain, and the terrible disease enters her system. In her panic, she falls downward, and is caught by yet more of the creatures. Deep bites are felt in her arms, but she shakes free and runs. The creatures still chase, but slower. Soon, they stop, after an amount of time that nobody will know. Has it been hours, or minutes?
Finally, left alone, Sydney can scream and shudder from her wounds. The blood is everywhere, and her vision begins to blur as her fluids blacken. She spits up more blood, but the pain begins to fade. She feels a terrible squirming in her gut, as if insects are spreading themselves under her carapace. She coughs a few more times, before her visions turns completely black.
The plague wins out.

Sydney has been lost.

PERSPECTIVE SWITCH
Sydney is not lost forever. Her efforts have allowed all of her companions to be safe and sound in the inn. All the scholars, other than the dwarf with the drum and the excited girl with the goggles, are in there and safe. A cure may yet be found, but time is of the essence. It won't be long before they enter the town again, thirsting for blood.
Perhaps, now with a queen to lead them.

Eveline
A capable alchemist, re-united with her ingredients and with copious knowledge of the human body may yet be able to find a cure. But stress is eating away at her, and she is the only one who performs alchemy.

Meandra
A likeable Floramancer, capable of performing all sorts of plant-based magic. Her most impressive ability will be to unite the scholars, and lead them towards a breakthrough using encouragement and a tinge of personal panic. But it won't be easy to unite all of them with just encouragements.

Yunikki
A sinful bandit, elevated to a more common purpose thanks to the efforts of her new friend. She will be in charge of the defense, and her aggressive style will force scholars to work together. But can she handle defending and leading at the same time?

Wildfellow
An enigmatic changeling, able to transform into almost anything that could be called "human". She is terrified, but a survivalist through and through. She knows the value of working together, and will force them to work together in a mix of encouragement and forcefulness. But she must control her own fear, and even she does not know what she can and cannot do.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 01:46:02 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: July 02, 2017, 07:39:52 pm »

*squee*

I've been spending almost all of my free time playing Darkest Dungeon since the Crimson Court DLC came out. I'm having a serious nerdgasm here.

Yunikki
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: July 02, 2017, 08:10:16 pm »

* RAM agrees, Yunikki could use some more camera time!

Although Eveline might be the metagaming choice, we can probably calm her down more effectively from her own perspective. And I love what 'Spleens has done with Wildfellow, but wearing her as a perspective? Although it would be a good opportunity to add her as a permanent member of the team...

But no, Yunikki has earned her perspective time!

And I was really hoping that plan would work...

P.S.
 I know of Darkest Dungeon, and know a little about it, but I am a little out of my depth here. More participants are always a good thing! hint hint hint hint... I know you are all out there, watching, lurking...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: July 02, 2017, 09:41:15 pm »

Wildfellow
This probably won't get chosen anyway.
Imagine being a changeling and impersonating people!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: July 03, 2017, 02:05:20 pm »

Yunikki chosen.

This is absolutely fucked! Sydney still hasn't returned and these magical morons don't know the first thing about survival! They've actually spent more time arguing about how they let multiple members get infected than actually trying to come up with a cure! Damned inbred highborns... No matter the culture, High Power users are full of paradoxical retards, it seems. In this godforsaken land AND in your hometown. Although you don't understand how people could have survived this long if the country is this full of nightmares. Even your dreams aren't filled with this type of horror, and they get pretty god-damned surreal.
You shake your head, and get back to the task at hand. If nothing else, their barricade is sufficient enough. The windows are boarded up, and two scholars are adding a magical shield. Or they were, at least. Currently, they're taking a break as the only actually ACTIVE member of this whole place distracted the bunch. Now, of course, it's all up to you...
Time to take charge.

Starting with the kobolt, you slap the back of her head. Sure enough, that seems to wake her the hell up!
Listen up! Sydney still isn't back, and I don't think she will. So how about you get over it and get to fucking work!
W-what? I...
Shut the fuck up, and get to damn work! You know how to make potions, you get to make a damned cure.
A-a cure!? But... I-i need things for that. Many things. A-and we can't possibly inject them all!
Then do it for Sydney's sake! I don't care about the rest of these people, but I won't let the boss down like this! I'll see peace even if I have to murder each and every single one of these bastards with my own bare hands!
T-that's horrible!
It's survival! Now shut up, go get your little case of bubbly bullshit, and GET. WORKING!
The kobolt looks at you, clearly insulted. But she gets up and finally goes to her room. She quickly returns with her alchemical case. You never much trusted these things back in your home country, where every damn medicine was just based on opium. They know their stuff here, though, based on those transfusion potions you saw. It helps that anybody can be an alchemist. No need to be some damned noble with a fancy bit of paper. Well, whatever.
Madotsuki? I'll need some things if I want to even come close to finding a proper cure. And you're not going to like it.
Stop beating around the bush.
F-fine! I need a quarter liter of infected blood to study, and a flesh sample. On top of that, i need some of the bugs on the buildings outside, they seem to be unaffected for now and that might bring me to a breakthrough.
Fine. I'll look into it. Now excuse me, I need to get some morons to work together

