Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 185717 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #2070 on: June 02, 2018, 05:20:27 pm »

No altars or holy place to put the dagger around? Dagger to the eye, or the joints or... oh god this beast has none of these right? JUST THROW THE DAMNED KNIFE

"K-K-KNIFE TO MEET YOU, Hey AESTINUS DARLING, WHAT IS YOU ADVICE?"
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: June 02, 2018, 05:23:31 pm »

Because a true hunter needs no light to find prey. Next time I'll close my eyes so that the dark does not distract from sweet aroma.

Make a terrible enough roar to convince myself that I am the greater horror. Nothing to fear here, but Me.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: June 02, 2018, 09:23:29 pm »

”Victory or death! Stand back, foul creature!

Cut off another head, move to protect everyone else.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: June 02, 2018, 09:47:35 pm »

"FLASH!"powder
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: June 03, 2018, 04:38:16 pm »

omada
Panicking slightly at the appearance of this beast, you decide to forgo the idea of precise daggers. But, of course, we're all efficient people here. If you can't perform a critical hit of some sort, you can make do with just a whole lot of things. You open your coat and throw knife after knife towards the beast, accuracy completely gone. This seems to work fairly well, until you realize that your rapid throwing did not equal powerful throwing. Your daggers don't go much deeper than their point, and you feel a little silly when the thing's thundering step alone makes most of the knives fall off. You did something, to be sure, but the damned thing sure doesn't seem to care! (roll=3)

Egan_BW
Getting caught up in your own hype, you slam the ground and create the most terrifying roar you can manage at the creature. This takes several seconds to complete, and it sounds like a mix between a bark and a howl, with some unhealthy growling inbetween. As much as you'd like to say that it reinvigorated you, the massive creature made of teeth and rage didn't seem entirely convinced of your alpha status. Matter of fact, the soft growl it perform seems to indicate it doesn't care at all.
You also managed to distract and disturb your allies, reminding them all that you are a wild beast more dedicated to psyching itself up than to actually fight the two maws of tiny teeth attached to a  gorilla made of pain. (Other party members take +5 stress damage!)

RAM
Considering your allies are a little distracted, at best, you take the liberty of trying to blind this creature. It must use sight in some way or another, so you throw a bag of your flashpowder. You scream it out, of course. Communication is a valuable aspect of life, but you might have taken the wrong amount of powder. And mayyybe you just threw some slightly volatile components used in the creation of flashpowder alongside it. Maybe there was some ground up glass in there as well.
Maybe you just accidentally threw your flashpowder that is meant to kill shadowcreatures from the east.
The point is that the stuff works. The bad news is that it worked REALLY, REALLY well. The massively loud explosion was enough to make everybody lose their hearing. At least you told everybody to cover their eyes, so nobody's as bad off as the horror should be.
Guessing from the wild flailing, and the soft vibration of its roaring that can be FELT rather than heard, you at least managed to anger it.
(Roll= 6)

The beast flails about angrily, and displays that its stumbling gait was more a display of pride than any actual trouble with moving. Blind and deaf as it is, it manages to destroy a wall next to it, before standing ready to charge in the general direction of where you all were. Considering you're in a hallway, it has a 50/50 shot at choosing the right direction. Even during the distracted flailing, however, more electricity is gather at the creature's feet. As it sets its feet down, it becomes clear which direction he's taking. (roll=6-2(flashpowder overdone) +2 (horrifying rage) = 6)
Those gaping maws gnash in your direction before it charges ahead, claws to the side to rend anything it knocks aside. Your party stands ready and...
The leper manages to shunt his body to the side, and while the claws of the creature slash through his armor, he isn't nearly as hurt as he could have been. (+1 wound) (roll=3+1(anklet)=4)
The abomination follows, and it manages to masterfully dodge the deadly charge. Using the powerful legs of creature's untold, it leaps over the creature and slashes the creature as it finishes its hopscotch movement.
The grave robber is similarly successful. Diving inbetween the legs, she twists her body in nearly impossible contortions fit perfectly, and to slam a dagger in the creature's back. The thighs of the creature were less than a centimeter away from touching her, but she remains completely pristine! (roll=6+1=7)
The antiquarian is less lucky. Having neither the overwhelming vitality or speed of the others, her partial dodge still carries severe consequences. The creature's knee slams her aside, even if she mercifully manages to avoid the scythe-like claws. (roll=4) (+1 wound!)

