Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 186012 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #705 on: June 13, 2017, 11:07:30 pm »

That seems as though it would upset people. Which is very unfortunate because it looks like a really really splendidly fantastic idea given how suspicious our expert was of that wagon, and how these things seem to spread like an infection...

Bestto check our injuries for signs of infection... Does our soul look wonky?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: June 13, 2017, 11:27:47 pm »

If every piece acted with autonomy, perhaps mimic souls actually look like several smaller souls?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: June 14, 2017, 01:51:55 am »

I'm getting strong "The Thing" vibes here. Perhaps old fashioned blood and hot copper test is warranted? Or fire and hair?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: June 15, 2017, 05:44:58 pm »

Right... EVERYBODY MAKE SOME DISTANCE! I WANT TO SEE AT LEAST THREE METERS BETWEEN EACH OF YOU!
The caravan people quickly comply. They seem to be terrified out of their wits, and many are crying already. They just lost a family member, after all. Or something that looked and acted like him at least. You don't know how mimics work, but as a precaution, you take a look at the few wounds you suffered. Nothing seems to be happening, at least, though you do get really nervous about the possibility of being eaten alive and replaced. Maybe you're already a mimic, but even you don't know. A perfect copy that doesn't even know it's a copy. Good god.... As you're getting ready to have a nervous breakdown, the dwarf taps you on the side.
Ey, don't worry about that infection myth. Mimics just eat the original and take on the shape.... Though I rarely heard about human mimcs before. Figured they were just talk, fairy-tales... Stones below, what a nightmare.
What do mimics look like before they eat something?
Ya know, it's a bit of a mystery. The general guess is that it's like a slime, and they split like 'em. That's why they try and get as much mass as possible, so they can split and make more of the damned things.
Right, so... We can assume that none of us are mimics, right?
I know we're safe, as is that kobolt girl. They wouldn't attack their own, I think... We need to get the scholars in line, too.
Take care of that while I deal with the caravaneers. I've got an idea to test.

The dwarf begins getting people to split apart in the same way as the caravaneers, with much sounds of disgruntlement. Still, nobody makes a real resistance movement. Eveline shakily hands you a few firebombs, and warns you that making a mistake is not an option, in the slightest. Fire is a horrible way to go. You assure her that nothing will go wrong. Your own doubts remain unsaid, more for your sake than hers. As the dwarf and Eveline keep a watchful eye, you begin your experimentation. Your going to move the dead tissue, in this case hair, to find which of these bastards are mimics. You start out with the one most to the left. A terrified elderly grandmother, using a cane to stand. She's looking around nervously, sweating bullets. With a little pull, you make her hair move just a tad. She doesn't even notice, but you're glad you don't have to see a grandmother split open and reveal the darkest secrets of human anatomy. today, at least. Next up, a young woman, seemingly in her teens. Dark hair, dark eyes, brown skin. Must be from the east. Most of these people are a bit like that, though there's people of all types. You pull her long hair without issue. Another relief. The next one, the woman that yelled first when the mimic attacked you. The one that identified him as "John". She looks more angry than scared, though you suspect it's a coping mechanism. You can see her eyes twinkle a little from the torchlight. She's holding in her tears, and kind of badly. You attempt a pull. Nothing...

You feel the blood drain from your face, and the woman can see that. She manages to form a snarl just before the bomb explodes against her chest. Soon she is running around, flailing her arms and screeching an inhuman sound. Horribly, it stretches the human form, giving it long spindly limbs just before expiring. Eveline dumps some material over the body to help it burn to proper ashes. It makes people a lot more nervous, to say the least, but the scholars keep them in place using whatever magic they have. Meandra is an exceptional help with her vine walls, though it's a shame about the floor. You've still got twelve more to go...
A mother of two children. Clean.
Child number one, clean.
Child number two... bald. Completely void of hair. You can't risk looking for anything else, as you can't reveal HOW you're finding them out. God-damn it... Eventually, you decide to just skip him for now. You call out a "clean!", but you make a mental note to check personally.
The father of the two children, clean. You hope you don't have to end a family like that. Not to mention, throwing a bomb towards a child, mimic or not, is not something you'll be able to forget.
Next up, a young couple. Both clean.
Their kid...
Oh no.

