Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 185067 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #2895 on: March 23, 2019, 10:08:07 am »

We should ask sucy for tips do tame her and I dunno, bite her or cloud her when she is being nice

maybe we should make her take only a sip of the potion, she seens to not want to take this

almost thinking into being a good idea into leeching her but... How much ways of detection we know that exist to discover someone is under mind control?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 10:10:38 am by omada »
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: March 25, 2019, 05:20:22 am »

Explain. When and why did you take this before?
I... Well. When I started out in the employ of the late queen, she told me to make some drugs to make up some slaves. Her ideas of supremacy made it so she didn't want to have driders do much menial work. This was my first attempt, and my most successful. I avoided making it ever since. It was... It was amazing. I desired it above all else for so long. It took me ten years to fully kick it, and...
Why did you take it? Answer me.
Alexia squeezes down a little further, making it harder for Francine to speak.
...The queen forced me. She needed to know if it could be used against her. I... I did not mean to but.*Crr* P-please. *hhh*
Easy does it.
Alexia gets the hint, and loosens her grip ever so slightly. Francine takes a deep breath, her legs twitching from the adrenaline. She's missing one, you notice.
T-thank you. N-now. I did not plan on using it against her. But... It made me desperate. She held the material that allowed me to make it. I tried alternatives, but... I found nothing. Nothing quite compared. It was like... Like standing in heaven. Your belly full, your thirst slated, your mind buzzing with ideas, your body feels strong.. *hhh*
She begins to take on a lost expression, looking at the vial in your other hand with hunger. She begins to shake, even. Her hand weakly begins to reach towards it
P-Please. I need it. It's been so long, just give me the damn vial! You nearly died so we could get that damnable spice! GIVE IT BACK TO ME
She actually begins to try and force you. OF course, your arms isn't giving any kind of leeway. You feel more stable with the arm, as well, as though it's rooted a bit more. You elect not to think about it for now.
Don't even try. You're not getting loose.
She tries a little harder, even biting your hand. It's... uncharacteristically feral from her. Somehow it's even more disturbing than her usual bemused sadism. She's just making little screams and grunts as she tries to get at the vial. Seems like she should be commended for getting this far without drinking it herself.
Then, all at once, she raises her arms as if in a seizure, as she gives a longer scream. Her eyes appear completely, solid black for a moment and then she goes limp. Alexia drops her so she doesn't hang herself. She drops down like a sack of potatoes.

Hm. I thought I was missing some ingredients. Sucy says, removing the syringe from Francine's back. You didn't even see her approach, with Francine being so "excited".
Did you know about this?
Partially. I assumed she was going to give you an energy booster. But I noticed I was missing my blue troches and my yellow burrs. Those give a full feeling and the other gives some... stranger side-effects. Rare ingredients. Good thing the market had them.
She's an addict.
Hm. Of a sort. My guess is she was making potion number 35. One of the forbidden ones... Obviously, we weren't supposed to learn how to make the forbidden fifty. But I did my own research. Anyway, 35 is not really a physical addition. Purely mental. Well, it's an exceptional high, and it connects one to the closest thing. Long-term, though, it will erode the mind. Eventually leaves a husk. People that abuse it to control somebody only need one dose and a promise, mostly. It takes disassociating from the experience. My guess is thinking about past experiences made her like that?
Looked like it. What do we do?
If she was trying to thrall you, I can apply a few... remedial techniques to convince her. I can make her a slave for a far shorter duration, for instance. One hour of following any command... Or I could apply some more exceptional techniques. Ever see what floramancy can do if you let just the right plant grow in the right place? I'm no Meandra, but I'm still precise...
She's smiling that massive, toothy smile again. She's been looking for an excuse.
Is there a way to tell if somebody is mindcontrolled?
Hmm? Oh, sure. I know a potion for that. Well,it's more of a soup, technically. And some applied magic. It's actually quite complex, and potentially dangerous for the visitor. Oh, I should mention, it involves entering the mindscape of somebody who's asleep.
Are there other ways?
Mostly out of character behavior. And other things that seem to make sense. Why? Do you want to see how far you can go?
What kind of company are you keeping? Speaking of company, where is Yunikki?

Basic Stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Items and equipment

Skills and spells

Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: March 25, 2019, 02:33:56 pm »

Ask where Yuniki is.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: March 25, 2019, 03:51:47 pm »

"No, but I will need tips to re-educate her to live in society, you have no moral qualms but at least has notion of what someone would really think it is outrageous and don't do shit that could complicate you,but.. where is yukinni? the others? and... children??? "

try to call our familiars, maybe they have the kids
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: March 28, 2019, 06:05:52 pm »

