Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 185705 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #2100 on: June 08, 2018, 08:51:31 pm »

I Loot The Necromancer's soul-container/bondage gear spiked collar

stabby slashy, from below the kukri rises! There should be no gooey bits this time...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: June 09, 2018, 12:13:41 am »

Wait fuck is it a good idea to be assisting the leper here? He acts last so we might all be dead by the time it hits...

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: June 09, 2018, 01:49:23 am »

You can try to immobilize the necromancer with your chains/make him fall or hinder it's movements or something along these lines, with a good roll you make everyone give at least a dose of humilliation to the necromancer.
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: June 09, 2018, 02:00:33 am »

Maybe I should just pull his fucking arm off again and make him mega salty.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: June 09, 2018, 02:48:24 am »

What I am seeing from the leper is that they only do damage on a 5. With 4 rolls that would be... about 52% odds?
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: June 09, 2018, 12:15:08 pm »

or a 6

*evil grin*
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: June 09, 2018, 05:08:04 pm »

At the sound of your command, the bounty hunter strikes the match and bathes the area with a blazing star! The darkness disappates, and the lich seems to shrink, ever so slightly. Although, seeing it in its full, terrifying glory is less than great, and it makes it easier to see just how lethal the surrounding area of bones and hands is. You become aware of a constant, droning shriek, reverbing straight into your skull. Looks like it doesn't like the light, and it is willing to make it very clear to you all...
(the whole party is afflicted with HORROR. +10 stress per round for as long as the lich still lives!)

omada
The light, the promise of safety! It invigorates you enough to try something that should, be all accounts, be horrifyingly stupid. You charge directly at the horrible creature with nothing but the alcohol-fueled courage and the sheer piss and vinegar permeating your very existence. With a sharpened cross and some solid boots, to be sure, but damn what a rush! You leap upwards, between his arms, and kick yourself upwards. You slam the cross into the creature's head, about where the chin would be. You couldn't quite stab it in the vulnerable face-hole, but the cloth gave way to your knife well enough. The creature hisses in pain as you kick off again to make distance. You manage to catch yourself with a roll, and you end up in a good position again. It's not QUITE what you were hoping for, but hey, close enough. More than, even. It roars a little more, though it sounds a little choked from the dagger currently stuck in its windpipe.
If it has that.

RAM
You try something that you wouldn't ever try if you weren't encouraged by this enchantment with enhanced damage. You just straight up try stabbing this massive nightmare monster with a kukri. A BLUNT kukri, mind you. And this creature is currently backed by a wall of pain and hands that are rather interested in getting you to join in with the pain thing. All in all, it's not the greatest plan, but hell, you only live once.
As you fly through the air, feeling your consciousness flying away at the same rate as about three of your teeth, you realise just how bad a decision this was. He just thwacked you out of the way, though at least you weren't flung at the wall or anything. You land pretty badly.
You feel like you can't move, and it's only the pure adrenaline that allows you to even pull yourself upright enough so you don't drown in your own blood. You cough some of the blood up, most of it from your bloody nose. You feel like you can't breathe...
(roll=3-1(antiquarian weapon skills)=2) (lich def roll= 3 + 1(enraged)= 4)
DEATH'S DOOR! THE NEXT ATTACK WILL KILL YOU!

The lich, pleased at the encroaching death of your ally, makes a swift movement of the arms to unleash another wave of grasping hands and claws. Or, at least, it looked like that. Instead, you see about three hands softly rubbing your ankles before disappearing again. (roll=1)
The lich, clearly angered out of its fucking mind by this turn of events, reaches for the tattered scrolls on its side, before turning back and seeing them next to the knife that tore them from him. You hear it exhale loudly, enough for it to turn into a growl of pure malice. Then it makes a large movement with both arms, sticking them out to the side before clapping them together. The circle grows ever smaller, and it's clear you're on a time limit. In two round's time, you will only have enough room for THREE party members!. To make matters worse, it performs ANOTHER action, first!
With a screech that could cut through stone, it rushes straight at the antiquarian, sensing blood in the air. It's new, terrifying claw reaching out for the antiquarian.
Whether by strategy, fear, reflexes, or plain dumb luck, the antiquarian drops herself down entirely, and the claw only manage to rake apart her clothing. The tiniest inch lower, and...
(lich roll= 1) (Def roll=5-2(death's door)= 3)