You wipe the tears from your eyes as the wailing continues in the background. Your heart is pounding and you feel like you're going to crack your teeth from clenching them. This one just squirmed in agony, twisting itself apart to get away from the flames. It sounded so much like the child it was imitating... You leave the family to their grief.
They're not worth your tears. You did them a favor! They can just make another...
Shut. The fuck. Up. You whisper through clenched teeth and sobbing breaths. You shake your head, and find your resolve to continue.
The leader of the group is clean. He doesn't look at you, but he tells you to get it over with so he can get to helping the families. He isn't opposed to your actions, but...
The next one is the mother of the leader. She's the oldest lady you've ever seen, looking more like a shriveled prune than a person. She's staring at you with some intense eyes. You sniff in disdain. You're not enjoying this EITHER, lady...
Although it should have been clear why she would take exception to this. She turned out to be VERY fast for something so old and wrinkled, and you've got a burn to show for it. It's nothing major, fortunately. Your breathing is deep, and you feel a bit light-headed, but you finally reached the last three. One of them is their animal handler. He's clean.
Now the last two.

As you walk closer to perform the inspection, they look at each-other just before rushing you in a silent agreement. You pull our your sword and yell at them to get back, but when one of them splits open like a fleshy flower, covered in teeth, blood and spittle, you come to the conclusion that this is just a final, desperate attempt. You throw one bomb right into the open cavity that is the chest, but the untransformed one is still charging. You slam your sword down in the shoulder, but it opens up the body willingly to cause your blade to be stuck in there. Before anything bad can happen, however, an earshatteringly loud BANG echoes through the chamber. The creature lies dead before you, burnt to a crisp in an instant. Richard has fired one of his unique lightning blasts at the abomination.  There's a distinct smell of pork, though it doesn't really make you that hungry.
Speak for yourself. Oh wait, you are!
You don't really appreciate the little joke, but at least you took care of all the mimics in the caravan group. Well, almost. You call the little bald boy to you as you remove the sword from the burnt creature. It has some discoloration from the heat, but should still be fine. You grab the boy by the hand, rougher than you intended, and pull on the nail. When the child starts crying and the finger begins to move, you let go. The family cries out in relief as the boy returns to them, and you tell them to go and deal with this fallout while you deal with your own group.

Fortunately, you haven't been with mimics long enough to have anybody be assimilated. You suspected as such, but the check was only fair. Now there's only one thing remaining to check. You grab a torch, and hold it against the cart that started this nightmare. As the wood blackens and cinders start to form, you figure the wagon is clean, ultimately. The dwarf admits he was looking for anything that wasn't organic, and that this was more of a hunch. He looked inside earlier, and found it to be full of merchandise to sell. HEAVY merchandise, making the sounds a little odd. Also of note, his drum isn't "reacting" anymore. Apparently, it's a mild burning sensation to the hands that indicated there are mimics nearby, and he's not feeling anything.
Mimic-free. What a fucking adventure.

Leave immeadiatly
Nobody's getting any more sleep tonight. It would be best to pack up and move on.

Help the caravaneers cope
Nobody deserves this kind of things happening to them. You should do what you can to help them. And maybe yourself.

Let her out.
You're keeping up a tough face, but you're close to having a breakdown after burning all those creatures. Maybe she should have a spin while you... recuperate.

Other

Stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Inventory

Party

Magic, skills and minions
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: June 15, 2017, 06:04:26 pm »

I really, really doubt that letting the Queen out will help in this situation.

My vote's for leaving.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: June 15, 2017, 09:04:48 pm »

Well, Queen is... Fun!... We could most certainly find the bright side of the situation and could probably throw a celebration in honour of our having recued everyone!

But I think that we could use a bit of training to control ourselves. Definitely don't shange until proving that it is our choice. Finish packing our bag first, by then maybe it won't seem so bad...

And yes, leave. Helping them feels right, but we don't know them, we don't know what they've lost, and for all that we helped, they were badly damaged by magical creatures, they may not be as comfortable with our species as most people are...

