Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 185792 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #1890 on: April 27, 2018, 06:02:20 pm »

Well, we could always mind-control her.  Talk, but both stinging and mind-control should let us survive should it come down to the death.

(Also, nice being big, we held our own instead of getting our ass kicked for once.)

Talk, and start creating a siphoning cloud.  That should avoid any last-minute twitch by killing her slowly, if need be.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 06:19:51 pm by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: April 27, 2018, 06:03:48 pm »

Talk, then mind-control, then sting, then eat whatever's left~

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: April 27, 2018, 06:04:53 pm »

Yeah.. if we are forced to resort to mind-control, we'll have to kill her, can't let word of that ability get out.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: April 27, 2018, 06:07:04 pm »

Crush her throat and sting her.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: April 27, 2018, 06:37:15 pm »

Talk and siphoning cloud. Siphoning is very aggressive, but we may as well go for the intimidate and the healing might save us if this goes bad. Except... I really can't think of a good intimidate for this situation. I guess...
talk
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: April 27, 2018, 06:48:31 pm »

"I have kids too.  Now talk!"

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: April 27, 2018, 07:45:36 pm »

"I have kids too.  Now talk!"
It's a good try. I have no disrespect for anyone else siding with it, but it just isn't "doing it" for me.
Siphoning is an attack. If we don't pull off the intimidate it'll pretty much kill diplomacy once she feels weird life-drain smoke doing its thing, made worse by it being smoke and her having eggs around here, so I am just feeling really twitchy about using it...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: April 28, 2018, 11:13:31 am »

I would say we get prepared with a sting ready to enter her flesh and revolver in her tail if she decides to hurt

"I am a mother too, wouldn't hurt other's kids"

call the kids so they can climb our hands and see her (so she can see them too)

"grab the flashlight and see the pig mole if you don't believe me, don't try anything funny or we end both, and everybody else dead, let's kill the other two pigmoles together"

If she starts to try to kill us curse her and let the cloud spread through the lower part of our body (far from the kids)

Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: April 28, 2018, 05:34:31 pm »

You decide to "talk". As you do so, a small cloud of lifedraining gas escapes your mouth as you look her in the eyes. You can tell that she's shaken at that, but your words seem to let her wake up.
I didn't TOUCH your children! I have my own to care about, I would never!
Your children, understanding that you're talking about them crawl out of your hair and appear on your shoulder. The cloud is already doing its work, but the lamia seems to relent a little on her own. You feel her tail relaxing.
Release Maya. Maya not going to kill.
You don't budge an inch. You sniff in minor disdain at your would-be killer, who still has more than enough tail wrapped around you to be dangerous. Your cloud will wear her down, especially considering she doesn't seem to notice it right away.
You first, asshole.
*tch* she clicks her tongue, and releases her tail. You let her go as well, throwing her away. Regardless of what she tries next, she no longer has either the element of surprise, and she's more injured than you.
Maya not like drider... But Maya understand, from one mother to other. Why come here? Why egg on drider hands?
Look at the pig. He's the one with egg on his breath. Or, well, he would.
The snake-lady takes a closer look at the corpse you made, and after a few seconds of slithering around it (she winces occasionally, your cloud having done some work) she finally speaks again.
Drider being dumb. this female. It "she" then.
I'm not even going to honor that with a response.
Hm. Drider to good for lamia? Maya too scary?
I still have my damned revolver, if you keep this up. Don't try to intimidate me.
You driders all the same. But can't get Maya in here. Drider can't dig fast as Maya. So go home, tell driderfriends Maya not catchable alive.
Driderfriends? What do you mean, lamia?
Control city, have big queen lady. Fat. Wait. Does driderlady not know other driderladies?
Apart from getting kidnapped once, no. Not exactly on good terms.
...Maya think drider has enemy that Maya also have.
"The enemy of my enemy is my friends", eh?
Enemy of enemy is just that. Enemy of enemy. No need to join over hate. Maya glad driderlady not part of them. Does driderlady know where they keep den mother?
Den what?
They stole Maya's den mother. Now Maya have to be den mother, but too young. Too weak. Blessing of white not good for den mother. Can't do it. Have to keep eggs safe for den mother to return and grant life. But now pigs...
What the hell are you doing in a damned basement, then!?
This NO "basement"! She's yelling again, spectacular. You keep your fairly annoyed look about you, and make sure that your weapon is close. This damned dark isn't helping much, but that pale hair of hers should make it easy enough to know where she is.
This Maya's home! Dwarves promise no dig here, Dwarves promise to leave lamias alone! But dwarf TRAITORS!
She has an odd way of twisting her tail around, taking the rest of her body with it. She's a VERY mobile snake, to say the least, even if she does stay in place, mostly. You note that she's "sitting" on her tail now. despite the fact that her talking is clearly a little heated, her body posture is relaxed.
Your social skills are blown a little off course from the sight.

