Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 185025 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #510 on: March 22, 2017, 08:39:07 am »

I have a sudden urge to play "refuge in audacity" and walk up to the mansion in bad disguises and walk right in as though we are all members and start asking asking about how the project to assassinate the drider went and talking about how great it will be once the gestating god's abominations move in. By bad disguises I mean tying a pair of trousers to our front with shoes tied to the end of them. And tying a pair of wooden human-ears to Eveline. And then wearing matching "this is a human" shirts.

Actually, that is my vote for next action until I regain sanity, which I currently have no estimate of.
Do not do that.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 22, 2017, 05:55:37 pm »

Searching for sanity.exe...
Sanity.exe not found, listing all files...
Hamsterdance.gif
Hamsterdance.wav
Looping Hamsterdance.wav... ... ...

Once again, voting against the only suggestion is not likely to achieve anything.

It isn't that bad anyway. Just walk up to the front door, if someone is guarding it then just be all like "Oh, finally back here safely. Did you hear about the little guy? He attacked some terrible spider and the guards caught him, but then one of the people he was working with made his head explode. Just POP! burst all over the street. Scary stuff..." while slowly sidling around so that you are past them when you finish and can just skitter in...

Then someone looks at you and says "drider" and you are all "Ugh, I know, one of those filthy things has moved in and started polluting the markets. Did you know that the count keeps one as an adviser? I was simply scandalised when I found out. I thought this was a good human city but if the count keeps that sort of company, I think I might have to leave. I heard there is some nice weather to the south..."

Then just skitter right into the middle of the largest room, stand on something, bang some heavy metal together, and be all like "Hello everyone! I lknow I've never been the most outspoken member but I found out something really important. There are these cultist guys from that gestating god thing and they've been sniffing around us lately, some of you probably met them already, and I have to warn you that they are the worst people. They may look like good humans, but their god is all about transforming people. They take honest, decent, proper humans and turn them into giant monsters with exposed bones and organs hanging out and they are shaped just like pigs. That's right, they turn HUMANS into PIGS! Totally literal here. Also, they are dangerous, you know the little guy? The guards caught him, and just as they did, those cultist types killed him,made his head blow right up. I saw it myself and came here to warn you all. I know the guards don't have the right attitude, but most of them are still basically good human types and they don't like heads exploding or people turning into pigs either. I think it might be best if we went to them and tried to fix this mess up quickly. I don't want to try handling head-explosion magic by myself..." and then just skitter away while they are all looking on in confusiong waiting for someone else to say something because they can't believe what just happened.

Of course, someone else could post a sane suggestion. I suspect that the author likes those...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 23, 2017, 12:45:08 am »

Mine is the only suggestion. Downvoting it does nothing. It is also worth noting that this is multiple choice, I could direct you to random dot org if you want to provide some alternative. Not that I particularly want alternatives to my brilliance, but you literally only need a random number from one to three in order to provide an alternative.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 23, 2017, 12:59:45 am »

To be clear, my post was 'think about whether we should trust a clearly nervous Kasimor or perhaps should go after him to clarify or something'.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 23, 2017, 08:43:58 am »

Find the "New Paladins"... go to their doorstep and ask if they have a problem with you.
If they do ask if they can wait for two to three weeks, at which point you will be leaving.
Casually ask if they know that the local lord has an insane drider as a jester.
Because that guy is annoying, and no amount of cloaks will change that.

When leaving - praise the door hinges.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 23, 2017, 03:21:42 pm »

We really need to inform them that graffiti to public lights to grant the appearance of a trapped fairy would be funny and fit their theme of removing magical creatures from general circulation without breaking the rather more serious assault laws.
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 23, 2017, 03:56:08 pm »

Into the Lion's Den, provided the lion was on narcotics.