The lich is put out of position by its seemingly impossible miss, and the two outcasts band together for what they hope is a final assault. The abomination moves first, swinging the chains around in large circles and attempting to bind the lich in them. Unfortunately, she whiffs the move entirely, and end up wrapping HERSELF in the chains before feeling the sharp end cut into her face. She's nearly knocked out by the weight of it, and feels pretty silly (+1 wound)
Despite this flagrant show of incompetance, the leper decides to strike out. As if the light itself had come down on him, he felt yet more strength welling up inside him than anybody had thought possible, his blade strikes down on the necromancer's head. The cloak, body and soul of the necromancer finally cracks. A bright light shines forth from the creature's face, casting a blinding spotlight forth as it twists and turns, screeching to the point of being painful. Dark, arcane energies flow around the creature, the shadows coalesce in the shape of another cloak, and a never before seen, yet familiar visage appears before you. A skull rests behind the hood of the shadows, and a horrible scythe appears, sharp enough to cut the light itself.
its finally time then? please find some dignity, you knew i was inevitable. says an odd voice, with the finality of a closing sarcophagus.
The lich screams one more time, shaking and twitching in front of the leper.
Whatever's happening, it can't be good! The bone-wall has disappeared, clattering apart, but more and more light and energy is growing around the creature. Even worse, the leper feels like he can't move. That last move, as spectacular as it was, threw out his back! He's paralysed, and forced to take the full force of whatever's coming!

Stats

Grave Robber
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Leper

Antiquarian

Abomination

Party Items

okay, seriously, this was meant to kill you guys. WHAT WAS UP WITH THESE ROLLS?
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: June 09, 2018, 05:36:04 pm »

"If that didn't kill it... I guess we just have to try again!"

Transform. And. K̹̥̲̺͖͓̕͟i̷̸̦̗͈͙l҉̧̖͔̩͓̙̹l̜͔͚̯͜.̴͍̤̘̲͚̘͞͡ ̧̲͓͜Í͇͖͍̤̝͈ṭ̴̢̫̻.̨͏͙͓̳

((You seem intent to end this little side adventure. I'm intent on ending it with an impossible victory. Please tell me that you actually gave that necromancer a wound total. :P ))
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 09:09:58 pm by Egan_BW »

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: June 09, 2018, 06:27:27 pm »

"An end to my torment, at last?"

Close my eyes, and take off my mask. I am ready.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: June 09, 2018, 06:32:01 pm »

"No time to die laying down! The most honorable thing is to die, fighting this evil. Come on, stay with us..."

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: June 09, 2018, 06:44:16 pm »

"No. Strength fails me. Even steel may shatter in the cold. I feel the end coming, and go to it willingly."
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: June 09, 2018, 06:56:23 pm »

"Do you know what we're fighting? Have you heard the screams? I assure you, death here will not be restful.
Our choice is between taking this thing down with us, or..."

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: June 09, 2018, 08:53:20 pm »

"...or all of you running from this cursed place, as far and as fast as you can, while I stay here. Save yourselves. I will hold them back."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: June 09, 2018, 09:09:39 pm »

"I... that had not occurred to me."

New plan! Fucking run away.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: June 09, 2018, 11:39:19 pm »

The Antiquarian drags herself towards The Leper and gazes forwards, past her ally, past The Necromancer, into the dread darkness beyond...
Ex-e-excush me s-sir... H-have you t-time, f-for an... interview?
Assist the Leper.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 216