Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 185055 times)

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #2955 on: May 16, 2019, 06:20:43 pm »

Now, my idea still feels like an idea, y'know? We should try to take our mind off things, noodle around with our spells, namely, well...

Siphoning Cloud. Things to test out:
Can we get other things besides life force drawn out when using it? Make it suck mana away from magical beings, or as suggested before, the years of toxins in the veins of a druggie?
Can we link it to something/someone else after casting? Could we use this spell even when we're fine to perk up a companion, or prime some health/mana potions?

If yes to either, but not both:
Cool, new uses for spells!

If yes to both:
Jesus, we need to get Francine off the sauce.
Link a Toxin-Siphoning Cloud to an easily throwable, breakable, decent sized flask. Cringe as we force Francine through the world's worst withdrawal symptoms, and oh God what we're pulling out of her looks like tar.
Woe to the one who gets this drugrenade shoved in their face.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: May 16, 2019, 06:34:51 pm »

I'm not sure if we have what we'd need for that kind of magical research right now. We're low on health and mana again, and nothing should break too bad if we leave it alone, so some food and rest seems in order.

Sigh, I've forgotten what all fills out our mental quest log at the moment. Probably want to get the hell out of the city before someone nukes it from orbit just to be sure.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: May 16, 2019, 06:46:28 pm »

Yeah, we could squeeze out one or two clouds before we get dizzy again, and I doubt that'll be useful for science.

UGGH WHY CANT WE JUST KILL AND RESSURECT OURSELVES AND TAP INTO THE WONDERS OF NO MORTAL LIMITS!
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: May 16, 2019, 08:45:13 pm »

We're basically completely screwed unless we kill Jack.

Sadly, we have something new and horrible happening every single post, so there's no headway to be had.  This turn:  Obviously infected chickens.

And we don't even manage to kill Francine to solve something!

Lets go try the anti mind-control soup.  It might be able to prevent the infection from the obviously-infected chickens, and might save us some time.

Or if not that, rendering it to stock and making a properly delicious meal would make it both last longer and might prevent the infection.  Can it be removed with proper cooking?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 09:03:10 pm by Devastator »

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: May 17, 2019, 07:20:57 am »

UGGH WHY CANT WE JUST KILL AND RESSURECT OURSELVES AND TAP INTO THE WONDERS OF NO MORTAL LIMITS!

You missed out on that when you let Hal go off alone. Considering there's no way to get back to that, I feel like you would be happy to know that lichdom was attainable under different circumstances. Not that it would have been easy, it's just that that was one of the (intensely rare) ways to do it.

I'd also like to remind everybody that killing Francine is on the table. It's just that Alexia would prefer her alive and useful. She kind of agrees that attacking the riff-raff doesn't really count as a strike. If it wasn't for YOUR wishes, she would have likely congratulated Francine.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 07:50:35 am by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: May 17, 2019, 12:07:30 pm »

...myeh. This does not please me, if anything it makes me want to mess with time to become a Lich.

Huh, well, I guess that's one way to Lich - Time Paradox so fast that the timeline doesn't get to react and you go self-sustaining loop.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: May 17, 2019, 12:45:44 pm »

Bah, liches are boring. No, we're going to become a Great One.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: May 17, 2019, 01:52:03 pm »

"You look at her for a while. How did she know"

we were "sleeping" maybe when we almost died alexia spoke, or when we almost died alexia didn't had that much of control
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: May 17, 2019, 04:37:33 pm »

Honestly, when giving Alexia control, we did expect her to kill her. What does that say about us Sydney I wonder? At least Francine is alive, right?

At any rate, with Francine down, we really ought to look to Yunkikki and the kid whose name I already forgot. If nothing else, maybe we can show the kid a few of our own tricks for helping out. Otherwise, we probably wouldn't have a Yunkikki to be sad over. It's been a long time since social butterfly Sydney got to be social. ;.;
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 04:44:25 pm by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: May 17, 2019, 04:51:06 pm »

Sydney is pretty killy, all things told.

I personally expected Alexia to go for the leech, but I can't argue too much with the results.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: May 17, 2019, 07:52:33 pm »

Francine's also probably not down.  Mantorok cultists getting healed/new bodies happens all the time, after all.

Oh well.  Lets check on her after the meal.  I was hoping for at least leeching, though.  And am miffed that Alexia doesn't understand how valuable people are, for either selfless or selfish reasons.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 02:40:16 am by Devastator »

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: May 19, 2019, 05:50:19 pm »