I wonder if they were heading towards our village...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: June 17, 2017, 05:07:15 pm »

Packing your bags proves to be a bit more harrowing than you predicted it would be. You spend more time looking at your hands than actually packing your bags, and you swear you can still hear the echoes of the damned things in your head. You take a few deep breaths, and pack with shaking fingers. You're a bit rougher than you should be, and if it wasn't for your carapace you'd have squeezed your fist so hard enough to bleed. they may have been monsters, but they looked far too human for comfort. Not to mention that you tore apart some families. You leaving is more for their sake than yours, ultimately. Your bag is packed, eventually, but it's still a while before the rest finishes packing up their tents and whatever else they have lying around. The dwarf is busy trying to console the caravaneers. He seems experiences, based on his patience while they shout at him. Might be that he meets this kind of situation more often. Makes you wonder why he even needed you if he's experienced. You shake your head and dispel the thought.

Suddenly, you feel a sharp pain against the back of you head. You turn around, your face a snarl of fury as you remove your sword. You see a crying child, the sister to the bald boy. She's holding another rock in her other hand, but she seems to have frozen up. You walk up to her, barely even thinking about how it looks. Before you can get much closer, Eveline suddenly jumps inbetween the two of you. She starts talking, her voice cracking a bit.
H-hey! How about we split apart and go to our respective camps! Won't that be a wonderful idea. Say, Sydney, we should have a little talk between the two of us, don't you think?
You look down at the little creature, your eyes still narrowed from your approach to the little bastard that threw the rock. You think you feel some blood leaking down your neck, but you grit your teeth and follow Eveline to her alchemy spot. She split herself off to perform some experiments on the mushrooms from the sewer trip. She used a facemask, but from what you can tell, there was no trouble with any toxins.
Alright... What did you want to talk about?
To be honest? Nothing. I just didn't want to see a child get eaten by a drider, today.
Your heart feels like it just got stabbed. Your mouth falls open as you fully process that accusation.
...Look, I'm exaggerating. But you looked ready to kill that kid when you were walking. Face in shadow, all your eyes looking at her... I've been around you long enough to know when you're ready to potentially do something a bit excessive. You're really stressed out right now, I get that. Fire is effective, but the mental repercussions... I still wake up in cold sweats from what I've done sometimes.
It's hard to see you throwing it at anything you'd regret.
Who said I felt regret? No. The bastards deserved it. Her voice and face take on a much darker and colder tone than you ever saw her in. She doesn't seem quite as fluffy as you're used to, and her eyes...
It's enough to give you the chills.

Do you want to talk about it?
Eveline closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. She holds it for a while before sighing.No. Not now, at least. When we're a bit more private, i think i might. I figure you must be getting a bit curious, at this point. Anyhow, help me pack this stuff up, There's a lot of beakers...
After Eveline finally manages to finish packing, the rest of the group is ready to go. Nobody wants to stay in this place any longer than needed. The night's air is cold, but the fainest hint of morning are already there. The sky is growing just that little bit brighter as the start begin to disappear. After a little bit of walking, the sun rises. It's a calming sight after a night like that. It also manages to return a little bit of liveliness in the party. People weren't too willing to talk before that, and the bard begins to sing a song of the great black knight, who never backed down even when injured beyond any reasonable amount. Surprisingly, he spoke more of the person than his equipment, for once. It's actually hilarious, though you feel like it's referencing something that is an almost faux pas in a fantasy universe such as the one you live in. You shake the thought from your mind. "Fantasy universe". Right, like the ones where metal birds fly and humans evolved from monkeys? Ridiculous...

Talk to somebody
These scholars are plenty interesting. Maybe you should have a chat with one of the ones you saw before?

Meet someone new.
You haven't noticed that person before. Strange, considering they seem quite interesting...

Walk alone.
Maybe we can have a little chat? Self-discovery is always nice...

Other

Stats

Inventory

Party

Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: June 17, 2017, 05:25:44 pm »

Walk alone I think we can agree that eating the child would have been a thing to regret. There is some small chance that she may, someday, regret throwing that rock, and it would have caused a fight that would have caused all sorts of problems between us and our companions. So let's thank ourselves for not being overly insistent about retribution.

