Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 185810 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #1845 on: April 15, 2018, 06:18:18 pm »

Hey, now that we're bigger and have an even bigger arm, maybe we should consider getting a greatsword or something. Fits better than a dinky little longsword, and something heavy would let us do some real damage.

+1. Maybe test the relative strength of the new arm right now, since we probably have a few minutes to do that. We can figure out how large we want our weapon to be based on how that works out.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: April 15, 2018, 06:31:36 pm »

We've already been grabbed once, and got over it. May as well leave the gang here together in a relatively fortified location. Besides, we are faster and have can make a more direct route travelling alone...

Do mention that we would like to go look for a way to help Hal soon, so we will probably be leaving soon. Meandra can prepare some sort of goodbye, presumably to us. Also drop a reminder that there are assassins everywhere and probably don't spend too long alone or assume that the shuffling bushes outside are just stray cats or whatever people normally do when they are not expecting trouble...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: April 16, 2018, 04:22:29 pm »

Right, before I'm off. Me and Hal are probably leaving after the business here is handled... Probably Sucy and Yunikki, too. Well, almost certainly. Hal's got some business that's getting increasingly urgent.
...oh. Alright. I understand that, but could you go me a favor, at least?
Shoot.
Keep in contact, would you? I'll give you a special stamp when you leave, that'll allow the mail to reach me. Not to mention, priority mail~.
I'll try to write, sure. But something tells me that my business here will take a long friggin' while, regardless. Don't you worry. It'll be a while before I get out of here, probably.
Ah, alright. Stay safe!

The journey to the policestation wasn't exactly exciting. The city looks like its still mending from the sudden eldritch invasion you stopped. You do note that some people look through their windows to look at you, though, and your picture does seem to be in a local newspaper. Of course, it might also be because you have a big demonic-looking hand with some teeth sticking out of the palm. But, looking on the bright side, you can probably carry quite a bit more with that arm. Too bad it's your off hand, though. As much as using a zweihander one-handed would be fun, you'd probably have to make do with a tower shield of something. But those are questions for later.
The station looks to be rather busy. People are rushing around with all manner of papers, some others are walking with limps, many offices stand empty...
It's odd that they bothered sending somebody in person to come get you, all things considered. Fortunately, you aren't ignored. The same officer that came to the front door is quick to collect you, without a word. Then, you are put in an interrogation room, with a camera and a one-way mirror. You are left alone, with nothing but a glass of water. They also gave you a chair, and you decide to look very disappointed at the camera as you push it into a corner. You hear faint laughter from behind the glass, and you can't help but join in a little. A small chuckle. It's a lot better when it's just a prank.

Well, the interrogation will probably start soon.

Tell them everything about the driders. And any other questions they may have, they can know.
Best to be open about this.

Lie through your teeth.
If those driders are watching, this might just stop you from getting on their shitlist. Although you did already kill two guards, so maybe you're past that.

Tell things that don't incriminate you.
No need to tell them you worked with some Shadowrunners.

Be as annoying as possible while you do it.
Come on! It'll be fun.

Other

Basic Stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: April 16, 2018, 04:55:48 pm »

Talk Extensively about Everything they ask about, I mean we were the chatty one back at home...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: April 16, 2018, 04:58:32 pm »

While being annoying but in the funny way, not the way that makes them actually angry.

But no incriminating anyone else, maybe. If they lead in that direction, remind them that this interrogation is about the driders, not shadowrunners.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: April 16, 2018, 06:14:05 pm »

Nothing that incriminate us unless when the question is very specific, but talk extensively

If we are going to tell about our previous work, Change the words of shadowrunners for "merc"

If we talk about what we did with the saints simply say that you were angry for knowing that my friend's family were being extorted by criminals and decided to join other mercs against it

If they ask about why we called the ronins then (If they somehow know) just say "come on, do you expected for me to deal with a whole gang alone? Nothing better that making criminals (that use swords and won't hurt civilians) hurt other criminals"

