Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 185082 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #2415 on: September 01, 2018, 03:58:23 pm »

Do you not recall the several times that we've been limited from using this arm properly because of the attachment point on our shoulder? It's very strong, but the rest of our body isn't strong enough to support it. This is just correcting for that, balancing us out.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: September 01, 2018, 07:21:22 pm »

Adaptation, please.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: September 01, 2018, 11:09:09 pm »

Nah, no adaptation, it might not work without the plague.  I don't want to choose abilities dependant on external factors.

Muscle up for me, probably the last purely physical upgrade I'd take.  Either that or glowy backhads for dragon fighting, but since we're plague immune, it's probably up to us to play tank.  Plus we're slightly more fragile due to overgrowing in that last level, this should cover for that weakness by filling out the extra size properly.

Adaptation is useful, but I think it might be useless if we cure this plague or banish this god.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: September 01, 2018, 11:37:48 pm »

...Again, encroaching growth is something that helps us adapt to our current asymmetrical nature. Muscle up is explicitly weaker than previous growth upgrades, and it doesn't do anything to help out demon arm. Strength isn't great if you're effectively one-armed.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: September 01, 2018, 11:45:28 pm »

The reason I prefer it is that it allows for more toughness.  We got a little bit more fragile from the size increase, relative to our size, but this one sounds like it's more toughness instead of getting bigger.

It will also help the arm somewhat as well.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: September 02, 2018, 11:45:18 am »

Encroaching growth. Muscle-up will be available later. This is potentially more useful, and we probably won't have access to it next level-up.

I could definitely be swayed to adaptation, if it's not reliant on the additional magic to function. But without knowing for sure, more demon arm seems like the way to go.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: September 02, 2018, 03:04:05 pm »

Encroaching grouth
Glowy backhands
fire fiend

All these depends on the demon arm, how long we will have it?

plus all this "it grew a bit further" in our arm looks like it got more advantage against us, remenber that it already grows a bit farther every time someone chomp it off, hear my words, will be there a time where this arm will try to control US not the opossite

adaptation looks plague dependent

blood twitch is vampirism dependent

silence the voices looks like a trap

those things that make our children bigger isn't thaaat attractive right now, although I love them,

I would vote for fertile (not only this produces minions but this also is a nice weapon to be inserted in others chests or neck, specially when we go dragon killing) or astral projection (spirits aren't crushed by our sword? we will go in THEIR FUCKING PLANE to kick their asses, or just sneaking into the next room to see what is happening)

but I will be a bit assholey and vote for MUSCLE UP to tie so people will have more time to decide

Options of way

the capital: NO! no way it will help, unless it is somewhat on the way to the tower

west: no! too far from either objective, but maybe we should send a letter to Eveline using our shitting companion (pidgeon) saying a bit about what happened recently to us, and that we are heading north before heading east for a cure for our friend (write in small leters what is going to happen to hal) if she has something to share with us or the tower she can use our pidgeon that will return to us, and if she want's we can say that we got some "offensive tech" that should be keep secret but it could help

east: yes!? I still think we can get some help from the tower and do two quests on the same time

tower: yes, but don't be fooled WE KNOW that the hamlets are weirdness breeding lands

I read the plague and the music of the opening of gravity falls start playing in reverse
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: September 02, 2018, 04:39:09 pm »

Nah, no adaptation, it might not work without the plague.  I don't want to choose abilities dependant on external factors.
What
What

@Liquefied Spleens: Is Adaptation dependent upon "external factors"?

Also, this doesn't sound like a plague, it sounds like a curse.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 04:43:09 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: September 02, 2018, 05:58:47 pm »

@Liquefied Spleens: Is Adaptation dependent upon "external factors"?

Yes, but said external factors are fairly long-lived. Magic has a REALLY long shelf life, even if the plague was completely deleted right now, it'd take decennia or even centuries before background magic is back to the level it used to be. Of course, if you ended up in an area that isn't quite as permeated, you might lose it, but there are very few areas where magic doesn't enter like it owns the friggin' place. If magic was a dude it'd enter through the window, take up the couch and leave its shoes everywhere, it's awful, you can't get rid of the damn thing.
At least it pays rent by letting you fart fireballs, but damn it, it's the idea of it.
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: September 03, 2018, 02:51:27 pm »

Encroaching growth 2
Muscle up:2
adaptation:2

Fellas, Imma need a tiebreaker

East: 1
West: 1
Tower (followed by east): 1

For this one too.
Seriously, we just went through some voting shenanigans. Let my poor writing hold up the story, not the meta parts of it, alright?

Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: September 03, 2018, 03:17:40 pm »

*grumble*

Adaptation.

I don't really deeply care where we go. Surely it'll prove interesting regardless.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: September 03, 2018, 03:25:41 pm »

changing direction to east.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: September 05, 2018, 09:29:18 am »

But seriously, who here thinks that this is actually a curse?
Sigtext

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: September 05, 2018, 09:59:18 am »

Maybe can be even both, a curse acting as\taking the form of a plague until we track the source or to study this thing its impossible to know for certain
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: September 05, 2018, 10:59:22 am »

Too much for a curse, IMO.  This seems like god business.  Someone summoned something, and now there's far too much magic about.
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 216