On the other hand, I defer to meeting someone new if anyone actually has someone in mind for meeting...
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: June 19, 2017, 05:18:50 pm »

There's really no shame in almost losing your temper, you know. Throwing a rock is a serious offence!
Was it you?
I'm shocked you would even imply it! No. I don't affect you as much as you'd like to tell yourself. That was aaaaallll you~.
Don't feel so pleased with yourself. It was just a lapse, I was under stress.
A lapse implies you're keeping it under wraps. How long have you been keeping in your anger? Was that the stone that almost broke the camel's back?
Shut it. I haven't been keeping in my rage like some moody teenager. I have come to terms with this when I was fourteen. Some people are just going to distrusts the big scary spider lady. Whatever.
You're only sixteen, honey. Not exactly the high point of maturity, no matter what our customs say. You know damn well that marriage shouldn't happen at the age of twelve. Hell, most other people know already. But those courts love their political marriages and so that remains. Everybody's always bending over for something, so why should you bend to some gypsies?
What the hell are you talking about? We were talking about maturity, and now it's a power thing?
Don't change the subject!
You just did!
I'm telling you to stand up for yourself more, girl! You're a natural leader, stronger than three men together, unshakeable... And you still waste your time wandering around! Why do you even want to go to the tower? Is it because it was mentioned? did you figure that's just where fate is going to take you next either way?
 It's not that simple. Make your own choices!

And what would you have me do? you say in amusement. Wander off into the forest and form a bandit gang? You've got a very juvenile idea of "power", Queenie.
I... Fine. Have it your way! Go to the tower, maybe you will find a purpose there? I doubt it tho-
I'm going there to learn magic. And to meet some new people...

Your chatty delusion seems to shut up after that. You realize you've just spent most of your time talking to yourself about nothing. It does raise an interesting point, however. Maybe you are a bit too easily swayed towards the violent option when you're stressed. Maybe you should look into getting better at that in some way. Suppressing your base instincts is what separates sentient from beast, after all. Perhaps that would be something to look into when you reach the tower? There should be a town there... Either way, the wizards are still excitedly talking about making a circle of identification. They're throwing all sorts of things at eachother, none of which you understand. From what you can tell, they brought a lot of ritual ingredients. Most of them aren't that great, based on the reactions, but you wouldn't know. Eventually, you are joined by Yunikki.
Eesh... Wizards and all their fancy words. It was hard enough to learn common, why do they have to mix it with a bunch of other languages. Can't they just call that thing an egg instead of a "ves-tic-ula-ri-um"
Don't think that's a word.
Oy, kutabare! Doudemo ii... she says, with strange inflections. It sound like a different language entirely. Still, based on the tone...
Did you just tell me to fuck off?
Hah, I suppose anger is a universal translator.
Odd language you've got...
We use different symbols for our writing, too. I still haven't quite figured out your letters properly, I'll be honest.
Huh... Say, how long have you been here, anyway?
Quite a while. I'd say a couple years or so? It doesn't matter, really. I'm not too proud of the recent years, after all.
And now? How do you feel now?
I just helped save a town from an evil cult, AND i got to play the superior to a bunch of guards. That's pretty much what I thought i'd be doing when I was still young. Of course, things didn't quite end up that way.
You wring your hand a little bit when you reach the next question. You're interested in how she handles it.How do you deal with... Well. The things you did before that. Killing and robbing people?
Eh. I was hungry and desperate, they were fat and well-off. If they got unlucky enough to cross my path, then that's their problem.
Not the answer you were expecting. You're at a loss of what to even say to that, but eventually manage to ask if she really doesn't care about the lives she took.
Look at it like this. I already lost every bit of honor I had when I ran away and came here. So nothing will come of it if I do these things. I'm going to the underworld no matter what I do. Might as well make it easy on myself while I'm here.
That's... kind of selfish.
Everybody's out for themselves, boss

The conversation stops when you reach something interesting. The group collectively stops to look at it. For some reason, somebody has built a rickety wooden bridge in the middle of the path. It doesn't help you cross anything, and it looks very ramshackle at best. The really interesting part is the massive figure in front of the bridge. He bears a massive sledgehammer over his shoulder, and has the same look to him as the average rock. His tusks are quite long and sharp, and there seem to be pebbles growing out of his shoulders. It's an ogre, it seems.
HALT! GIVE KRUGG TEN SHINY, OR NO PASS BRIDGE? it bellows, from quite far away.
Nobody seems exceptionally impressed.

Walk around the bridge
Let's avoid a conflict, shall we?

