Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 185707 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #2085 on: June 05, 2018, 08:22:39 pm »

Smokescreen! Let's hope it stops the civilian from seeing anything triggering.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: June 05, 2018, 09:32:39 pm »

"Oh sure, let's see if it can raise itself from the grave, this dungeon isn't being as bad as it seems, LET'S SHOW HIM FRIENDS" [in my mind: OH FUCK I'm gonna die]

Throw a dagger at the weapons of one of the small skeletons unarmed it's proved they can't do much against us
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: June 05, 2018, 10:47:23 pm »

"...Fellow abomination. If you kill anyone here, let it be me."

Strike the Necromancer.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: June 05, 2018, 11:41:02 pm »

But, of course, we all must remember to dance!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: June 06, 2018, 04:20:04 am »

Let your voices grow high and your reverb become tight, for only the power of impromptu musicals can save us now!
"da-da dun dun daa da-tsss
da-da dun dun daa da-tsss

I came up her to learn.
To see what's spared the burn.
But now you're my concern...

I had hope in what I'd found.
Bit to grief it's all been ground.
So we'll see you to your mound.

da-da dun dun daa da-tsss..."
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: June 06, 2018, 02:48:38 pm »

RAM
You are the first to move, and you basically ram in all the powder you could fit in your grubby little mits towards your lantern. Like at the roadside, you succeed with flying colours as a massive gas cloud belches forward and covers everybody in incredibly thick smoke.
Including the little skeletons, in fact. You just don't have an exceedingly good track record on your powders, do you? But hey, at least it works. The whole party gains +2 on defence rolls!
So do the two skeletons, but I'm sure they won't be a problem.

omada
You make a confident taunt, and even succeed at looking rather smug. Only a faint drop of sweat reveals how rightfully terrified you are of that necromancer. Whether out of fear or pragmatism, you focus on the rapidly fading skeletons. This damned smoke! Against the odds, however, you actually hear the sound of metal splitting bone through all this smoke. You might have gotten a little lucky, that creature probably dodged into the blow. (attack roll= 4) (def roll=1+2=3)
They must be really weak, though, if a single throwing knife is enough to fell them.

Egan_BW
Bolstered, albeit in a macabre way, by your cursed flesh, you lunge forward at the necromancer. Your appear out of the smoke, making use of the limited area to take the abominable undead by surprise. You succeed with flying colours, and the monster only barely manages to raise a claw (it's made up of SEVERAL creatures, including a tentacle! what.) to block your lunge. Your chain wraps around the limb, causing what would be a severe bruising if it wasn't for the lack of bruisable body. It didn't appriciate it, though, and it REALLY didn't appriciate it when you wrenched your chains back with a powerful heave, and dislocate its shoulder (or equivalent. This creature is clearly not even close to human any more.) Of course, because undead are what they are, you actually pull the entire arm off. The sleeve grows loose as the arm comes snakes out and tries to assault you! Fortunately, the amalgamation of undead comes apart with some shaking, most of that shaking achieves by you running away back to the group.

The lich hisses something in a dark language, though the tone makes the meaning clear enough for anybody. With a wave of his hand, a massive collection of hands raise from the ground beneath you, clawing at your feet and screaming for release! The attack was sloppy, the hands barely manage to clear the dust and ashes of the room, and they only manage to hit two of the party members. The abomination and antiquarian only barely avoid the attack, and a quick grab around the ankles confirms that this could have been really, really bad! Fortunately, they let go pretty fast, and just start groaning in pain before the ground swallows them once more.
The lich screams more words with that black tongue, horrifying insults you are glad you don't understand. Then, tearing away the sleeve, it regrows its arm in an instant! It looks made up of whatever one could gather in a graveyard, a skull for a shoulder, several sharp bones and ribs along the upper arm, pointing in every which way. At least three limbs form the unnaturally long underarm, and the hand is replaced by three horribly scythes of bone and malice.
The abomination's attack slowed it, at least.

The remaining skeleton attempts to make a swing at the leper, choosing the closest and biggest target. Unfortunately, the hit is very successful, even knocking the giant of a man back with a well-aimed, or at least lucky, strike to the mask! It hurts like hell, but you note that the creature had to break its arm to do that much damage! Its arm snapped off at the elbow, and it's looking at it with a confused look before shattering into ashes with a movement from the necromancer. (attack roll=6) (+1 wound)

DolosusDoleus
Still picking yourself up from the unexpectedly painful attack, you fail to act this round!

Stats

Grave Robber
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Leper

Antiquarian

Abomination

Party Items
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: June 06, 2018, 03:04:00 pm »

crypt of necrodancer this is a very nice game (but the last char I unlocked is impossible, come on I die if I miss two beats... WHAT???)

Maybe those scrolls are not only decoration

Throw daggers on the scrolls or any item that it looks like usefull for the necromancer

"Hey,Antiquarian I give you an extra mug of beer if you manage to hit that flashpowder inside his hood"
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: June 06, 2018, 04:10:01 pm »

"Angry? Good! Look at me!"

Take off the arm it's just regrown.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: June 06, 2018, 06:32:26 pm »

"It's usually better to... agh, grope hands from the ground!" fling flashpowder forwards near necromancer's noggin.
Read the First Post!