Extra stuff to talk/do:
 "Hey, you know that the driders have people among your organization right? when i open my mouth here I am just putting myself in their hitlist and better you have a plan of dealing with them and their cannibalistic crazy leader RIGHT NOW"

Give them extra info about what we know about the drider clones that we heard that are participating on the second floor, and suggest them our help to deal with them

Blink to the investigator smile a bit and just act as we are going to punch the glass with our huge claw... just to scare them a bit and laugh
when asked "WHY?" just talk that it was the payback of the earlier prank

Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: April 16, 2018, 07:15:47 pm »

That chair is adjustable right? Like, we are already strong, and massive claw-arm, and we have spare legs to brace the thing down with. Bending it into a nice flat-top stool should be easy. It was provided for our sitting, right? With all these dwarven wonders of course their chairs are designed to bend like that!

And we should be VERY honest. Make sure to run off on extended tangents. Keep turning the topic to cooking. Rant vaguely about sisters and raves and terrible tattoos, discuss the ethics of milking your own children to make mutterstew... Really, between the smells, the effort, the assembling of elements, the carnage... everything comes back to cooking eventually...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: April 16, 2018, 10:32:06 pm »

We do want to get around to actually telling them about those pansy-ass driders though, because fuck those guys.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: April 17, 2018, 04:14:48 pm »

The interrogator enters the room after only a few more minutes of waiting. You briefly considered trying to bend the metal chair, and you don't doubt that you could probably do it, it's just that it would take a long while. Not to mention, having a single monsterously strong arm (and to be honest, it's closer to a superhumanoid WRIST than an arm) means you don't quite have the leverage required to twist something into shape. Not to mention, even if you managed it would be PROFOUNDLY uncomfortable. You just sit on the uncomfortable floor, which is unusually cold. Considering it's solid concrete you're laying on, it's also the most uncomfortable ground you ever chilled on. Still better than twisted metal.
The interrogator herself looks somewhat unusual. She isn't a dwarf, for one, though she could easily have passed for one, considering her size. A fairly petite lady that barely manages to be past five feet in length, although it's obvious that she has a very solid build under that uniform. Her blonde hair and make-up really offsets the expression on her face. She looks like the typical bubbly sort of woman you'd find at a bar, if all the rampant sexuality was replaced with barely repressed rage.
Sydney Aestinus. I'd tell you to take a seat, but...
Maybe I should sue for being non-accommodating?
Save me the witty banter, drider. And if you're serious, remember our legal system is a bit biased against your kind, alright?
Without witty banter, how are we different from animals?
Rules, generally. So tell me, first things first, what's your connection to the shadowrunners?
Nothing specific. I joined a couple of mercs, all I know.
I doubt that. You aren't in trouble for associating with them in that manner, you know. At least, considering the known acts. Vigilantism is frowned upon, but if it grants positive results it's allowed.
Did it?
Considering you replaced a mysteriously well-funded and well-organized gang with one that likes to play with shitty swords, yeah. Not to mention, you managed to get a lot of people their money back from the plague extortion.
You knew it was an extortion, and you did nothing? Is it because none of you have names or a unique colour?
It's because the extortion was all legalized. If we came down on them, a lot of companies would be threatened because they use the same dirty tricks. You do not want to know what happens when the governing body has to sell its power to corporations. Trust me, we've been there, done that and kept the scars.
Right. So, yeah, I did some work against the Saints.
Yes, that brings us to the real question. Where did you get that new arm? And I'm talking BEFORE you got cursebound to... whatever that is. She gestures to the swollen, mutated hand as one would refer to a singing piece of poop. Minor fascination mixed with clear disgust.
I... seriously, honestly, do not know. I just woke up with that thing after a night where I guess I got a little too tipsy.
Hm. Damn. Damned Slaaneshi drugs. We were hoping you'd be able to tell us where you got that mechanical claw. We've been trying to find the origin of those decommissioned hunks of junk for a while. It keeps driving people to do drugs, and it makes them troublesome to arrest. If it was still around we'd just track it by cutting it off, but considering the curse that's not an option... Mind telling us why you turned to drugs?
I just managed to get out of the drider stronghold, and the Queen they have produces pheromones that make your lizard brain speak louder than your people brain.

