Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 185066 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #2880 on: March 19, 2019, 06:28:08 pm »

Spit a deathbolt or two to drive the message home. And to make some more noise.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: March 19, 2019, 09:09:23 pm »

+1 to both - Death/Doombolt to knock her back, followed by a Siphoning Cloud, so we can actually heal some and NOT BE SCIENCE.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: March 19, 2019, 09:17:19 pm »

No, not in that order. Pretty sure that deathbolts don't have knockback anyway, but if they do it would be embarrassing to knock her out of range of the cloud before we cast it.

We start off with the cloud because it's intimidating and follow up with a bolt because the cloud doesn't really have stopping power.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: March 19, 2019, 10:13:17 pm »

(Probably shoulda let the kid fix the chest wound.  Carrion still coulda saved Yuni if it lead to her bleeding out internally.)

Yup.  You don't experiment without consent.  Oral fixation siphoning cloud should keep her from successfully applying that to us.  Deathbolts/Doombolts if she's really serious.

And Sydney gets special treatment because she's the only one with a body and a mind.  All Francine's old minions were just mindless beasts.. no creativity, no intelligence to use what they have properly.  We lost because we forgot that.

(I don't think Sydney would think this way, but it's an argument that might mean something to Francine.)

Secondly, I think next go-round we'll probably try some kind of army of the dead tactics.  Maybe we can flood Jack with tiny spiky carrion that we blow up inside her.  Maybe we just roll them bodies into a massive creature that might not be able to destroy jack, but simply won't be killed and leave her open to bombs or traps or poisons.  Maybe both.  Fleshwarping stuff would be great use.. but on corpses or monsters, not us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: March 20, 2019, 12:20:38 am »

You won't regret it.
I strongly doubt that.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: March 20, 2019, 08:47:11 am »

Just remember to make her drink her own potion later, and brag to her that we could easily break her legs and make her as a Clumsy backpack

+1 to cloud/deathbolt
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: March 20, 2019, 10:57:30 pm »

-1 to potion being used on Francine.  I'd rather use it on an undead and see what our spells can do with an undead minor fleshhorror.  Okay to siphoning cloud, deathbolts as necessary.

I hate to say it, but we also need to congratulate the doctor on not just dosing us while we were asleep.  Which is very sad, but probably deserves a reward.

Wait, the doc enjoyed being life-drained, didn't she?

Ahh, dysfunctional relationships.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 11:07:45 pm by Devastator »

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: March 21, 2019, 09:06:00 pm »

Eh, we can always seduce the doctor later... I mean, she's always going on about "apex" this, "dominant species" that... Sounds like she's looking for a dominator of her own.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: March 22, 2019, 07:49:43 am »

You don't want another mindless beast, do you? you can hardly feel yourself, but your tongue still goes and your lungs still function. Even if you can't yell you can still talk. You had mindless beasts before.
Oh, darling. She gives a few condescending clicks of her tongue as she shakes her finger.
I'm not making you mindless. This is just a particularly potent drug. If anything, you'll have the time of your life! After that, however, the euphoria should make you very desperate for me.
What?
Well, the euphoria will have you connect the closest thing to that euphoria. I'm sure it's possible to kick it, but... Well, the point is that you're going to do anything I desire. Little doses of this stuff, whenever you do what I ask. I won't even need it after about a week. Ahh, but I get distracted.
And the physical effects? You say, trying to stall for a little more time. You're going to fight her, sure, but if Sucy would come in...
Oh! That's a tad unsure. I'm certain of an energy boost, and perhaps a mild steroidal effect. Eye discoloration, but that's more for my benefit, increasing your hydraulics, mixed with a higher blood pressure. That will make you jump better.  Heart disease is likely, but nothing I can't deal with... She taps her fingers against her chin, trying to think of any other effects. Libido is probably going to get a little nutty. But hell.
She puts her hand on your body, smiling a smile you really wish you didn't have to look at.
That's just another advantage.
You shudder, taking in a shaky breath. And then, you exhale. A stream of greenish smoke is expelled from you, nearly instantly developing the crazed scientist. She attempts to wave the thick cloud away, coughing as she does. She only slowly backs away, but you can feel yourself improving as she goes. You find the strength to stand up, and cast a deathbolt at your opponent. The little black bolt strikes her in the chest, and for half a second she is rooted in place as her soul is nearly ripped from her body, before whiplashing back inside her. You shakily step through the cloud, and before you even fully realize it, your demonic arm is around her throat.
*nnf* How familiar! she says, grinning as she struggles against the steel grip. You can feel Alexia's rage, but she's wise enough to keep quiet when in front of Francine. She's not squeezing her throat shut, just keeping her at arm's length. Which is a serious distance, in this case
Yeah. Familiar.
Ahh~! This is why I adored you! You can come back from nearly anything!
Will you?
You don't need to kill me! Please, you've reminded me already! That demon may have won for now, but you still stand miles above me! That's why I waited until you were awake!
...How would you fare against that little potion?
For once, Francine's eyes bug out as she stops talking and starts shaking. She really doesn't like that idea...Don't do that! Please, I already serve you with all my heart, now! You reminded me! Don't make me feel that potion! Not again!
Again?