Pay the ogre
Let's humor the dimwitted sod, shall we?

Talk to the ogre
This should be funny, of nothing else.

Fight!
Burn, maim, kill, destroy, etc... Ogres are really tough, however.

Other

Stats

Inventory

Party

Neat stuff I do:

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: June 19, 2017, 05:33:19 pm »

Lets Let "The Queen" out to Talk with it, She should be good at dealing with stupid creatures. since Dominating people is in our jeans, metaphorically.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: June 19, 2017, 05:58:12 pm »

...just pay the dude and be done with it.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: June 19, 2017, 06:04:40 pm »

* RAM acquires popcorn.
Read the First Post!

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: June 20, 2017, 02:01:32 am »

Let Queenie do the talking.

I wonder if we should make it a habit to warn our companions before slipping into "tough mode".

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: June 20, 2017, 05:41:10 pm »

So,uh, I'm not fighting that thing. That's a rule in my homeland, don't EVER tussle with the oni. Yunikki says. You have no idea what an oni is.
We're not fighting that thing regardless. We're just going to go around. The ogre just heard of the concept of a bridge troll and took it on. They're like that. We can just walk next to the bridge. Richard states.
I don't like the look o' that club, though. Sledgehammers don't come in that size, he might be workin' with someone. Our mimic-hating dwarfy friend says. He's just a suspicious man in general, apparently.
Actually, I saw somebody use those things with telekinesis. It's good for mining or breaking... Never saw anything use it as a club before, though. Eveline adds. Boy, everybody wants to be heard today...
Ogres are capable thieves. Or, more accurately, nobody's about to stop them if they want to take something.
How are we dealing with this? you ask.
I figure we should pay him. We can get 10 shiny coins together, I figure? If nothing else, i think some of my bottles are shiny... I, uh, don't have any money on me, though.
I can pay for it, but we can also just... not use the bridge. For all intents and purposes, it's just planks put over the road.
I'm kind of impressed by the handrail, though. He really put his heart into it. Meandra says, without a hint of sarcasm. She is right though, the handrail looks quite well done. The ogre is patiently waiting there for everybody to stop talking. He drops his hammer to lean on it for a while as he looks at the rest of you with a smile. Now there's a creature that loves it's job, even if it is a stupid one.
There's an idea... Say, wouldn't it be lovely if we had a friend with us? I know I can convince him.
You know you shouldn't, but on the other hand...

Guys, I'm going to do something really freaky. So, uh, don't freak out. But if nothing else, it'll allow us to get past this guy without any of you getting into trouble. Just stay here, if you please?
What are you planning?
You'll see
That doesn't answer the question! She says, as you're already walking closer to the ogre. There's still quite a distance between you and the ogre, and you make the switch during that short walk. It's a strangely exhilarating experience to feel Sydney's carapace pop, crack and expand all at once. She gains claws, thicker armor, sharper stinger... The switch is drastic enough for people to notice, and Sydney hears an audible cringe from behind her as they prattle a bit about the sudden change. Sydney don't care. Sydney got places to be. Sydney got things to do. Like this ogre, for instance. When you come close, he yells again. No inside voice at all, then.
HELLO LEGS. YOU BRING SHINY FOR SHOGG? his voice is surprisingly calm. Apart from the volume, he doesn't mean anything bad. He's still casually leaning on the massive hammer.
Hm. I bring something far more lucrative.
SHOGG NOT UNDERSTAND. SHOGG SORRY.
I mean that you can do better than getting ten gold from people on the road.
SHOGG FIND BEST BUSINESS MODEL COME FROM LOW PRICE, OR ELSE ADVENTURER COME AND ATTACK. SHOGG PREFER SAFE BUSINESS MODEL OVER SIMPLISTIC DEMAND FOR ALL SHINY. IT CAREFUL BALANCE IN FUNNY ENCOUNTER OR DANGEROUS ENCOUNTER, AND SECOND THING BAD FOR SHOGG. ATTRACTS BAD-SHINY PEOPLE
How about a different job, then?
DIFFERENT?
If you were to follow me, I can guarantee you'll get far more out of it. Not immeadiatly, but most certainly far more than what you would get over shaking down passers-by.
SHOGG NOT FOLLOW ANYBODY. YOU THINK YOU WORTH MORE BECAUSE MORE LEGS? BECAUSE SHOGG NO CARE.
It's hardly a request, Shogg. I can MAKE you follow me. It's just that, if you do so willingly, you'll be far better off.
THREATS BIG DEAL HERE, LEGS! SHOGG NOT TAKE BRIGHTLY! His voice gains a slight anger to it as he puts his hammer in a better position.