Ok, no. You're not that stupid, something is clearly wrong. You follow Kasimor upstairs, and tell him to stop. He keeps a brisk pace, but you manage to catch up to him before he enters the office.
Kasimor. I can tell something's up, what is going on?
Nothing, now get moving. We don't need a cleaning job every day... It's, uh, been quiet. Nothing much.
He's still climbing the stairs, but he stops before entering the last floor. He turns to you, using the wide steps to even jump from one foot to another in a display of nervousness.
Look, something... Bad. Is happening right now, and I would rather prefer if you weren't here for it. We can handle it, but you might just aggravate the situation. It's because of your mark.
What? What the hell is going on, then!
I can't tell you! The more you know of this, the worse it might get! He speaks through clenched teeth: Now get moving.
But I... Oh fine. I need to check out a cult, anyhow.

You go downstairs, and tell them things are weird, but you need to check out a cult. Your party members decide against trying to find out what's going on, considering they have absolutely no reason to care at all about anything in this tower, ultimately. Now begins the search for the location of the "New Paladins". It takes about an hour before you manage to find a dilapidated shack with some less than impressive people on front of it. One of them is squatting and pointing his jaw at anybody who comes close. The few people that do pass the street don't seem particularly impressed, however. It's hard to be intimidated when you can use gold statues as paperweights. When your group comes closer, the people at the entrance seem to think twice about trying to look tough. One of them goes inside, while the one that was squatting on the ground gets up and tries to look as if nothing's happening.
Is this the cult of the "New Paladins"?
Uhhh, nope. Not here. Nu-uh.
Then what IS this place?
The guy seems to find some courage. He puffs up his chest and moves his loose tunic to show his three chest hairs. He still looks as if you could snap him in two, of course, but the effort counts for something. W-what's it to you, old man! His voice cracked half-way through, breaking what little effect it would have had. Alibert moves in closer, and stares him down. Somebody from that little cult attacked my daughter. They wanna kill my little girl, and they're praying to an eldritch god besides. Now give me a straight answer, or I'll see how much blood's in you.
The strong front the man was trying to keep up melts under the power of the stare. He meekly admits that, yes, this is the place with the new paladins and yes, he would like to leave now...

You slam the door open and take a look around. Mostly, it's just people lounging around a destroyed house, three of them snorting some kind of powder off of said table. The place stinks of dust and... something? It's a dank sort of smell, and you assume it has something to do with the smoke permeating the house. Still, once you enter, people fall out of their funk. Shaking their head, you can practically see the synapses in their brain firing as they try to make the connection between your lower body and your upper body. Eventually, one of them catcalls you. You smile, although your eyes don't exactly follow. You make your exasperation quite clear as you ask: Are you idiots the "new paladins"?
The most impressive looking mouth-breather, who never quite seems to close his mouth, decides to rub his two braincells together long enough to finally create something resembling thought. Uhhh.... I think they is downstairs, hot stuff. They're boring though... Want some sparkledust? It's good stuff, got it at a good price.
That stuff is really bad for you long-term. How long have you been using this stuff?
Whoah, shit! That dog talks!
...Question answered.
Whatever. Let's get to the basement.

It takes a little bit before you find the hatch to the basement. It was inside a closet, of all places. You had a bit of trouble fitting through, as you're not exactly the type of girl that can use ladders. Fortunately, the walls allow you to go down anyways. Eveline rides on your back, clutching your midriff as you go straight down. As you were able to establish earlier, she has a really strong grip. You have to walk a little further, and then you end up in a huge basement. It's absolutely massive, and surprisingly well-kept. A little damp, sure, but there are many pillars keeping it all up. Supplies are spread about the room, half-full sacks of grain and miscellaneous bits and pieces. You see a plaque on the ground, with the image of a shining shield and "New Paladins". Their slogan is, apparently, "The forgotten will bring purity". Looking at the far end of the room, you see a collection of people messing around. Some of them are practicing with wooden weapons, one of them is gesturing at a target dummy, and finally, you see five of them around a table. They are all armed, and one of them has spotted you already.
M-monster! Get ready, brothers!
All of them jump up and clumsily reach for their weapons. There are around 15 of them, all of them armed with a seemingly random collection of weaponry, ranging from daggers, swords, maces and one guy with a plain sledgehammer. They don't have much in the way of armor, but they've got you in pure numbers.

Charge!
Attack first, ask questions later.

Retreat!
No need to get injured! Get out!

Fight defensively.
Let them come to you.

