Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 185822 times)

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #1770 on: April 02, 2018, 03:55:01 pm »

Take the heart, eat it.  Take its power!
As if in a trance, you feel your body move forward. Your limbs are limp, your face blank, and you bleed. Gods, do you bleed. You leave a trial of blood as you basically glide towards the creature. You tear it open with your claw, in a spot nobody would have ever though to look. You don't know how it's there, but you feel its few final thumps of life as if the sound alone sought to crush you. Your companions are running towards you, but they're slow. So very slow...
They can't stop you as you plunge your teeth in the still-beating heart of the dead monstrosity. The black, cold blood splashes in your mouth as you tear through the thick muscle and flesh. It tastes like ground glass, but you can't stop. Your teeth feel like they are vibrating, you can't breathe, but still you eat. More of the cold tainted flesh struggles its way down your throat as you heave fruitlessly. You can't stop yourself from eating it, you even feel your companions wrestling at the heart, but an unearthly strength keeps it clutched tight in your hands. Finally, you jaw unhooks and your flesh stretches at you put the whole clump in your mouth. You masticate the last bit of flesh away as your companions stare in horror. Your head locks back in its natural shape, and you finally enter your body again, leaving this disembodies sense behind.

Of course, you take the most logical action that you could possibly take after your body somehow decided to perform a sudden disheartening action. You vomit, of course. Mixed with the tears and cold sweat, you make for a downright AWFUL looking drider, right now.
WHAT THE EVERLOVING FUCK WAS THAT!? The captain screams, training his shotgun on your head. The fact that your companions aren't stopping him from aiming seems to imply mixed feelings there, too.
I... I don't know. I'm not... I was dying. I'm not.... I was going to die.
DID THAT THING GET IN YOUR HEAD? WHAT THE FUCK IS EVEN GOING ON!?
Winters! Leave it. She knows as much as you do, I think... She's not trying to kill us yet, and she stopped bleeding. Although...
Sydney. We need to talk, later. Privately.
he says, looking down at you. He's as serious as he's ever been about that, and you're not exactly able to counter it. If nothing else, the shock of what just happened just left you in control instead of Alexia. And you don't like to admit it, but you actually feel pretty good. It feels horrible to feel good after what happened, but your injuries are healed (though not gone) and your replacement arm even feels stronger than before. You look at the pale arm, and it looks... bigger. Meaner, somehow. The flesh on your wrists especially seems a bit more advanced. You have no idea what this means, but...

We should head back to the injured. We killed what we came here for, and there's hardly any zombies or pigmen here. We must be wandering away from the portal.
We should wait a moment, get our- I'm fine. We can go.
You sure?
Positive. Let's just go.
The walk back (closer to a jog, all things considered.) was delightfully uneventful. Apart from the captain clearly being at the very end of his rope, twitching and yelping at nearly every shadow. You're grateful for his trigger discipline, at least, though it's clear he's not walking out of this sane. Right now, you just have to use his survival mode to the best possible use.
When you finally reach Yunikki again, you note that the room seems distinctly more red than before. Which is a pleasant way of saying that the injured people have been reduced to chunks of gore along the walls and ceiling. Yunikki is nowhere to be found, though you think you hear a familiar screech in the distance.
Oh fucking fantastic.

Stay on track.
Go to the door with all the magic. You can find something there, no doubt. Yunikki, or more accurately the monster she is right now, can handle itself.

Stay on track, option two.
Go through the door with all the souls visible through it. To call it dangerous is kind of an understatement.

Go get Yunikki.
She might turn on your allies. or get herself killed. Or both of those things at the same time.

Other.

Also of note, dear, you levelled up from that. A nap will prove quite useful.
Basic Stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Party

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: April 02, 2018, 04:21:22 pm »

So, Sydney learned it can talk in our head

think "SO YOU CAN TALK ON MY HEAD AND DIDN'T TOLD ME? YOU SHOULD GIVE ME HINT IF THE MAGICAL STUFF AT OUR SIDE IS THE PORTAL OR NOT"

also, go get yukinni

and GIVE SILK TO EVERYBODY ELSE

well, at least we didn't lost our tradition of eating everything

we just can emphasize the part of EVERYTHING now

when we start to digest metal we will have to add "fucking" before "EVERYTHING"

and reserve the capslock for the fucking when we digest concepts or ideas
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 04:23:24 pm by omada »
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: April 02, 2018, 05:23:35 pm »

Let's eat fucking.

Whew! Corruption feels good, man. Obviously somebody agrees. Probably aught to go deal with that.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: April 02, 2018, 06:15:27 pm »

Go get Yunikki.  We have to take out the mage or we die running.  Yunikki's in better shape to not die if we are with her, and we'll need help to keep everyone from dying here.