...Oh. That brings us to the meat of it all, I suppose.
Yeah, about that. Before I crack open the case on the spider illuminati, can you look me in the eyes and tell me if you're going to shoot me over it.
We'd have disarmed you if we did. Trust me, I know we've got crooks in our compartment, but I promise you this: I am NOT one of them.
Looking into those brown eyes convinces you that SHE means it, at least.
Right. To put it in another way. Do you have a damned PLAN? If I tell you this, and you need a week to prepare, I'm going to be in trouble.
The interrogator looks a bit befuddled for a moment. Her confidence is a little shaken at that question.
Oh! Beautiful.
Look it's... God-damn it. Shut down the feed! she yells at the camera.
...Is this going where I THINK this is going?
You start forming fists, already. You leave a bit of a scratch on the table with your claw as you do so.
I assure you, no. We just can't keep any archives, now that mentioned that. We DO need a damned plan, first, and we need to build up strength again before we perform an assault. God damn it.
...So I should leave?
Not quite. Tell me, what do you know of another drider in the area. She's the same colour as you, and about as lucid. Calls herself Alexia, "Queen Alexia", in total... We thought it was you, at first, but things didn't add up. For one, the reports claims she has both arms, said arms are covered in far more and thicker chitin, on top of a collection of other changes that rule out the possibility of it being you... Is she a sister or sorts? We need to get her taken down, now that she's sending the cultists in a damned frenzy.
A frenzy?
Preparing themselves for something. Fight clubs have nearly tripled since she was spotted. It hasn't even been two damned days, and it TRIPLED. We figure she's some kind of new ringleader. She certainly has the power and charisma for it. High-risk.

How to answer that?

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Skills and spells

« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 04:37:44 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: April 17, 2018, 04:54:39 pm »

Honesty is the best policy.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: April 17, 2018, 06:01:21 pm »

If you see the earth shacking somewhere, don't worry, it isn't a earthquake , it's just me laughing in brazil.
----------------------------
Internally just think "ALEXIA WHAT DO YOU DID?????"

So... just ask before "hey do making the slaneeshi lose their members against the drider and THEN sending the police to finish the job something that might bring positive results? It wouldn't be the first time that I made gangs fight against each other, and with little work I can act as alexia"

If we are going to lie (because maybe they will shoot us) just use this moment to say about the drider clones everywhere
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: April 17, 2018, 07:08:26 pm »

I would like to just burst out with "Since when did she get both arms!". They might have been referring to the pre-curse claw-arm, but otherwise it would appear that she has been getting limb-privileges that we have been lacking... Also we need to keep an eye out for certain people joyriding at night, because that sounds like more than just the one party... And could she not have picked a fleshwarping god to get all enamoured with? Out of anyone she could have a thing for Slaanesh is a bad choice. She obviously enjoys the parties but the long term prospects are just terrible...

On the other hand it really could be a different Alexia. We have had more than enough trouble with clones...

There was that first one I called Yendys, who knows if someone can pull a repeat performance of that. All they needed the first time was some spare samples, and we've had spilt bits since then... There is a factory-outlet out there somewhere churning out look-a-likes for slavery. Our mother is a complete mystery. And most people don't seem to be any good at picking out driders, a bit of blue paint and anyone could pass for us in some places...
Read the First Post!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: April 17, 2018, 07:22:19 pm »

It's obviously us, but the fact that we no longer have the giant tattoos are throwing them off.  I'd recommend mentioning clones, as there are quite probably already clones running around.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: April 17, 2018, 09:45:33 pm »

Sigh. Facepalm. WITH THE NORMAL HAND. Say:
"...I have a split personality. She calls herself Alexia. But there's also clones of me running around, so it could be them. Or a combination of the two. You should know that she's the one who killed the monster in that cave, as well."

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: April 17, 2018, 10:40:51 pm »

I think that not mentioning our split personality disorder would be the best idea here. Blame it on a clone or something. We have plausible deniability.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 216