Attempt to defuse the situation.
You need to talk some sense into these people. You need answers, not a fight!

Other.
If you wish to do something special during a fight, mention it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sorry about the delay. I had to spend an evening listening to people drone on about a series of history books.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 03:47:58 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 23, 2017, 05:47:05 pm »

Attempt to defuse the situation.
Specifically, Talk about how we were recently Attacked by a guy who was summoning the minions of an eldritch horror which seems rather interested in turning everyone into monster and was, Oddly enough Connected with people who think the people who are wanted dead by prestated Horror for Fighting against it are monsters
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 05:48:48 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 23, 2017, 07:10:51 pm »

Offer thanks to Cathung, who provides the miracle of effortlessly-resealable portals, alchemical reagents, cheese, clean wilderness, and that perfect creaking sound for all the best horror stories. Then warn them that they have been infiltrated by a group that wants to turn them all into inside-out pigs incapable of reason or civility, and has already killed at least one of their members. Then notice the slime dripping down beside you and realise that they weren't talking about you when they said "monster"...

Objectives:
 1: Leave this drider alone. She is leaving soon regardless of what they do so they should focus on other things.
 2: Tone it down. Their are getting in way over their head. Stick to fliers and peaceful gatherings and uniforms. Also try out the secret society thing. As a potential goddess with centuries ahead of you, you have thought a bit about gathering power and starting a secret club where the members are automatically biased to one another is a pretty good prospect. You promise you won't tell their ancestors where they got the idea from...
 3: Pay a bit more respect to Cathung. Hinges and moulds may not be glamorous, but they are pretty great at what they do and personal experience attests that it helps to avoid antagonising gods.
 4: Clean themselves up a bit. This place is filthy, the people upstairs could be useful recruits with some long-term care and they have plenty of manpower to get started on some handicrafts for funds. They could even start recruiting unwanted orphans and the like, and for sanity's sake keep the recruitment voluntary, kidnapping is just all sorts of stupid. If you are going to have enemies then they should at least be presentable...
 5: Actually, they seem to be a pretty lost cult with no real direction nor affiliation. They should just give up and start worshipping you instead. They can even keep doing what they are doing, just direct it to that stupid court-jester instead. Make insulting graffiti(waiting in a poorly-placed web until it starves, stuck at the bottom of a pit, dancing badly, speaking bad poetry that makes no sense...), spread embarrassing rumours, send it dresses as gifts... Keep it to pranks, it is a member of The Count's court afterall, so don't get to political and risk treason...
 6: Get the jolly nightmares away from Old Gesty. That thing lies in polar opposition to almost everyone.
 7: Rat-out the evil cult. We want to know how they got affiliated, what members they know of, what they know about a magician capable of telekinesis and head-exploding, how they get into contact, what they were tasked with doing, how long they have been operating here, any affiliated locations or organisations...
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 24, 2017, 05:42:57 pm »

Diplomacy!

Hold it!
Surprisingly, everybody stops in their tracks. Your companions hadn't charged, and the group in front of you just sort of slows and awkwardly looks at you. They're wary, though.
For starters, I'm not a problem here. I'll be leaving the city soon, either way, so there's no problem, alright?
Y-you walk right into our home after getting one of our members arrested!
He attacked me! Along with some friends! Why the hell would he even attack me, to begin with?
We need to get magic creatures out of our city. You attract all sorts of strange things, and wherever your kind goes, problems follow. And I should NOT have to remind you why we can hardly trust a damned drider!
Your voice gains a bit of an edge: Remind me.
The cults!? Come on now! You've got to be like two-hundred years old, do you really need reminders.
I'm SIXTEEN! For fucks sake, just because we CAN be a thousand years old, doesn't mean we ARE!
You're only sixteen years old!? Eveline says, shocked.
I don't think this really matters. Let's get to the point. You morons need to tone it down, regardless. Attacking people in the streets is a good way to get the wrong type of attention.