The creature's charge continues onwards, and it slams itself against the wall. Stumbling back, that seemed to have finally caused it some actual pain.... It stumbles around, still blinded and deaf from the flashpowder. The leper, eager to finish it off, runs forward to banish the creature back to the hell it spawned from. Sadly, the distance and overexertion cause him to miss the beast's head, hitting the ground instead. (roll=4)
Dang.

Stats

Grave Robber
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Leper

Antiquarian

Abomination

Party Items

I fully expected that charge to kill somebody, but nooo, you had to get rolls like THAT
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: June 03, 2018, 05:04:41 pm »

Murder!
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: June 03, 2018, 06:42:48 pm »

If it won't acknowledge my superiority, it will die.
Leap, tackle, pin, neck bite, feast.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: June 03, 2018, 08:26:02 pm »

In a mixture of embarrassment, pain, and rising curiohorror at a certain companion, The Antiquarian attempts to vanish in a cloud of smoke.

P.S.
 I would say something about my rolls, but they might be shy, and I would hate for them to feel that there was anything wrong with their wonderful antics.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: June 04, 2018, 04:56:21 pm »

DolosusDoleus
Eager to finish the battle, you charge forward to cut the beast in half. But, keeping up with your track record of "every time it isn't a damned fluke", you trip and fall before you even reach the monster. You slide comically, and you feel particularly dead inside as you skid to a halt. This fucking shit.

Egan_BW
Leaping over the leper's prone body, you charge forward at the creature and gore it into oblivion. You tear open its chest with no difficulty, the tough flesh finally giving way to the party's relentless assault. The creature falls on its back, and you tear it to shreds, the maws end up as nothing but piles of gore to the side, the teeth are spread across the floor. You'd love to bite the creature's neck, but it doesn't really have any of those. You make do by tearing at the shoulders, instead, stopping it from attacking. With a final roar of discontent, the creature finally falls. You start tearing into it, biting and thrashing the corpse apart. The taste is...
Indescribable. Now, this isn't a cheap way for the writer to avoid explaining what it is. No, this is eldritch fuckery you just jammed down your gullet. It is literally, physically impossible to even come CLOSE to describing just what that creature tastes like. Nothing on earth compares, the texture is both smooth and rough at the same time, it sends little shocks of "electricity", which is causing your nose to shoot out steam that rapidly turns to ice crystals before forming a puddle of blood and spiders.
Although, if similarities can be noted, it tastes a bit like a hairy lemon.

RAM
You poof yourself out of existance, after the death of the horror. You feel really relieved at the fact that the creature is dead, and you're actually hoping that you can prove you ARE capable of doing something right. Your hearing is slowly returning, as well, just in time to hear some strange, shuffling steps...
You see a figure lurch past your smokescreen, and you recognize the zombie from before.
But it was dead!
While you shout out a warning, everybody's hearing is still completely out of whack, and you can't stop the creature from grabbing the grave robber!

Screams echo through the chamber, even if nobody but the most unholy of creatures can hear them. The grave robber is quick, but not quick enough. When the cold hands of the dead man reach her shoulder, she turns around in a flash and attempts to parry the creature with some success. But the weight and surprise attack of the walking corpse force the grave robber to the floor.Reflexively, you shields herself with her arm. The zombie's teeth tear into the arm, ignoring any kicks or punches to convince it to get off. The teeth tear deeply, and if she hadn't been so quick, she likely would have been outright killed! (zombie attack roll=5) (grave robber defence roll= 4+1=5)
+1 wound!
GRAPPLED!

