Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 185764 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #1950 on: May 10, 2018, 05:19:10 pm »

The Antiquarian produces their old tome and seeks an entry relevant to these creatures, reading aloud.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 07:40:00 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: May 10, 2018, 07:11:40 pm »

"Oh good, They're both nutters. Down, you!"

Stun the remaining dog.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: May 11, 2018, 11:23:17 am »

DolosusDoleus
Happy to take advantage of the dead dogs, you move to the trapped woman and throw the log off (Guaranteed success, Lepers are strong) with one arm as you keep your eye on the remaining dog. The plank pretty much goes flying, and you put yourself between the dog and the woman.

RAM
The bandaged man just threw that log off of you like it was nothing! Thinking quickly, you open your tome and start looking for any kind of description of these dogs. Normal hounds don't act like this, if there was only one survivor it would have ran off by now... Paging through the book, the tome was quick to direct you to the correct page, as it always does. It's a dangerous tome, but it's certainly useful! You read aloud this description, not even thinking about it!
Rabid Gnasher!
Dog afflicted by rabies in The Weald.

The page stops there. A single sentence, and some magical circles that explain it's longevity with such wounds. It's... essentially just a dog, man. Nothing special about it apart from it being a teensy bit undead, if you're reading these circles right. You never went to college.
Well, that sure was useful.

Egan_BW
While both of these people are babbeling nonsense, you attempt to hit the rabid dog that's still very willing to try and eat you all. You twirl your chain with all your might, to get some momentum going, and send it flying forward with exceptional speed and power! The iron hits the dog, and outright makes the head of the dog EXPLODE! Blood splatters over you, most of it on your face. On top of this disgusting stuff getting into your body, you also feel as though you pulled a muscle on that one. (Roll: 6).
Disease: Rabies! : You have a -1 on all actions, but cause an extra wound when hitting an enemy. (Roleplaying is not required, but suggested. It's a slow burn, at first)

Victory achieved!

With the dogs out of the way, the party can hear a faint giggling from a nearby bush as the caretaker walks out of there, miraculously unharmed apart from some dust on him. He walks to the wreckage of the cart, and searches the remains of where he sat. He finds a crossbow amongst the wreckage, and pats it dangerously before gesturing at you to follow him.
Not much farther now, my friends. Not much farther.
He takes the time to cut the horses loose, as well. The beasts were unnaturally silent, for being pinned and stuck around rabid dogs. They quickly run in the direction of the village, not even making a noise other than their mighty hooves on the dirt.
You all follow closely, there is no turning back now. Just as the town comes into view, however, two figures jump out of the thicket and block your path.
One is a truly massive man wielding a cat-o-nine-tails. Scarred, hulking and smirking, he seems ready to give you as many scars as he does. You also note his flintlock pistol, an unusual weapon to find in this place. At least it's still holstered on his chest. Behind this hulking mass of muscle there is a weedy looking man, holding what looks like a blunderbuss! Is this place dwarven, or what!? You see him loading a random selection of junk inside, for now.

Take action!

Omada
As you use up the last bit of coin the heir gave you for a beer, you hear the crier ringing his bell and announcing more mercenaries are on the road. Apparently the cart crashed. In a few moments, able hands will start picking up the pieces again, like every time that happens in this gods-forsaken place. Perhaps you should go along, meet your new allies?
Mh.
The mug of beer in front of you should answer that question, no?
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: May 11, 2018, 12:15:08 pm »

”...”

Murderize the massive bandit. One swing ought to do it.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: May 11, 2018, 04:59:27 pm »

"There's more? O͝h, ͝fưc҉k óff̶.͢"

Transform and show them the claws.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: May 11, 2018, 05:42:26 pm »

"Oh, uhh, ranged weapons, obscure vision..."
Concealing smoke
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: May 11, 2018, 06:31:13 pm »

thinking: "Better make a good first impression, otherwise they will not be keen in saving me inside the dungeon, let me first put a bit of this cold mug near my eye bags, let's not appear to be tired, smile on the face like a non-neurotic jester and let's go"

Go to the road meet my new best friends
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: May 12, 2018, 03:22:53 pm »

DolosusDoleus
Before the man can perform any action, you rush forward with your sword high above your head. A foolish manoeuvrer, if you cared about pain. The figure did not expect a frontal assault like this, clearly expecting intimidation to do its work so his companion can finish loading his rifle. Your blade strikes true! (Roll=5) You cleave into his chest, and through unnatural power your blade keeps going to hit the enemy's knee, as well! A truly grievous wound, that would leave a normal man gasping, reeling over the abyss! Well struck!
The hulking mass of muscle, falls to one knee, but against all the odds, something in that fool of a man keeps him moving. He's not dead yet, ready to try and kill you still. What terrible strength...

Egan_BW
The whip-wielder was nearly torn in half, and he's still going!? Well, you hardly felt like dealing with this, regardless. Tapping into your tainted blood, you unleash the creature within! Muscles bulge, your legs stretch into an animalistic, dog-like shape as your fingers tear themselves open to allow claws to sprout. With a great roar, your skull shifts and changes as you rush forward at the hulking figure with a clumsy bite! Even with his lethal wound, the figure finds strength enough to flail as your tear him open, laughing like a hyena! Were he not so injured, this would have been nearly ineffective.(Roll=3)
Your companions take 10 stress damage!