We don't attack people. He stresses the word "people", giving a clear indication of the respect these people have towards you.
Don't. Test me.
...Fine, whatever. We're not here to fight, anyhow. Just tell us what you want, and then you can be on your merry way, alright?
Fine. Do any of you know about the Gestating God?
The what?
Gestating. God. Eldritch being, recently coming back from the dead, likes twisting people into horrible monsters.
Jack flashes before your eyes just a moment. You squeeze your eyes, and shake your head before continueing.
Uh... No. Nobody here would deal with that stuff, right guys?
The surrounding group nods in agreement, except for the massive man with the sledgehammer. He sheepishly raises his hand.
...Russel?
"Russel" begins to speak. His voice is surprisingly high for such a huge man: Uh... I think John was talking about some kinda cultist he was helpin' out. He speaks slowly and slurs a little. The lights are not all on upstairs, that's clear. He talked about that for a bit, and even told me to help out smashing the spider, but I don't really... I don't wanna hurt anybody.
They're not... Oh whatever. If he's helping out somebody who doesn't pray to Cathung, then he's a traitor anyhow.
Do you know where this cultist guy is?
Uh... Yeah. He's was in that bar in the refugee place. The one with the pig bouncer. He had a doozy of a time remembering that, but he managed. You're temped to give him a gold star for effort, but you don't have your supply of condescending rewards stocked up yet.
That... Doesn't tell us that much. Most people come there to talk business. Mostly the illegal type.
It's a step closer, either way. We should continue the search there.
Yeah! Ya should. And don't forgot your mutt on the way out, she's stinkin' up the place. the main talker yells, and then he snootily says WE. Will be praying to the forgotten god of righteousness and purity, if you don't mind before turning around, head held high.

Eveline seems to shrink under the insult. She's clearly a little a hurt. Which makes you a little angry. You walk up to them, ranting:
Alright, you little cloaca, listen up. First of all, you idiots are praying to the god of mold and hinges. He isn't special, he isn't mysterious, people "forgot" about him because he doesn't matter. Second of all, you're living a damp little cave under a stoner's den, you're not special. If you really gonna pray for something worthwhile, pick something that people care about, alright? Hell, that's not all. Clean yourself up! Fix this place up a little, put down a carpet, recruit those stoners upstairs, do some proper god-damn work. Hell, keep praying to Cathung! Something useful like hinges is a lot better than what you've been doing up to now, and the mold between your ears probably agrees.-!
By now you've reached the main speaker. You tower over him, and he stares at you like a rabbit in front of a wolf.
Oh. Are we scared, now? Didn't expect getting an earful, thought your God meant something? Or are you just a bunch of directionless retards trying their damnest to fit somewhere!? Come on then, TALK!
I-i-i--i-i-i... I don't... I thought... I'm.. I'm sorry.
What was that?
I'm... WE'RE sorry for being... uh... Look we just wanted something. There's not much magical creatures here so we had something to focus on, y'know. I-i don't really care about purification stuff, alright I just...
Then why are you attacking people in the street?
I... John was always a hothead, and he convinced people in that. We didn't think he'd actually DO it.

Seeing him in front of your like this, with all his bravado melted... It does something to you, like a feeling of butterflies in the stomach, and a strange sort of buzz in your head. You bite your lip as you stare at the pathetic teenager. Then, before you were even aware of it, you whisper something.
Worship me.
You gasp when you realize what you said. The guy in front of you looks confused, and you quickly return to your companions, who look quite amused from your raging
You always know how to chew someone out, don't you? What'd you whisper to him? He looks like he's been frozen.
Just a... suggestion. Nothing serious. Let's, uh, go.

Go straight to the bar
No time to waste, better get searching.

Return to the wizard's tower
There could be some valuable info there, not to mention you can snoop around and discover what they don't want you to know.

Find Yunikki
It's been a while... Maybe she's available?

Other.
It is currently a little bit before noon.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 03:48:19 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 24, 2017, 05:50:53 pm »

Yes! Find Yunikki! She is always good for a bit of keeping-us-sane! And maybe Eveline can suggest something that could help with armour? No matter.

And... Maybe you should tell your dad what you said... I'm sure Eveline would just say it is a perfectly natural thing for a drider to go a little power-mad...