So, what's your name, anyhow?
Malta. Malta Leoric, Mal for friends. Pronounced like "Maul".
Thanks, the spelling was a tad confusing.
Yeah, it happens a lot. Uh, just so we're clear, though, just... Call me Leoric. I get uncomfortable when people I don't really know call me by my first name. Because when they do that it usually means they're going to say "Malta Alistair Leoric, what did you just do!" and hell, that just gets my flight instincts all riled up.
You're a funny kid, are you?
Yeah, I get that a lot.
You take a pause in the conversation to take a rather huge bite of the chicken leg you were given. You wish there were some veggies alongside it, but honestly, you're happy with any bit of meat at the moment.
So, how'd you end up here? It's no small feat to survive the outbreak.
Oh, that'd be thanks to my master. I'm an apprentice, you see. I was following Hera De la Poer, ever heard of her?
In passing. She wrote some books on healing magic. We mostly used her diagrams for musculature. I've met her... cousin? I don't quite remember.
Yeah? Cool. Anyway, she's been doing all she can. Turns out she can do more than heal. Did not expect her to be a pyromancer on top of the healing. And when I say pyromancer, I'm not talking firebolts, she's in the explosive part of that. Oh, and that forbidden art.
"Forbidden art?"
Well, you know how healing magic can regrow flesh? Turns out she can make tumors appear really quickly. Easily, too. But things were going wrong really fast, so she sent me away. I hid with a family, but then some pigman bursts in and starts killing people. I hid under the bed and ended up stuck for a couple hours. I figured out real quick being in a filthy room was a good way to work. Dude worked off smell, you know? Anyway, then that crippled lady bursts in and starts wheezing about. I helped her, she helped me, she turned into a Hellwolf, the usual.
What did you call her? A Hellwolf?
Yeah. That's what we call that particular condition. Notes on it are really recent, but my master had the rights to access it. Mind you, we don't know much about it, and I could only tell she was one by the transformation. She's clearly weaker, too, though she's more resilient long-term. She wouldn't have lasted long if she was a "true" Hellwolf.
Do you know a lot about this? We're hoping to find a cure.
No dice, lady. I just told you everything I know about it. Transformations, healing, name. That's it. And general strength, I guess, but that was vague anyhow.
Where is your master now?
I dunno. Outside, probably, working up an offence with the Beaks. She knows I'm not dead or transformed, she's got a soul locket of me. She can't find me with that damn thing, but my guess is that she's going to prevent any kind of nuking for a time. Might even start a search party.
Are you telling me we might have a way out?
We'd need a signal. And I figure any signal they can see from outside is going to lure all sorts of nasties. We'd probably be better off getting out of here ourselves.
Right, right...

You look besides you, and note that you have eaten more than half of an entire chicken. You briefly fear for infection, but then remember that it's not really anything that carries over through animals. It's a strictly human plague, made by a very petty Ancient. Of course, you still have one more issue.
Shaking your head, you get up and move back to where you left a broken mess where a drider once stood. Sucy is hard at work applying a cast.
Done eating? Good. I realize we could use the kid to heal the bone, but that would go against your punishment. As for Francine herself... I put her on painkillers. She'll be sleeping for a while longer, and hopefully get that glowshroom out of her system. Of all the things to sniff, that one was the worst to try.
Glowshroom?
Common dwarven narcotic, has varying effects. Discoloured eyes and hallucinations are the most common. Then you've got hypersensitivity, balance trouble, no mental filter over what to say. Popular at raves.
Oh. That's... a relief. I suppose.
Not everything that is purple belongs to Mantorok, you know. Either way, knowing those fools went on a chicken escapade does imply that Francine had a basis to do what she did. The rest was the drugs talking.
Right. How much of that is still in her system?
Glowshrooms don't leave much. It's purely a mental addiction, not so much physical. Of course, she's on a lot of medication. And I can't tell what is recreational and what isn't, so I wouldn't bother. Drider biology bores me.
Right...

Further plans? You should take a rest, if you're still unsure. You just needed to make a check-up here.

Basic Stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: May 19, 2019, 05:58:08 pm »

Yeah, time for a rest.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: May 20, 2019, 10:45:15 am »

rest, and ask sucy and the kid if one of them can help with our broken sting
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: May 21, 2019, 06:01:33 pm »

Ehehehehehe...
I keep telling you, this isn't that funny.
Yes it is! How often do you think I get to work on an exoskeleton? Most of the time it's endo. And what an opportunity it is! I get to work on, drumroll please! He begins tapping two fingers on your backside, simulating said drumroll. You can feel the shaking in the regrowing pieces, and it's itchy, as well.
I have killed so many things in my life, I must have killed for less than this, right? You mutter to yourself, just loud enough to be audible.
SPIDER-BUTT! He simulates a little orchestra with his mouth, before continuing his work on the ruined stinger. You've been blushing the entire time you've been at this, covering up your face as the kid slowly rebuilds your ruined behind. It's not even really your butt, it's a stinger! Well, ovipositor, but still!
Stop doing that, it's annoying.
It's hilarious!
Sucy gives a sound of disgust. Well, she isn't completely emotionless in times like these, she never cuts back on the disgust whenever she can help it. And she does not appreciate the level of humour being thrown around. To call it bottom-rung would be an understatement, a mouse would get a crick in it's back looking for it. All the way down in the basement, is this tier of humor, behind the cask of whine (bad puns) and right next to the motion potion (silly dances). That's where this accursed facsimile of humor comes from. Laughing about the idea of a butt.
God you want this to be over.

Hehe. You're butt's nearly finished!
That's YOUR. If you're going to be a brat about this, at least remember to use proper spelling.
I... How could you even tell that! We're speaking out loud!
I can hear spelling mistakes. I usually don't really notice them, but hell, you've been annoying me. I get to be annoying about this.
That makes no sense.
Neither does my entire biology. How far are you on fixing that stinger?
Well, the rest is gonna have to come from you, to be honest. There's still some soft bits that need regrowing, is my guess. But hell, carapace is all nice and finished. One fresh bit of spider ass!
He gives his handiwork a hearty slap. The instant, oppressive silence that follows shuts him up before he says anything else that's stupid, though. You slowly turn your head, your face is indescribably, which is really easy on the writer, lemme tell ya.
Anyway, the kid raises his hands in surrender, and begins absconding by slowly backing away. Once he made enough distance, he makes a run for it.
That kid's a smartass.
Quite. Where will you rest? With the people or here? I could look into some further help if you sleep here.
Oh i'll just sleep here. Closer to everything I might suddenly need if my nap is interrupted with yet more fighting. Or some other really bad thing that happens. I don't know any more. Either way, best to be prepared. Are you taking care of Francine?
Yes. You've really done it this time. You took out her dominant art, so she won't be able to do much.
Right. Just shout or, throw something at me if you need me.

With your rest underway, you've got to start making plans for an escape. Or maybe some other plan  in the city. At least your food supply should be slightly better off than before.

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 216