Maybe. Hoping to teach her how to behave, at least. How long is she going to be out?
With the dose alone? Two hours. But she hasn't slept in about a day, so I'm guessing we're good for about six. Eight if we're lucky.
Right. Back to business... Where the hell is Yunikki? Knowing her, she wouldn't have let this little disaster happen in the first place.
Dead, most likely. Saw her fall off a roof when she rescued you from that demon.
You feel as though a lightning bolt struck you. You can feel your mouth fall open, despite not really planning on it. It's a very natural shocked reaction.
She... Did you see her!? You ask, your voice pitching up. You've known her the longest out of everybody, and she's the only one you can really trust. Sucy's nice, but...
No body, but she isn't back yet. If she was fine, she'd be here. To be fair, until we see a corpse, we can likely assume she's alive, to be fair. If we're going to be optimists.
We are. God damn it... Where the hell is everybody else?
Oh, well, the hostages are in the back of this place, trying to make themselves comfortable with the materials around. They've made a few beds out of expensive fabrics and barreel planks, and started rationing the food. I was surprised they managed that. They didn't seem too clever at first.
Less condescension, more information, please? Where the hell are my kids?
The spiders? Well, those are most certainly dead. Or, uh, something else. They stuck close when you got injured, i believe. Didn't see them on the demon, but it was taking you somewhere. My guess is that your "kids" were a decent consolation prize, or were just eaten. I dunno.
You have to resist crying, to be honest. First Yunikki, but now your children! This is too much... You sob, unable to hold it back.
Don't cry. It's annoying.
Oh come on! You shout, a tear rolling down your cheek as you fail to hold another sign of emotions back. Well, it's actually about five tears, you've got a lot of eyes. Sucy raises an eyebrow at you yelling.
Well, again, no body. Maybe they're fine. We can look for them in a few hours, if you want. Need to get you patched up a little more before we go out there. I'm surprised you can stand.
I drained her, using my magic. If I didn't, she would have made me a slave with that vial of... whatever potion.
Hm. Well, i have a few countermeasures, so it wouldn't have been permanent. Although... She begins to stroke her chin, thinking.
I do wonder how that arm would affect it. It's not exactly the usual kind of body, after all.

You try to summon your familiars, but they're gone too. And the strain of trying it at such low mana is giving you a headache. Honestly, you generally feel like garbage at the moment.
You could rest up, but the longer Yunikki's out there...

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Skills and spells

Sorry about the late update, fellas.
Also of note, I'd like to ask: are the occasional POV changes annoying, or are they a nice change of pace. I'd like to know how often I'll be doing those. With my update schedule being more lax, I might just leave those behind entirely except for when Sydney is completely incapacitated and a rescue attempt must be made.
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: March 28, 2019, 06:49:42 pm »

I think we might not live if we try to find her, but thinking about syd personality...

In my opinion the changes in POV are nice, of course, they are better when sydney is incapacitated, unless we are talking about the kids or familiars, it make sense we just get their point of view sometimes because I dunno, maternal love?
Novice english wordsmith

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: March 28, 2019, 08:19:05 pm »

..I'm not sure how we're at low mana with how fast it should be regenerating.  Wouldn't it be going faster now that the plague's been loosed?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: March 28, 2019, 10:47:51 pm »

I like them, of course.

Let's go look for our friend. Should be fine, just don't fight anything stronger than a bird person...
Also would be nice to get new familiars, if the old ones are done for. Keep eyes open for something suitable.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #2903 on: March 28, 2019, 11:49:07 pm »

Of course, if you really want to, you can create some additional characters. They will not be controlled by you, but they will appear in the story as minor or major characters, depending on how appropriate I deem them. I'd suggest you wait until later though, considering that the story is sadly going to remain on rails for a little while(until all character creation is complete and a start point for a story has been established.

I am guessing we have long since arrived. I have a pretty wide open request. Here is a early post by me:
Please also consider her social butterfly/curious personality. Of the provided options, which path would she really choose? I mean if we literally gave her these options and asked her to choose one? I think the choice is obvious... (Mine! lol)

If we choose a path where... she has to pretend to be this monster... When she gets out of here she is going to be mentally f'd up. Because that's the opposite of who she is. We need to own this right now. We need to be ourselves in a big way.

Or at least try, amiright?

She is clever. She is smart. Isn't it possible at a moment like this she would be inspired to use it?

At least that's how I see her. Maybe I am wrong.

We've already physically coated ourselves with the hardened shell let's not do it to our heart.

I just want to ask for a character to symbolize this, be like an external concience.

OR a character that symbolizes the opposite, to act as the foil of these traits so they shine more in her.

Vague I know. Sorry.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: March 29, 2019, 03:52:15 am »

If we go out, wait long enough to use the life-draining smoke first.  Then use it.. we're still badly wounded.  It also seems slightly less risky than just biting something.  Although I'm pissed off enough to try that too, should things go bad.

Priorities are to find Yuniiki.  Then our kids, second only because we know they're captured.  Then that damn cult leader.  Just stay away from Jack.

If we're getting decent mana, we should bring back zombies, too.  We'll need them for the next mission or confrontation.