You unsheathe your sword, and slam the pommel on a table while you shout Oy oy! The commotion seems to die down immediately, and they all look at you.
Which one of you idiots figures himself the leader here?
The old geezer that Meandra keeps hanging about is the one to step forward. You don't waste any time, and backhand him into the ground.
That debate settled? I'm taking over! Now tell me, have any of you idiots even TRIED to do anything resembeling a cure!?
The old man is the first to sputter some excuses.
O-of course we have. It's just that right now there are three different approaches, and we were still deciding on what would be best!
And these options are?
Well, MY proposal was using a gas, while my associate over there wishes to use a liquid. Wildfellow over there wants us to use a bolt, clearly forgetting that this would be wildly ineffective considering the limited mana resour-
That's just how you're going to spread it! What about the actual CURE?
Uh... We... Damned. We have't even started! Panic fills his withered old face and he tightly grasps his beard. Tittering old fool...
Well, get to fucking work! What are you going to need?
W-we need a test subject, of course. P-preferably... Somebody that is turning as we watch. We can make a cage and- Meandra interjects.
Master! You can't seriously ask somebody to INFECT themselves with this plague!
I-it would improve results, Meandra. We need to look past ethics, this is for our survival!
Well, fuck that! I'm gonna need every person available to help the defense. I figure we don't have long before those creatures return!
Then we just need a single captive, I suppose. But that would require us to open our barricade and that's simply too risky!
Ugh! I'll look into it. For now, just... Get to work, alright!?

You have a bit of time before the monsters return. The Inn is defended well enough, but it's little more than planks and a mana shield. Both are finite, and the upstairs rooms are undefended. You could climb in through the window, after all...

Fortify the Inn!
Above all, these people need time. You need to give it to them!

Hunt for ingredients.
Your armor will keep you safe enough, and Eveline is a more likely bet than these High Power morons. While the horde isn't here yet, you can find a straggler to deal with. You only need blood and a piece of him. Easy enough.

Hunt for a test subject.
It will be difficult, and you have no way to keep the creature anywhere. But still, if you find a straggler, that problem's out of the way...

Other
Yunikki is not a very original person. She cannot deviate far from the given options.

Stats
Equipment
Skills
Neat stuff I do:

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: July 03, 2017, 04:34:29 pm »

Uh...

Ingredients, I guess?
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: July 03, 2017, 04:34:54 pm »

The ogre can probably get a test subject as well as anyone. Fortification... Meandra does plants? can she use those? See if we can get some of Eveline's firejars or something that smells? Well need a jar for the bugs too. This latest group of monsters seem particularly fanatical but they might hesitate to run through a fire...

Be the hunter! Seek the ingredient!

P.S.
 *sighs* I broke down and decided to vote for my O.C., but I got to the thread and it had already updated. It is for the best, I am sure, but my emo soul is invigorated none-the-less...
Read the First Post!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #744 on: July 03, 2017, 08:02:38 pm »

Below average corpse cutting. WTH is average.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: July 05, 2017, 04:58:29 pm »

Well, you know that the High Power users are questionable at best when it comes to results. It'd be better to place your trust in somebody you KNOW is competent, even if she is a bundle of nerves at the moment. Of course, that does mean you need to go out THERE. Still, thanks to the boss, you should be able to just grab a straggler and move. If there are any left... You wonder if the ogre is fine. You kind of hope so, you ended up liking the big lug with his coin-tusk. Eveline doesn't look too stoked about you going out there for her ingredients, but if it means finding a cure for her childhood fear, she's all for it. She gives you a few items to help you. One is a massive syringe, to collect the blood, and the other is a large jar that looked like it was used for keeping conserves. Strawberry, guessing from the smell. That's the one fruit you're glad to have discovered when you came to this land. Sure beats the hell out of rice. Before you leave, however, you ask around for a few reinforcements. Eveline has placed her remaining Hi Bakudan (firebomb is a way too simple name for the number one city defense weapon around, you'd have loved to be assigned as one of those instead of an armor division.) on a table, ready for throwing when the need arises. She had a decent stockpile of the things, and you're still kind of impressed she knows how to make them so easily. She also says that any alcohol around can be used to make more, though she needs to mix it with oil to have a decent effect. The Inn has a decent wine cellar, so the survivors quickly get to work. You let them do their job, while you do yours. The fortification around the door is a haphazard pile of furniture and some planks nailing the door shut. Fortunately, you have a way out through the upper windows, which you will likely have to fortify in some way. There's only two, and they're the most expensive rooms in the inn, so it shouldn't be too hard. Perhaps you can just block the doors with the bed? It'll take some lifting...