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: June 06, 2018, 09:24:35 pm »

Kindly offer the necromancer a nice cup of teaMURDER MURDER MURDER MURDER MURDER
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: June 08, 2018, 04:28:24 pm »

omada
With pinpoint accuracy, you throw your knives at the creature's scrolls and other miscellaneous objects. Most of it was just hanging loosely from the creature's "belt", so you don't harm the creature when you do this. Regardless, it looks frustrated at your actions. Insofar as body language can be read from this nightmare made material. It certainly looks in your direction, though you're rather happy that the shadows prevent you from looking at the creature's face. If the arm is that weird, just imagine the face...
(roll=4)

Egan_BW
You yell at the necromancer again, and perform the same movement as before. In normal circumstances, you would have probably failed to do anything. The creature's clever, and it clearly made a dodging manoeuvrer. It didn't account on you being so fast, or ferocious. The tip of your chain strikes the shoulder with enough force to crack it, and you twist the chain around the limb again to pull the horrible mess of parts off.
Again.
You fail to find enough ground, and your dedication to pulling ends up pulling the entire necromancer towards you. Somehow, you have enough state of mind and strength to jump up and dropkick the creature, launching yourself back enough to tear the arm out of the socket again. The creature starts backing away, not even hissing or screaming, but just staring at you. You can FEEL the literal hatred boring into you, and you gain a glimpse into the future. You see yourself, holding in your own guts as your legs lie a few meters away from you. You snap back into reality, and feel what little stomach contents you have rise up again from the stress. What the hell was that!? (+10 stress)
Perhaps you shouldn't touch the creature directly...
(roll=6)

RAM
You give a warning yell, and throw a bag of flashpowder at the tall figure. Spurred on by the grave robber, She tries the tricky shot of hitting the figure right in the noggin. Unfortunately, after the debacle of the arm getting torn off, it was more than ready for any further attacks.The bag explodes harmlessly against the wall, affecting nothing. It does cast a bit of a shadow against the wall, making the necromancers stand out more from where you're standing in the smoke.

The necromancer roars in a growing fury, and regrows his arm almost instantly. Some whitish fluid spurts out as another arm forms out, covered in metal chains and locked with a glowing skull. Seems like he's tired of losing it. The arm ends in two hands, one with scythes at the end and the other being an entire human torso, limbs removed and skin mutilated to carry words. It begins murmuring something in a language that makes your head hurt just listening to it, and suddenly the bounty hunter's torch goes out. Suddenly clad in darkness, you can see the faintly glowing eyes of the necromancer as the creature laughs! (+5 stress!)
You can't see what it does next, but you hear a familiar hiss of a lesser skeleton being created, and then you can hear a scream.
The abomination screams in pain as the impossibly cold creature telekinetically pulls her towards him, and envelops her into a crushing hug. Its face is inches from hers, and the putrid breath makes it impossible to breathe. The pain is unbearable, your life feels like its getting sucked out! And everything is so damned dark you can't see a thing! This might be the end, the abomination feels her very soul getting torn out... (attack roll= 6+1 (darkness bonus) +2 (enraged) = 9)

DolosusDoleus
Going by the sound, you try to find the creature. You felt its cloak go past you, so you know its close. Then, you spot it. The tiniest glint of the metal surrounding your party member. She's getting lifted up by the creature and...
You hear a faint, ethereal screaming. It can't possibly be good.
A deep rage builds within you, and you put your undivided attention to saving your friend. You have lost a kingdom, but you won't lose this! With a leap, defying your diseased bones, you manage to crash your sword down against the putrid undead. The weight and force is enough to split the vertically, until nearly halfway its torso! Your abomination is mercifully dropped, and the lich stumbles back, strands of tissue connecting the two halves and placing them together as it bleeds profusely. It disappears in the darkness, but its clearly wounded. (roll=6-1(darkness)=5)

You hear a distinct roar, one that you will never, ever forget. A hurricane of sound and magic surrounds you, clearing away the smoke that was hiding you, and forcing you all in a circle. A strange "wall" of wind and motion, mixed with razor-sharp bone shards and grabbing hands surrounds you, and the lich raises itself up. You can't quite make out what its doing, the eyes and faint outline are all that is visible. Looks like its going all-out!

Stats

Grave Robber

Leper

Antiquarian

Abomination

Party Items

For context, if the leper hadn't hit his attack, that would have been an INSTANT KILL. It's the boss-round, people.
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: June 08, 2018, 05:42:39 pm »

"AESTINUS, PLEASE IF IT WON'T SCREW YOU, PUT THE TORCH ON FIRE, beasty girly, can you make it fall?"

Step with my steel toed boot on the chest, but it's not THE attack, press the holy dagger against it's face, kick it for it to enter it's face even more, jump to safety

Novice english wordsmith

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: June 08, 2018, 06:28:34 pm »

”The blackest night yields to brightest dawn. We have become as steel!”

Cleave the foul creature in twain!
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: June 08, 2018, 07:06:34 pm »

((Gonna need some R&R after this.))
Heavy breathing. Pained trembling.
"...Is that all you've got? You... you might kill me, but I know that we'll tear you to pieces! You're not regenerating from this."

Seeing such heroism fills me with DETERMINATION. Assist the Leper. I'm willing to sacrifice my own safety to add more damage to that attack.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 07:21:02 pm by Egan_BW »
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 216