Lastly, we should at least meet the rescuees.  It'd be nice to meet people who have hope for the future, instead of the hardened people who surround us atm.  And selfishly, if we're going to fight gods, we should become one, too.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 09:12:59 pm by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: March 29, 2019, 04:04:31 am »

Yes, mana should be regenerating quickly enough to make that an easy choice. Steal the life from some lesser trash mobs, much more efficient than bedrest.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: March 30, 2019, 05:36:45 pm »

I'm going out there. Faster to drain health than friggin' bedrest, anyhow.
I should not have to explain to you how that would be a bad idea. For starters, your mana should be quite low after yet another near-death experience, especially after defending yourself against Francine. You'll need a day to get yourself back up to speed, I'm guessing.
Nope. More magic in the air. I'll be good in about an hour.
You can metabolize it? Interesting. Must have been a mutation of sorts. Either way, give yourself that hour, at least. You need to get your legs moving again, anyhow. It won't be easy.
Fine. But I'll be draining soon. Can't waste much time. I'll be meeting the people I saved, in the meantime.
Sure. End of the suit hall, in front of the hook basement.
Sucy returns to her own machinations, though she sets up her alchemy set next to Francine's sleeping body. You elect to walk down the hall.

When you're a little distance away, you hear yourself speak. It may have your voice, but the way it says the words... It just sounds Wrong, in a sense. You can't quite place it. Maybe it's the rougher voice, the tendency to roll the R...
Alexia still makes you uncomfortable. It doesn't help that she whispers in your ear, her face growing out of your shoulder like a tumor.
They will betray us, you know.
If they were going to, they would have done so already.
Without somebody to guard them? You're a high prize, Sydney, we both are. Yunikki, I can trust. Hal was too naïve to try anything. Now we only have Francine and Sucy. How do you know they aren't in kahoots?
Educated guess. Now shut up, we're reaching the people we saved.
Bags of flesh... Maybe we could borrow some of their life? They don't need to stay in the cloud forever, just enough for us to heal.
Oh yes, that will make us popular.
Worshippers would work as well... You'll have to convince them, though.

Alexia wisely shuts up and retreats back inside your demon arm. You can feel her moving around, like a splinter with little legs, crawling around just under the skin. An itching, yet sharp sensation. You despise the feeling, and resist the urge to scratch it. The strange, bumpy flesh is unpleasant to the touch, especially considering it's attached to you.
You shudder, and are glad when somebody is quick to come up to you.
Ah, our savior! I'm glad to see you are all right. You looked really bad when you were brought in. Hanging by a thread.
I get that a lot.
I'm sure you do. Uh, anyway. Have you come for a bed? I will have to disappoint you, we do not have enough material for somebody of your...
You raise an eyebrow. You know the problem, of course, and completely understand, but you have an irresistable urge to mess with the guy.
Your physically alternative state of being compared to the average layman that is not a town guard. the man prattles off, being about as specific as one could be without saying it outright. You're kind of surprised he found the words for it
Nice one. Anyway, I don't need a bed. Do you all have enough?
People will have to sleep in shifts, but we can manage. It's better than the floor, anyway. But, I have to ask, when are we getting out of the city?
I don't know. When we find an exit strategy for you people, essentially.
Of course... Well, that reminds me. Are you going back out there, soon?
Yes. Of course
People wish to pray for their lost loved ones. I have no family in this town, but there are many here that are... broken. I'm no priest, but if you could bring us a copy of the Avatar Scriptures, we would be grateful.
Avatar Scriptures? That some kind of holy book?
Yes. Speaks of an avatar from the gods. Mostly it's stories, with a moral. Some of it is advice. Most importantly, the final chapters speak of how to deal with loss. I think a few sermons might just help these people out.
Right... If I happen to come across it, I'll take it with me, but no promises. It's not a place where I can afford spending time looking for a book.
Understandable, of course. It's just, you know, in case you happen to come across one.
Alright. Now, I need to get my mana recharged, so I'll just stay here a while. Could you introduce me?
He does. You take the time to tell tales of your own adventures, at least wherever it is appropriate to talk about. People are listening with rapt attention at your exploits, happy for some kind of distraction. You don't mind the attention, and happily answer most questions. You omit a few of the more sordid details, of course...
After an hour, your mana is about ready.
Will you venture out into the city?

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Skills and spells

I just want to ask for a character to symbolize this, be like an external concience.
OR a character that symbolizes the opposite, to act as the foil of these traits so they shine more in her.
Vague I know. Sorry.
I already have a character like that! However, they won't come into the picture until a little later.
Neat stuff I do:

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #2907 on: March 30, 2019, 05:52:32 pm »

Woah. Cool..

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: March 30, 2019, 08:48:52 pm »

letsa go

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: March 30, 2019, 10:42:14 pm »

Yup.  We really don't have weeks to wait now.  Book would be nice, but not as important as Yuniiki or our kids.  If we hit the library to find cult leader, we can pick up that book.

Gathering other survivors is a possibility too, but I'm a little reluctant to put everyone in the same place.. Jack will just break the wall down and kill everyone.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 11:17:57 pm by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 216