Dwarves dig here, find Maya. Maya still fixing home after driders came and took den mother. Now dwarves here. She spits out the words "driders" and "dwarves" like it was poison. She's clearly rather steamed about the whole thing.
...Just what the hell are you on about? So this wasn't dug by the dwarves, is what you mean?
Added walls, and holes in walls. Rest was dug out by Maya and Den mother.
How the hell did the driders even GET to you, then? If this was a damned cave without an entrance, how would it even work!? Have you SEEN me? I shouldn't even fit through doors, much less dig my way through the earth! HOW DID THEY EVEN DO THAT?
Had dwarves dig FOR them. And we dig into base. Very awkward, much shouting. Some fighting, but Maya strong. They cheat with brightlights. Like driderlady did.
You mean the flashlight? You pick the tool off the ground, now that you aren't ready to shoot her any more. The sitting position isn't that functional for another attack. Seems like you've reached an accord.
Yes. Maya blessed with the white. Powerful for magic, when Maya older, but light hurt.
Does it, now...

Suddenly, you hear a horrifying squeal of a pig, seconds before a shape comes charging out of the doorway. You are quick to get moving, not exactly keen on getting trampled by a clawed pig that weighs half a ton, but the lamia is distracted and not looking the right way. All at once, the pig collides with the Lamia, sending her sprawling. If it wasn't for the weight of her tail, she'd have been sent flying. The pig, quick to notice how the target doesn't seem to be a red mist against the wall, instead starts clawing with its entire bodyweight, jumping up and raking her back as you charge forward. Forming a fist, you do something that you've been meaning to do ever since you came to terms with having a huge hand.
You uppercut the beast with a roar, both from the thrill of combat and the effort. The pig flinches backwards, despite the massive weight, and you use that moment to level your revolver in its face and fire!
The gun roars to life, and sends its payload straight into the pig's skull. The creature squeals horrifically loud, somehow not dead, so you fire again. If it wasn't for your prodigious strength, the kickback would have really hurt. As it stands, though, you're free to fire as much as you want. With three more shots, the creature falls flat, the legs falling out from under it. But it's STILL ALIVE.
You can't pierce the skull of this damned thing!? But it did concuss the beast, so that'll work...
Holstering your revolver, you take out your sword and try to slice the creature's throat. You end up having to "saw" through the fat to even get anywhere!
These things are REALLY tough to take down, it seems...

Once the creature's airway is cut, it doesn't take long before it expires. When the rush of adrenaline starts dissipating, you hear the gasping groans from the lamia behind you.
She's badly hurt...

Fix her up, temporarily.
Her injuries are a bit more than just the claws of that creature... Your cloud did a bit of a number on her, as well. Best if you stabilize her now, and finish the job, first.

Fix her up as best you can, and get her out of here.
She... doesn't deserve to die here. You hope the lady up top can understand a small break for the job.

Take care of her for extended period.
It's not fun, sure, but somebody's got to do it, right?

Continue the job.
She'll just have to figure it out herself.

Finish it off.

Other

Basic Stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: April 28, 2018, 05:56:40 pm »

Quick fix, then continue the job.  But leave your cat and a couple of your children behind to provide notice, and there are tunnels in the area.. she could just hide.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: April 28, 2018, 05:58:06 pm »

Fix her now, then get back to the job.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: April 28, 2018, 06:42:12 pm »

Want to take care of her... but pigs go down much easier with surprise... but that revolver is not quiet...

Cast Undead Pig then stabilise the Lamia.
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: April 29, 2018, 03:27:58 pm »

Now look what you've got yourself into. Dang it. You mutter as you pull out some of your hair to use as wire. Those cuts look deep, but your stitching should help out well enough. Meanwhile, the lamia is just groaning on the floor, inbetween bouts of hyperventilation. She has the state of mind to not scream in pain, at the very least. You're grateful for that, though it'd be a lot better if she didn't squirm.
Hold still, this is going to sting a little. You say as you prepare to start stitching her flesh together. Magic or no, that still hurts. The lamia doesn't seem to listen, though, as she keeps rolling around in pain, her tail thrashing about in a panic. Seems like you might have overestimated her calm, she's just not a screamer in general. You tell her to hold still a few more times, eventually trying to lock her in place with your legs, careful not to stab her with them. She doesn't need that right now. After a few more attempts to get stitching (including one failed attempt where she rolled in such a manner that it made her wound worse, you eventually lose your patience and slam your demonic hand on her back with a little too much force, and talk in her ear through clenched teeth.
Stop. Moving.
With both your hand and the intimidation in play, she stops moving. Unfortunately, she takes that as an invitation to start crying, instead. But hey, you'll take sad wailing over thrashing. With a rougher hand than strictly necessary, you stitch the wounds closed, one by one. With the bleeding gone, and most of the pain, she soon starts calming down.
Driderlady... a healer?
Of a sort. This is about as much as I can manage, though. Unless you happen to have a rare and powerful tome detailing everything there is to know about lifedrain.
What you mean. What is tome?
A book. Know what that is?
Why not call it "book" then?
If you've got time for banter, I guess I don't have to close up this last one, do I?
Maya shut up! Maya get it.