..and she needs us.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 06:17:20 pm by Devastator »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: April 02, 2018, 06:22:27 pm »

we can bring her back to herself by the way

taking care until she learns how to control the beast

hmmmm...

being half magical like she is right now this mean yukinni can get mutations for her beast when sleeping?
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: April 03, 2018, 11:22:04 am »

Also of note, dear, you levelled up from that. A nap will prove quite useful.
Knew it! We just had to fall asleep before we died and could have expended a level-up to fix ourselves...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: April 03, 2018, 03:58:38 pm »

We need to go get her.
Get WHO!? WHO IS EVEN LEFT!? MY MEN ARE FUCKING DEAD!
Calm down.
WHY THE HELL WOULD I EVEN CALM DOWN, HUH? I JUST LOST EVERY-FUCKING-BODY, I JUST SAW T-THAT MONSTER EAT A HEART A-AND YOU FUCKERS JUST STAND THERE AND ACCEPT IT! Y-YOU'RE WORKING WITH THEM! He screams. Well, screeching is a better word for it, his voice cracked about halfway through. He's is out-of-his-mind terrified. You should be glad he lasted as long as he did, dealing with the eldritch messes most people up really bad the first time. Your first time wasn't exactly the brightest example of calm, either.
Which raises questions on Sucy and Hal. They're both handling their first time rather well, even if you take the cultists and vampire into account. But that's questions for later.
For instance, after the captain stops aiming his shotgun at you. At least he's quiet now that he's debating internally if shooting you would be morally sound. You're still kind of numb of what just happened, but you are too far away to take that gun away from him. Not to mention, he just needs a twitch of his finger to splatter you across the wall, while you need to make a consirable effort to just wrest the gun away from him.
Can we not do this right now?
SCREW YOU! SCREW YOU AND THIS WHOLE GOATFUCK OF A SITUATION. I'M ENDING THIS, RIGHT NOW!
Enough. Sucy hisses, as she jams a syringe in his neck. You didn't even see her move next to him, and you kind of forget how quietly she can move if she feels like it. The captain instantly slumps into a hunched position, and drops the shotgun. Sucy picks it up without comment, and then tells the captain to follow her in an authoritarian voice you're really not used to hearing from her. Somebody's energized...
I basically shut off half his brain. He'll be taking orders from me. Now, are we going to get the psycho, or what?
One moment.
You start producing some silk, and use you back legs to shape it into something useful. As much as you"d like the ability to instantly weave something with your string, you can really only make a rope with the time you have available. Let's hope its enough?

Wear these, in case something really bad happens. It should absorb at least a little bit.
...Alright.
Without any further comment, they put some of the rope around themselves. They tie it around their wrist, for the most part. Wouldn't want it to snag on something, after all. Then, once everybody's done with that, you go in the direction of the screeching. Of course, the second you open the door, you already see the strange bird-like monster at the far end of the hallway, currently tearing something in half. Its six glowing eyes flash in your direction, and it charges, it's tongue flicking out as it rushes in complete silence apart from the hefty thumps. You start walking backwards, which quickly turns into a small run backwards as your companions get the memo. You block the metal door with your body, but Yunikki's powerful body slaps both you and he door aside as if it were made of styrofoam. Which is a material that you didn't even know existed up until this point, to give you an idea of how badly you feel like you got knocked into next week.
...OK. NOW WHAT!?
Yunikki, in her monstrous form, stands in the middle of the room, huffing and growling. It hasn't attacked yet, but you feel like it won't take much longer...

How are you going to calm her down, exactly?

Basic Stats

Party

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: April 03, 2018, 05:23:04 pm »

Hugs.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: April 03, 2018, 05:33:55 pm »

I dunno, improvise?

Mayyyyyybe the alchemist has something handy?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: April 03, 2018, 07:25:01 pm »

Intimidation seems like the obvious choice, though might turn into a dominance thing, but I still side with the hugs.
Read the First Post!

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: April 04, 2018, 10:31:11 am »

I really wanna get into this game, So Ill probably start shooting suggestions out in like a week. Gotta read through this gigantoid thing first :-P
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: April 04, 2018, 03:03:41 pm »

Why? I certainly didn't. In fact I have no frikkin clue how or why our chainslady is a murder bird right now.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: April 04, 2018, 04:01:18 pm »

You open up your arms in front of the creature. It cocks its head to the side, confused. It's a step up from "all-devouring hunger and rage" so you wiggle your hands to signal that she should come a little closer. You slowly tip-toe closer (not an easy feat with eight feet.) to the massive, six-eyes crow-monster, which continuous just standing there . It takes a more defensive position, but your sword is out of arm's reach and it doesn't seem smart enough to notice the claw. Or perhaps it doesn't take it as an offensive action, which is a close second. You call for her to come a little closer, through pouty lips and a frown that looks more condescending than genuine. It leads to a strangely comedic overtone, especially when the massive creature of terror and death confusedly opens up its arms. The "skin" and feathers are all surprisingly warm, and you expected it to be kind of a fairly warm creature to begin with.  It's like hugging a breathing oven.
You both close eachothers arms around eachother.
Awkward monster hug?
Rrrolf.
*Pat Pat*
Oh gods this was a bad idea. Her talons dig deep into your flesh as she "taps" your back. You're not sure if she meant to do so or not, but you feel as if you were three inches away from getting paralysed from the waist down. Assuming the spine connects to your spider-parts, at least? You're not sure, but you're really not willing to find out.

With a voice that's more strain than voice. OOOK. Are we cool?
The creature just roars. You decide to take that as a "yes"

What door, schmuckaroos?

Basic Stats

Party

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: April 04, 2018, 04:11:03 pm »

The one that doesn't lead to a massive mob, please?
oh yeah and DON'T FORGET TO RELOAD MISTER FREEMAN

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: April 04, 2018, 05:45:13 pm »

Lets go find the magic ritual, and fuck it up.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 216