Stats

Grave Robber

Leper

Antiquarian

Abomination

Party Items
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: June 04, 2018, 05:05:58 pm »

Holy fuck, Update exact when I was writing

"Okay, when I hear stuff again I will ask the book guy to teach me those flashy stu...OH FUCK GET AWAY FROM ME"

Kick, try to get myself or at least my arms free, if it's still possible grab the holy dagger and stab it

Oh if this thing die this turn I will make sure it's parts are going to be separated one by one by the holy dagger and will never get up again
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 10:06:51 pm by omada »
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: June 04, 2018, 05:37:49 pm »

"For the love of..."

This situation doesn't even require the sword. Walk over to the zombie and tear it in half with my bare hands.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: June 04, 2018, 06:57:53 pm »

The abomination untransforms, vomits, and quickly shuffles into the corner, apparently needing to deal with some shit.

"That... was not Normal... Why now? Why is it... different?"

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: June 05, 2018, 01:51:05 am »

I'll attempt to assist the grave-robber.
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: June 05, 2018, 05:09:54 pm »

The leper seems a little bored of the situation, despite the horrors and wounds. A man on the edge of death is hard to impress, after all. Regardless, he stomps over to the undead creature currently pinning the unfortunate ally. While "stomping over" carries the connotation of being rather slow, and the fact that even on the best of days this man isn't exactly fast, it should be mentioned that he was still more than fast enough for his next action. Giving a roar both effort and minor rage, he gives a solid, well-aimed kick at the head of the creature. The momentum is enough for the leper to fly over the two, and for his foot to leave the zombie's skull with the consistency of yogurt. The smell was, at this point, fairly par for the course. You wouldn't even notice it, if it wasn't for a human's innate talent to never get used to the smell of corpses.
With the undead creature being very thoroughly dead, the grave robber gets up and dusts himself off, groans a bit about the pain, and the pulls out the cross-dagger thing. A few precise cuts and angry yelling later, the creature's tendons are cut, it's arms are sawed off, the knees bent in the wrong direction, and its heart forced down its neck-stump. It was very cathartic. (-5 stress)
It also made sure that if this creature rises again, it won't be reaching anything. Although, considering the creature is extremely dead, what with its head reduced to a smear on the walls (and shoes), if it can regenerate from that this won't be that much of a problem.

Rubbing her arms in a defensive move, clearly trying to stop herself from shaking overmuch, the noblewoman seems to be about at her limit. This is no place for civilians...
The bounty hunter keeps her close, giving her a hug and reassurance that nothing can actually harm her here. It seems to work well enough, though she keeps her hands clutched to her arms in an a form that reminds one of a straitjacket. But the bounty hunter says they should be nearing the end of this particular dungeon. Short ones aren't usually that long, at least not of this type...
Though he mentions that you've been finding and fighting a lot of stuff you don't usually find in this kind of place. He'll be happy when you can all leave.
Suddenly, a loud fizzling noise makes most of you jump. The corpse of the horror is twitching and hissing, as more and more electricity begins to form around it. Then, all at once, a yellow ring of electricity-like energy surrounds the creature, and makes it melt (or teleport) away in just a flash. Nothing remains of the creature.
The abomination, who was busy vomiting off to the side, notes that the pieces of bloody vomit are also disappearing with a fizzle and a pop, and that she's feeling considerably better. Relatively.

The door to the next room seemed... ominous, in some way. Despite it being a door like any other. When the leper opens it, carefully, it becomes clear why.
Standing tall and fearsome, you see a figure in a long robe. A strange, spiked collar around where his neck would be, and his hood is locked up, and revealing only a pinprick of pure darkness where its face aught to be. It uses a prisoner's chains as a sort of belt, and some profane scrolls hand on the side. It hisses in anger at your approach, and waves a hand at the ground. As if from nothing, two pairs of skeletal hands burst forth, and in no time at all two pairs of badly equipped skeleton warriors rise up, eager to assault the party.
HELL'S BELLS! THAT'S THE BLOODY NECROMANCER!
That's not good news.

Stats

Grave Robber

Leper

Antiquarian

Abomination

Party Items

You are close to the end of your journey. See whether it is a tavern or grave.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 05:37:41 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: June 05, 2018, 05:44:28 pm »

”...shit.”

Place self between enemies and party, hack and slash at necromancer. Aim for the head, if possible.
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 216