On that note, has Eveline read some sort of primer on drider instincts or is she just assuming that driders and spiders are the same?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 05:57:22 pm by RAM »
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 25, 2017, 06:48:58 pm »

So, I assume we're going to the bar, and seeing of they know anything?
Not quite yet. I want to get Yunikki involved again, she should be done with her drills by now. She said it was until noon, and by the time you reach her, it should be around that time.
Fair enough. We can always use some heavy armor. Not that sure about bringing a guard to a criminal underground, but from what I understand she's got a couple connections there?
She was a bandit up until yesterday. It's a miracle they gave her the position to begin with.
Proper heavy armor training is hard to come by, these days! It's only recent that we can even afford it, so there's practically nobody who's got any experience. It's only since the Ilithians were willing to trade their ore tha- Your father cuts him off.
No history lessons. We talked about this.

Despite Alibert's wishes, however, uncle Liam continued his story, albeit mostly to Eveline. Liam was always a big fan of the happenings in the field of war, and he tends to drone on whenever he finds a proper avenue to pull the conversation in that direction. While the topics are interesting, you can only hear about it so many times before it becomes annoying. Still, Eveline seems to enjoy the history of ore trade in Belicia.
While they are busy, you have a personal talk with your father. You don't feel good about the topic, but it needs to come up at some point. Better to do so on your own terms...
You nervously wring your hands as you gather the courage to even mention it. Eventually, you manage to start talking about it: Hey... Dad. I-uh... I need to talk to you about something.
Your father raises an eyebrow, and simply nods. You take a breath, and begin your unsteady talk.
So... That thing i said to that... guy? I don't think it was all that... normal.
You feel blush appear on your cheeks from the shame. You're usually quite confident in your looks, but sometimes the fact that you're not exactly normal in ANY sense of the word still gets to you. Your father appears unfazed, though.

It doesn't really matter how you threaten somebody, Sid. There's a big difference in talking and doing, and if it shuts them up, all the better.
It wasn't a threat I made.
Then what's eating you?
I asked him to worship me. I-i said it before I even knew it and I don't know why I did it.
That's... Well. Hm. I... Can't say I understand that, overmuch.
Maybe it just means... They're right, you know. Driders just aren't... Good people.
Your father looks at you, crushed by your outlook. He softly says your name, and you can't bear looking him in the eye. Then you hear him scoff
Alright, missy. Listen up. I'm won't hear another word from you about whether or not you're good or bad. There's not even a question about it. You sacrificed yourself so the town could keep their homes! You got beaten close to death, you had to deal with some of the worst scum in the land, a god has put you a shit-list, and you're still here trying to make things better for everyone! Two words won't make a damned difference, you hear me?
I... I get that. Thanks dad.
Good. If you ever think that again, so help me god you are grounded.
You snicker at the ridiculous threat. His grin really seals the deal on his joke.

It doesn't take long after that to find Yunikki. She, and the group she was training, seem to be resting after the training, most of them drinking water. Some look absolutely ragged, and most have taken off their armor. Yunikki has not. She doesn't even seem to be sweating.
You people REALLY need to work on your condition. Skill with a sword doesn't matter if you can't reach your opponent! Anyway, everybody drinks plenty of water, and then you can talk to the boss guy... And tell him I'll be gone.
She walks closer to you, confident. She looks strangely regal in her armor, and it's clear she's been able to polish and improve it while she was here. It shines in the midday sun, and the dents and scratches appear to be buffed out. When she takes off her helmet, however, you see her armor's the only thing she took care of. Her hair is absolutely everywhere.
Let me guess. I need to come with you?
You read me like a book.
Alright, boss. I'm done for today, anyhow. Where are we going?

Good question. Where ARE you going?

Go to the bar
Now that you've got everybody, you can tackle the bar.

Return to the wizard's tower
Curiosity is a good thing. You should find out what you weren't supposed to know about.

Other

Neat stuff I do:

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 25, 2017, 07:33:11 pm »

I vote bar. Adventure is a tasty foot! We have a trail to follow! The intrigue can wait until after they have summoned another dead god which immediately walks up to us and asks us to model its entire new line of lingerie at a royal ball... Hopefully not a ball made out of royalty...
Read the First Post!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 25, 2017, 08:59:15 pm »

You know...We could be a force for good and have worshippers, Sydney.  It's not the end of the world.  Just be careful with it.