Regardless, you are soon back at street level, after a quick hop. It's not too high up, but you left a bed-sheet rope to get back up. The difference between the tenuous comfort in the inn and the bloody ruins of the street is enough to make you break out in goosebumps. The smell is awful, and there's blood and teeth all over the damned place. Chunks of meat are also available, but you can't use that as an ingredient for Eveline. No real way to tell if that actually came from an infected. You kick it aside, disinterested. You hope the boss' distraction wasn't TOO good. You head to the left, to where she led them. Most likely, there will have been one or two that couldn't keep up, or got hit by the stampede of angry infected feet. You can't help but laugh at the image. Sure enough, there are plenty of footprints in the dirt and mud, and it doesn't take long before you see you target. Two infected that seem to be grinding their teeth on a rabbit carcass. There's nothing left, and their shredded clothing is discolored from the blood. Messy eaters, that's for sure...

As always, they freeze up when they spot you, giving you just enough time to run forward and slam your bastard sword down in the shoulder of the closest one. You slice down all the way to the middle of his chest, unfortunately leaving your sword lodged in there. You are tackled to the ground by the second one, and you lose your grip on your sword. If it wasn't for your armor, you'd be dead already. Fortunately, you're quite used to that idea. You grab him by his waist, and twist it around. Now you're on top, and you start wailing on his little head with your armored fists. The guy keeps clawing at your armor, and you need to make sure you don't ram your fist against those sharp spikes in their mouth, but he soon goes limp. A little winded, you stand up and stomp his skull in for good measure. He looked to be already dead, but double taps are a must when fighting this kind of threat. You remove your sword from the first infected you killed, and then you get to work gathering your supplies. You cut off an arm with a few hacks from your sword, and you gather up your blood with the syringe. It was as easy as you expected, ultimately. Well, almost. You still need to look into getting some bugs...
You don't like that idea, but you take a deep breath and open the pot before heading closer to the buzzing from the buildings. They awaken soon enough, not quite fazed from your size, and they soon surround you. The buzzing is horrible, the noise alone enough to make your ears hurt. The constant whine would drive you mad if you remained for long. You wave the pot around in a panic, and rush back from the building. Some of the creatures have entered your helmet, and you rip it off with your remaining hand. The bugs fly away to rejoin their brethren on the walls. You don't think you got stung, but your heart is trying to dig it's way out of your chest either way. Fortunately, you DID catch a few bugs.

On your run back to the inn, your fresh ingredients hanging off your hip, you catch sight of a friend. Thogg is still hiding in an alleyway, somewhat poorly at that. He seems to be looking around nervously. You're about to call to him when you hear a familial voice not too far behind you.
FIND THE BLOODBAGS! FEED YOUR QUEEN!
It sounds a hell of a lot like Sydney. It sounds raspy and guttural, but her voice is unmistakable. She fancies herself a queen, eh? Fucking Arachne's... Still, that means you may not make it back to the inn in time! Unless...

Call out to Thogg, and redirect him.
The big lug's likely to be eaten whole, and that will give you enough time to not only get back, but to fortify!

Run as hard as you can!
You like the damn Oni. He doesn't deserve getting eaten like that... But what about YOU? You should be able to get back, but there will be no additional defence. Not to mention, the upper windows are still undefended!

Take Thogg with you
He won't be able to enter, but perhaps he can keep some of them away from the inn for a while. Of course, if he's fighting rather than running, he'll likely succumb to infection.
 You're pretty damn sure you don't want to deal with a plagued oni.

Stats
Equipment
Skills
Neat stuff I do:

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: July 05, 2017, 09:49:44 pm »

Option one, He has stone hard skin, he can probably take a few bites before someone gets through...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: July 06, 2017, 04:48:41 am »

Sign me up for team coward. I will pitch-in a half-hearted vote for taking Thogg with. It is probably our best chance to get a live one and he can help us into the building then maybe run away? Waawaawaa, I don't wanna kill the oni!

Then again, Yunikki probably has the sense to realise that this is a rather dire situation...
Read the First Post!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: July 06, 2017, 06:44:06 am »

I admittedly check this game only occasionally and every time Sydney has found new troubles. What a trouble magnet she is...
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: July 06, 2017, 01:32:59 pm »

That basement abomination only wanted to kill us all a little bit, and turned out to be quite civil...
Thread can haz tiebreaker?
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 216