After you finish up the last stitches needed, you help her "upright".
Maya still feel pain.
Well, Maya should be happy she's not going to bleed out. Find a safe spot somewhere, I'll go finish my job.
Job? STEAL EGGS? She recoils a bit, but doesn't go for the attack.
KILL THE REST OF THE PIGS! GODS ABOVE! You throw up your hands as you walk away from her. You raise the pig's body with a little gesture, causing the lamia to give a little yelp of surprise.
Driderlady is Bonemaster!? Why not tell Maya!?
Not relevant. Now shut up. Those things all went deeper because of your little attack. I bet this was just the one that got tired of it...
Before you leave, however, you sigh to yourself. With as little as a thought, your cat walks into the basement. You don't really have that beastie on you at all times, it's too big for that, but it follows you around as a cat does. It sticks close to the lamia, and soon starts begging for headscratches.
The lamia is quick to give it to the creature, without a word. You think you hear her whisper Soft..., though.
You holster the revolver again and draw your sword. Bullets clearly don't stop these things, so you're going to have to exsanguinate them instead. With a few solid cuts that should happen eventually. The flashlight clicks on as you go deeper into the basement. It's pitchblack, here, you can't see anything regardless of how much adapt to the dark. The flashlight will really cut into your stealth abilities, but that fracas with the lamia ruined any potential stealth in the at least barely lit parts of the basement. Using soulsight, you at least keep a bead on the pigs. The next room has two of them, unfortunately. You send your undead minion to go first. The pigs don't seem to react right away, until suddenly one of the creatures moves out of the room at a decently fast trot for such a creature. The other pig just turns and snorts at the undead pig. After a few more tense seconds, the pig suddenly squeals and charges at your minion! Smashing into the thick fat, the creature doesn't exactly harm it overmuch. Or, at least nothing while the beast is already dead. Cracked ribs and damaged lungs don't mean much anymore.
You move in as fast as you can as the beast recovers from its fairly clumsy charge. With a quick downward slice, you manage to slice into the comparatively spindly legs for such a block of fat. The squealing rapidly turns ear-piercing as it tries and fails to turn to you. The wounded leg causes it to collapse, though it recovers fairly fast. You rend it open by the side with a rough stab, somewhat deflected by the creature's hide. It's nothing more than a fleshwound. Now that it had time to compensate, it manages to move a little distance away from you. Your undead pig, however, doesn't seem too keen on just letting it, and it gives as good as it got with a headbutt of its own. With the creature sent flying, trying to land on its bad leg, you see the opportunity to strike. You strike with your claw, holding the creature in place with your fingers before slicing open the throat, like before. As you keep it in place, the creature dies after half a minute.
You raise that one, as well.

The pig that quicky left after your first undead pig entered is in the next room. With your pigs double-teaming it, however, it's stunned before it can even do anything. It looks far smaller than the ones you already have, too. Must be younger, or just a less important member of this little pack. Your minions just rammed into its sides, and sent it flying, after which the tore it to pieces with their claws. Yeah, you can see how anybody who isn't built like you or the lamia would have trouble with these things. Your soulsight shows three more pigs. You decide to leave the younger one where it is, its probably too small to be of use. With these slabs of meat at your disposal, though, hunting the rest of these creatures shouldn't prove too difficult. Eventually, you reach the end of the basement, which was clearly dug by the pigmoles. THey like high ceilings, fortunately, but it's clearly not even close to the quality that was visible (provided you had a flashlight) where you find the last creature. When you shine your light at the last creatures, though, you're not entirely sure about what you might need to do.
It's just a female pigmole left, and it is currently nursing a litter of six adorable little creatures. The female is clearly immobilized, as it seems to have grown monsterously fat to sustain it's brood.
You've been killing these pigs alright, yeah, but... these things are harmless. And really, really cute.

No mercy.
They're cute NOW. Just suck it up and kill them. You can feel awful for a bit, the money will make up for it.

Kill just the mother.
Without their parents here, these things should just leave on their own, right? No reason to stay, then.

...Someone else can finish this.
You don't have the heart for this. They're piglets. How could you kill something that cute? But they're harmless, so maybe the dwarf-lady or even the lamia can finish it off.

Other.

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: April 29, 2018, 04:11:50 pm »

Kill them.  The young ones might taste better.  And they clearly have no qualms about killing and eating young anyway.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: April 29, 2018, 04:27:53 pm »

No Mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 216