Once more, she wasn't that hard to deal with. But that is strike two.
How merciful are we feeling today?

Basic Stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: March 22, 2019, 12:38:40 pm »

...Hold up, she's hit herself with it before?
JESUS, THIS WOMAN.

...but we might wanna keep that potion in reserve, maybe we bite off more than we can chew and run hard enough to have a moment. Awkward side effects, main effects are good though.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 01:08:23 pm by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: March 22, 2019, 01:58:33 pm »

Alexia.
Squeeze.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: March 22, 2019, 10:20:18 pm »

Nah, she just saved our life.

I think this might be some sort of weird thing with Francine.  She likes getting beat around, getting life-drained, and we only do that to her when she threatens us with a potion.  So she threatens us with a potion so she can get her reward.

We need to train her to do the right things, not the wrong things.  So we need to talk about how she fixed us up and saved our life.  And the reward for that could be a bit more vampiric-style life drain.

She'll then need a punishment for offering us the wrong potion.  For that, I think we need to get her to do something that's beneficial in our opinion, not hers.  I mean, we have a mad scientist.  There's any number of things that would be just fine.  A topical cream that turns the carapace steel-hard?  Sure.  The drider equivalent of energy drinks?  Sure.  Mana in a can? Sure.  Fresh stimpacks?  Sure.  Even ones with some short duration combat drugs would be great.  Fleshwarping or horror stuff would be great for udead minions.  Hell, end of the world here, I'd take a steroid regimine that would make East Germany blush... it'd suck long term, but who the hell knows what things will be like in even five years.

But this excessive habit-forming stuff?  That's no good.  And not needed.. it isn't like we're disloyal to our friends.  If she could just get herself under control she could be so useful.  I think that to do that we need to reward her for the good stuff, like saving our life, and punish for the bad stuff, like these potions.  And don't punish with stuff she likes.

Yeah, I wanted to get rid of her, but what she's doing now is much less bad than when she hurt our friends.  If we let her live for that, we should let her live now.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: March 22, 2019, 10:37:16 pm »

again? Explain or drink, your choice
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: March 22, 2019, 10:43:29 pm »

Let's not see a third strike, alright? She's "useful", but not very useful. We made it pretty clear last time around that if we catch her fooling around, it's head squishing time. I don't like the precedent we set if she gets to survive this.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: March 22, 2019, 10:45:55 pm »

I can live with it if she dies, yeah.  I really am disappointed that she couldn't come up with a better potion.  Maybe if Suzy says her help was important for saving people from the plague.

Also.. if she boosted Sydney's libido, isn't the most satisfying personal experience for her recently been what happens when she eats someone/something?  That doesn't sound like a safe idea.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 10:56:22 pm by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 216