He's just that bit too slow about it, however. Before he can properly swing it up a bit, Sydney already jumped on his waist and began climbing up. In his surprise, he drops the hammer, which gives Sydney enough time to climb up just a bit further and grab his left tusk. This time, Sydney is the one to shout, caressing his cheek with her clawed hands.
ARE YOU GETTING IT NOW, YOU STUPID BITCH? She sticks her tongue after her talk, drool dripping off the sharp tongue. The ogre is paralyzed with fear, but eventually manages to speak.
Please no break Shogg's tooth.
Sydney laughs shortly, her heart nearly beating out of her chest from the adrenaline. She pulls a little bit, making the ogre yell in pain, but not enough to damage the tusk.
You know what I want. You know what I can do. Do. you. understand?
THOGG LET PASS. THOGG LET PASS! PLEASE JUST LEAVE THOGG ALONE!
I want more than that, you imbecile! Follow me, and I'll even consider giving you your money. I'll make you great, you dull creature!
THOGG SCARED!
LISTEN TO ME! You will fall to your knee, and SWEAR to me. Do you understand!? DO YOU UNDERSTAND, YOU PATHETIC CREATURE?
T-THOGG NOT LISTENING. THOGG JUST WANT TO BE ALONE!

*Crack*

The ogre's cries echo throughout the forest, scaring several birds and one bandit, who falls out of his tree. The ogre falls on his behind, and Sydney has already grasped the other tusk.
Another chance, Thogg, I'd suggest you take it!
AAH, THOGG TAKE. THOGG TAKE! PLEASE NO MORE PAIN!
He slams down on his knees, and mumbles something resembling a promise to serve Sydney. He's too scared to properly pronounce anything, but it's good enough.
Good... Now follow me. Let's start by fixing that wound, shall we?
Sydney jumps down, making a bit of a tough landing. It's still quite a drop, after all. She scoops up some dirt as the ogre starts to cry a little at the events that happened. It's kind of a traumatizing experience for the poor guy. Thogg flinches when Sydney jumps back on him, but stops shaking when she slaps some dirt over the bleeding remnant of the tusk. Some energy flows through it, and soon the hole is clean and filled again. It's a perfectly smooth bit of tush where the hole was, and the pain seems to have stopped.
There... Aren't thing much easier when you just comply and follow your betters? There, there... Sydney states, with an almost motherly tone. She strokes the Ogre's head, and he quickly manages to compose himself. He touches the remnant of his tusk, healed as it is. He seems amazed.
T-Thogg follow. Thank you for magic!
Good... Let's meet up with your new friends, shall we? Don't worry, they're far weaker than I am. No need to fear them.

Sydneys returns to the group, who all look at you with a mixture of shock, amazement and partial confusion.
That was kind of messed up.
Is that thing really just on our side now?
I can't believe you just broke the poor beast's tusk!
THOGG SAYS HELLO. THOGG PROTECT NOW, BOSS SAY SO.
Sydney didn't even have to say it, and the creature already understands. He's a bit smarter than she gave him credit for...

Let the minion do as he likes.
After that little experience, he should get some trust in people. He probably won't do anything bad, considering he doesn't really mean anybody any harm.

Set the rules!
This thing needs to know what's up.

Be nice
Give it something shiny, so it knows it made the right choice. In time, he'll be something exceptional...

Switch back.
You will usually be in control. So it's probably best if the queen were to chill for a while so the ogre can learn how to deal with how you normally are. Of course, you'd better have something planned other than "switch back".

Other

Stats

Inventory

Party

Fuck me, this was a long edgy update.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 05:55:56 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: June 20, 2017, 06:04:31 pm »

I vote for Be nice but there should be some rules offered too., Nothing too involved but a few of the basic principals of keeping the civilised folk from forming mobs and keeping your drider overlord happy.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 216