RAM
While your companions are both terrifying brutes, one more beastial than the other, you are the only one who noted that there is still a man armed with a musket, who seems oddly unfased by the appearance of some unholy abomination tearing his friend to bloody ribbons. Lighting your lantern, filled with powerful incense, you throw a powder in the flame, exploding almost instantly in a beautiful blue vapour. It spreads almost instantly, and has a nice mint smell. Tragically, it doesn't cover anybody other than you! Not enough dosage...(roll=3)
+1 def

With a stoic look in his eye, the bandit rifleman fires his blunderbuss at the party! A massive explosion occurs, as the shoddy rifle blows up entirely! (Roll=1)
Sadly, a lot of scrap is still sent flying forward, with pieces of the barrel flying alongside it. A large chunk of iron lodges itself into the transformed abomination, even with the defensive twitch that stopped it from hitting the head. (Roll= 5) (Def roll = 4)
Egan_BW's health= 2/3
Some smaller chunks of scrap also go flying towards the antiquarian, the smoke concealing her from sight. All her companions can hear is a gasp of pain, before she walks out of the smoke cloud. Her arm was hit, but it's not a bad wound by any means. But if left untreated...
RAM's health= 3/3 (Bleeding, will cause wound in an hour)

The rifleman was not left unhurt by the explosion of his weapon, but he's still alive, holding the ruined handle of his weapon. Shrapnel is all over his body, but somehow he's still moving. If barely. The caretaker that is with the party finally makes a move of his own, preparing to fire his crossbow. His shaking hands drop the weapon, however, and he shoots the bolt into his own foot, causing him to scream in pain and fall to the ground. On top of feeling an immense amount of pain, he also feels like an idiot. Truly, this is pure hell.

omada
After quickly finishing your mug, you hold it against your tired eyes to cool them a little. You start your saunter towards the road only a minute later. They aren't far out, there isn't much chance that you'll be attacked...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 07:07:48 am by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: May 12, 2018, 03:51:35 pm »

"Great Lunar Plummet this hurts. How could I get the dosage wrong!"
Smoke I must figure out what went wrong!
Read the First Post!

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: May 12, 2018, 04:53:55 pm »

”Blood in the mud.”

Kick the massive bandit down and stomp on his head for a killing blow!
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: May 12, 2018, 05:51:31 pm »

"EHREAGAAAA!"

Blood! Blood!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: May 12, 2018, 07:32:51 pm »

Go sneaky by the shadows

there isn't something as "not being attacked"
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: May 13, 2018, 04:33:01 pm »

RAM
Desperate to find out what you have done wrong with your otherwise precise concoctions, you go to work with your smokes and powders with an steady zeal and a shaking hand. The appearance of this monster hiding in that woman is less than healthy for your mental state, but apparently you work well under stress. The fresh powders and shaking of the lantern seems to have unleashed far more than you could have predicted, and a massive cloud belches forth from your lantern. In no time at all, everything is covered in a thick smoke cloud, the massive man getting torn apart, the injured rifleman, everything!
Seems like you did your job a little too well. Roll=6

DolosusDoleus
While making a finishing blow seems like a fun and easy thing to do, there is still a massive abomination tearing the massive hulk of a man apart in considerably less hulking pieces of flesh. Regardless, you move around the massive corpse and stomp his skull in for good measure. He didn't seem to mind, and the werewolf tearing him a new one didn't seem to notice. The smoke is making it nigh-impossible to see for you, though...
What is that woman doing!?

Egan_BW
While the blood in this corpse is nice n' all, you think there's considerably warmed blood just over yonder... With your honed sense of smell, you still find exactly where the figure you need to catch is, and leap forward! You can't see in this damned fog, but you heard a distinct snapping noise...
Blood splashes over you when your jaws clamp shut over the figure beneath your claws.

Victory achieved!

The caretaker is still screaming on the ground, but it looks like the road to the hamlet is free of enemies... When the party looks ahead, they see nothing stopping them from reaching the hamlet. Somebody better take the caretaker with them, they'd probably want him back.

omada
You successfully keep to the shadows, darting in and out of whatever seems proper to hide against. You see a few figures in the distance, most likely your now colleages. They don't see you, so stealth successful, you guess.
Hm.

I'm the kind of tired sleep won't fix.
Neat stuff I do:

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: May 13, 2018, 04:57:34 pm »

I hide and try to read about my recently-monstrous companion. Could it be something they caught from the dogs?
Read the First Post!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: May 13, 2018, 08:33:29 pm »

Go in the way of the figures, when sure it's not bandits  I begin my stupid apresentationglorious entrance

Glorious entrance: Throw something on the other side of the road to attract attention to the opposite direction, appear behind them striking a confident pose (taking special care to not be attacked because someone might get scared)

"VOALÁ, weeeeeelcome here adventurers, you must be the new *cough* heroes that will be exploring these dangerous lands, I came here to met and greet my new friends and, and... oh fuck, you are bleeding, can I help you?"
Novice english wordsmith
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 216