We really should check out the bar.
Sigtext

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 26, 2017, 03:44:49 pm »

...And if you make another crack about weight, I swear to Mortum, I AM DROPPING DOWN!
You had forgotten the thin alleyway was not at all drider-sized, and that it forced you to crawl up above, where the shoddy buildings leave enough space for your mass.Of course, cracks about how you must have the largest behind in the city soon followed after Eveline managed to mix up her words badly enough. She didn't mean anything by it, but Yunikki latched on to it, even as she was grinding against the stone in her thick armor. You got a little worked up about it, because having a butt that is literally twice the size of the average goblin DOES get to you in a weird way. It shouldn't, but it does. Oh well, uncertainty is kind of normal for your age.

When you reach the door, you have enough room to stand, barely. You knock on the door, and like last time you see a little latch open. The man behind the door takes one look at you, and instantly closes the latch. Before you can say anything, the door swings open and you hear a familiar voice.
Well now, Sydney! I had hoped you survived... You feelin' better than before?
It's Alexander! So THAT'S where you remembered him from, he's the bouncer here!
Mostly, I suppose. I don't remember much from my little... episode.
Hey! I know you.
The kobolt? You're keeping some pets now, are you?
Hey now! Can't a girl take a friend along?
Whatever, whatever, i'm just joshin' ya. Come in, come in. You've got some brownie points, you and your dog.
Evelines just wrings her hands nervously. She's clearly bothered, but you need the information here. You'll give the pigman a verbal tongue-lashing when you leave, but for now, you need to play nice.

Ah, Aestinus! I think the boss had a job for you, it's in the back, as always.
Your father clenches his teeth in discomfort. He hisses out a "thank you" in a way that makes it incredibly clear that he is not, in any way, shape or form thankful.
Hm. I was wondering what you were doing as a job.
And you mock me for being a gu-*ULP* You father slams his hand over her mouth, fortunately, she doesn't have her helmet on right now.
If people discover we brought a guard in here, I will personally decapitate you to show good faith to these people. Shut. up.
I get you, i get you... Just slipped out. Geez.
You sometimes forget that your dad was kind of a brutal bounty hunter for most of his life. The reminders are always quite... sudden. Still, you have business to attend to. The best man to talk to should be the bartender. Nobody knows things quite like the bartenders, after all.

The bartender is a massive man with a face that quite resembles a brick. He's completely bald, and his dark skin make his bright eyes look like pinpricks. It looks quite scary, all things considered. Of course, he doesn't look that threatening when he's just polishing a glass.
Hm. Drider. That's a new one... What drink?
I need information about somebody that was in here
And I need money. No drink, no info.
I can't handle my drinks.
I'll get one, if you please. Green bliss, no ice.
Hm... Expensive drink. That'll give you your info, sure. Who do you want?
Did you see a somebody talking to a midget in this bar, recently?
The one that died? Yeah, i know who he talked to. Creepy fella. Tall, all-concealing robe... I didn't like the guy, so i put a boy on him. You wanna know more, you need to talk to John. He recently got stuck in the clink, though.
Hold on... Did he get arrested over assaulting somebody?
I think so... Didn't get the details. The boy was always a hothead, and it didn't improve with this Cathung crap... But that's enough. You want more, you get another drink.

He slams a glass down with a lime-green liquid in it. You uncle Liam drinks it down in one go, despite the alcoholic content. He was always miraculously good at handling his liquor, although he usually savors his drink. The barkeep raises an eyebrow at his drinking, but does not comment.
So it looks like the guy that attacked you was supposed to follow this robed guy? Looks like you need to have a talk to the guy.

Get to the prison
It's generally not allowed to enter the prisons as a civilian, so you need to justify yourself.

Wizard's tower
Curiosity. Yes, it's still there.

Mill around the bar.
There's all sorts of things that happen here. Maybe you can catch some extra information?

Other

Neat stuff I do:
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 216